virge666
30th March 2011, 10:56 AM
Boo yah

Hamo84
30th March 2011, 11:01 AM
One of my favourite swings on tour.

BrentonJ
30th March 2011, 12:11 PM
I like the kid, I also think he has what it takes i really wanted to see him win at St Andrews last year!

Beno
30th March 2011, 12:12 PM
Yeh
If we somehow had an option with our golf games to "insert tour pro's swing here" he would definately be in my top 3

henno
30th March 2011, 12:24 PM
He's no Rickie Fowler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxIIJxj3HI

There's shades of hennocopter in that swing. :-D

BrentonJ
30th March 2011, 12:37 PM
That is such an easy golf swing so un complicated frigging amazing!

Eldrick
30th March 2011, 12:44 PM
no love here. his face screams punch me
but the swings pretty good

Hamo84
30th March 2011, 12:44 PM
how flat is Fowlers backswing!! Wonder how flat that is compared with Matt Kuchar?

Daves
30th March 2011, 12:59 PM
how flat is Fowlers backswing!! Wonder how flat that is compared with Matt Kuchar?

Ricky has a very Martinez type takeaway with the hands inside and straight back, and then a late cocking of the wrists towards the top of the back swing.

Rory is just so aggressive!, look at that squat he gets into at impact.

TourFit
30th March 2011, 03:45 PM
Rory has that bouncy, springy, "legs on backwards" type of walk....same as Nuffie!

MegaWatty
30th March 2011, 04:43 PM
He's no Rickie Fowler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxIIJxj3HI

There's shades of hennocopter in that swing. :-D

**** that's flat! I reckon you're steeper than that Henno! Just goes to show that all swings can make good golfers.

I love that both Fowler and Rors have a bit of character about them. Show those old pricks that it's about having a bit of fun!

BrentonJ
30th March 2011, 05:10 PM
**** that's flat! I reckon you're steeper than that Henno! Just goes to show that all swings can make good golfers.

I love that both Fowler and Rors have a bit of character about them. Show those old pricks that it's about having a bit of fun!

Until Rickie hit it out of bounds on Sunday :( he has a fair bit of talent skooled ol Philly at the match play

Jarro
30th March 2011, 05:30 PM
Rory's swing is just pure as ... plenty of power there too :)

razaar
30th March 2011, 05:38 PM
Sergio was like that once too, MW. Tournament golf is hard on the nervous system over the long haul and must get harder when there is a family to support. The 'old pricks' on the Champions Tour seem to be having fun.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
1st April 2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLGvuoPdU8w&feature=related

i like this one a bit better, but my fave swing is bubba's,

razaar
1st April 2011, 11:14 AM
I prefer Mark Wilson's golf swing to Rory's. Can't see longivity there.

BrentonJ
1st April 2011, 04:50 PM
I like this one by Rickie

http://yfrog.com/n03ickz

What a loonie :P

Daves
1st September 2011, 09:29 PM
Rory and Wozniacki are an item;

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/euro/story/2011-08-31/McIlroy-with-Wozniacki-aims-to-be-world-No-1/50202754/1

oncewasagolfer
1st September 2011, 09:36 PM
Punching a bit above his weight there way to go Rory!

timah!
1st September 2011, 09:36 PM
Lucky prick!

PeteyD
1st September 2011, 09:41 PM
I heard you could get it on tour, even with a face like a chewed mintie.

sms316
1st September 2011, 09:44 PM

This could get a post of the year nomination.

Yossarian
1st September 2011, 09:45 PM
Who is Mark Wilson?

Eldrick
1st September 2011, 09:52 PM
i would like to submit exhibit A your Honour

http://photos.leblogvideo.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/caroline-wozniacki-plage.jpg

sms316
1st September 2011, 09:56 PM
Damoocow reckons she is a pig.

Tongueboy
1st September 2011, 10:04 PM
Damoocow reckons she is a pig.

must be Jack Reed's sister

JADO75
1st September 2011, 10:06 PM
i would use her poo as toothpaste!

sms316
1st September 2011, 10:08 PM
i would use her poo as toothpaste!

If she crapped in the bed, I'd roll in it.

AndyP
1st September 2011, 10:13 PM
She's not that good.

TheTrueReview
1st September 2011, 10:14 PM
Rory and Wozniacki are an item;

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/euro/story/2011-08-31/McIlroy-with-Wozniacki-aims-to-be-world-No-1/50202754/1

"After spending two "great" weeks together in the United States, McIlroy believes he and the 21-year-old from Denmark can be good for each other's careers."

Is that what they call it these days. It used to be known as spending two weeks on the job. :razz:

oncewasagolfer
1st September 2011, 10:28 PM
She's not that good.
Bit of a hard man to please. She is a stunner compared to what I see day in day out.

rodders
1st September 2011, 10:28 PM
Didn't Adam Scott's career go to the shitter after hooking up with a tennis player and turn to gold after he dumped her?

Be very careful Rory!

oncewasagolfer
1st September 2011, 10:30 PM
Didn't Adam Scott's career go to the shitter after hooking up with a tennis player and turn to gold after he dumped her?

Be very careful Rory!
I heard that they are back together. Time will tell. She's better than rory's new missus imho.

Eldrick
1st September 2011, 10:33 PM
that pic is pretty flattering
trawled through some ordinary ones to find it

Flavzz
2nd September 2011, 08:47 AM
Go Rors. She's better than tigers 50 mistresses put together.

