PDA

View Full Version : Dickie Green, bit of a numb nut!

Captain Nemo
21st March 2011, 04:26 PM
Dont know if anyone caught it.
Richard Green in that Euro event Sicilian Open.
2nd round, first hole has a dummy spit, breaks his putter and uses his wedge for the rest of the round!
Was running 4th or something like that at the time!
Finished tied 49th, prob cost hime a fair bit of $$$'s:roll:

3oneday
21st March 2011, 04:32 PM
Your pc is ****ed isn't it !

henno
21st March 2011, 04:33 PM
Why didn't he just send his putter off to get a new shaft put in it? He would have had it back in a hole or two at worst.

Captain Nemo
21st March 2011, 04:33 PM
Yes 3, whats happened now!

Captain Nemo
21st March 2011, 04:34 PM
Why didn't he just send his putter off to get a new shaft put in it? He would have had it back in a hole or two at worst.

Didnt think you can do that?

henno
21st March 2011, 04:38 PM
Didnt think you can do that?

I have no idea on the specifics of the rules. Maybe he can't because he did it on purpose. (I can imagine it'd be an easy loop hole if you're hitting your driver like a dog due to a particular shaft profile and you know you've got a stretch of holes not requiring driver, you could just snap the shaft and have it replaced with something else.)

Marto65
21st March 2011, 04:55 PM
Cant change the playing characteristics of the club once you have started a round.

henno
21st March 2011, 04:57 PM
Cant change the playing characteristics of the club once you have started a round.

I figured that, which is kinda the point I was trying to make. I guess the question is whether you can get the club repaired to the same characteristics even if the breakage is intentional.

Marto65
21st March 2011, 05:06 PM
Even though it's the same specs ... it's a different shaft ... no chance.

PeteyD
21st March 2011, 05:10 PM
Pretty sure you can't repair deliberate damage. Accidental damage you can return it to what it was, pretty sure you have to if you want to keep using it.

Marto65
21st March 2011, 05:13 PM
Jeff Wagner won the St Michaels cup one year putting with his sand wedge ..

rodders
21st March 2011, 06:39 PM
Wasn't the lack of putter that hurt - that was later in the comp.

I watched it on foxtel and it was bloody impressive. Green shot 6 birdies with his wedge! Finished 4 under for that round.

His 3rd and 4th round stuffed him. Should have stuck to his wedge to putt.

markTHEblake
21st March 2011, 08:53 PM
Pretty sure you can't repair deliberate damage. Accidental damage you can return it to what it was, pretty sure you have to if you want to keep using it.

Neither. Henno's loophole is tightly closed.

If damaged in the course of play you can continue using it, repair it, or replace it with any club.

If damaged by throwing a wobbly, you cant use it again during that round no matter what, and you cant replace it.

IanO
22nd March 2011, 01:16 PM
MTB is correct

Moe Norman
22nd March 2011, 09:38 PM
didn't he have 68 after busting his putter?

then blew up on the other days when he had it in the bag?

kpac
23rd March 2011, 08:50 AM
Neither. Henno's loophole is tightly closed.

phew