PDA

View Full Version : Low ballers in the pro shop threads.

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 03:17 PM
Is it me or does any one else think that the majority of low ball offers leave a bad taste in your mouth, we need to make a collective stand against this scourge. IMOA

TourFit
22nd March 2011, 03:21 PM
Don't include me in that....I don't think I've ever lowballed. EVER.

IMO, if it's something you really want then you should be prepared to pay the asking price. If you're not happy with the asking price, then you either a) don't want it enough, or b) can look elsewhere.

rubin
22nd March 2011, 03:23 PM
Me neither.

Last few things i brought have paid listed price!

rubin
22nd March 2011, 03:23 PM
I've just realised...... He was referring to GN

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 03:24 PM
Your exempt there Fit.

TheTrueReview
22nd March 2011, 03:25 PM
Your exempt there Fit.

Yup, Fit has honour. Thanks again for the putter grip mate.

kpac
22nd March 2011, 03:26 PM
Nothing wrong with a lowball - if you don't wanna sell it at the offered price, tell them to beat it... simple.

henno
22nd March 2011, 03:26 PM
I have no problem with small negotiations via PM... maybe. But I much prefer lowballs be made in the thread itself. If you've got the balls to offer a price 50% of the listed price at least have the balls to put it out there. I see no problem with that. You can always just say no.

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 03:28 PM
Changed first post, as it would be wrong to say that most of them come from WA.

PeteyD
22nd March 2011, 03:42 PM
I lowball therefore I am ..... poor :(

Webster
22nd March 2011, 03:46 PM
No harm in a little lowballing.....provided you do it in the thread. I've often thrown in a lowball bid to help the seller along with his sale, usually results in someone else quickly jumping in and paying asking price or close to it. It's a bit of community service, which is the least I can do for a website which has helped me buy and sell a lot of gear over the years.

Lowballing on my stuff for sale doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just ignore the ones that are ridiculously low.

just
22nd March 2011, 03:49 PM
Lowball away via PM or in the thread. If you don't like it just ignore it.

PeteyD
22nd March 2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7K4VM_7Rg

hocko
22nd March 2011, 04:08 PM
No harm in a little lowballing.....provided you do it in the thread. I've often thrown in a lowball bid to help the seller along with his sale, usually results in someone else quickly jumping in and paying asking price or close to it. It's a bit of community service, which is the least I can do for a website which has helped me buy and sell a lot of gear over the years.

Lowballing on my stuff for sale doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just ignore the ones that are ridiculously low.
Agreed, public lowballs accepted then everyone can see that you are a tight arse. I do lowball but also will pay the asking price if i really want it.
Golfnut wears steel capped boots because he only ever kicks tyres.

3oneday
22nd March 2011, 04:17 PM
Don't sell.

AndyP
22nd March 2011, 04:29 PM
Out me and I'll ban you.

Minor_Threat
22nd March 2011, 04:36 PM
What about when you were going to buy a putter from me via SMS (Shaun) and it didn't eventuate? How does that work in regards to pro-shop etiquette?

Moe Norman
22nd March 2011, 04:48 PM
lowballing is fine.

PM lowballing is homoerotic

TheTrueReview
22nd March 2011, 04:51 PM
For the sake of clarity what is the Ozgolf definition of a low-ball?

eg. 90%, 80%, or 70%, etc of sale price?

Moe Norman
22nd March 2011, 04:59 PM
anything under asking price, including asking for delivery to be included in sale price.

hocko
22nd March 2011, 05:00 PM

eg. 90%, 80%, or 70%, etc of sale price?
Cost price less 40%

rubin
22nd March 2011, 05:01 PM
Cost price less 40%

and for GN?

cost less 75% including delivery?

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 05:37 PM
What about when you were going to buy a putter from me via SMS (Shaun) and it didn't eventuate? How does that work in regards to pro-shop etiquette?

Is the putter still for sale?

LarryLong
22nd March 2011, 05:53 PM
I find haggling offensive, but I figure it's a free world and some people like to do it.

It's easy enough to say "No, and stop being a tightarse".

markTHEblake
22nd March 2011, 05:55 PM

Is offering a fair price a low ball when the asking price was too much?

If someone really wants to buy but offers a price to low, they are taking a geniune risk, that someone else will bid higher, or accept the asking price. For example I offered 20% lower for an item yesterday and almost got the handshake to happen, but was gazumped. If i accepted his counter offer, it would have been mine already or he would have been tarred and featherd. Might do that anyway.

So my guess is, a really low offer, is not a genuine one, but if it creates interest, nothing wrong with that. One day I will accept one of Jacks phoney offers though, and force him to pay up!

Beno
22nd March 2011, 06:03 PM
Yeh Public is fine, but anyone offereing ridiculous lowballs and meaning it - is aids.

i remeber a thread about a whitehot putter by golfer69 i think, i offered a stupid lowball price (only after he had publicly asked for them, lol) and then when he posted a counter offer it was snapped up within a day. That i don't see an issue with.

TL: DR - If your lowballing and actually serious about it, get out. If you trying to enage in some gental banter !!In public no PM's!! and the item gets sold - great i say...

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 06:08 PM
Beno, I'll give you $50 for your two TM wedges, on pick up.

Beno
22nd March 2011, 06:09 PM
haha

Wrong thread Ferrins, but make it $60 and its a deal

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 06:13 PM
I can't very well low ball in the Pro shop thread, that would be hypocritical of me. $60 is too rich, next you'll tell Goosen used them to win the 2004 US Open. I thought there was only a black and chrome version, what's with the oil can? Maybe you should say they were tour issue.

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 06:21 PM
http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exec/brand/2784/product_type/207/model/45846/b/TaylorMade/p/Wedge/m/RAC%20Black

Are these the highly sort after wedges your selling. Beno?

Beno
22nd March 2011, 06:36 PM
I can't very well low ball in the Pro shop thread, that would be hypocritical of me. $60 is too rich, next you'll tell Goosen used them to win the 2004 US Open. I thought there was only a black and chrome version, what's with the oil can? Maybe you should say they were tour issue.

haha, he probably did you know. no tour issue here but :)

Its the raw (i call em oilcan from the clevo days) Fe2o3 ones which rust up

Apologies Mods, clearly not the place i should be linking :)

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 06:40 PM
Do you want to trade for anything in particular, are you into tennis?

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 06:42 PM
I have a 54* in chrome that I bought for $15 two years ago.

Beno
22nd March 2011, 06:44 PM
Lol, nah i have a set of Blacks that i ground the flanges and drilled out for specific weights that im happy with, only loking for cash really

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 06:50 PM
http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exec/brand/2784/product_type/207/model/44418/b/TaylorMade/p/Wedge/m/RAC%20Fe2%20O3

It must be your birthday to be offering $25 each, maybe you should shout me a Chinese meal, on the pick up.

TourFit
22nd March 2011, 06:50 PM
Don't sell.

I'm with you...at least with gear I buy specifically for myself.

Beno
22nd March 2011, 07:01 PM
Ill Pass Ferrins, can make it up in postage probably, off the the Bay

TheNuclearOne
22nd March 2011, 07:03 PM
I'd be more worried by peeps pulling out of sales. "I'll take it if you can you wait for the cash till Wednesday when i get paid?" Come Tuesday, "mate the missus surprised me with a new driver for my birthday, i'll have to pull out" lmao

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 07:07 PM
Ill Pass Ferrins, can make it up in postage probably, off the the Bay

Good luck with it.

TheTrueReview
22nd March 2011, 07:58 PM
I'd be more worried by ... "I'll take it if you can you wait for the cash till Wednesday when i get paid?" Come Tuesday, "mate the missus surprised me with a new driver for my birthday, i'll have to pull out" ...

That usually happens just after the dog eats the homework.

Jarro
22nd March 2011, 08:03 PM
The only issue i have with lowballing is that people try it out on an item that is already at a ridiculously low price.

Some of the stuff perci offers up here is at a stupidly low price, for quality gear, yet some tightarses still insist on insulting him with stupid offers !!

live4golf
22nd March 2011, 08:04 PM
The only issue i have with lowballing is that people try it out on an item that is already at a ridiculously low price.

Some of the stuff perci offers up here is at a stupidly low price, for quality gear, yet some tightarses still insist on insulting him with stupid offers !!

$5 posted?

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 08:12 PM

He recently accepted a low ball on a set of sticks and the guys been jerking him off for a fortnight.

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 08:13 PM
Double post

Jarro
22nd March 2011, 08:20 PM
He recently accepted a low ball on a set of sticks and the guys been jerking him off for a fortnight.

Then i hope perci does the right thing and posts about his problem with the buyer in the pro-shop thread

henno
22nd March 2011, 08:28 PM
Since when has being jerked off for a fortnight been a problem?

markTHEblake
22nd March 2011, 08:30 PM

maybe Perci should advertise at about 10-20% above his minimum price so there is room for the haggle.

I have paid asking price sometimes, others i haggle. It just depends on how much i really want it.

hocko
22nd March 2011, 08:39 PM
He has now been paid and it was only ten days of jerking off.
Most of you know that this is unusual for me.
I see no reason to publicly name and shame me.........oops, i think i already have!

Ferrins
22nd March 2011, 08:42 PM
I thought it was someone else, your usually an honourable low balling scumbag.

hocko
22nd March 2011, 08:46 PM
Thankyou for your kind words.
I did get them for a good price but i still met him half way between his price and my lowball!

Golfnut
22nd March 2011, 11:54 PM
My ears are burning.

TourFit
23rd March 2011, 12:12 AM
As long as it doesn't spread & burn a hole in your wallet.

PeteyD
23rd March 2011, 12:03 PM
As long as your asshole is not burning.

Golfnut
23rd March 2011, 04:41 PM
Well, chilli in last night's stir fry begs to differ PD.

LeftyHoges
24th March 2011, 01:39 AM
Do not lowball yest ye be lowballed thyself. (or something to that effect)

Basically my opinion is if you're gonna be a lowballer you better be prepared to have it done to you.

And have thick enough skin that when the seller tells you to f*** off with your lowball that you dont get your panties all bunched up. Capiche???

Now, all this lowball talk reminds me, I must revise and resubmit my next lowball offer to Tomson.

Oh Tomson!!! Yoo hoo!!! ;)

PeteyD
24th March 2011, 09:58 AM
You offer what you want to pay. It gets accepted or not. Why make an issue of it?

Ferrins
24th March 2011, 10:02 AM
Pete, you owe me a beer for the headcover:)

Ferrins
24th March 2011, 10:03 AM
Don't counter with a shandy.

PeteyD
24th March 2011, 12:16 PM
We'll see tomorrow week.

Ferrins
24th March 2011, 01:51 PM
Your hurting me Pete, alright a 7 ounce of mineral water.

popper81
21st August 2013, 09:06 AM
The champ may wish to re-read this one.... On current form, some bad habits are forming.