PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 20th June

Grunt
22nd June 2005, 03:38 PM
Hi All

Played Bexley this morning on a bit of a mission to see how it plays before playing pennants there in a few weeks.

Hit the ball ok, even drew it a few times; that bit me o nthe bum when i was allowing for my slice :roll:

only 25 points but small rock hard greens got me. on one of the par 3's on the back 9 I hit Pw high enough for the guys in my group to say if it rains it is my fault. it landed about 8 feet short straight at the pin, i was thinking first ace is coming. It bounced over 6 feet in the air when in hit the green and was about 15 feet past the hole in the end. That went into the memory bank. :wink:

On the hole I was happy with my ball striking and the day will help in the pennants in a few weeks.

Jarro
22nd June 2005, 03:47 PM
played Nudgee today with the lads.

85 (43/42) for 34 points ... with 2 washes and 3x1 pointers

8 fairways
3 up & downs
34 putts

drove the ball OK today, but made some stupid mistakes :oops: especially in the sand :roll:

Eag's
22nd June 2005, 11:14 PM
Played Nudgee today Single Stab
39 pts :)
Greens 9
Fairways 11
Putts 36 :roll: (4 3 putts)
U/D 3/9

Very pleased with my play tee to green, just got to work hard on the putting :oops:

McMw
23rd June 2005, 11:17 AM
38 last evening in light annoying drizzle...

took out the quadpro 4+wood, nike driver, 2BDFXB putter...
liking the 4 wood a lot, the driver felt good with the stiffer shaft, and made some nice putts with the 2b blade...

irons were slightly erratic - maybe it's time for a change!!!
time to join Team Mizuno - bring out the MP37s... :lol:

Grunt
23rd June 2005, 04:03 PM
Played New Brighton this afternoon, pretty average conditions were equally by some very poor golf. A hole 19 points :cry:

Was one of those days where nothing went where it should have. My slice has gone with a draw/hook now the regular shot. Do you all know how frustarting it is to allow for yor vicious slice only for it to draw into the rough or worse. :x

But to be honest the ball striking was great and I have a pretty good idea where I am going wrong. :roll:

Hopefully tomorrow will see the tide turn. :?

Or Saturday :?

amanda
24th June 2005, 08:05 AM
Do you all know how frustarting it is to allow for yor vicious slice only for it to draw into the rough or worse. :x
I hear ya Grant - and it just makes things worse at NB - especially on the 2nd and 3rd holes :( From the wind I was getting at home - I would have frozen out on the golf course!

McMw
24th June 2005, 08:32 AM
plan to play every shot straight!!! :wink:

cazandpaul
24th June 2005, 03:26 PM
30points today - nothing really good but nothing really bad - had a lesson a few weeks back but a cold and work commitments have shelved any real practice. Now that the days are getting longer :shock: things can start to go as planned.

Grunt
24th June 2005, 04:50 PM
Play Mac Grange precept challenge today, 29 points played very well without luck in trying conditions.

Quick greens caused me a few mistakes, read lipouts running 6 feet past hole. Very happy with my ballstriking, straight with gentle fade.

Only mistakes were mine, I can see what I am doing wrong. The light is at the end of the tunnel and the end is not that far away, also the light is not a train. :lol:

Bring on the monthly medal tomorrow. :wink:

Trung
25th June 2005, 11:59 AM
37 points today. :D

Mp32s are all good :P

Grunt
25th June 2005, 01:17 PM
Played Monthly Medal today. The light is getting brighter at the end of the tunnel.

96 gross
72 nett :lol:

3 bad holes and it could have been in the 60's :lol:

I think i just might give that goal a shake by years end. 8)

Davemason
25th June 2005, 05:00 PM
What a crap day of golf played a single-v-par (man I hate that game)
End up with 5- , the front 9 whas ok played to h'cap but the back 9 was a night mare.
But there is always nexk week it's our monthly medal :roll: great

andylo
25th June 2005, 06:33 PM
40 pts with new irons 1st time in play on course. Very happy with it.

Honestly its nothing much to do with the iron, (it help a bit thu) but it was my short game made my day.

Able to chip close to the hole to setup a 1 putt finish and even it needs to be 2 putts its not that far off. (thanks Tez again)

Driver is behaving but I played like bloody Todd Hamilton today.... definitely not my style but the result turn out alright ;)

p.s. Kinda feel like I didn't fail the guys who backed me. Thanks a lot everyone ;)

McMw
25th June 2005, 06:58 PM
damn....40 points!!! well done!!!

had a 75 this arvo....with crappy shots all day...didn't make any putts...missed 2 easy birds...and some really off-cued irons and drivers...
WTF is wrong with me!!! :?

