PDA

View Full Version : Hocko and Nuff get a golfing lesson!

hocko
8th March 2011, 11:01 PM
All in one day boys....now thats a game of golf!
It's all happening this Sunday
Get your tickets now

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 11:02 PM
Location?

hocko
8th March 2011, 11:03 PM
Wanneroo.

MegaWatty
8th March 2011, 11:09 PM
Matchplay orgy!

hocko
8th March 2011, 11:10 PM
You love it......want to put your keys in the bowl?

MegaWatty
8th March 2011, 11:12 PM
LOL. It's a KIA.

hocko
8th March 2011, 11:13 PM
You know as well as i do that it's not the car you drive!

adlo
8th March 2011, 11:16 PM
Nuff and Chopper side by side will make quite a photo.

hocko
8th March 2011, 11:27 PM
This is true...he would fit into qbn's shirt sleeve.
No offence Tony, it's more the fact that Nuff is a bit little.

rubin
8th March 2011, 11:30 PM
This is true...he would fit into qbn's shirt sleeve.
No offence Tony, it's more the fact that Nuff is a bit little.

:smt038:smt038

i've got to say that this is by far the funniest time i've had on this forum.

WAnkers are on fire tonight. 100%

hocko
8th March 2011, 11:31 PM
:smt038:smt038

i've got to say that this is by far the funniest time i've had on this forum.

WAnkers are on fire tonight. 100%
Have a G and T and chill.....Winston.

hocko
10th March 2011, 09:33 AM
It's all booked gents.
0712 Sunday morning at Wannaroo.
Veeman already has an advantage as i will have to leave at about 4 in the morning to get there on time.
Is this a good day to try a new driver?

Pieface
10th March 2011, 04:51 PM
Good timing lads. Sounds like they are coring and sanding there next week!

qbnchopper
10th March 2011, 07:45 PM
No offence taken !!! LOL !!! Is he as little as I am wide ??? When can I start sledging - or is it a rule that I need to meet someone first ??? :-)

hocko
10th March 2011, 07:47 PM
Sledge whenever you wish....and yes, still hitting the Z-Star....YELLOW

qbnchopper
10th March 2011, 09:24 PM

A mate of mine plays with them and rates them too - I tried the non diseased z-star x and thought it was pretty good ....

Sledge hmmm ...

Veefore
10th March 2011, 10:42 PM

Veeman is probably still using the Z Star yellow that he won at the Secret Harbour golf day last year (or was it the year before?) :)

Nuffie
10th March 2011, 11:05 PM
Looking fwd to this lads, the course last week was the best Ive ever seen it. The nuffster bag is now armed with two new Cleveland CG16 gunmetal wedges, replacing the 4 year old 588s yesterday - traded at the golfbox carpark sale. What a convenient lunch break that was... Also have a new rife blade GROOVED putter purchased from Mt Lawley pro shop.

Yes, the Scotty has been put on the reserve bench.

I might be little in stature but my hearts as big as a lion's :mrgreen: raaaaaah! Let's hope this weeks matchplay gets the game back on track where it belongs.

simmsy
10th March 2011, 11:15 PM
you buy the bimini Nuff?

sswwweeeeeetttt!

idgolfguy
10th March 2011, 11:17 PM
If Nuff goes down, another thread about a new swing coming up.

Nuffie
10th March 2011, 11:19 PM
Can take some guys from Bedford if they want (that have to travel further than me). Veeman left his car at my place last time we played at Wanneroo.

Nuffie
10th March 2011, 11:22 PM
you buy the bimini Nuff?

sswwweeeeeetttt!

Yep, felt and looked the best out of 20 putters I tried. Have been wanting to get a grooved putter since playing at shellharbour 3 years ago.

simmsy
10th March 2011, 11:25 PM
they roll sooooo nice man! i'll have to have a go at the bimini when i next see you.

Nuffie
10th March 2011, 11:32 PM
If Nuff goes down, another thread about a new swing coming up.

