PDA

View Full Version : WA: Mt Lawley...Sun 20th Mar (post 12pm)

TourFit
13th March 2011, 11:39 PM
Anyone interested in a social round...? Three slots available.

The following week is the Mt Lawley Classic, so the course should be pretty tip top. The 2 new greens are in play as well.

If interested please PM me your Golflink numbers.

1) TourFit
2) Nuffie
3) Rubin1909
4) Bergsey

ALL DONE & BOOKED! NO MORE SLOTS AVAILABLE...if any of you can't make it please let me know.

Nuffie
14th March 2011, 10:11 AM
I got hockos shafts yesterday with cored grips already on them. If there's a chance you could get the shafts in the CG7s this week, I'll come for the social round, otherwise might have to have a few weeks off until they are done.

What's your capacity ATM fit?

TourFit
14th March 2011, 10:39 AM
460cc...that's the allowable maximum!

Will have to see what the start of the week is like Nuff. You also have to get the shafts to me for a start...and depending on that, it will determine whether it can be done by weeks end!

bergsey
14th March 2011, 12:52 PM
I could be interested but will be dependant on whether i can get a game Saturday at the club. Can you put me in pencil please unless there are other definate starters...

Nuffie
14th March 2011, 01:30 PM
I could be interested but will be dependant on whether i can get a game Saturday at the club. Can you put me in pencil please unless there are other definate starters...

Will be good to catch up again Bergsey. It's been ages since we last had a hit.

TourFit for the following weekend's classic, GL is 6010500129.

TourFit
14th March 2011, 03:25 PM
WHOA...hold on Nuff, don't think I can get you on for the Classic!

I've been booked for nearly two weeks, so I don't think there will be any spots left for it.

TourFit
14th March 2011, 03:29 PM
I just read the 'new' OP...

What d'ya reckon the chances are of filling the other TWO slots with the names TourFit & Nuffie at the top of the list...? :roll:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

rubin
14th March 2011, 03:33 PM
I'll be in for that mate.

I'll attempt to bring a decent level of golf as well...... cant make any promises though.

GL: 6800300292

Nuffie
14th March 2011, 03:47 PM
WHOA...hold on Nuff, don't think I can get you on for the Classic!

I've been booked for nearly two weeks, so I don't think there will be any spots left for it.

Yer dat sounds about typical. Every man and his dog prob wants to get onto mt lawley. Guess it's worth a try fit. I will repay you with some clubmaking business :)

bergsey
14th March 2011, 04:14 PM
I will be able to confirm tonight

TourFit
14th March 2011, 04:31 PM
Cool...thanks Bergsey.

rubin
14th March 2011, 04:55 PM
should be good.

never played there before though. Was meant to last year, but came down sick as a dog 2 days prior. From what I can see, it looks to be a fairly rewarding course.

Veefore
14th March 2011, 10:04 PM
should be good.

never played there before though. Was meant to last year, but came down sick as a dog 2 days prior. From what I can see, it looks to be a fairly rewarding course.

I found it very rewarding last year. $1,250 worth. :)

Johnny Canuck
14th March 2011, 10:49 PM
But you only sold it for around $800. Don't forget depreciation.

Rubin, I hope you're a good listener, or good at pretending. Tip for playing Lawley with Fit and Nuffie: Tee off last. If they hit left, aim right. They hit right, aim left. One right, one left, pretend you're injured and go home.

rubin
14th March 2011, 10:54 PM

Rubin, I hope you're a good listener, or good at pretending. Tip for playing Lawley with Fit and Nuffie: Tee off last. If they hit left, aim right. They hit right, aim left. One right, one left, pretend you're injured and go home.

The driver has come on fire recently, so maybe the plan will be to launch it over the top of them.

Also the good ol' smile::lol:
nod::-|
and pretend!:smt020

Honestly though, how much worse can I play than what I do at KB. At least its relatively flat, and I wont lose a ball to a snake, bluetongue, the nudist beach, or some other form of over vegetation.

bergsey
14th March 2011, 11:10 PM
i'm in .. thanks TF !

GL 6012104458

TourFit
14th March 2011, 11:17 PM
OK then...thanks guys for the quick replies.

"...Ghostrider, the pattern is full"

Unfortunately, for you blokes the guest fee is $40! Tee off is at 12.10pm. See you there.

