PDA

View Full Version : Shadesy vs Adlo, Binningup April 2

adlo
29th March 2011, 10:27 PM
The Don vs The Late-Entrant-Unknown-Quantity.

Will the golfer who has kept his Sampson-esque locks retain his strength and overcome his challenger?

All happening this Saturday at Binningup. Yoss in as the 3rd wheel. Happy to take a name as a reserve, although due to time constraints we are not looking for a fourth golfer (no offence WAnkers!).

Let the games begin.

1. Aldo
2. Shadesy
3. Yoss

Reserves:

rubin
29th March 2011, 10:36 PM
Would be a good game that. But i'm thinking the don 3 and 2. Experience will always prevail.......

adlo
29th March 2011, 10:38 PM
Yes, I am giving away a free shot (we will play off scratch) but have seen the course a few times.

Hopefully it all doesn't come down to the 18th (yellow flag water carry long par 3!!)

Golfnut
29th March 2011, 10:59 PM
Yes, I am giving away a free shot (we will play off scratch) but have seen the course a few times.

Hopefully it all doesn't come down to the 18th (yellow flag water carry long par 3!!)

Hopefully it DOES....that would be a great way to finish the match (at least from a story telling perspective)....that's gotta be up there for one of the toughest Par3's around especially if the winds up.

Anyone seen Shadsey's game?

Should be perfect weather for this on Sat.

MegaWatty
29th March 2011, 11:05 PM
Coring been checked?

Shadesy
29th March 2011, 11:24 PM
Hmmmm no mega, could make it interesting! Way to bring the thread down :-)

My first look at the course! My game is in ok shape gone from 17 to 13 since January. Rubin, Yoss and JC have seen my game. Let them comment!

MegaWatty
29th March 2011, 11:25 PM
Just thought I'd ask. It's that time of year!

Yossarian
29th March 2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah mate I am in, can I scrounge a lift off someone? :D

I have seen you both play and this will be close!

adlo
30th March 2011, 12:20 AM
Yoss, we can rendevouz somewhere and make the trip down. sms me, I lost every number in my mobile.

It wasn't cored 2 weeks ago, wouldn't know how to check. I think the SW courses are not coring atm from what I can tell.

rubin
30th March 2011, 12:26 AM
I would have to agree with yoss... a very close match, but i stick with my original prediction. Its a tough course to play first up.

Shadesy's game is pretty decent, they would be very, very evenly matched. I would think shadesy may have the length, but adlo probably has a sweeter touch around the greens.

Yossarian
30th March 2011, 12:59 AM
Will do adlo.

Rubin shadesy's hinge and hold method is pretty good!

Johnny Canuck
30th March 2011, 01:10 AM
Aldo will jump to an early lead due to local knowledge. Too many blind tee shots early on.

Shadesy will claw a few back, but will end up going down 4&3.

Aldo will be happy the match ended early as he will chop up 16-18 going bunker, water, water to finish his day.

Shadesy
30th March 2011, 01:14 AM
Patent pending Yoss!

Shadesy
2nd April 2011, 04:08 PM
Smashed!

simmsy
2nd April 2011, 04:25 PM
haha! bad luck shadesy.

scores?

Shadesy
2nd April 2011, 05:25 PM
To the victor goes the spoils, all I can say is lookout competition!

Shadesy
2nd April 2011, 05:36 PM
Oh and Cliff Manley is my beatch!

Yossarian
2nd April 2011, 05:59 PM
Adlo played very well. 12 pars and a bird.

idgolfguy
2nd April 2011, 08:32 PM
To the victor goes the spoils, all I can say is lookout competition!

I'm oot too!

Congratulations, Don.

Shadesy
2nd April 2011, 10:27 PM
I didn't put enough pressure on when I had the chance which wasn't often! I didn't play super but drove well all day and putted pretty good, but I think Ads strung 6 or 7 pars in a row from 5-11, and just played solid. 3 down with 4 to play stuffs his 6 iron to a foot ( I put it to 6 feet and missed) for birdie and the win 4&3!

Awesome day though, except for my run!!!

adlo
2nd April 2011, 10:35 PM
Ha ha, the sand wedge run was special. I think you should give the crowd a bit of background to the story Shadesy.

Yeah, a 4&3 win was great, but I had to play the round of my life to make it look easy! 42 points for me, Shadesy is a great, solid golfer who will play off single digits in the future. A very methodical, steady golfer. You have an abundance of natural talent to be off 13 so early in your golfing life. Well done mate.

Had a ball out there today, yet another enjoyable round at one of our finest courses.

Pieface
2nd April 2011, 10:58 PM
Shadesy is sleepin' with the feeshes. Nice shooting Adlo. Hard luck shadesy...there is always next year :)

Golfnut
3rd April 2011, 01:14 PM
Adlo played very well. 12 pars and a bird.

:shock: Very impressive....well done!

Hard luck Shadesy......with that score he would've beaten anyone round here so don't feel too bad mate.

adlo
3rd April 2011, 01:20 PM
Had a good back 9, apart from a weak bogey on 12 (bloody hole cut on a slope- sorry Yoss) and a wipe on 13, went par-par-bogey-wipe-par-birdie-par-par-par.

Golfnut
3rd April 2011, 01:21 PM
That's great......how'd you go on 9/18?

Yossarian
3rd April 2011, 01:27 PM
Thinking about it, I don't think anyone dropped anything of length. Imagine if you putter had been a little bit more on!

adlo
3rd April 2011, 01:34 PM
That's great......how'd you go on 9/18?

Par/par.

I actually palyed the par 3's one under the card. 5 pars and a bird.