Eag's
25th June 2005, 08:55 PM

Honestly its nothing much to do with the iron, (it help a bit thu) but it was my short game made my day.

Able to chip close to the hole to setup a 1 putt finish and even it needs to be 2 putts its not that far off. (thanks Tez again)

Driver is behaving but I played like bloody Todd Hamilton today.... definitely not my style but the result turn out alright ;)

p.s. Kinda feel like I didn't fail the guys who backed me. Thanks a lot everyone ;)

Well done Andy :smt023 you are on your way now sunshine :smt045

markTHEblake
25th June 2005, 09:33 PM
40 pts with new irons 1st time in play on course. Very happy with it.[/size]

On a golf course that is longer than Whistling Straits thats an amazing score Andylo.

This score deserves a hole by hole breakdown mate.

Fishman Dan
25th June 2005, 10:59 PM
Joined a new club today, and there was a Holden Scramble event on. I payed my subs, went to the Pro Shop and checked out a start. Fully booked except a single no-show - the group tee'd off 20 mins prior, but the pro took me to the 4th tee where i hooked up with them.

Up to then, the old fella's had a par and 2 x bogey. Over the next 15 holes we had +1 off the stick, but it wasn't enough. Nowhere near enough genuine birdie opportunities, getting up'n'down all day.

Good fun, some rain about but no enough to care. I timed my run well though - Scramble this week, next week is Medal day, and next month has rounds 1 & 2 of the club champs.

Davemason
26th June 2005, 05:29 AM

Well done on the 40 pts that H'cap is going to to come down in no time mate .... Watch out Ozgolf champs Alo is going to clean up

terryand
26th June 2005, 06:53 AM
Well done A-Lo. =D> Keep up the good work :smt023

Unlucky in the comp though :? Just saw in the paper some guys in Div.2 had 45 and 43 points :shock:

Terry.

oz
26th June 2005, 07:40 AM
Monthly Medal at Thurgoona yesterday. Course was very wet from the 5 inches of rain we've had in last couple of weeks. My short game deserted me for the day (chipped quite poorly - putted OK), and add in the odd brain fart, and I had a 79 - nett 73, right on the CCR. Actually hit the ball pretty solid for most of the round.

Onewood
26th June 2005, 11:44 AM
Played Logan yesterday for a 15/16=31 points :roll:

No 8's or 9's though :D

Well done Andylo, keep it going 8)

Trung
26th June 2005, 01:12 PM
Had Even today, Par event 8)

terryand
26th June 2005, 04:16 PM
Not sure whether I should be posting here or in Trung's choking thread :?

We all know about the good start and the choke I had at Nudgee last Sunday.Well with that in the back of my mind and a fair idea of why and how to fix it,I went out at Windaroo yesterday not really knowing what to expect :smt017 I had a pretty good driving round at Nudgee on Wednesday,but didn't take advantage of it ](*,)

Another good start was to be had...B,P,B,P,P.....Then driving the 6th to 25 ft,only to have a mini choke and 3 putt for par :evil:

Bogied 7 and 8 :cry: then holed a birdie putt from off the green to turn 1 under :?

Had another birdie and bogey to be 1 under after 14,then....... :oops:

Hit a pure shot on the 15th par 3 to see it fall short and into the water(the wind tricked me into hitting 1 less :evil: )result double.

Then stood on the tee at snake gully with the wind behind :D without going into the ugly details,walked off with triple :evil:

Fom 1 under to 4 over in 2 holes...Not happy :smt011

I managed to stop the choke at just the 2 holes as I was able to finish par,birdie to have 75/68 :?

Should be happy with that ,but it was just a classic case of what if.

Very happy with getting 5 birdies in a round,but to be nullified by 2 bad holes was disappointing :cry:

Don't know whether I shoud just cut and paste this straight into the choke thread :-k oh well I guess the avatar says for another week :-({|=

Terry.

AndyP
26th June 2005, 04:35 PM
Terry, do you really think you are choking? Are you thinking about how well you are going when it turns ugly?
Or are you just having bad holes?

AndyP
26th June 2005, 04:37 PM
25/06/2005, Hills International GC, Stableford (White)

12/14 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
35 putts.
-------------
6 pars.
6 bogeys.
5 doubles.
1 other.

Score 44-47-91 stab 28pts (par 36-36-72)

Was hitting it great off the tee, but unfortunately couldn't capitalise on that with good play from the fairways. The form of the irons of the past couple of weeks just wasn't the same. In fact, there were way too many shots that I hit fat and practically went nowhere. And I let this get to me a bit.
Putting started well, but I had a few frustrating misses mid round and had lost focus on the greens by the end of the round.