AndyP
2nd September 2011, 08:51 AM
Bit of a hard man to please. She is a stunner compared to what I see day in day out.
There are plenty around that are better if we are going to go ga-ga over celebrities.

virge666
2nd September 2011, 09:00 AM
There are plenty around that are better if we are going to go ga-ga over celebrities.

Yes - but not as tall, and not as Danish.

I am with SMS . . . her and Daniela Hantuchova would be on my Starlight foundation make a wish list !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RqkZ-3TwUoA/TNKu7tPqU7I/AAAAAAAAFKQ/GUJjoic6wQM/s1600/09_daniela-hantuchova_01.jpg

markTHEblake
2nd September 2011, 09:58 AM

But what you see day in day out cooks your dinner and washes your dirty undies. As if the stunner would do that for you :-)

BroKar
2nd September 2011, 11:17 AM
form this thread we have come to the conclusion that sexy women dont know how to cook or use a washing machine?

Captain Nemo
2nd September 2011, 11:32 AM
Did someone say "Rory"
These are pics of my mates Rory copy!!!!

markTHEblake
2nd September 2011, 11:37 AM
form this thread we have come to the conclusion that sexy women dont know how to cook or use a washing machine?

Funny you should mention that, cos when I got married my missus didnt know how to cook nor use a washing machine.

Haystacks
2nd September 2011, 11:59 AM
Funny you should mention that, cos when I got married my missus didnt know how to cook nor use a washing machine.

...and you probably considered her a stunner

dean0820
2nd September 2011, 12:57 PM
Hantuchova = yes.
Wozniaki = no.

oncewasagolfer
2nd September 2011, 08:13 PM
But what you see day in day out cooks your dinner and washes your dirty undies. As if the stunner would do that for you :-)
I meant around town I don't have a missus still on the lookout though;)

sms316
15th March 2013, 02:09 PM
I know that Rory has had a poor month or two, but how do you see this comment now Ray?

:lol:

razaar
15th March 2013, 02:46 PM
No change mate. I can relate to Wilson's golf swing and see it lasting longer than the mop head's. Only time will tell I guess.

mrbluu
15th March 2013, 10:00 PM
I don't get where u are coming from razaar, u pick a career plodder over the curre t world no.1 and 2 time major winner.....

oncewasagolfer
15th March 2013, 10:03 PM
I get where u are coming from razaar, u pick a career plodder over the curre t world no.1 and 2 time major winner.....
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe just admit you were wrong and move on would be the way to go.

Johnny Canuck
15th March 2013, 10:21 PM
No change mate. I can relate to Wilson's golf swing and see it lasting longer than the mop head's. Only time will tell I guess. If Rory retired now, he'll have accomplished more than Wilson will.

Ashes
15th March 2013, 11:06 PM
It's like saying you'd rather watch a technique freak with a batting average of 30, than someone that averages 50 and is a little unorthodox. Weird.

razaar
16th March 2013, 03:37 AM
If Rory retired now, he'll have accomplished more than Wilson will.
He very well may and more than likely will. But the issue is about the longevity of their swings. Will Wilson have the same swing into his late 30's+ compared to Rory at a similar age? I'm betting on Wilson.

razaar
16th March 2013, 03:41 AM
Shaun, it seems you missed Cam by a week. He lines up at home against Kilcoy at Wanny on Sunday.:)

sms316
16th March 2013, 04:55 AM
Shaun, it seems you missed Cam by a week. He lines up at home against Kilcoy at Wanny on Sunday.:) Excellent. I think I got a big enough flogging last week as it was.

mrbluu
16th March 2013, 08:10 AM
He very well may and more than likely will. But the issue is about the longevity of their swings. Will Wilson have the same swing into his late 30's+ compared to Rory at a similar age? I'm betting on Wilson.

your making less sense, what's the point in having "longevity" in a golf swing that is only good for the occasional win.

golf swings evolve as a person ages. you don't expect someone to swing it exactly the same in their teens as they do in their 20's, 30's etc.....

razaar
16th March 2013, 09:28 AM
It is about the wear and tear on the human machinery. Usually around the 35 year mark when a player loses some of the athleticism of their youth. It is more common with athletic swings like Rory. Nicklaus and Tiger are two such players who had to reconstruct their golf swings to stay competitive in their late 30's. Again, time will tell.

Ashes
16th March 2013, 10:11 AM
It is about the wear and tear on the human machinery. Usually around the 35 year mark when a player loses some of the athleticism of their youth. It is more common with athletic swings like Rory. Nicklaus and Tiger are two such players who had to reconstruct their golf swings to stay competitive in their late 30's. Again, time will tell.

Would you rather grind out a full career, playing through your 40's, and not win a major or reach the pinnacle of your sport? Or would you rather take a bunch of majors but burn out early?

meh
16th March 2013, 11:10 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe just admit you were wrong and move on would be the way to go.