Yeah, agreed Yoss. I have to say you see very few bombs dropped at Binningup. All the sloping (sorry!) greens make it hard to do so.

Yossarian
3rd April 2011, 01:36 PM
When I played sorrocks for skins he dropped a few there, that bastid loves the slopes (sorry)

adlo
3rd April 2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, he sure does. Prick!

MegaWatty
3rd April 2011, 01:56 PM
Hard luck Shadesy......with that score he would've beaten anyone round here so don't feel too bad mate.

Why not?

hocko
3rd April 2011, 02:24 PM
Congrats Ads, good to see fortightly form.

Golfnut
3rd April 2011, 07:49 PM
Why not?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/images-4.jpg

MegaWatty
3rd April 2011, 09:28 PM
Well, in theory, anyone could have beaten him if they shot 1 better than him.

Golfnut
3rd April 2011, 10:24 PM
Geez, how to over analyze the **** out of a compliment......

MegaWatty
3rd April 2011, 10:42 PM
Sorry. I thought you were trying to console Shadesy rather than compliment Ads.

Yossarian
3rd April 2011, 11:05 PM
Go Yoss!

Nuffie
3rd April 2011, 11:13 PM
Bad luck shadesy, sounds like you struck adlo in some fine form on the day.

12 pars and a birdie was very impressive Adlo, gr8 stuff!

Shadesy
4th April 2011, 11:11 AM
As well as Adlo Played I Certainly had my Chances. I was about 29 Points till 15 ( I didn't finish 2 of the last 3 holes, more on that later.) Think Ad's had 80 off the stick. That included a 4 jack on 3 :lol::lol::lol: to give me the win with a 7 :shock:

I was 3 down at the turn (we didn't halve a hole on the front) and from 12-14 had a real chance to square the match.

12 - Adlo Drives onto the path right, plays it safely to about 130 out. I drove beyond the hill, greenside of the path on the fairway. Giving me 190 out. I try and play a low running four iron to the front to give me a real shot at Birdie, toe it into the trees, get lucky and then thin a wedge (muddy lie) to the back. Both make 6!!!

13 - I win after Adlo stuffs around, with a simple safe 5 to be only 2 down.

14. Tees are back, I nail a drive over the Tree in the Corner, through the fairway into the rough, exactly ten metres from the 200 marker (leaving me 190). Play a hybrid to the right Kack, stuff my shot on the sandy lie, stuff my chip on a bare lie, generally **** about and Adlo quietly gets up and down for par and go 3 up. I played the hole exactly the same first time around:oops: in which Adlo went par-par-par-par-bogey-par.

15 - Stuffs his 6 iron to a foot, I hit mine in response to about 6 feet, miss the putt to keep me alive and Adlo taps his in.

Never played match play before, and I learnt a lot, in I was waiting for Adlo to stuff up on occasions, in which he didn't. I needed to use my length to advantage more and play par 5's a whole lot better (I did par 1 and 10). Need to really put more pressure on my opponent.

Thanks to Deano for letting me fill in for the day, and Yoss for the entertainment.

Thanks again Adlo, Congratulations.

Shadesy
4th April 2011, 11:19 AM
Oh and the Reason I didn't play the last 3 holes is that on 16 I was in the bunker, and went to get out my sand wedge, only to find its not there and I remember lobbing it in disgust back on 5/14.

So I decide to retrieve it, so in a Nuffie like moment of inspiration I run from the tees on 8/17 through the bush, figuring the green was right behind this scrub. Turns out after going through the bush, I ended up back on the previous hole, halfway down the fairway. Here I bite the bullet and run back up 7/16 back up 6/15 and find my wedge where I left it.

I am sweating and blowing pretty hard at this stage, so look to my left and see a massive hill. In my best Bear Grylls impersonation (minus the pee drinking), I climb the hill (the hill is where they take the picture on there scorecards on.) figuring that the sandy path will lead the way back down to 8th tee. After an altitude stop half way up, and admiring the view, I figure it is not worth traipsing through the thick dense scrub only armed with a Sand Wedge and 6 iron. So I run back down the hill, through 6 and 7 before spotting ADLO and Yoss Sitting down in the shade.

At that point, playing golf was last thing on my mind. Lesson, there are no tracks to cut through from hole to hole, although I hear that Nuffie might be able to enlighten me??

Johnny Canuck
4th April 2011, 11:45 AM
Nuffie is a hobbit. He travels underground.

Great story. Very impressed with the use of the word "kack". My favorite term for deep rough.

Nice course, eh?

Shadesy
4th April 2011, 12:48 PM
Very Impressed JC, loved it.

Very Fair course, with the Slopes (Sorry) on the green its major defence. Didn't have a flat putt all day. Little trouble off the tee, but the positioning on 6 determines whether you get there in 2 or 3! Just little subtleties like that was very impressive.

Great place for a sundowner 9 holes with a few beers!

TourFit
4th April 2011, 02:29 PM
Nuffie is a hobbit. He travels underground.

Great story. Very impressed with the use of the word "kack". My favorite term for deep rough.

Nice course, eh?

I seem to have adopted Mega's use of the word 'boonge' for deep poop, it is now my favourite term to explain it...

Johnny Canuck
4th April 2011, 03:18 PM
Every time you say "slopes", Dave1 mutters "I hate the Japs".

Boonge, could word too.

Shadesy
4th April 2011, 04:12 PM
I Like the word "scunge" which describes most of my second shots on Par 5's!

MegaWatty
4th April 2011, 05:31 PM
Boonge. Love it. Thanks for the cred 'fit.