All up it was a bit of a frustrating round where my game from the last couple of weeks only got a look in a few times. Probably the round I needed, because I was starting to have expectations about the scores I would be handing in. Now I can go back to just hitting the ball. :)

jimandr
26th June 2005, 04:43 PM
A statistically good round for 36 points on Saturday, but I played worse than the score and stats indicate. Some great recovery play helped a lot.

Fairways = 7 of 14, with a new driver and new swing thoughts :(
GIR= 10 of 18, but some of these a long way from the hole
Putts = 34, three 3 putts, all from very long range, 1 birdie
Up & Down = 3 of 5
Sand Saves = 1 of 3
1 penalty

Next week is the qualifying round for club matchplay. I only need to be top 16. A good round should get there, but a bad round won't.

amanda
26th June 2005, 05:14 PM
Great work Andylo!  Can't wait to see your handicap come down again  :D

Played the qualifying round for a Womens Golf NSW 3ball par event - just missed out by 1  :(  

Played a great round - had a birdie and 4 pars.  Cold topped my first 3 drives  :oops:  but managed to play great from the fairways to be putting for squares (ok - so I only made 1 of them!)

I think everyone knew about my birdie - yell of delight and a little victory dance on a par 3 (the 11th) that people heard for miles around  :D

oh - and met Alice Cooper today (yes - the rock star with animal rights issues) - he was in Sydney for the week and has apparently played all the big names - the Lakes, Australian - and now New Brighton :D Nice guy - seems very mellow - not at all like the guy on stage.

brad
26th June 2005, 05:54 PM
Well after much arm twisting - this is my first post.

First game back after having treatment for my dislocated shoulder and what is it - a par round. I have to use a new cropped swing (about a 50% swing to the top) to stop injuring my shoulder, so it took me 9 holes to get the hang of it with -6 going out but I was square on the way back in. Chipping and putting were pretty good.

As Amanda said, Mr Cooper is actually a very nice guy - oh, he has a handicap of 6.

andylo
26th June 2005, 06:11 PM
Played in Windaroo with Peter_RS and Shazza. Lots of fun, thanks. I enjoy the part all the boys go to right hand side ;)

Shoot 99 and putted 39.... and I WILL NEVER CONSUME ALCOHO ON GOLF COURSE DURING PLAY AGAIN. A can of rum and coke and I was a bit drunk... lost all my concertration and I just lost everything. We start tee off hole #10 and was doing good... get a can of Rum Coke on snake gully... bogey the hole... then acohol decided start working on me and I played absolutely sh1t house until the last remain 3 holes (because I get back to normal) During the period my body movement is not in sync anymore and I can't even see where to ball goes! Can't concertrate anymore and basically can't get anything right! Pathetic! :evil:

Then Kee gave me a ring so we (planned) do another 18 holes for practise (in Logan).... end up played 10 holes because too many ppl on course and its a bit late.

Anyway.... I hitted an 300 meters drive (down hill) on 1st, during 1st 5 holes... PAR, BOGEY, BIRDIE, PAR, PAR.... tee shots are almost perfect, approach shots are good and chip and putt just works! And I was so confident that I will finish 9 holes square to no more than + 2..................

:evil:

On #6.... hit a push slice tee with driver... landed on a dry hazard..... ball on good lie, have clean view to the green and about (new) 4 iron distance
to me.... but according to the rule can't ground the club on ground.... so I just swing it without grounding it... then I forget to do the hip turn (because not get used to NOT grounding on full swing) and hooked the damn thing into the tree and lost ball. Thought sh1t happen ;) Take a drop, just to hook the 9 iron close to green to get a bogey and the ball "tocuhed" a freaking tree branch come from god-know-where-its-from and drop straight down to the fairway. Finish the hole with 7 and finished 9 holes with 9 over..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

To bad I can't swear in forum or I will copy and paste the F word 100 times here.

:evil:

Trung
26th June 2005, 06:17 PM
finished 9 holes with 9 over.....  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Hey, what is wrong with 9 over after 9s? :D

Jono
26th June 2005, 06:36 PM
As Amanda said, Mr Cooper is actually a very nice guy  - oh, he has a handicap of 6.

Hmmm ... I'd be a bit reluctant to say to him, "Mr Cooper, you have to give me two shots" in the fear that he might pull out a gun ... :shock: :lol:

Welcome to the forum, Brad. How did you dislocate your shoulder? Which shoulder? I'm sure you know already, but you should be some rotator cuff exercises to prevent redislocation.

AndyP
26th June 2005, 06:49 PM
Well after much arm twisting - this is my first post.
Welcome to the forum, Brad. :cool: I'm sure this is not your first time reading though.

cazandpaul
26th June 2005, 06:59 PM
Spent all weekend at work but Caz had 39 points on Saturday - she had a lesson on Wednesday which seems to have done the trick. :D

McMw
26th June 2005, 09:47 PM
woah...can't remember the last time I had a quad bogey without a lost ball!!!
can't remember the last time I donalded so many tee shots as well...
can't remember the last time I really didn't care anymore abt the game before the turn...

86 today...3 lost balls (1 nicked)...numerous visits to the left side...

Ignite will be benched for 2 weeks for misbehaviour, and jury's still out on the DFX... :roll: :roll: :roll:

amanda
27th June 2005, 07:23 AM
Jono - I will leave Brad to answer about the dislocated shoulder - but it does have to do with golf 8)

But Alice mentioned that all the aggro and stuff you see on stage is basically his alter-ego these days - gave up on the crazy stuff after he stopped drinking 20 yrs ago - so it's all an act! (but according to those who went to the concert - it is very convincing)

peter_rs
27th June 2005, 08:05 AM
Thanks Andylo for the fun day-

Shazza had a 95 off the stick with 32 putts first time out with new clubs (rac os mens reg).  could have been a lot better but she had fun.  I don't think she missed a fairway with my old cleverand driver and on the 1st out drove all the boys.  

As for me it was my first time out with the s59 and a g2 5 wood.  man oh man what a nice wood.  With its help I was just of or over every par 5 in two and not from fairway lies all the time either eg on 1 st hole I was up on the top of the hill with the ball about 30 cm about my feet. It was about going about 230m of the deck.  Then came the #6 with a tail wind I decided to tee up the g2 (sound effects) :cry: I half skied the ball into the water and have taken some chips out of the crown. :cry: oh well thats life.  Then on the #8 I did a very typical peter thing and played my ball from the brisbane river :wink:.  All in all 34 putts not bad but because I was going for shots my finial score was hit hard 107. with a 12 on the #2 four balls straight right OB and on other holes I lost 8 other balls- including one going for snake gully in two from the rough. :lol: I still had fun.

Andy hit some big drives

The shock of the day came before tee off when andy saw my new clubs and said I was a bigger HO then him :wink:

Fishman Dan
27th June 2005, 08:33 AM
Jono - I will leave Brad to answer about the dislocated shoulder - but it does have to do with golf  8)

But Alice mentioned that all the aggro and stuff you see on stage is basically his alter-ego these days - gave up on the crazy stuff after he stopped drinking 20 yrs ago - so it's all an act!  (but according to those who went to the concert - it is very convincing)

His interview on Enough Rope last week was fantastic. He's gently spoken, and very well mannered outside the on-stage Alice Cooper.

When he first went to LA to get into rock'n'roll, his first 'friends' included some bloke called Jim Morrison and some sheila who went by the name of Janis Joplin. Do you ever wonder how he got side-tracked into a life of drugs and alcohol? :?

Jarro
27th June 2005, 08:44 AM
i like what he said about out-lasting Mick Jagger ..... 8)

markTHEblake
27th June 2005, 10:25 AM
Alice Cooper always has a game at Lakelands when he is iin this part of the world. Perhaps Shavey can let us know when and we can see if we can check out the groupies.

He was supposed to be a 2 or 3 handicap last time he was here, maybe he is getting old.

andylo
27th June 2005, 10:26 AM
Alice.... he??

I don't follow stars... so is that a He or She?

brad
27th June 2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks Jono and AndyP

Yes Alice Cooper is a he. He and his band sang Poison ... although that is the only song I remeber from them.

The shoulder .... :oops: ... well :roll: .. about a year ago I got a little angry at myself on the golf course and .. ahem .. whacked a grassy bump backhanded with my left arm. Turned out to be a rock and my shoulder gave a terrible ripping crack. Shoved it in myself - another crack and a hole later I could feel my arm again. A couple of weeks after that I started noticing a pain in my shoulder when I played and have only recently done something about that - well amanda made me since I was thinking of giving up golf.

markTHEblake
27th June 2005, 04:57 PM
There has gotta be an award for that effort.

brad
27th June 2005, 04:59 PM
There has gotta be an award for that effort.

Maybe something with a lumpy left shoulder and a club wrapped around the head?? :D

Onewood
27th June 2005, 08:29 PM
woah...can't remember the last time I had a quad bogey without a lost ball!!!
can't remember the last time I donalded so many tee shots as well...
can't remember the last time I really didn't care anymore abt the game before the turn...

86 today...3 lost balls (1 nicked)...numerous visits to the left side...

Ignite will be benched for 2 weeks for misbehaviour, and jury's still out on the DFX...  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Mua, I think the only one that can help you is Golfer96 :lol: send him a PM, I'm sure he can walk you through this :wink: :D