Can't see that happening, ever.

sms316
16th March 2013, 07:20 PM
Would you rather grind out a full career, playing through your 40's, and not win a major or reach the pinnacle of your sport? Or would you rather take a bunch of majors but burn out early? I know that David Duval only won a single major, but I'd take his career over a Mark Wilson any day.

sol381
29th March 2013, 08:16 AM
Was just looking at some of rorys stats.. these are for this year....very strange.. driving distance #1 ,,accuracy 170th..needs to tweak the covert a bit...approach shots from 50-125yds ranked about 150th,, short irons just arent working. BUT from 150-200yds hes 1st..putts made from 5-15ft 1st .. inside or outside that, terrible...Maybe the stats vary this much for a lot of players, i dont know, but theres a huge disparity between his best shots and worst. seems like hes really missing his vokey wedges and scotty putter.

oncewasagolfer
29th March 2013, 08:21 AM
Like the commentators said he just needs more tournament play.

sol381
29th March 2013, 08:44 AM
No doubt.. must still be a fair amount of cobwebs he is shaking out. Just like anyone who takes any break from golf, the short game, where there is a lot of feel, is the hardest to get back. Few more tournaments and hopefully cuts made and he may be fine for the british open.

razaar
29th March 2013, 11:17 AM
Was just looking at some of rorys stats.. these are for this year....very strange.. driving distance #1 ,,accuracy 170th..needs to tweak the covert a bit...approach shots from 50-125yds ranked about 150th,, short irons just arent working. BUT from 150-200yds hes 1st..putts made from 5-15ft 1st .. inside or outside that, terrible...Maybe the stats vary this much for a lot of players, i dont know, but theres a huge disparity between his best shots and worst. seems like hes really missing his vokey wedges and scotty putter.
I agree Sol. The only variation in his game is his equipment. I don't care who or how good a player is, if they change something then there is an adjustment period.

fireblade
29th March 2013, 11:54 AM

agreed...if he keeps swinging the way he does he will be more crippled than Jack and Arnie put together...and they struggle to get out of a chair.
his impact just says "ouch" everything is out of kilter.

razaar
29th March 2013, 01:49 PM
agreed...if he keeps swinging the way he does he will be more crippled than Jack and Arnie put together...and they struggle to get out of a chair.
his impact just says "ouch" everything is out of kilter.
Actually his swing is very sound with great resistance on both sides of the ball. Swinging back against resistance and swinging forward against resistance is the key to an efficient swing. It is also the key to great power and Rory has that in spades for a little guy. It is not that much different to Tiger's swing at a similar age. Tiger found that he couldn't swing as a 20 yo into his mid thirties. He would have wanted to but the weakest link in his swing chain, the left knee couldn't cope. A weak link, usually a joint that bears the work load of an adjoining joint (that is not functioning as it should for whatever reason) will show up usually by the mid thirties with golfers.

matty
29th March 2013, 02:04 PM
Like the commentators said he just needs more tournament play.

Ad to stop being so matey with Tiger.

Waddzy
7th April 2013, 09:04 PM
Finding some form just a week out from masters ? Could make for interesting watching!

oncewasagolfer
8th April 2013, 07:05 AM
In the hunt with a couple to play....

Waddzy
8th April 2013, 07:27 AM
Laird should wrap this up.. that many 1 putts hard to beat..

sms316
8th April 2013, 07:32 AM
Laird should wrap this up.. that many 1 putts hard to beat.. Is Laird still using a cheat stick?

popper81
8th April 2013, 07:39 AM
Is Laird still using a cheat stick?

Yep, it is pretty to watch.

Captain Nemo
8th April 2013, 07:53 AM
If I was on Betfair, Id lay Rory for a bunch.
Cant win at Augusta this year, course has him beat b4 he steps on the 1st...

Jarro
8th April 2013, 07:58 AM
Nice warmup for The Masters though.

He would've won if Laird didn't play the round of his life.

Captain Nemo
8th April 2013, 08:25 AM
Nice warmup for The Masters though.

He would've won if Laird didn't play the round of his life.
Would have, should have, could have.
Every guy who's runner up probably say's this....not good enough imo.

timah!
8th April 2013, 08:29 AM
Meh, Rory's finally done what he has needed to for a while - played consecutive weekends. And has finished 'reasonably' well in both. Good match practice was always going to do him well and he's got it happening at the right time.

popper81
8th April 2013, 08:33 AM
If I was on Betfair, Id lay Rory for a bunch.
Cant win at Augusta this year, course has him beat b4 he steps on the 1st...

Why?

Captain Nemo
8th April 2013, 08:48 AM
Why?
His self destruction a few years ago, got him ****ed in the head.
Happy to have a bottle of whatever you drink on it Poppy...;)

razaar
8th April 2013, 08:52 AM
Rory really does make it look easy. He is a talent. There are not many guys could hit the 18th in two shots and with an iron. His game is suited to Augusta, more so than links golf. Which is odd since he learn't his golf on the links. The modern golf ball would have helped him in that respect.
Norman's game was suited to both. He could hit the long irons high and extremely low. It was only kismet that prevented him winning the Masters.

Goldy
8th April 2013, 09:03 AM
The frog from the Muppets?

razaar
8th April 2013, 09:59 AM
Fate, destiny. Kermit is the frog in the Muppets.

oncewasagolfer
8th April 2013, 10:16 AM
Played very well today and I wouldn't write him off for the masters.

Mububban
8th April 2013, 10:23 AM
Great to see Rory close with a 66, don't want him just making up the numbers at Augusta. I want to see Tiger win but be given a real run for his money.

Goldy
8th April 2013, 10:44 AM
Fate, destiny. Kermit is the frog in the Muppets.

Gotcha ;)

razaar
8th April 2013, 12:35 PM
Gotcha ;)
I only know the difference because the in laws played kismet day and night whenever we visited. Pop and me played golf.;)

IanO
8th April 2013, 03:20 PM
Would have, should have, could have.
Every guy who's runner up probably say's this....not good enough imo.

Exactly! Just like those dills saying that Tiger only won because others had made mistakes. If you don't produce on the day you don't win! That easy.

mrbluu
8th April 2013, 03:35 PM
Rory is hot and cold, but I think he is rounding into form. For he is second favorite behind TW for the masters.

markTHEblake
8th April 2013, 05:32 PM
His self destruction a few years ago, got him ****ed in the head He shrugged that monkey off his back 2 months later when he not only won, he broke several records on doing so. there really wasn't even a monkey there.