MegaWatty
15th March 2011, 01:02 AM
$40 to play one of Australia's premier courses? I'd call it a bargain.

Yossarian
15th March 2011, 01:17 AM
Step up from whaleback mate!

Veefore
15th March 2011, 10:23 AM

I knew someone would mention that. :)

The money is long gone so I like to remember it as $1250, it sounds better and it's almost kinda nearly fairly true.

Nuffie
15th March 2011, 11:51 AM
Rubin, you will enjoy Mt Lawley.

There is a lot to get used to about KB, in terms of keeping driver straight in that wind and avoiding all the thick stuff.

ML is very relaxed and parkland, sets up real well.

Beautiful couch fairways and boasts great relaxing and enjoyable vibes.

I played it my first time in 2007 when the par 64 summer track was in play, if only they said so when I rang up, I would have stayed in bed.

But the second time around there a year ago when the whole course was open, it felt a pleasure to play.

OK then...thanks guys for the quick replies.

"...Ghostrider, the pattern is full"

Unfortunately, for you blokes the guest fee is $40! Tee off is at 12.10pm. See you there.

$40 is truly a bargain, and it is a much shorter drive (or should I say "walk") away than The Cut.

Fit, what a movie (with some slight Nuffster edits):

JESTER: "Competition for the OZ-gun trophy remains tight, 1st place Iceman, second place Maverick, just two points behind..."
GOOSE: "Great balls of fire!"
HONDO: "If you screw up just this much, you'lll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh1t outta ML"
MAVERICK "Yes, sir!"
HONDO: "That is all, Fit you can tell me about Carnoustie some other time. Gentlemen.... good luck gentlemen."

Yossarian
15th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Beautiful couch fairways and boasts great relaxing and enjoyable vibes.

I and I is feeling pretty good eh mon?

Nuffie
15th March 2011, 12:25 PM
I and I is feeling pretty good eh mon?

Ya mon, jamaica we 'ava bobsled team

TourFit
15th March 2011, 12:26 PM
Hey Yoss, WTFRU...?

Yossarian
15th March 2011, 01:44 PM
I woke up late.

bergsey
17th March 2011, 12:37 AM
TF, are they still using sand buckets at ML ?

If so will need to dig out the sand attachment thingo for my carry bag. Actually bought it at the pro shop there many years ago but never use it now that WAGC got rid of the sand

Golfnut
17th March 2011, 01:15 AM
Is it "knock in your divot" at WAGC bergsey?

Johnny Canuck
17th March 2011, 09:32 AM
No Nut. It's leave a giant crater so that course workers have something to do.

bergsey
17th March 2011, 10:27 AM
Is it "knock in your divot" at WAGC bergsey?

Yep, course condition has improved since they got rid of the sand filled craters. Still a challenge to get people to chop in their divots - to do it properly there is quite a bit of chopping in to do.

Mind you this is with Kike fairways

Golfnut
17th March 2011, 11:20 AM
That was my thinking bergsey....I've only seen this at Cott which is also kyk fairways and yeah it does require some effort to chop in the divot properly......lord only knows what it does for the L & L's of soft forgings.

TourFit
17th March 2011, 04:35 PM
TF, are they still using sand buckets at ML ?

If so will need to dig out the sand attachment thingo for my carry bag. Actually bought it at the pro shop there many years ago but never use it now that WAGC got rid of the sand

Still sand buckets...(do what simmsy does & carry a 600ml Gatorade bottle). There are plenty of places around the course to refill.

Our course is couch, so the growth of the divot doesn't repair like kike. (That is the one thing kike IS good for). The sand just helps to keep the ground level, otherwise when it eventually grows back the fairway is about as uneven as a teenagers face!

Yossarian
17th March 2011, 04:59 PM
That was my thinking bergsey....I've only seen this at Cott which is also kyk fairways and yeah it does require some effort to chop in the divot properly......lord only knows what it does for the L & L's of soft forgings.

How hard are you chopping it in? Maybe use your dodgy lob wedge instead ;)

TourFit
17th March 2011, 05:14 PM
Funny...that 'giveaway', dodgy lob wedge seems to be his favourite club ! :-s

Maybe 'cos it was free. THE ULTIMATE LOWBALL. :mrgreen: