PDA

View Full Version : Equipment update, maybe I am turnin....

markTHEblake
3rd June 2004, 10:39 PM
Well tonight I scored an old shaft from Jaster to fit into the SMT Solotaire 3.5w I won at a Ozgolf day- donated by Terry- thank you.

Will be getting it set up at GCI Tomorrow. I am yet to find a fairway wood that doesnt go along the ground, so this wil be interesting.

Now tonight I also scored a Harvey Penick 1 iron head from Ben Componentgolf.com.au for Nix. Thanks Ben, next time I go shopping i know where to go.

It doesnt quite match my other irons, its 1 model later, but with 6yo irons its hard to find a matching 1 iron. Now to find a shaft for that.

Now I find myself in a situation i have never experienced before, and am not sure what to do. Never had more than 14 clubs before.
So; 1> which clubs to remove, and 2> where do you put the ones not in use?

Jarro
3rd June 2004, 10:44 PM
easy ..

1/ whichever doesn't work properly

2/ E-Bay

8)

Jarro
4th June 2004, 03:06 PM
Take it to Ozgolf's answer to Cash Converters..Nudgee.

not sure the big fella would be interested in any of Blakeys cast-offs :P :lol:

maybe he could donate them to a museum :wink:

markTHEblake
4th June 2004, 04:28 PM
Take it to Ozgolf's answer to Cash Converters..Nudgee.

not sure the big fella would be interested in any of Blakeys cast-offs

All my clubs are precision tuned instruments - there wont be any casting off.

Besides what can I do when i go to the golf shop and they guy tells me there is nothing he can sell me thats better than what i have got.

All you blokes are simply ripping yourselves off by changing so often.

Fishman Dan
4th June 2004, 04:29 PM
All you blokes are simply ripping yourselves off by changing so often.

Doesn't sound like your turnin' in a real hurry ;)

Jarro
4th June 2004, 05:11 PM
Blakey.... how about putting up a WITB ... so we can all see your precision tuned instruments :P :lol:

AndyP
4th June 2004, 08:56 PM
maybe I am turnin....
Are you coming out of the closet, blakey? :shock: Not that there's anything wrong with that. :|

Now I find myself in a situation i have never experienced before, and am not sure what to do. Never had more than 14 clubs before.
So; 1> which clubs to remove,
In the same situation at the moment. :?

markTHEblake
4th June 2004, 11:36 PM
Blakey.... how about putting up a WITB ... so we can all see your precision tuned instruments :P :lol:

that means i got to stand up, find my keys, open boot, remove bag, unzip cover just to read all the brandings on my clubs.

or you could just go to that other site.

macleod
6th June 2004, 07:36 PM
interesting dilemma....keep them all, dpending on their use i say.

it sounds dumb coming from a high marker like myself, but do the new clubs present u with different ways to play vs your current setup, ie. a wood that actually goes in the air?

one iron for the dry? who knows, i couldn't hit one anyway...would be handy for punching out of gailes trees id bet though ;)

markTHEblake
6th June 2004, 11:43 PM
interesting dilemma....keep them all, dpending on their use i say.

oh yes, i will be keeping them all, I am just not sure which ones to throw out of the bag for the round.

but do the new clubs present u with different ways to play vs your current setup, ie. a wood that actually goes in the air?

well i have not had a fairway wood shot in my bag since mid 80's so I guess tossing a 3 wood out for a 1 iron makes a lot of sense. ( i have probably used a fairway wood once in the last 2 months)

On the other hand why did i just obtain another 3 wood :?

one iron for the dry? who knows, i couldn't hit one anyway...would be handy for punching out of gailes trees id bet though ;)

how did you know, i didnt play with you the last 2 times I was at Gailes?

Rusty
11th September 2008, 12:06 PM
okay Blakey this is the best i could find for your WITB thread. with all those threads about MOI matching, Blades vs Cavities, Mixing Shafts in a Set of Irons, AussieCustomGolf, and the Bulk Buy from Golfworks... resulting in almost a whole new set, it's gotta be time for an update from an antiho.

BrisVegas
11th September 2008, 12:13 PM
i'm riveted to my seat with anticipation....

AndyP
11th September 2008, 08:27 PM
I saw the clubs at the City Pro-Am, but since I'm another anti-HO, I can't remember what they were. I'm glad I could help.

3oneday
11th September 2008, 09:08 PM
Yep.

markTHEblake
11th September 2008, 09:10 PM
no name stepless shafts, i dont know what the fuss is about.

jaybam
12th September 2008, 02:25 PM
i also peeked a look but there was no brand name i know of so didnt really give them a second look :)

Rusty
12th September 2008, 03:12 PM
"the fuss, the fuss"... c'mon, first major refit in years!

i think these (http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_MA0123_A_cn_E_671) are the heads.

but Blakey what's the link for the grips? were they golfworks too?

Grunt
12th September 2008, 06:21 PM
Sighted the clubs today, very nice indeed!!