IanO
8th April 2013, 05:35 PM
He shrugged that monkey off his back 2 months later when he not only won, he broke several records on doing so. there really wasn't even a monkey there.

^^ Agree, I think he will go well in the Masters. It should be really interesting to see if Tiger and Rory in form spurs others on to play really well or the pressure causes them to fold.

Dude, Where's my Par?
9th April 2013, 03:37 PM
Rory is hot and cold, but I think he is rounding into form. For he is second favorite behind TW for the masters.
yeah but what is his ability like??
and where does that sit compared to his anchor?

timah!
9th April 2013, 04:49 PM
yeah but what is his ability like??
and where does that sit compared to his anchor?

And how does it compare to his form?

Daves
1st January 2014, 03:12 PM
Dropped the question and now engaged to Woza, apparently.

Ashes
1st January 2014, 04:20 PM
Dropped the question and now engaged to Woza, apparently.

Obviously sick of having sex with her.

Lagerlover
1st January 2014, 07:37 PM
Obviously sick of having sex with her. Brilliant.

Daves
1st January 2014, 08:29 PM
I had to laugh watching Nine news this evening. The young female news reader said something along the lines of "Wozniacki and MciLroy started the year off with a bang when she said yes". She then threw to the speechless male sports anchor, who had the biggest Cheshire grin across his face you have ever seen!:mrgreen:

Mububban
2nd January 2014, 12:05 PM
I had to laugh watching Nine news this evening. The young female news reader said something along the lines of "Wozniacki and MciLroy started the year off with a bang when she said yes". She then threw to the speechless male sports anchor, who had the biggest Cheshire grin across his face you have ever seen!:mrgreen:

Hahaha. I reckon he'll win ont he PGA Tour this year, his game is looking better and stability/happiness is a big thing. If he can sort out his contract lawyery type issues, he'll have a clear head and can get back to playing his best.

timah!
2nd January 2014, 12:09 PM
Fingers crossed he gets it together this year...

BUSHY
2nd January 2014, 12:25 PM
One down. One to go...

http://mobile.golfweek.com/news/2013/dec/30/nike-oakley-rory-mcilroy-dispute-court-ruling/?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/10377937/Rory-McIlroy-is-counter-sued-by-former-management-company-Horizon-as-court-case-begins.html

Unfortunately for Rory though if the above article is correct then it won't be seen in the high court until October this year...

timah!
19th January 2014, 09:48 PM
Rory starts with a 2nd in Abu Dhabi.
Yesterday's 2 stroke penalty is a bit of a bugger now.
Still he's one cut ahead of last year!

BUSHY
19th January 2014, 09:57 PM
Rory starts with a 2nd in Abu Dhabi.
Yesterday's 2 stroke penalty is a bit of a bugger now.
Still he's one cut ahead of last year!

Thanks, should this go in the spoilers thread?

timah!
19th January 2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks, should this go in the spoilers thread?

No, it should go in the Rory McIl - oh wait...

BUSHY
19th January 2014, 10:06 PM
I needed an early night anyway. ;)

Daves
19th January 2014, 10:09 PM
I needed an early night anyway. ;)

Yeah, the so called live coverage still hasn't got the last group past the 11th hole, another couple of hours to watch yet.:roll:

timah!
19th January 2014, 10:11 PM
Golf channel app FTW!

oncewasagolfer
19th January 2014, 10:29 PM
Coolsport ftw. Phil had a bit of trouble under that bush.

irishamateur
20th January 2014, 09:48 AM
Foxtel are a joke, they had this advertised as 'live' all week and everyday the coverage was delayed by at least 2hrs! I ended up watching it live on my Sky Go app (UK version of Foxtel).

Very unhappy with Foxtel, I pay them $130p/m I want LIVE coverage!

BUSHY
20th January 2014, 09:50 AM
Foxtel are a joke, they had this advertised as 'live' all week and everyday the coverage was delayed by at least 2hrs! I ended up watching it live on my Sky Go app (UK version of Foxtel).

I kind of agree however yesterday's final round was brought forward a few hours to ensure they finished before some potential weather. Still, a little annoying.

irishamateur
20th January 2014, 11:28 AM
I kind of agree however yesterday's final round was brought forward a few hours to ensure they finished before some potential weather. Still, a little annoying.

I know, but what was their excuse the other 3 days? Sky started their final day coverage earlier to coincide with the 2 tee start, why can't foxtel do this?

rough_rider
20th January 2014, 10:03 PM
where does everyone watch their golf live? any streams? foxtel is terrible..

oncewasagolfer
20th January 2014, 10:08 PM
Google coolsport. I like the skysports coverage.

rough_rider
20th January 2014, 10:09 PM
ty kind sir.

serrz
27th January 2014, 08:31 AM
How do you use your sky subscription? Don't they block aussie IP addresses?

serrz
27th January 2014, 08:33 AM
coolsport wasn't a very cool site - all these popups / advertisements keep coming up.

I use the foxtel app mainly. It's average.

oncewasagolfer
27th January 2014, 08:49 AM
Adblock plus = no pop ups.

Ron Burgundy
27th January 2014, 08:05 PM
Wiziwig. I use it to stream a huge range of sports.

oncewasagolfer
27th January 2014, 08:33 PM
Wiziwig. I use it to stream a huge range of sports.

I used it this morning to watch the golf because the stream wasn't loading on coolsportz.

