PDA

View Full Version : Lead tape

mint
23rd March 2011, 08:19 PM
dont know if there has been a thread on this before but was wondering where is the best place to get lead tape from and what is the best way of applying it..

any suggestions would be awesome! :)

MegaWatty
23rd March 2011, 08:23 PM
TourFit or a British seller on eBay has some.

Ferrins
23rd March 2011, 08:26 PM
I got it from Golfworks

TourFit
23rd March 2011, 08:34 PM
Only problem from getting it from GolfWorks is the freight vs weight debate... (nice rhyming that). You are paying Fedex/UPS and a roll of lead tape, depending on size is heavy.

Let me know, I can get you some. Or get it either from Clubmate Golf in NSW or Executive Golf in Melbourne (if they'll sell to you!)

Ferrins
23rd March 2011, 08:43 PM
I got it with Timah and his groupie buy.

markTHEblake
23rd March 2011, 09:10 PM
go to a local clubmaker and say "throw some lead tape at me for a fiver" I did that and got a shitload, say about 10 strips (about 1 gram each from memory)
Its not very expensive stuff at all so its nothing for them to let you have some.

Baudwalker
23rd March 2011, 09:26 PM
Start with ANY decent TENNIS SHOP ... tennis players are BIG users of lead tape

Then there are the krappie self 'adhesive{?}' strips that don't stick at most golf shops

I got some here with other gear http://stores.ebay.com.au/toddsgolfgripsandshafts

I got the extra heavy stuff so you don't need as much to get the weight

so there you go .. decisions decisions decisions

Ferrins
23rd March 2011, 09:44 PM
I have a tennis shop and I will only sell my lead tape to accomplished players and would promptly tell some runt with a fiver to piss off.

3oneday
23rd March 2011, 11:06 PM
I have bought from here www.clubmate-golf.com.au. Not sure if he still does it though.

TourFit
23rd March 2011, 11:11 PM
go to a local clubmaker and say "throw some lead tape at me for a fiver" I did that and got a shitload, say about 10 strips (about 1 gram each from memory)
Its not very expensive stuff at all so its nothing for them to let you have some.

The roll of lead tape that I get is about $60...! (Then again, it IS 1/2" by 36 YARDS)

vman
23rd March 2011, 11:40 PM
I have a tennis shop and I will only sell my lead tape to accomplished players and would promptly tell some runt with a fiver to piss off.
Good customer service.

TourFit
24th March 2011, 12:32 PM
The Ferrins way or the highway...:shock:

mint
28th March 2011, 08:33 AM
actually decided to go to a friends workshop and try something different...

I took the grip off the putter and placed very fine (gun powder like) lead shavings down the shaft and then corked it so they didn't move..
Then to balance it a little welded some into the top of the handle..

This way you dont see any lead tape on the bottom of it and you get the desired weight and balance..