There's nothing wrong with the current one when its executed right. Just has a few kinks that need to be straightened out. It's not far off and rejuvenated confidence is helping...

Nuffie
10th March 2011, 11:41 PM
they roll sooooo nice man! i'll have to have a go at the bimini when i next see you.

That's the idea Simmsy. I've never been a good 'roller' of the ball with shorter putts, which makes the ball skidd more and wobble off it's axis when losing pace near the hole - making it run offline and miss too often. My Scotty just bumps it fwd as most of my previous putters have and the newport 2.5 has actually been going worse since cutting it down. Have lost distance control on long putts and struggle to take it back straight with short ones. The putting has been woeful for a while.

Now with a 35 inch putter again, my backswing is shorter and so easier to take it back on line and can feel the weight to judge pace better, not to mention the advantage of the grooves. It should be another change for the better. Let's see how it goes...

veeman
10th March 2011, 11:44 PM
Dont worry I have to leave at 5am too
couldnt we get the game a little later Nuff

It's all booked gents.
0712 Sunday morning at Wannaroo.
Veeman already has an advantage as i will have to leave at about 4 in the morning to get there on time.
Is this a good day to try a new driver?

Nuffie
10th March 2011, 11:55 PM
Dont worry I have to leave at 5am too
couldnt we get the game a little later Nuff

Course was fully booked after we took the last slot of four, when I called up yesterday. It will be worth the trip and early start. Last week, it was magic. Come via mine and you can have a quick snooze on the way. I'll keep things quiet just for you?

Johnny Canuck
11th March 2011, 01:00 AM
Course was fully booked after we took the last slot of four, when I called up yesterday. It will be worth the trip and early start. Last week, it was magic. Come via mine and you can have a quick snooze on the way. I'll keep things quiet just for you?

Impossible.

hocko
11th March 2011, 09:32 AM
Just a note about "gimme putts". Seeing we are playing in the comp are gimme putts counted in the comp score?
Otherwise there is no point giving putts to your opponent when he has to putt out anyway.
This takes one of the great mind games out of the game of matchplay.

Nuffie
11th March 2011, 10:16 AM
Impossible.

Does $5 say so?

Nuffie
11th March 2011, 10:18 AM
Just a note about "gimme putts". Seeing we are playing in the comp are gimme putts counted in the comp score?
Otherwise there is no point giving putts to your opponent when he has to putt out anyway.

We will have to putt out as it is comp. I have no issue with it as we are also playing for a score. Matchplay often helps to shoot better ones too.

Johnny Canuck
11th March 2011, 11:26 AM

You've been hanging out with Fit too long if you are going to use gimmies in a comp.

Does $5 say so?

No. OzGolfers say so.

qbnchopper
11th March 2011, 03:43 PM
I'll be looking for a greyhound, a gentleman of slighter stature and veeman on Sunday morning at about 645 or so .... I will be the blimp wearing a titleist bucket and carrying a light blue carry bag ....

Unfortunately, while I'd like to announce my arrival in the 27year old mazda RX7, as I did at WAGC a couple of months back, I wont be able to do so this weekend (as I blew a water seal on the ****en thing ....). Anyone got a 13B or 12A motor or bits they are looking to sell ....

MegaWatty
11th March 2011, 03:56 PM
Blew a seal? I thought it was just ice cream!

Veefore
11th March 2011, 04:13 PM
Blew a seal? I thought it was just ice cream!

:shock:

:mrgreen:

qbnchopper
11th March 2011, 07:42 PM
:shock:

Ahhh a bit obscure for me ....

hocko
11th March 2011, 07:55 PM
We will have to putt out as it is comp. I have no issue with it as we are also playing for a score. Matchplay often helps to shoot better ones too.
No one asked you square bear.
I think if you give a putt then it counts in comp!
Otherwise we shouldn't play matchplay and the comp.
Nuff, your comment about "Matchplay often helps to shoot better ones too" is absolute rubbish, it's a game of tactics and you play against another player, not the golf course.

MegaWatty
11th March 2011, 08:03 PM
You can't play gimmes in a comp.

simmsy
11th March 2011, 08:08 PM
for mine, you are all going up there to play MP, play the gimmies so what if you all DQ the comp. it's MP ffs!

hocko
11th March 2011, 08:20 PM
for mine, you are all going up there to play MP, play the gimmies so what if you all DQ the comp. it's MP ffs!
Thankyou.

MegaWatty
11th March 2011, 08:22 PM
It's one or the other. Pretty simple.

hocko
11th March 2011, 08:23 PM
Agreed, very simple.

We are playing matchplay.

MegaWatty
11th March 2011, 08:27 PM
Or, just putt out. Not my favourite way of playing, but it is only for a bar in your signature. You'll be pissed if you shoot a blinder and not play the comp.

Johnny Canuck
11th March 2011, 08:43 PM
How can you play gimmies in a comp, Hocko?

I know why you want to, I've seen you miss a 1 inch putt. Man, id wasn't pleased with you when it happened.

Don't worry about gimmies. You're playing Veeman. The only thing he'll give you is $50 for your putter if he likes it.

sms316
11th March 2011, 08:48 PM
No offence taken !!! LOL !!! Is he as little as I am wide ??? When can I start sledging - or is it a rule that I need to meet someone first ??? :-)

Never stopped you before you Struggle Town reject.

MegaWatty
11th March 2011, 08:51 PM
Struggle Town. :) It will forever be known as that and it never gets old!

Nuffie
11th March 2011, 09:45 PM
How can you play gimmies in a comp, Hocko?

I know why you want to, I've seen you miss a 1 inch putt. Man, id wasn't pleased with you when it happened.

Don't worry about gimmies. You're playing Veeman. The only thing he'll give you is $50 for your putter if he likes it.

I'm happy to putt out. If hocko is happy to play gimmes then he can. I'm looking fwd to hocko and veemans much prob even more than mine. Veeman had a good score last week and so did hocko.

What are you off these days qbn?

Nuffie
11th March 2011, 09:50 PM

Why sqr bear???? Lol...

Nuffie
11th March 2011, 10:01 PM
I think if you give a putt then it counts in comp!
Otherwise we shouldn't play matchplay and the comp.
Nuff, your comment about "Matchplay often helps to shoot better ones too" is absolute rubbish, it's a game of tactics and you play against another player, not the golf course.

It depends on what tactics you choose. Some days I've played steady boring golf with no risk, have scored super and rolled my opponent.

Other days have taken risks left right and centre, scored poorly and still won.

Whatever the case, nothings worse than wasting a good score and historically for me in matchplay, it has quite often happened.

It is different for everyone though... You definitely can make more risky plays hocko as you hit it a lot further than me. Most of the time, steady golf has get me through and the consistency leads to low numbers.

Yossarian
11th March 2011, 10:21 PM
What simmsy said, if you don't hole out you ain't in the comp.

Johnny Canuck
11th March 2011, 10:23 PM
Nuffster,

Do you need a multi-quote refresher course?

simmsy
11th March 2011, 10:25 PM
What simmsy said, if you don't hole out you ain't in the comp.

...and who really cares if you don't score in the comp? it's about beating your opponent and winning a cpl of dollars in skins perhaps, most of us play enough comp golf to not worry about one score and the day was organized as a MP round - gimmies are tactics and you would be taking some tactics away perhaps if that is how you wanted to play.

my 2 shillings worth.

Nuffie
12th March 2011, 12:26 AM
Nuffster,

Do you need a multi-quote refresher?

Nah, just thought I'd try boost my post count a bit until someone finally asked y I wasnt using the multiple-quoting thingy magiggy :)

hocko
12th March 2011, 08:16 PM
Heading off in an hour to do a gig for an engagement party, I'm thinking we may have to get the Karaoke machine going early otherwise i may be very messy for this match!

simmsy
12th March 2011, 09:51 PM
by do a gig, do you mean you are one of those blow up stick man things that wave there arms in the air everywhere?

Johnny Canuck
12th March 2011, 09:57 PM
Simply awesome!

adlo
12th March 2011, 10:31 PM
Possibly the funniest post the Old Man has ever made.

Love your work OMS.

Johnny Canuck
12th March 2011, 10:34 PM
Easily the funniest. The blue one actually looks like Hocko.

simmsy
13th March 2011, 12:54 AM
thank you, i have had a little laugh at this i must admit, though careful JC the red one could be you if we put a little afro on top.

Yossarian
13th March 2011, 01:00 AM
Very well played there simmsy.

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2011, 02:15 AM
A lot closer to your skin tone, mate.

TourFit
13th March 2011, 08:43 AM
simmsy...AWESOME!

About as stable as hocko in the wind too.

Nuffie
13th March 2011, 03:22 PM
The wind certainly made things interesting today.

I would like to congratulate Qbnchopper on a fantastic performance. He managed to roll me 7 and 5 today, with consumate ease. It was lovely to meet you finally after a few weeks of preparations in the making. I didn't play terrible today, managed only one wipe but had a lot of bogeys, missed up and downs, missed greens and fairways. With a few changes going on, I never expected much different so am not too fussed. Qbn putted extremely well, scrambled from everywhere and was very consistent all day. Would have had to be at my absolute best to survive - giving 8 shots away, considering how well he played.

Veeman was once again showing off the form that has made him in recent times one of hartfield's best matchplay exponents. His putting and chipping was consistent as always, his driving as steady as ever. I think he got up over Hocko in a similar scoreline to our match.

Gee, I wonder if Veeman could end up playing JC in the next round??? I will be there to see that if it happens that's for sure...

Thanks to hocko for the KBS shafts. I will fix u up through the week mate.

Wanneroo played great and the company was fantastic. Thanks very much for a great day lads.

veeman
13th March 2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks Hocko for the game it was enjoyable

Well done Qbnchopper good win, Unlucky Nuff once you sort out everything it wont be to long before you start shoting some good scores

Wanneroo is a good course, and will play it again

Thanks Guys for the game

Yossarian
13th March 2011, 05:59 PM
Well done winners.

Unlucky losers!

qbnchopper
13th March 2011, 06:16 PM
Never stopped you before you Struggle Town reject.

True SMS, true .... :(:(

qbnchopper
13th March 2011, 06:23 PM
Had a great day with good company and waneroo was a treat. It was great to meet some other Ozgolfers and have a nice time together - thanks boys !!!

Unfotunately, Hocko and the Nuff didn't bring their best games - but there were patches of brilliance from both of them, just not as consistent as the two tones (I must say that we had a considerable weight advantage on our opponents). To be fair to Nuff, I had a pretty good day with the flatstick and didn't get in too much trouble so had a game rolling on ... I think I've had my good round !

Again thanks guys and thanks for organising Nuff !!!

Veefore
13th March 2011, 06:28 PM
Congrats Veeman and Qbn, commiserations Hocko and Nuffster.

hocko
13th March 2011, 07:33 PM
I don't think we should post stableford scores!

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2011, 07:47 PM
Hocko got rolled playing off 8? Wow! Hacko it is.

Congrats guys.

hocko
13th March 2011, 07:53 PM
7 thnakyou and i had an absolute shocker.
Have not played this bad since the Beige Cardigan Open.
I will say that i did use a new driver today that may need some getting used to (or changing) and also had my iron lofts bent on Friday and had no idea how far they would go.
However, i was beaten convincingly fair and square and cannot take that way from Tony.
Better golf on the day.

Pieface
13th March 2011, 08:32 PM
Well done to the winners. Hard luck to those who have joined me on the matchplay scrapheap.

Have a good look at yourself Nuff. You were my smokey and you've let me down!

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2011, 08:33 PM
Scores?

Nuffie
13th March 2011, 08:50 PM
Scores?

Veeman - 32
Qbnchopper - 29
Nuffiedachopperman - 28
Hocko - afraid to mention but have full sympathy

Nuffie
13th March 2011, 08:55 PM

Yep, 6 months ago I had the game on a string and was pushing above my weight with ease. Now since not being able to play Hartfield after work anymore, good scoring has submerged.

It has to get better, but maybe a 6 hcp is as good as it's gonna be for a while...

adlo
13th March 2011, 09:06 PM
Good timing lads. Sounds like they are coring and sanding there next week!

Why do you know this and is it an accurate statement?

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2011, 09:08 PM
Well done to the winners. Hard luck to those who have joined me on the matchplay scrapheap.

Johnny Miller thinks that Nuffie will never be the same after crumbling down the stretch in the semi finals last year.

Veeman - 32
Qbnchopper - 29
Nuffiedachopperman - 28
Hocko - afraid to mention but have full sympathy

Don't be afraid Nuffster.

Does it start with a 2 or a 1?

Nuffie
13th March 2011, 09:22 PM
Johnny Miller thinks that Nuffie will never be the same after crumbling down the stretch in the semi finals last year.

He actually NTQ'd coz he picked up multiple times and decided not to play comp. Not sure what he ended up with...

With regards to the Johnny Miller quote, I started the new job in the city on Nov 16, after our match at KB. If anything, that loss actually motivated me even more for a month or so, when carting a 3, 5 and then a 6 card soon after. It was since mid-december when the wayward shots all started coming and it hasn't let up, even though I've been hitting balls quite often and chipping/putting at maylands.

I guess it proves that range time is only a bandaid solution for replacing course time - once a week on the course is just not enough for the mind and you just cant remain match-hardened...

hocko
14th March 2011, 09:23 AM

He actually NTQ'd coz he picked up multiple times and decided not to play comp. Not sure what he ended up with...

This is not quite true, i only picked up when i ran out of shots which happened to be on 8 holes! 4 wipes on the front and 4 on the back......man was I in form.
I finished up with an embarassing 18 points, hit one fairway and had 6 three putt holes........chopped it badly.

Yossarian
14th March 2011, 09:45 AM
It is ok Choppo I had 14 points once!

Pieface
14th March 2011, 10:32 AM
Why do you know this and is it an accurate statement?

My social club had an away game booked there for the coming weekend. The club called them to advise they were coring this week and the game has been rescheduled for late April. That is what I was told. The veracity of the statement is unknown.

Don't worry Hacko. I dream of attending an Ozgolf outing and actually getting to 18 points!

Nuffie
14th March 2011, 12:03 PM
Was just talking to my supervisor at work today and they were laughing at how downhill my golf has gone since "the ace".

As they are so happy with the way things are going in the new job, I now have an early finish one afternoon a week :)

Don't worry Pieman, ozgolf champs and good golf isn't far off. We will have to play some rounds together that weekend for sure.

Can't wait to play Binningup and Bunbury for the first time, also Mandurah again - loved that course.

Veefore
14th March 2011, 02:50 PM
On the weekend I rode past the Sanctuary, Bunbury GC, Binningup, Harvey, Collie and one other golf course I can't remember. At no time did I wish I was there instead of where I was. I think I might finally be cured of the golf bug.

Golfnut
14th March 2011, 06:49 PM
Sad day V4.....I always get a little bit excited when I pass a golf course no matter how crap it may be, when that dies I'll be selling my clubs I think or putting them in storage for a while.

simmsy
14th March 2011, 07:43 PM
i drove down to MR the other week, i still get chills going past Binningup and Capel

adlo
14th March 2011, 08:28 PM
Sanctuary I can understand.

Golfnut
14th March 2011, 08:53 PM
Does anyone actually rate the Sanctuary?
Played it a couple of Friday's ago on a corporate day....Yes, it's short but I didn't think it was a bad track, back 9 started with some very ordinary basic holes but improved as we went on.....I thought the front 9 though was quite good.

adlo
14th March 2011, 09:34 PM
Short- suits your criteria 'nut.

Nope, don't rate it. Bunbury GC is minutes away, there is no excuse to play the Sanctuary.

Golfnut
14th March 2011, 09:57 PM
...... there is no excuse to play the Sanctuary.

Good to see you carrying the whole 'snob thing' through to your course assessments too mate ;)

Yossarian
14th March 2011, 10:22 PM
It is a pretty awful course.

adlo
14th March 2011, 11:29 PM
Good to see you carrying the whole 'snob thing' through to your course assessments too mate ;)

I don't follow. Are you talking some sort of wog-lowball dialect?

Johnny Canuck
14th March 2011, 11:41 PM

Golfnut
14th March 2011, 11:42 PM
I don't follow. Are you talking some sort of wog-lowball dialect?

No, just a 'wog-lowball outsider' looking in..........loving your music reviews though.

hocko
14th March 2011, 11:44 PM
Hasn't this thread turned into the usual WA drivvle!

Golfnut
14th March 2011, 11:46 PM
It is a pretty awful course.

Surely it's not that bad, I've seen much worse..........anyway, my bad, wrong thread.

MegaWatty
14th March 2011, 11:50 PM
Hi.

Golfnut
14th March 2011, 11:52 PM
Hasn't this thread turned into the usual WA drivvle!

Hi.

......now it's bound to..

MegaWatty
14th March 2011, 11:53 PM
You're welcome.

Veefore
15th March 2011, 09:37 AM
I played Sanctuary when it first opened. most of the trees were still staked and less than head high. You could see the whole golf course from the club house (except the two holes behind the houses along estuary drive). I thought it was fun at the time (I played off 21 back then) and made me think of a "rip off" of the Queensland resort style course.

it would be interesting to play it again and see how I rate it now. FWIW, Harvey is supposed to be a hidden gem. A few of the Hartfield players I know head down there when the greens at harty are being cored. A 27 hole day with 18 at Harvey then 9 at Binningup (less than 20 minutes away) would make for a great day.

Yossarian
15th March 2011, 09:44 AM
GN for what you pay Sanctuary is pretty bad IMO. I don't mind an awful cheap course but I think they are a bit rich in asking what they do for what they present. A few of the holes are quite teddible.

Harvey is nice. Bit rough though. Capel or Pinjarra are much nicer IMO.

Johnny Canuck
15th March 2011, 01:01 PM
Harvey was not in its normal shape the day we played it Yoss. Normally it is much nicer.

Golfnut
15th March 2011, 10:15 PM
GN for what you pay Sanctuary is pretty bad IMO. I don't mind an awful cheap course but I think they are a bit rich in asking what they do for what they present. A few of the holes are quite teddible.

Incidentally, what do you pay for a round there? With all the corporate lashings of the day I didn't get a chance to check out the prices there.

Yossarian
15th March 2011, 10:18 PM
From memory about 20 bucks for 9. On a weekday.

adlo
15th March 2011, 11:22 PM
No, just a 'wog-lowball outsider' looking in..........loving your music reviews though.

I'm sorry Golfnut, I didn't realise having an opinion equated to snobbery. That must be a rule in the Golfnut house. Along with never play golf on a weekend if it conflicts with your wifes kitchen tea. My bad.

Shadesy
16th March 2011, 11:45 AM
From memory about 20 bucks for 9. On a weekday.

You get Recips Now Yoss! :-)

Nuffie
16th March 2011, 05:17 PM
You get Recips Now Yoss! :-)

Yep, Sanctuary and Sun City are WA reciprocals for Kennedy Bay members from memory.

Wouldn't mind playing Harvey just for the sake of it - another course to the memory banks

Golfnut
16th March 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm sorry Golfnut, I didn't realise having an opinion equated to snobbery. That must be a rule in the Golfnut house. Along with never play golf on a weekend if it conflicts with your wifes kitchen tea. My bad.