Coldtopper
27th January 2014, 09:01 PM
Wiziwig. I use it to stream a huge range of sports. Thanks for the tip, looking forward to the waste event nexf week!

irishamateur
28th January 2014, 04:04 PM
How do you use your sky subscription? Don't they block aussie IP addresses?

http://www.unblock-us.com

oncewasagolfer
28th January 2014, 04:31 PM
http://www.unblock-us.com

How is that better than the above options?

solarbear
28th January 2014, 05:05 PM

I don't blame you. I used to hate that when I had Foxtel.

Jackson
28th January 2014, 05:20 PM
How is that better than the above options?

I imagine the sky subscription service is better quality than the pirate streams.

oncewasagolfer
28th January 2014, 05:24 PM
I imagine the sky subscription service is better quality than the pirate streams.

I thought that was unblock us content no for UK? I have no problem with the quality of the streams sometimes it pauses which is annoying.

Jackson
28th January 2014, 05:29 PM
I thought that was unblock us content no for UK? I have no problem with the quality of the streams sometimes it pauses which is annoying.

I have no issue with them either, although when I play it through the TV the quality is a bit iffy. Get what you pay for I guess.

irishamateur
29th January 2014, 11:33 AM
Sky subscription is better quality and can watch on TV through xbox app or on iPad using sky go app

simmsy
29th January 2014, 11:38 AM
Cost??

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 12:07 PM
Cost??

$4.99 a month according to the unblock-us website.

idgolfguy
29th January 2014, 12:17 PM
Can you get The Sky Service without having a UK address? I already use Unblock for Netflix and Hulu.

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 04:00 PM
Just signed up for the free trial what free content can you view?

benno_r
1st March 2014, 11:25 AM
Didn't see a whole lot of him playing the last few days, but I figure you'd have to say he is back to being in the top bracket, though maybe not back at his 2012 best.

yarn
5th May 2014, 08:17 PM
One bad round at Quail Hollow this week screwed him out of possibly being in contention Sunday. Looks like he is going OK again.

yarn
12th May 2014, 07:55 PM
Rory again with one bad round, that killed him.

MegaWatty
12th May 2014, 08:04 PM
Rory again with one bad round, that killed him.

Coincidence that it was round one, after he chose to stay in Palm Springs instead of practicing at the course?

yarn
12th May 2014, 10:59 PM
Pretty sure he hit 70, 74, 69, 66. It was his second round that did the damage. Luckily he pulled it back on the back nine and just made the cut.

Mububban
13th May 2014, 01:54 PM
He's close though, I'll stand by my (somewhat bold) prediction of him winning one event this year. It could all come together for one week.....

JADO75
13th May 2014, 02:41 PM
Didn't he make more birds than anyone?

yarn
13th May 2014, 05:11 PM
He tore the back nine a new one every day, even on his bad round. Reckons the front nine is his kryptonite.

Mububban
13th May 2014, 11:00 PM
He was something like +9 for the front and -12 for the back 9, crazy stats

FuzzyJuzzy
13th May 2014, 11:24 PM
Rors killed the back 9 - 19 birdies and only two bogeys on back 9 over the four rounds. So he played the back 9 in 17 under, but was 8 over on the front 9. And how's this for awesomeness - he birdied the wicked tough 18th on EACH of the four days, and birdied 16/17/18 on both Sat and Sun. That's some serious golfing! If he'd played the front 9 at even only even par for the tournament he would've coasted to a five stroke victory over Kaymer. I'm sure he'll win this season...hopefully in a major...

BUSHY
14th May 2014, 12:21 PM
I read last night that it was a back 9 scoring record at Sawgrass.

Mububban
14th May 2014, 12:22 PM
Where exactly was he dropping shots on the front 9? Cold putter, bad driving?

BUSHY
14th May 2014, 01:13 PM
All of the above.

Ron Burgundy
21st May 2014, 07:56 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/27501381

Better to call it off now than wait 5 years for the missus to chase after you with a 9 iron.

simmsy
21st May 2014, 08:01 PM
Too right.

Hopefully now we can get back to watching him play some good golf.

razaar
21st May 2014, 08:23 PM
I get the impression that he lacks confidence. There is something in his game that is preventing him from playing with his eys - seeing it and just doing it. Which is what he appeared to do before he went over to Nike.

BUSHY
22nd May 2014, 06:30 AM
I love him. He's so honest and upfront possibly at his own detriment. In all reality it's probably going to be tough to win this week but I hope he does well. He's such a real young man.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/morning-drive-mcilroy-ends-engagement-wozniacki/?cid=facebook-gc-v-rory-ends-engagement-052114

3oneday
22nd May 2014, 07:25 AM
Too young to get married in the profession both of them are in I reckon.

chappy1970
22nd May 2014, 07:52 AM
Now he can get back to doing what a YOUNG unattached millionaire professional golfer should be doing, 'letting the ferret out for a run' at every opportunity and ah playing great golf again

Jarro
22nd May 2014, 07:56 AM
Now he can get back to doing what a YOUNG unattached millionaire professional golfer should be doing, 'letting the ferret out for a run' at every opportunity and ah playing great golf again

It certainly will be interesting to see how his golf progresses now.

A big weight lifted from his shoulders so no reason he shouldn't come out firing !!

mrbluu
22nd May 2014, 08:07 AM
I thought this was quite funny

coalesce
22nd May 2014, 10:27 AM

Haha "singles only"

LeftyHoges
22nd May 2014, 11:01 AM

Serena Williams should be 100,000,000,000,000,000 / 1.

99% of the blokes on the planet have more sense than that. Can't see Rory being in the 1%.

jimandr
22nd May 2014, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately I don't know most of the names on that list.

I like the odds on Miley Cyrus.

sms316
22nd May 2014, 12:28 PM
Serena Williams should be 100,000,000,000,000,000 / 1.

99% of the blokes on the planet have more sense than that. Can't see Rory being in the 1%.
PM sent.

I would have posted the link on the open forum but it isn't exactly safe for work, and as we all know - without rules we have anarchy. Happy to send the PM to anybody else who wants it.

wizard_of_oz
26th May 2014, 02:00 AM
If you told me Rory would win the first event after his break up, I would have said, "GTFOH".. Nice win..

BUSHY
26th May 2014, 02:04 AM
Easy there.... Don't count the chickens yet.

BUSHY
26th May 2014, 02:10 AM
Ok count away... Well done Rory. What a day of golf.

Captain Nemo
26th May 2014, 08:36 AM
Just goes to show what he can do with a clear head....

Sydney Hacker
26th May 2014, 08:37 AM
Just goes to show what he can do with a clear head....

Which head?

simmsy
26th May 2014, 08:37 AM
Awesome to see him win this.
Hope he's back on the major train this year

Captain Nemo
26th May 2014, 08:38 AM
Which head?

Both.
:)

Waggle
26th May 2014, 10:03 AM
Great final round from Rory. Hopefully he is back to his brilliant best for the remainder of the season and can really threaten for one of the remaining majors.

KristianJ
26th May 2014, 11:58 AM
Both.:) Is Holywood in Queensland now?

KristianJ
6th August 2014, 01:23 PM
http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/golf/rory-mcilroy-confirms-he-will-defend-australian-open-title/story-fndkztro-1227015344015

Rory to defend @ The Australian. Looks like I know what I'm doing that week...:mrgreen:

backintheswing
6th August 2014, 01:25 PM
Sounds like a weekend away coming up.

Dangals
6th August 2014, 02:01 PM
Rory to defend @ The Australian. Looks like I know what I'm doing that week...:mrgreen:

+1

FuzzyJuzzy
6th August 2014, 02:26 PM
http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/golf/rory-mcilroy-confirms-he-will-defend-australian-open-title/story-fndkztro-1227015344015

Awesome news - figured he'd come back to defend, but been hanging out for the official announcement. I've volunteered at the last two Australian Opens, and can't wait to (hopefully) do so again this year:).

3Puttpete
11th August 2014, 02:14 PM

Be very careful Rory!

Gold!

BrisWesty
11th August 2014, 09:05 PM
But Ana Ivanovic? what a way to go!

talbo
12th November 2014, 12:45 PM
Ana doesn't have a championship caliber. I think he needs a drastic change maybe a coach change perhaps? https://imagicon.info/cat/10-3/1.gif

I thought he married someone other than Ana earlier this year.... Ana did briefly hold the No.1 WR but I don't really care about whether she can play or not anyhow!!

IanO
13th November 2014, 07:32 AM
Adam married Marie Kojzar, a Swedish architect, in April this year

timah!
6th April 2015, 07:37 PM
Bumping...

Can we say the baton has officially been passed across?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdhWhgA8Y0A

Huckles
10th April 2015, 12:14 PM
Bumping...

Can we say the baton has officially been passed across?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdhWhgA8Y0A

The Nike Baton maybe, but I think Spieth is setup nicely to be the next star...

aym
16th April 2015, 09:39 AM
You could argue his already a star... but not Rory level stardom.. and he might never be.

BUSHY
16th April 2015, 10:38 AM
The Nike Baton maybe, but I think Spieth is setup nicely to be the next star...

Woah there a minute.

You could argue his already a star... but not Rory level stardom.. and he might never be.

This is more the case.

markTHEblake
16th April 2015, 12:53 PM
Bobby Clampett was also the "next star", lost count of the others.

aym
16th April 2015, 01:29 PM
"He's an unbelievably nice guy and carries that World No 1 with class. I don't know if you can call it a rivalry yet but I look forward to getting in the heat of the moment with Rory a few times in the near future." - Speith.

Nice kid tho, hope he does well.

BUSHY
16th April 2015, 03:50 PM
Bobby Clampett was also the "next star", lost count of the others.

And as recent as 2 years it was Bud Cauley. Remember that name??? Probably not.

TheNuclearOne
16th April 2015, 05:31 PM
Spieth's just set all sorts of records in winning the Masters at, hmmm what age was it. He's a sure thing for mine and his background only enhances the feeling.

BUSHY
16th April 2015, 05:53 PM
Spieth's just set all sorts of records in winning the Masters at, hmmm what age was it. He's a sure thing for mine and his background only enhances the feeling.

There's no doubt he's extremely talented but to tout him as the next anything is premature at best.

TheNuclearOne
16th April 2015, 06:11 PM
There's no doubt he's extremely talented but to tout him as the next anything is premature at best.

Woods was touted as the next this and that from way before his balls had dropped. Spieth's done more already than most ever do. Mentioning Bud Cauley in the same breath is crazy given what Spieth has already achieved.

I'm not even a fan, but his commitment and dedication, knowledge and backbone put him in a rather enviable position.

At what stage would you give him acknowledgement? 5 majors? 10 majors? Rors has won 4 and seems to have passed the grade?

Certainly be a fascinating journey one way or the other :D

Blackhelmo
23rd April 2015, 07:42 PM
Speith doesn't hit it as far as Rory,tiger and others, so his body should be able to cope with the rigours of tourney golf

BUSHY
23rd April 2015, 08:37 PM
Speith doesn't hit it as far as Rory,tiger and others, so his body should be able to cope with the rigours of tourney golf

I don't know about that. Rory hits it with enormous speed but it's such a fluid motion I can't see it being overly damaging. As long as he doesn't get too muscle bound, he'll be fine.

simmsy
23rd April 2015, 08:43 PM
Just because he doesn't hit it as far means nothing about how his body will hold up.

Yossarian
23rd April 2015, 08:48 PM
Golf, the most torrid of all sports on the body.

perci
24th April 2015, 05:41 PM
Golf, the most torrid of all sports on the body.

Especially the Liver in some cases!

razaar
25th April 2015, 06:25 PM
Golf, the most torrid of all sports on the body.Especially if we haven't a clue how our joints are to work in an effective golf swing. Most of us have been exposed to voodoo theories on how to swing since we first picked up a club. Never mind it keeps us off the street and gives us an interest.

wizard_of_oz
26th April 2015, 12:04 AM
There is a direct inverse relationship between the hotness of Rory's girlfriend and his on course performance.

Ned
6th July 2015, 08:08 PM
Rory gone for a while ......

BUSHY
6th July 2015, 08:11 PM
Rory gone for a while ......

Bloody idiot!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/06/c49d66018c8aa14aff8b9f71784b2d1a.jpg

Ferrins
6th July 2015, 08:52 PM
That sucks!

LoveGolf2012
6th July 2015, 08:55 PM
Major ligament damage,will slow him down for a while

FuzzyJuzzy
6th July 2015, 09:47 PM
Saw that. Silly bugger! He's not given an ETA on his return. To lose your chance to defend The Open at St Andrews, he'd be kicking himself...if he had a leg to stand on...:).

KristianJ
6th July 2015, 10:03 PM
Gotta be a couple of months at least.

But then again, if Goughy can perform at a Qld Champs in a moon boot...

goughy
7th July 2015, 05:18 AM
I didn't come last! But I also did't go full wuss with crutches. He needs to man up!

PerryGroves
7th July 2015, 10:36 AM
Major ligament damage,will slow him down for a while

It will but unlike most of us who have done ankle ligaments, he can do rehab and sit on his asre the rest of the time. Plus he is fit and young.

Life goes on for other punters, you need to go to work, stuff still needs doing, rather than being off your feet, you are still hobbling about.

BUSHY
7th July 2015, 12:20 PM
Given this scenario I have a feeling Jordan Speith will be number one at some time this year.

3Puttpete
7th July 2015, 12:29 PM
He'd need to win one of the two majors wouldn't he?

Craig_Syd
7th July 2015, 02:31 PM
I reckon he will play... swelling will be gone by then and he can just strap it up.... As long as he feels stable surely he'll play?

mrbluu
7th July 2015, 02:32 PM
He needs some tiger balm!!!!

wizard_of_oz
7th July 2015, 09:39 PM
I reckon he will play... swelling will be gone by then and he can just strap it up.... As long as he feels stable surely he'll play?

Not if what he's described is accurate, "totally blown". Expect this season to be a write off.

BUSHY
7th July 2015, 09:41 PM
He'd need to win one of the two majors wouldn't he?

As of today, top 7 at John Deere and win the Open will do it providing Rory doesn't play. Then there's plenty left after that including the Playoffs.

Ned
7th July 2015, 10:28 PM

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/rorys-injury-likely-keep-him-out-open-championship/?cid=twitter-gc-v-rorys-injury-likely-keep-him-out-open-championship-070615

AlexMc
8th July 2015, 07:22 PM
I read 6 weeks he would be out for today...

BUSHY
8th July 2015, 07:44 PM
I read 6 weeks he would be out for today...

The ligament he damaged is fairly integral to the golf swing for a righty, although it could potentially be Tiger 2008 if he 'can' play. He's getting better and betterer every time he plays the Old Course.

FuzzyJuzzy
9th July 2015, 10:19 AM
Rory's out of The Open:
http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/07/rory-mcilroy-to-miss-2015-brit.html?mbid=nl_070815_daily_hitlist&CNDID=31281403&spMailingID=7889285&spUserID=NzY2Nzk3MjMxNTcS1&spJobID=720975053&spReportId=NzIwOTc1MDUzS0

timah!
6th August 2015, 09:27 PM
Ouch. I guess I didn't really think about the injury too much, but I certainly hadn't imagined this!

Lagerlover
6th August 2015, 09:30 PM
Got $10 on him for Euro sports personality of the year...

Need him on a couple of reality shows or something.

timah!
6th August 2015, 09:35 PM
Worlds mankiest foot award?

virge666
8th August 2015, 03:48 PM
He was hitting driver a few days ago according to Twitter...

timah!
8th August 2015, 04:11 PM
He was hitting driver a few days ago according to Twitter...

He's on his way to the States too! Grouped with that 21yo and ZJ.

virge666
8th August 2015, 07:36 PM
I hope he smashes both of them... I just can't get into the Jordan Speith thing. I have known door handles that are more exciting.

benno_r
8th August 2015, 07:39 PM
I hope he smashes both of them... I just can't get into the Jordan Speith thing. I have known door handles that are more exciting.
High five my brother.

timah!
8th August 2015, 07:42 PM

High five my brother.

X2!

Shane788
14th August 2015, 05:49 PM
X3, I hate that 22yo

timah!
14th August 2015, 05:57 PM
Lolz!

blurry
15th August 2015, 07:56 AM
X3, I hate that 22yo Phew , I thought it was just me , I think he might be a bit dim

timah!
22nd November 2015, 11:43 PM
Back on top.

Ferrins
23rd November 2015, 08:57 AM
Watch out virge that was the undoing of Michael Hutchence.

Lagerlover
23rd November 2015, 09:03 AM
Hahahaha

Jazz18
24th November 2015, 10:30 AM
Watch out virge that was the undoing of Michael Hutchence.

No the problem was it didn't undo.

Ferrins
24th November 2015, 12:51 PM
I get the same sensational on some 3 foot putts.

chappy1970
1st December 2015, 02:01 PM
http://www.golfwrx.com/340400/report-rory-mcilroy-getting-married-soon/

By god she is smokin' hot, and he has a head like a burst hot dog.

Weight division mismatch

FuzzyJuzzy
1st December 2015, 02:40 PM
http://www.golfwrx.com/340400/report-rory-mcilroy-getting-married-soon/

By god she is smokin' hot, and he has a head like a burst hot dog.

Weight division mismatch

Gorgeous...

hacker
1st December 2015, 03:39 PM
Even the balding, portly, bespectacled, ginger is thinking "gee...you're doin' well"

jimandr
1st December 2015, 05:42 PM
I'll believe it when I see it on the cover of the Womens Day or New Idea (note: I don't actually read them, but I often chuckle when I look at the covers while standing in the supermarket checkout queue).

I'm always impressed by stories that quote well-placed sources, or unidentified friends or insiders.

Captain Nemo
30th September 2016, 07:16 PM
Love it:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160930/14c8bfc2671880570bd7b4460f341a82.png

Captain Nemo
30th September 2016, 07:18 PM
He's on fire!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160930/03924538603b8149fad5d0c1df19de76.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SundayHack
30th September 2016, 08:14 PM
Load up.....

Captain Nemo
30th September 2016, 08:33 PM
Already have....

KristianJ
26th October 2016, 06:59 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161026/7617c265b6a83eaa5cd70a886e6e6032.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

wazamac
26th October 2016, 07:00 PM
Mmmmmmmm2

BayBum
27th October 2016, 09:01 AM
Will be playing the fairway to match too I believe.

I'm looking forward to this tournament.

CB84
27th October 2016, 10:44 AM
With the way he hit the Vapor you'd think the M2 would have to be something special for him to switch that quickly.

Captain Nemo
27th October 2016, 11:06 AM
With the way he hit the Vapor you'd think the M2 would have to be something special for him to switch that quickly. Money talks.....

Ron Burgundy
27th October 2016, 11:50 AM
When he switched to Nike he said equipment doesn't really matter much to him and that you could give him a hockey stick and an orange and he'd still go alright. Dunno if Nike was happy to hear that at the time though. He'd play with a Tyco kids set if they payed him enough. Probably go ok too.

Yossarian
27th October 2016, 11:53 AM
Money talks.....

"Please don't bet me, I love you"

JADO75
27th October 2016, 12:04 PM
I think it took Rory time to adjust to a different ball more than his equipment. It wasn't until he had some input into the ball design that he started playing well

Captain Nemo
27th October 2016, 12:12 PM
"Please don't bet me, I love you" **** off dickhead

Yossarian
27th October 2016, 12:19 PM
I remember when I got banned for calling someone a bell-end.

Captain Nemo
27th October 2016, 12:35 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/4f184479cdbb6d7550445b0729470d1c.png

CB84
27th October 2016, 03:00 PM
Money talks.....

I was under the (probably wrong) impression that any money he received from a competitor would be deducted from his Nike contract. If I was a Nike exec I'd be making damn sure that none of my sponsored athletes were double dipping. But I'm not a Nike exec so who knows 8)

JADO75
27th October 2016, 03:23 PM
His Nike golf equipment contract no longer exists, he's free to play whatever he wants with no restrictions

oncewasagolfer
27th October 2016, 04:32 PM
They were saying he has picked up 6mph club head speed with the switch to the m2.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

backintheswing
27th October 2016, 04:43 PM
He just hit the M2 3 wood off the deck on 18, second shot into the par 5, and carved it 40 metres right into the water. Honeymoon over?

3Puttpete
27th October 2016, 05:12 PM
He just hit the M2 3 wood off the deck on 18, second shot into the par 5, and carved it 40 metres right into the water. Honeymoon over?

Honeymoon back on

https://instagram.com/p/BMDgcmHjrVP/

backintheswing
27th October 2016, 05:14 PM
Yeah that was 2 holes before 18, hence the honeymoon over comment.

3Puttpete
27th October 2016, 05:22 PM
Yeah that was 2 holes before 18, hence the honeymoon over comment.

I clearly didn't read all your post. You can't expect too much

TheNuclearOne
27th October 2016, 06:29 PM
I was under the (probably wrong) impression that any money he received from a competitor would be deducted from his Nike contract. If I was a Nike exec I'd be making damn sure that none of my sponsored athletes were double dipping. But I'm not a Nike exec so who knows 8)

Pretty sure the staffers are playing what they actually want to at the moment with money not involved.

Jazz18
27th October 2016, 07:32 PM
I remember when I got banned for calling someone a bell-end.

Maybe it was because they weren't a bell end ;)

Yossarian
27th October 2016, 07:56 PM
Maybe it was because they weren't a bell end ;) Are you implying i am a **** head but using an emoji to limit the offensive nature of such a post?

Jazz18
27th October 2016, 08:25 PM
Are you implying i am a **** head but using an emoji to limit the offensive nature of such a post?

Relax. Just taking the piss.