PDA

View Full Version : Spring Time In Augusta.

Pages : [1] 2

MegaWatty
4th April 2011, 06:26 PM
Away we go!

This is not an annoying Tapatalk signature!

rubin
4th April 2011, 06:35 PM
get excited.

Saw a few pics last week of some of the holes...... What I would give to be there, wouldnt even have to play, just to be able to walk around there.......

MegaWatty
4th April 2011, 07:01 PM
2010 official film is on One HD tomorrow morning.

The Par 3 comp is on Thursday morning.

You're welcome. ;)

mike
4th April 2011, 07:04 PM
My favourite tournament of the year.

Tomson
4th April 2011, 07:19 PM
My favourite tournament of the year.

+1

live4golf
4th April 2011, 07:26 PM
Was there a few years ago....ok, not actually during The Masters....and was not allowed to walk onto the course....and it was bucketing down. I did buy a ball marker and a hat from a souvenir shop, which I have subsequently lost....so I didn't see the course, I have no proof I have been there and I didn't enjoy the place because of the weather....poop

I do love watching The Masters though, definitely one of my fave majors

timah!
4th April 2011, 07:33 PM
WooHoo!

dc68
4th April 2011, 07:35 PM
I want to go back... I hate Masters time cos I know how goooooooooooood it is. Boohoo.

Daves
4th April 2011, 07:37 PM

You're welcome. ;)

They have the official film on FoxSports, I couldn't find it on OneHD? Great week coming up. Just programmed all the records into my IQ. We also have the Daly interview on Thursday night, plus special editions of The Pro Shop and the Golf Show. Golf overload oh yeah!

PerryGroves
4th April 2011, 07:48 PM
Couple of my mates are inbound to Augusta, small stop over at Pebble today. HATE THEM.

MegaWatty
4th April 2011, 08:02 PM
Perth time.

timah!
4th April 2011, 08:11 PM
I think it was on tonight Daves :( 6-7pm according to the guide.

Baudwalker
4th April 2011, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately it is also the time of year where some Clubs go through the 'Augusta Syndrome'

and expect their courses to look like what is on TV which places alot of pressure on their Superintendent.

However it is possible to get that Augusta look. !!!!!!!!!!!

All you need is 100 staff and a $6 million course budget. Simple!

MegaWatty
4th April 2011, 08:16 PM
Bubba.

sms316
4th April 2011, 08:18 PM

You're welcome. ;)

***SPOILER***

Mickelson wins.

Courty
4th April 2011, 08:54 PM
I just booked RDOs for Friday & Monday so I can watch all four days in full. 8)

virge666
4th April 2011, 09:13 PM
+1

Your kidding aren't you - the British Open is way better than this, the most pretentious of Majors. Endless shots of flowers with the most annoying music they could possibly find since a David Jones christmas album.

One rich condesending twat rabbiting on about some other rich condescending twat, with endless segways to film in the early 1980 when golf was all about cashmire cardigans and no blacks allowed unless they are gardeners or caddies. Not to mention dragging out the pensioners . . .

I do like the Par 3 event where the players bring out their kids to have a bash and the course is absolutley immaculate, but in all honesty, this tournament is not even in my top 5 of the year.

davepuppies
4th April 2011, 09:20 PM
I cant wait!

My brother in law are booked in the play Bonville friday morning to celebrate the masters (supposed to be modelled on Augusta), Tee time is 10.20, masters coverage ends @ 9am, so all systems go!

Johnny Canuck
4th April 2011, 09:23 PM
I am off to China tomorrow so had to put my little bet on the golf today.
Went to put a tenner on Padraig at 50-1 but when I got home realised I picked the wrong number and got Ernie instead....so theres the tip..get on the Irish kiddie.

A bit better than when I bet on the norm smith winner in the grand final a few years back, filled in the wrong number and got a guy who wasn't playing.

I actually had a golf dream a few nights ago and it involved paddy winning a big tourney. I might have to back him.

Goldy
4th April 2011, 09:26 PM
Your kidding aren't you - the British Open is way better than this, the most pretentious of Majors. Endless shots of flowers with the most annoying music they could possibly find since a David Jones christmas album.

One rich condesending twat rabbiting on about some other rich condescending twat, with endless segways to film in the early 1980 when golf was all about cashmire cardigans and no blacks allowed unless they are gardeners or caddies. Not to mention dragging out the pensioners . . .

I do like the Par 3 event where the players bring out their kids to have a bash and the course is absolutley immaculate, but in all honesty, this tournament is not even in my top 5 of the year.

Speechless.

PerryGroves
4th April 2011, 09:44 PM

Jeez Virge, you would boo Xmas.

virge666
4th April 2011, 09:56 PM
I am not booing it... it is just not THAT good.

The coverage is ordinary and has to be watched with the 30 second skip button firmly in hand. There is just an endless blowing of warm air up each other’s arses with Jim Nance doing his best impersonation of Principle Skinner and mixed with the music is enough to put anyone to sleep.

Not to mention that the Aussies never do any good here as none of the ball strikers can putt, Tiger is more like a pussy cat nowadays, so that leaves us with Phil to carry the can.

ONE HD coverage last year was sensational though and we got to see the aussies hit a few shots – so I will be looking forward to that.

Dazza
4th April 2011, 09:57 PM
Bring it ooonnn!

Tapatalk+Ozgolf=Fail.
Forum Runner+Ozgolf=Win.

Eag's
4th April 2011, 09:58 PM
Always a great week of golf and to top it off, I am on leave so can tune into all of it 8-)

Tomson
4th April 2011, 10:01 PM

Its something about the course that I like. Don't get me wrong all golf is good, but its something about the Masters that gets my blood flowing.

My ranking would be
Masters
The Open
PGA
US Open

Ferrins
4th April 2011, 10:06 PM
I agree with Virge, way too incumbered.

mike
4th April 2011, 10:11 PM
Its something about the course that I like. Don't get me wrong all golf is good, but its something about the Masters that gets my blood flowing.Agree. There's an air about the tournament that is just so special. And I think Azaleas are pretty.

My ranking would be
Masters
The Open
PGA
US OpenMy ranking.
Masters
The Players
The Open
US Open.

PGA is meh.

Dcanto
4th April 2011, 10:21 PM
I just booked RDOs for Friday & Monday so I can watch all four days in full. 8)

Told the boss that I will be in late on Monday - especially if an Aussie is in contention. ;)

Hopefully Badds 4th place finish in Houston is a sign of bigger things to come. 8)

mike
4th April 2011, 10:27 PM
I think Badds is our best chance if he's good off the tee this week. In good form so far this year.

Dcanto
4th April 2011, 10:34 PM
I think Badds is our best chance if he's good off the tee this week. In good form so far this year.

He also seems to be the most consistent putter out of the Aussie guys.

Yossarian
4th April 2011, 10:36 PM
These signatures need to stop.

Tongueboy
5th April 2011, 05:39 AM
These signatures need to stop.

+1 utter wankfest and so is the masters. all gooey seppo bullshit. the open by a country mile

razaar
5th April 2011, 06:33 AM
The Masters is unique because there is no rough and there is a fine line between a good shot and a bad shot. If you get above the hole there is little chance of a two putt unless it hits the hole. Also there are no level lies on the fairways, only on the tees.

Jarro
5th April 2011, 08:21 AM
The Masters is still the pick of the litter for mine.

I would, however, like to see better coverage on the TV.

Jarro
5th April 2011, 08:36 AM
You mean like seeing a few shots of a non-yank sitting 2 or 3 shots from the lead.

Exactly.

It'll be interesting to see if Tiger gets the majority of coverage this year. He's now #7 in the world so you'd imagine we won't see as much of him as in previous years.

BrisVegas
5th April 2011, 08:43 AM
I love the masters. The coverage is woeful, but I still love it. It would be great if they had British Open coverage and commentary for the Masters.

Jarro
5th April 2011, 08:45 AM
It would be great if they had British Open coverage and commentary for the Masters.

Now that would be excellent 8)

virge666
5th April 2011, 08:52 AM
The Masters is unique because there is no rough and there is a fine line between a good shot and a bad shot. If you get above the hole there is little chance of a two putt unless it hits the hole. Also there are no level lies on the fairways, only on the tees.

Ray - been rough there for a while mate. Ogilvy was complaining about it.

Now that would be excellent 8)

Would be absolutley excellent. You would see so much more golf and less archive video. The commentators wouldn't repeat themselves endlessly and it would have character as opposed to nostalgia.

That being said... I miss Gary McCord at the masters... David Feherty has to carry the team in terms of personality.

Anyone else a bit over the fat, know it all prick in the main booth... he is OK is spurts, but every week on NBC is getting a bit tiresome. Did anyone know he shot 63 at Oakmont back in the day with wooden clubs . . .

FFS.

kpac
5th April 2011, 08:55 AM
The Open is a far better tournament than the Masters IMO! The masters smacks of the yanks wanting to host the biggest tournament of Golf, try as they can, they'll never be able to produce a something as good as The Open. Even with all the promotion poured into it.

razaar
5th April 2011, 09:04 AM
The Open is a far better tournament than the Masters IMO! The masters smacks of the yanks wanting to host the biggest tournament of Golf, try as they can, they'll never be able to produce a something as good as The Open. Even with all the promotion poured into it.

The Masters is a private tournament run exclusively by the owners of Augusta National. They control the media coverage and who gets to play.

Eag's
5th April 2011, 09:19 AM
The Open coverage craps all over the Masters coverage, but I will still watch as much as I can get :)

PeteyD
5th April 2011, 09:28 AM
I like flowers. But not when I want to watch golf. Stupid masters coverage.

razaar
5th April 2011, 09:33 AM
When I first started watchingthe Masters in the 70's, the only TV coverage of the Masters was of the last 9-holes of the tournament. We never saw the front nine. I find the Masters coverage more interesting than the British Open which I find quite boring at times. The Masters has more commercial breaks which is annoying, but it has always been that way because of the contractural arrangements between the network and the Augusta National organisation.

PerryGroves
5th April 2011, 10:19 AM
The Masters is a private tournament run exclusively by the owners of Augusta National. They control the media coverage and who gets to play.

To be fair it is effectively an invitation in name only these days. The qualification criteria is set and even The Open has adopted the "old champions rule" in a modified form, hence Tom Watson and Norman get starts.

Put it this way Arnie's granson doesn't get a start like he does at Pebble and Bay Hill

Daves
5th April 2011, 01:13 PM
I think it was on tonight Daves :( 6-7pm according to the guide.

It was actually on Foxsport last week and I have already seen it.

BrettM
5th April 2011, 07:12 PM
Interesting to see where the Masters sits with some. Majors for me lists:

The Open
US Open

Daylight

The Masters

Daylight

PGA

dc68
5th April 2011, 07:35 PM
Having been to the Open ,The Masters and the US Open the one I would go back to is The Masters. Just so much better run, no hassles with crowds etc. And I spent less on food and beverage in 4 days at Augusta than I did in one day at Pebble last year.

Masters rules!!! OK?

razaar
5th April 2011, 07:45 PM
Yep. The Opens & PGA have an atmosphere the same as any other tournament on course, only more spectators who know nothing about golf (less so at the British). The atmosphere at the Masters is completely different to the other three. It makes you want to revisit. As Dave said, the cost of food and drinks at Augusta is unbelievably cheap.

Courty
5th April 2011, 08:11 PM
Let's just be thankful we're getting to see a major golf tournament live on FTA TV.

My tip is that the green jacket will be worn by a first time major winner from outside the US. 8)

sms316
5th April 2011, 08:47 PM
Let's just be thankful we're getting to see a major golf tournament live on FTA TV.

Why?

Courty
5th April 2011, 08:50 PM
Why?

Because not all of us have pay TV.

sms316
5th April 2011, 08:53 PM
Because not all of us have pay TV.

The rest of you can get stuffed.

Too many ads (CBS are on contract for a certain time per hour for ads and OneHD should have to abide by it), and too much dribble from OneHD commentators crapping on about the Australians who are lucky to make the cut.

Courty
5th April 2011, 08:55 PM
Too many ads (CBS are on contract for a certain time per hour for ads and OneHD should have to abide by it), and too much dribble from OneHD commentators crapping on about the Australians who are lucky to make the cut.

I don't disagree, but it's the only option I have.

MegaWatty
6th April 2011, 02:01 PM
The press conferences are up on www.masters.com

Great website and great interviews. For some strange reason, I was inclined to click on Gary Plaryer's interview first. That man is amazing.

Jarro
6th April 2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks MW :)

I must listen to Tigers interview to find out how he intends winning this event this year ;)

MegaWatty
6th April 2011, 02:08 PM
Gary Player takes 5 minutes on slowing the ball down for Pro's only. He is so right. Especially with how they are lengthening courses and killing the average member who just decides to leave the game instead. Genius!

rubin
6th April 2011, 02:09 PM
Groups are out as well.

Allenby is Paired with Tiger and Graeme McDowell
Ogilvy is paired with Phil Mickelson and some Amateur Champ.

The group i'd like to see is Adam Scott, with Dustin Johnson and Nick Watney. All 3 of those boys absolutely pound the ball.

A good grouping for Allenby as well. I would imagine if he's a couple ahead of Tiger at the turn it wouldnt do the confidence any harm at all, regardless of how good or bad he's been playing recently.

Dcanto
6th April 2011, 02:17 PM
Another group that should be good to watch is the young-guns - Jason Day, Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroy

rubin
6th April 2011, 02:25 PM
Another group that should be good to watch is the young-guns - Jason Day, Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroy

That would be another good one. From what i've been reading, they're picking McIlroy to go low this weekend.

MegaWatty
6th April 2011, 02:48 PM
"Poulter's always right". Tiger Woods 2011 when questioned on his thoughts about Ian Poulter suggesting he won't finish Top 5.

:) :) :)

BayBum
6th April 2011, 03:04 PM
The weakest field of all 4 majors.Watching 80 year olds rack up 2 rounds in the 90's.Lets get it on !!! lol

TBH,im not even a fan of the layour of the course itself,something weird about it but i cant help but get so ****ing excited when the masters comes on !

Press conference vids are up too,something i always look forward to.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/interviews/index.html

Edit-thnx Mega...

BayBum
6th April 2011, 03:20 PM

Amen !!! (corner)

BayBum
6th April 2011, 03:23 PM
I just read oneHD only has coverage for 3 hours per round ? I know 'the masters' are uptight wankers but even back home on sky we would get round 3 & 4 for atleast 6 hours.Anyone know what gives there ?

MegaWatty
6th April 2011, 04:16 PM
My guide's telling me 4.5 hours.

razaar
6th April 2011, 11:38 PM
My tip is that the green jacket will be worn by a first time major winner from outside the US. 8)

I am a fan of Gregory Havret's golf swing. If a first timer were to win this year, he would be my pick.:)
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/masters11/news/story?id=6289311

Eag's
7th April 2011, 12:23 AM
One HD have the following coverage.
Thur (here in Oz) Par 3 Tournament 5am-7am
Fri day 1 5:00am-9:30am
Sat 5:00am-9:30am
Sun 5:30am-9:00am
Mon 4am-9:00am

Jarro
7th April 2011, 12:32 AM
Looks like i'm not gonna get much sleep this week :(

Golfnut
7th April 2011, 12:39 AM
One HD have the following coverage.
Thur (here in Oz) Par 3 Tournament 5am-7am
Fri day 1 5:00am-9:30am
Sat 5:00am-9:30am
Sun 5:30am-9:00am
Mon 4am-9:00am

Shite for us WAnkers.

MegaWatty
7th April 2011, 12:54 AM
Fox will have it at 9:30 in the morning and 5:30 in the arvo as well nut.

Surely your Elgato will record it, and by now you've downloaded the EyeTV app and can watch it on the mower over 3G. No?

Golfnut
7th April 2011, 01:01 AM
You mean people actually pay for apps?

MegaWatty
7th April 2011, 01:16 AM
You telling me you don't have Angry Birds?

Golfnut
7th April 2011, 01:20 AM
Com'on Mega, it's me.......$1.19.....please!

Although I did pay $37 for Golfshot and it's brilliant.

MegaWatty
7th April 2011, 01:24 AM
Back to Augusta.

Nuffie
7th April 2011, 03:35 PM
Endless shots of flowers with the most annoying music they could possibly find since a David Jones christmas album.

:smt082 I had to explain to my manager why I spewed my up and go all over my keyboard this morning, from laughing so much, thanks Virge... but you raise so many memories by that statement:

It's really about time they change that piano tune, huh? They have been flogging that tune for so long, at least since when I was watching the US Masters on channel 9 in the '90s and going to high school.

But what made it 1000 times worse listening to, was that tune made me always think I was watching a funeral or something with all the flower's n' stuff (or maybe Greg Norman was about to have his funeral):

BECAUSE everytime I was glued to this for hrs so intently and always got up at sparrowfart for the last round to watch the shark, he would lose it right at the very end and get done. SOOO many times.... it got more and more painful every year and that stupid damn song, I just wanted to throw something at the television... That year he eagled that par 5, and lost it from there I almost cried.

Everytime I went to school after the round (late for first period), all my 'soccer' friends and teacher couldn't never understand why I was so pi$$ed off by Greg Norman. Nobody in a school at Bonnyrigg would ever understand...

I'm really hoping an Aussie can break this drought soon as even my shoulders will feel lighter, but I'm not sure if it will happen this year either.

Phil is going to be a tough man to beat and he knows the course so well, being a 3 time winner and all wins quite recent. He struck form last week with that warm-up win, and wasn't playing particularly well coming into that tournament. I think he's come good at the right time and this is an ominous sign...

Still would love to see Allenby, Ogilvy, Scott or Badds knock him off. How good would this be :D? There's always woods but who knows what he's gonna do, he'll either win it or fail to make the cut (one or the other).

I spose we can never say never to a chance of an Aussie breaking through. There has to be a first time for the skippi's but like always, I think we have history stacked against us :roll:.

Whoever can overcome that mental mountain and brush it aside, will eventually be the first Australian winner. Those guys I mentioned have the games to do it, but the main obstacle for them is the mental aspect IMO.

razaar
7th April 2011, 04:24 PM
For Nuffie with the words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7NcWtbaz-g&feature=related

BayBum
7th April 2011, 04:34 PM
Mickelson is doing the ole 2 driver trick again this week:roll: Although it worked for him before,its still lame lol.

dan
7th April 2011, 07:52 PM
Anyone know if the par 3 comp is going to be repeated on ONE? They did it last year but I can't see it listed in the guide.

MegaWatty
7th April 2011, 08:01 PM
I might be able to throw it in my Dropbox later. ;)

sms316
7th April 2011, 08:31 PM
I am a fan of Gregory Havret's golf swing. If a first timer were to win this year, he would be my pick.:)
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/masters11/news/story?id=6289311

Not to mention he is a cheating ****

sms316
7th April 2011, 08:36 PM

Yep... much better than photos of some chilly pond with some houses that haven't changed for 400 years and won't change for 400 more. The British Open is played at venues that would be better suited to sheep grazing. Not to mention some gruff pommy prick saying cherio to Bill from Wankwood GC and wishing him a happy birthday for last Tuesday,

Masters shits all over the British Open.

razaar
7th April 2011, 11:17 PM
Not to mention he is a cheating ****
I must have missed that ......?

MegaWatty
7th April 2011, 11:47 PM
Hmmm an eagle on 1 for the Goose.

MegaWatty
7th April 2011, 11:52 PM
I'll be staying up to watch the feeds until about midnight I reckon.

Yossarian
8th April 2011, 12:01 AM
What feed are you using mega?

MegaWatty
8th April 2011, 12:04 AM
Nope. Looks like there is nothing around until early morning. Listening to The PGA Network and watching the leaderboard tick over instead. Not overly exciting, but I am a tragic!

Golfnut
8th April 2011, 12:05 AM
Nothing on Veetle?

MegaWatty
8th April 2011, 12:05 AM
Fisher now 3 deep through 9.

MegaWatty
8th April 2011, 12:06 AM
Nothing on Veetle?

Nope. Looks like the US gets similar hours of coverage to us. Maybe an hour earlier it seems.

Yossarian
8th April 2011, 12:09 AM
Ross Fisher? Solid player.

MegaWatty
8th April 2011, 12:12 AM
Quiet achiever.

Badds sitting 1 deep through 4.

MegaWatty
8th April 2011, 12:12 AM
http://2011.masters.com/en_US/scores/index.html

MegaWatty
8th April 2011, 12:22 AM
Hello Rory!

sms316
8th April 2011, 05:20 AM
I must have missed that ......?

Belly putter.

BayBum
8th April 2011, 12:08 PM
He's french,cut him some slack...

So Lefty didnt go with the 2 drivers & left the 3i in the bag.I wonder what his decision is based on,course conditions ? wind maybe ?

Man,what is up with Ricky Barnes ? Dude has been in the mix (in majors) ever since bethpage but yet his reg tour play is just so-so.He's weird.

Edit - Caught the end of the commentators talking about mickelson & he stuck with the 3i for the long par 3.Makes me feel normal for getting a hybrid for 1 hole back home:oops:

mike
8th April 2011, 01:01 PM
Yep... much better than photos of some chilly pond with some houses that haven't changed for 400 years and won't change for 400 more. The British Open is played at venues that would be better suited to sheep grazing. Not to mention some gruff pommy prick saying cherio to Bill from Wankwood GC and wishing him a happy birthday for last Tuesday,

Masters shits all over the British Open.
Absolutely.

Scottish links courses do nothing for me. The players always look cold and miserable. The spectators more so. And the commentators sound bored.

BayBum
8th April 2011, 01:21 PM
The masters is def the best on the eyes,beautiful setting,but its still the weakest field of all 4 majors which is sad & needs to change.Those old farts over there need to get with the times ! Black power !!! lol

kpac
8th April 2011, 01:33 PM
Oh. Well if mike & sms both like the masters best, there's as good a reason as any to prefer The Open!

;)

sms316
8th April 2011, 03:52 PM
The masters is def the best on the eyes,beautiful setting,but its still the weakest field of all 4 majors which is sad & needs to change.Those old farts over there need to get with the times ! Black power !!! lol

I'll bite. Anyone who is good enough can qualify for the Masters. Adding 50 players will make it a bigger field, not a better one. Who should be in the field if you don't mind my asking?

How many club professionals contend in the PGA Championship?

Nuffie
8th April 2011, 06:00 PM
For Nuffie with the words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7NcWtbaz-g&feature=related

Thanks for sending that my way, razaar :wink: I think you see the funny side...

But one day my intention is to actually 'like' that song and erase all those bad memories... with ones of the first Austrailian wining!

Question is... how long will we have to wait for that? Let's hope to God it's only 3 more days.

Dotty
8th April 2011, 07:24 PM
Nuffie, based on how long it took to wrest the America's Cup off the xenophobic New Yorkers ... 'about 132 years'.

mike
8th April 2011, 08:03 PM
I'll bite. Anyone who is good enough can qualify for the Masters. Adding 50 players will make it a bigger field, not a better one. Who should be in the field if you don't mind my asking?

Once again I agree.

wtf is going on here?

sms316
8th April 2011, 08:10 PM
Once again I agree.

wtf is going on here?
It appears that you've gained some intellect.

mike
8th April 2011, 08:11 PM
It'll pass.

PeteyD
8th April 2011, 08:37 PM
Not even worth biting on. the Masters is a wankfest, even the name is a wank. But it is Golf's wankfest and I look forward to it every year. If I was to to go to watch a tournament it would be this one.

MegaWatty
9th April 2011, 01:33 AM
Oh yeah! The iPad app doesn't check your IP address, so live video of Amen corner for me. :)

Eag's
9th April 2011, 08:08 AM
Great to see a few Aussies in with a chance to win this.
Day & Ogilvy played some top golf.

dan
9th April 2011, 09:46 AM
yep. bout time we had guys in contention. Hopefully they wont blow it in the 3rd round.

Moe Norman
9th April 2011, 10:12 AM
aussies usually wait till Sunday to blow it

Jarro
9th April 2011, 10:24 AM
So does that mean that Day will be playing with Rory on the weekend ?

Cool grouping that one :)

McMw
9th April 2011, 12:01 PM
it'll be intersting (fun) to see who chokes tonight!!!

MegaWatty
9th April 2011, 12:07 PM
Gees, Tiger stuffed some close today and finally made some putts. I heard commentary the other day saying that it'll be interesting to see how the one guys take on a charging Tiger as most of them have never experienced it before. It'll be great to see how the intimidation works on them. He is sitting in the position that he seems to like to attack from after round 2.

And how about old Boom Boom eh? That guy just loves that place. Perhaps its his cool nature that allows him to get around Augusta so easily. Great to watch.

mike
9th April 2011, 01:38 PM
I missed the lead up. Why did McDowell have to reload on 12? Lost ball?

Eag's
9th April 2011, 02:13 PM
How about Kucher at the 12th, his ball plugged in the face of the slope just in front of the bunker.
He couldn't identify his ball for certain so has to take a drop 65m out, very unlucky.

Jarro
9th April 2011, 02:35 PM
I missed the lead up. Why did McDowell have to reload on 12? Lost ball?

yep.

Nice triple bogey

BayBum
9th April 2011, 03:21 PM

Where did you get that info from ? There is no qualifying for the masters at all.As for who should play in it ?! i cant answer that but i do know who shouldnt be playing in it.This year isnt as bad as previous years because the masters peeps have asked the old buggers not to play if they dont feel like they can contend but guys like crenshaw,lyle,stadler,olazabal,o'meara,mize,woosna m played this year,all missed the cut & really are just there for the free dinner:roll: Nothing wrong with a free feed tho:razz:

BayBum
9th April 2011, 03:24 PM
yep.

Nice triple bogey

Almost as good as Stensons 8 on the par 3 4th:shock:.Quick track to 83 right there.

mike
9th April 2011, 03:39 PM
Where did you get that info from ? There is no qualifying for the masters at all.Yes there is.

2011 Masters Qualifications - Augusta National
1. Masters Tournament Champions
2. US Open Champions (Honorary, non-competing after five years)
3. British Open Champions (Honorary, non-competing after five years)
4. PGA Champions (Honorary, non-competing after five years)
5. Winners of The Players Championship (three years)
6. Current US Amateur Champion (6-A) (Honorary, non-competing after one year, Runner-up (6-B) to the current US Amateur Champion
7. Current British Amateur Champion (Honorary, non-competing after five years)
8. Current US Amateur Public Links Champion
9. Current US Mid-Amateur Champion
10. The first 16 players, including ties, in the previous year's US Masters
11. The first 8 players, including ties, in the previous year's US Open
12. The First 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's PGA Championship
13. The first 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's British Open
14. The 40 leaders on the Final Official PGA Tour Money List for the previous calendar year
15. The 10 leaders on the current year Official PGA Tour Money list published during the week prior to the current Masters
16. The 50 leaders on the Final Official World Golf Ranking for the previous calendar year.
17. The 50 leaders on the Official World Golf Ranking published during the week prior to the current Masters.As SMS said, if you're good enough you get a start.

BayBum
9th April 2011, 03:51 PM
Ahhh i took the word 'qualifying' literally say as you would have qualifying rounds for the open championship.

BrettM
9th April 2011, 03:58 PM
Good to see Tiger playing well again, but he still isn't there both form wise and between the ears.

He'll shoot 74 tomorrow.

razaar
9th April 2011, 05:07 PM
Good to see Tiger playing well again, but he still isn't there both form wise and between the ears.

He'll shoot 74 tomorrow.
He will be OK if Williams can keep the driver out of his hands on the tight driving holes. Having him in contention adds another dimension to the fun of watching it for me. He does pull off shots that most of the others (except crazy Phil) wouldn't attempt. Jason Day was lucky with the ball that hit the tree behind the green on 15. Lets hope he has lots more and can finish this thing off.

razaar
9th April 2011, 05:08 PM
Big effort by Els and Overton to make the cut.

BroKar
9th April 2011, 05:17 PM
Tiger looked very good to me, seemed focused and only got visibly annoyed a couple of times which is great compared to recent times, would love to see McIlroy or Day win the event, they both have awesome careers in front of them but how good would a win be for either of these 2, the confidence it would bring would change there game dramatically.

MegaWatty
9th April 2011, 05:34 PM
Ogilvy's 4 jack on 2. OUCH!

PeteyD
9th April 2011, 05:59 PM
Ogilvy had a 4 putt on 2. He has a habit of winning when in contention, along with the Tigger. I have some money on Day at $141-1, go Jason!!

MegaWatty
9th April 2011, 08:52 PM
They are showing Jason Day with a Kiwi flag on the coverage. Bad. Very bad.

razaar
9th April 2011, 09:02 PM
Does he have Kiwi in his lineage?

TheTrueReview
9th April 2011, 10:19 PM
He will be OK if Williams can keep the driver out of his hands on the tight driving holes. ....

Agreed. If he keeps spraying it off the tee, the course will eventually bite him.

Johnny Canuck
9th April 2011, 11:07 PM

Payback for the theft of Russell Crowe.

Courty
10th April 2011, 05:26 AM

:lol:

Jarro
10th April 2011, 05:44 AM
Day and Scott are going ok 8)

Ferrins
10th April 2011, 05:51 AM
I hope Jason Day doesn't fall off his bicycle. Sh*t back to that rare thing, live action of actual golf.

Courty
10th April 2011, 05:57 AM
Go Jason!

CanuckDownUnder
10th April 2011, 06:22 AM
and in the tradition of the masters....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/tahiti13/199.jpg

Ferrins
10th April 2011, 06:27 AM
You've got balls, I like balls.

BrettM
10th April 2011, 06:38 AM
He'll shoot 74 tomorrow.

+1 after 9.

mike
10th April 2011, 07:52 AM
Luke Donald got dressed in the dark.

Courty
10th April 2011, 08:16 AM
Luke Donald got dressed in the dark.

Yeah, he looks like a watermelon. :lol:

PeteyD
10th April 2011, 08:31 AM
Looks like something County would wear.

McMw
10th April 2011, 10:25 AM
I was hoping that Day would be leading after R3, coz I could see the Headlines in Aus come Monday!!!
1) What a Great Day, or (more likely)
2) What A Day To Choke...

simmsy
10th April 2011, 10:58 AM
so do the people see Rory holding on? lot of pressure on the young fella. if Day or Scott can't get the job done then Rory would be my next pick. Anyone but tigger.

kpac
10th April 2011, 11:02 AM
He'll still need to got under par to win it imo. The final day gives plenty of opportunity pins on the back nine typically. Scott and Day will be in the hunt if they're -2 by the turn. But there's a few other likely movers about! Choi and Cabrerra come to mind - they both do very well at augusta, so if the pressure gets the the young guys, i can see these 2 fighting it out. Should be good!

goughy
10th April 2011, 11:17 AM
Rory seems to handle the pressure well though.

AlexMc
10th April 2011, 11:51 AM
Was really impressed with how Rory played today. Nothing too flashy but was really solid and consistent. Did what he needed to do. 3 bogies in 54 holes around Augusta is impressive. Great putt on 17 to pull 4 in front.

Jason seemed out of sorts out the back. The bogey on 13 was really poor - ball seemed to be sitting up OK and I appreciate he had next to no green to play with, but did it look like he had a really high lofted wedge that he played from the back of his stance? I guess it was a bit of a hangover from a sensational round yesterday. Not being in the final group tomorrow might actually be a good thing for him.

Alan Shipnuck on Twitter suggested this morning that Tiger is looking almost yippish in his putting. It was awful today.

Rory 4 in front will win. Noted good finisher (Quail Hollow last year), not as bad a putter as people seem to think.

McMw
10th April 2011, 12:10 PM
Day's score only looked poor considering the other scores being posted, but 72 is pretty darn good!!!
Ogilvy is one tat's dissapointing...

henno
10th April 2011, 12:17 PM

They can have him back.

Marto65
10th April 2011, 12:35 PM
Not so fast Henno ... what's Russell's handicap?

Jarro
10th April 2011, 12:41 PM
Not so fast Henno ... what's Russell's handicap?

His personality

Eag's
10th April 2011, 12:46 PM
It would be great to see either Rory or Day win tomorrow, but Sun at Augusta is a very different animal.

Jarro
10th April 2011, 12:50 PM
I agree Eag's ... it would be fantastic to see one of the young brigade get to wear the green jacket tomorrow.

Rory really has it in the bag if he can hold onto his focus ..... his swing is as pure as it gets at the moment 8)

razaar
10th April 2011, 12:55 PM
I agree Eag's ... it would be fantastic to see one of the young brigade get to wear the green jacket tomorrow.

Irish stew or steak and guinness pies for the 2012 Masters Champs dinner.:)

mike
10th April 2011, 12:57 PM
Rory really has it in the bag if he can hold onto his focus ..... his swing is as pure as it gets at the moment 8)Yeah I noticed that. Superb rhythm and balance. And longer off the tee than I thought he was.

I think he'll hold the lead with ease. He looks so composed. Would love to see Day win it though.

Scott is a completely different player with the broomy. Seems to be putting a million times better than the old Scott.

MegaWatty
10th April 2011, 01:17 PM
Rory has such a mature head on him. I watched his post round 2 interview and was blown away with how he speaks and presents himself.

Of note was the mention of how he won't chase pins if he's not confident. He'll put the ball to the safe part of the green and settle for a 2 putt par.

I think you can wrap this one up, grab a jacket off the rack and start modifying the sleeves.

BrettM
10th April 2011, 01:22 PM
Angel Cabrera will put a bit of heat on Rory. He's the only real threat I think. You don't win a US Open at Oakmont by luck.

MegaWatty
10th April 2011, 02:23 PM
He'll shoot 74 tomorrow.

Impressive!

markTHEblake
10th April 2011, 04:07 PM
KJ Choi has it in him, mate of mine knows him and reckons he one of the most mentally strong golfers he has ever played with.

virge666
10th April 2011, 04:15 PM
Lads.

It aint over by any means - this is the new Augusta - they are letting the players go low on Sunday.

The back nine will be there for the taking.

razaar
10th April 2011, 05:12 PM
That shot of Tigers under the tree branch off the pine needles on 17 was impressive. Putting was his downfall today. I can't see his reasoning for using the mallet when all his wins have been with an anser style putter. Maybe it was a condition of the divorce settlement.;)

PeteyD
10th April 2011, 05:15 PM
Yep. The rough seems to be gone, looks like the excitement of eagles on the back nine is back on the cards. Go Ozzies.

MegaWatty
10th April 2011, 05:47 PM
That shot of Tigers under the tree branch off the pine needles on 17 was impressive. Putting was his downfall today. I can't see his reasoning for using the mallet when all his wins have been with an anser style putter. Maybe it was a condition of the divorce settlement.;)

He's back and forward between the two putters which is frustrating to see. What will he use once Nike buys SC like you suggested elsewhere?

Iain
10th April 2011, 06:27 PM
I believe the heel shafted Nike is better for his stroke now.

BrettM
10th April 2011, 07:26 PM
Impressive!

Tiger's not there between the ears, and never will be the same again IMO. He would be thinking that all those people in the gallery are seeing right through him, which they are. In a record sense it is a real shame with what he did as I don't think he will ever reach and surpass the Nicklaus 18 now.

And for his final round, a 69 with a couple of late birdies.

Sydney Hacker
11th April 2011, 05:38 AM
This is going to make for some good viewing, looks like I will be working from home this morning !

Jarro
11th April 2011, 05:46 AM
Nice start from Woods :shock:

Tapa-mafia member

BrisVegas
11th April 2011, 05:51 AM
Rory looks lie he's in shock right now. KJ or Tiger from here.

Eag's
11th April 2011, 05:52 AM
Starts 8 behind now tied for the lead.
Rory off to a rough start has made things tight at the top, the back nine should be awesome viewing :)

Sydney Hacker
11th April 2011, 05:56 AM
Woods is a hacker, he will never amount to anything :)

Iain
11th April 2011, 05:59 AM
Here comes Tiger....

fredstar
11th April 2011, 06:03 AM
Vintage TW right now. He's done this before only to finish 1 back. Hope not today.

Jarro
11th April 2011, 06:04 AM
God I hope he doesn't win

Tapa-mafia member

Courty
11th April 2011, 06:05 AM
God I hope he doesn't win

Tapa-mafia member

+1

PeteyD
11th April 2011, 06:30 AM
How good is it to see that congested leaderboard going into the back nine. Awesome stuff, 10 in contention at least. Hope rory can come home strong. Angel looks dangerous too, he has one of these jackets does he not?

Jarro
11th April 2011, 06:35 AM
How good is it to see that congested leaderboard going into the back nine. Awesome stuff, 10 in contention at least. Hope rory can come home strong. Angel looks dangerous too, he has one of these jackets does he not?

Looks like an awesome finish.
Buggered if I can pick the winner from that leaderboard.

Tapa-mafia member

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 07:00 AM
Some decent stuttering at the top starting. Hang in there Aussies. Cabrera looks very relaxed.

BrisVegas
11th April 2011, 07:02 AM
could Adam Scott win this with his broomstick???

Eag's
Scott now tied for the lead and Rory could rack up a number on the 10th by the looks.

simmsy
Rory's feeling it now.

Massive putt by Scott on 11

PeteyD
11th April 2011, 07:07 AM
Scott is looking the goods. We will see what Rory is made of after that mess on 10.

Tiger on 15 ...

Longdrive Events Aust
11th April 2011, 07:08 AM
Tiger vs Scott play off???

goughy
11th April 2011, 07:15 AM
Tiger needs a scott in his hand, or a scotty at least. He needs to go back to the past - and play Ping clubs!

goughy
11th April 2011, 07:17 AM
This is what a major is spose to be about! The best going toe to toe!! Is this the best major final round in a long long time??

Longdrive Events Aust
11th April 2011, 07:19 AM
Agree, this has been the best since Tiger holed out on the 16th years ago

simmsy
11th April 2011, 07:23 AM
Angel looks solid.

goughy
11th April 2011, 07:27 AM
4 circled numbers in a row and Ogilvy is at -9!!. Day's equal! 7 different players have had a share of the lead today. Freakin awesome finish.

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 07:27 AM
Here comes Day!

Courty
11th April 2011, 07:28 AM
Here comes Ogilvy!

Eag's
11th April 2011, 07:29 AM
Wow!! three Aussies have a huge chance to win this.

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 07:29 AM
4 circled numbers in a row and Ogilvy is at -9!!.

Here comes another! What a tourney!!!!!!!!!!

simmsy
11th April 2011, 07:30 AM
How hot is Ogilvys run. Chance for 5 straight birdies.

PeteyD
11th April 2011, 07:30 AM
Ogilvy charging. Very reminiscent of Winged Foot where he was the only one to par in, except at Augusta it is birdies!

Jarro
11th April 2011, 07:34 AM
Rory's gone
Tigers run out of holes
An Aussie is a huge chance to win this now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Courty
11th April 2011, 07:35 AM
Rory is gooooooorn!

Day & Scott with kick-in birdie putts!

[I]Tapatalk > smoke signals[I]

BroKar
11th April 2011, 07:37 AM
this is awesome!!!

goughy
11th April 2011, 07:38 AM
This is freakin the best finish to any major since '86

Courty
11th April 2011, 07:38 AM
Woohoo!

mudrat
11th April 2011, 07:43 AM
Go Scott outright lead.

Tapatalk loves the motorboat.

PeteyD
11th April 2011, 07:46 AM
I have $$ on Ogilvy, Day and Swartzel, surely one of them can win it from here. Unless Scott does I will be a bit upset!

Courty
11th April 2011, 07:48 AM
Eeek!

Jarro
11th April 2011, 07:48 AM
Scott sprays his approach at 15 ...... nerves ???

Grunt
11th April 2011, 07:54 AM
Come on Aussies, keep the updates flowing guys. Out on the Tarmac running engines.

kpac
11th April 2011, 07:57 AM
i'm also at airport - need updates!

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 07:58 AM
They are both butchering the oft birdied and eagled 15th.

simmsy
11th April 2011, 08:00 AM
GO comes up short on 18. Needs to chip in to post -11

Jarro
11th April 2011, 08:01 AM
Tiger finishes at -10

Day and Scott are curently on that number..... and Scott has left himself a tricky putt for par on 15.
Ogilvy has to get up and down for par on 18 to stay at -10

Shadesy
11th April 2011, 08:02 AM
Clutch from the broomstick!!

Jarro
11th April 2011, 08:02 AM
Scott makes the par putt on 15 to stay at -11
Day makes his par putt to stayat -10
Ogilvy gets up and down for par

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 08:04 AM
Scott to tap in range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courty
Scott stiffs it on 16 to about a foot! Go Scotty!!!

Jarro
Scott nearly holes his tee shot on 16 .... tap in par for -12

Eag's
11th April 2011, 08:07 AM
Great shot by Scott on 16 to a foot.

kpac
11th April 2011, 08:07 AM
shut the front door... he bogeyed that yesterday. Go ADS!

Eag's
11th April 2011, 08:08 AM
Can this be the day we have all been waiting for????

AndyP
11th April 2011, 08:08 AM
Gotta love the amount of ads.

Tapatalk is never gonna give you up, Tapatalk is never gonna let you down.

kpac
11th April 2011, 08:10 AM
pun...

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 08:13 AM
Even two pars for Scott and he will be hard to beat. Catch even under pressure.

Courty
11th April 2011, 08:17 AM
Scott drove one into the trees. Schwartzel concerns me.

How awesome would it be to see a massive playoff?

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 08:19 AM
Tied for the lead with Scott in trouble off the tee.

BrisVegas
11th April 2011, 08:20 AM
Adam Scott, please don't do a 'Norman' here.

Tomson
11th April 2011, 08:21 AM
luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkk keeeeeeeeeeee

Tongueboy
11th April 2011, 08:21 AM
must be a Queensland thing? Scott just ****ed up the tee shot on 17. South African winner for mine. hope i am wrong

Courty
11th April 2011, 08:22 AM
Luke Donald just made a ridiculous birdie on 18 to finish at -10 as well!

jaybam
11th April 2011, 08:24 AM
I love having a boss that loves golf. Sitting upstairs at work watching the golf. This is the best Monday in ages. Go Aussies.

Tomson
I think its going to be a playoff... who's with me.

Shadesy
Ddddaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 08:25 AM
Day to -11!!!!!

timah!
Awesome putt by Day!

Tell the SethAfrican to bugger off!!!

AndyP
It's hard to see a playoff at 10 under now.

Tapatalk is never gonna give you up, Tapatalk is never gonna let you down.

Jarro
This is the best finish i have ever seen at the Masters !!!!

Day makes birdie to go to -11

BrisVegas
sweep it in there scotty.

Jarro
11th April 2011, 08:26 AM
I have to go take a dump but don't wanna miss any of this ;)

BrisVegas
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TheNuclearOne
Awesome clutch par putt for Scott!!!!!!

Courty
Woohoo! Great par save by Scott!

Tomson
he sure did... I think this could be scott

kpac
ADAM!!

jaybam
X2 tommo

timah!
Great putt again by Scott!

BrisVegas
11th April 2011, 08:27 AM
SOOO nice to see Adam making putts under pressure.

sms316
11th April 2011, 08:28 AM
SOOO nice to see Adam making putts under pressure.
Shame it isn't really putting.

Long putter = cheat. This could be the equivilent of Murali holding the test wicket record.

If Scott wins it should forever have an asterisk next to his name.

Tomson
11th April 2011, 08:30 AM
piss off sms you soup nazi you.

TheNuclearOne
11th April 2011, 08:32 AM
Loads of pressure from the co leader finishing big.

timah!
11th April 2011, 08:33 AM
I'm really not liking Schwartzel.

Courty
11th April 2011, 08:34 AM
Schwartzel takes the lead! Noooo!

Tomson
11th April 2011, 08:34 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

timah!
11th April 2011, 08:35 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Eag's
11th April 2011, 08:36 AM
Scott needs that broomstick to fire up now, 20 footer left for birdie on 18 :smt087

timah!
11th April 2011, 08:36 AM
We need to channel bad ju-ju thoughts toward Schwartzel.

Tongueboy
11th April 2011, 08:37 AM
Charl is the man. there will be no playoff required

Courty
11th April 2011, 08:37 AM
I'm sticking pins in a Schwartzel doll!

Daves
11th April 2011, 08:38 AM
Irrespective of the result here, the Aussies are back big time! How good is this year and the President's
Cup looking now!

timah!
11th April 2011, 08:38 AM
C'mon Adam! One more putt!

I supergoaled Tapatalk.