Apology accepted :roll:.....but to say "there is no excuse to play the Sanctuary." is not really an opinion.....we had a corporate day out there which is more a reason than an excuse and like I said in a previous post, I had the most enjoyable day out in my 3yrs of playing this game. Yes the course was not exactly world class but I can list almost a dozen worse courses than this around the metro/southern area.

FYI. Sunday is family day for me and I like it that way, after all we're "wogs" so family time is important to us. :D Saturday golf is fine every now and then but I don't usually bother as the rounds are too slow, there's nothing worse than 5+hr rounds no mater how good or crap a course is imo.

BTW, I was serious about enjoying your music reviews/recommendations, doesn't hurt for a Freo wog to broaden his horizons musically speaking.....there's only so much Patrizio Buanne one can handle.

Have we kissed and made up now?

Johnny Canuck
16th March 2011, 11:41 PM
I thought you were complaining about the sit down Sunday thing a few weeks ago. Get on a rotating schedule where you can family it up on either Sat or Sunday. It works much better.

Golfnut
16th March 2011, 11:44 PM
No wasn't complaining, just wondering if it still existed out there.....apparently not from most of the responses.

Johnny Canuck
17th March 2011, 12:02 AM
Sunday is the normal family day, but we spend it out doing random things. Sitting around the house can get a bit boring.

Golfnut
17th March 2011, 12:13 AM
We're usually out most of the day too, pancakes for brekky, church in the morning (if I get me arse out of bed), lunch at the MIL's then visit my olds or bit of a drive with the kids or Kings Park.....stuff like that.

Johnny Canuck
17th March 2011, 12:30 AM
Church? What's that?

Golfnut
17th March 2011, 12:37 AM
:lol: Don't know, just grown up always going ..... didn't seem to do any harm.

How do you expect God to help you out on that 'clinch putt' if you don't give him a bit of time every now & then ;) (now I sound like one of those church billboards)

Hogan's Bogan
17th March 2011, 12:56 AM
How do you expect God to help you out on that 'clinch putt' if you don't give him a bit of time every now & then ;) (now I sound like one of those church billboards)

To mis-quote Lee Trevino - when God can hit a 1 iron, then I'll give him some time to help me with my golf.

TourFit
17th March 2011, 03:48 PM

I've been playin' golf a LONG time...I have said many a 'prayer' on the course, too.

But NEVER have I been visited by God whilst on a golf course. My assumption, therefore, is that he does not exist. That is based on the fact that it is there (the golf course) where I need him most, and yet he still does not answer.

(Then again, maybe his communication system is run by Telstra...or he has Vista as his operating system!)

rubin
17th March 2011, 03:55 PM
does 'Fu**in' Jes** Chri**' count as a prayer?

Golfnut
17th March 2011, 06:19 PM
I've been playin' golf a LONG time...I have said many a 'prayer' on the course, too.

But NEVER have I been visited by God whilst on a golf course. My assumption, therefore, is that he does not exist. That is based on the fact that it is there (the golf course) where I need him most, and yet he still does not answer.

(Then again, maybe his communication system is run by Telstra...or he has Vista as his operating system!)

LMAO :lol:

Hogan's Bogan
17th March 2011, 06:43 PM
Best not to invoke religion too much. I'm reading Dawkins at the mo, and even suggesting religion might have a loophole or two is asking for trouble. But while we're on that tack, the invention of golf is surely proof god is one sick and twisted woman.

Yossarian
17th March 2011, 06:50 PM
I go to church every sunday and pray for Tourfit to keep playing bad golf.

adlo
17th March 2011, 09:30 PM
Apology accepted :roll:.....but to say "there is no excuse to play the Sanctuary." is not really an opinion.....we had a corporate day out there which is more a reason than an excuse and like I said in a previous post, I had the most enjoyable day out in my 3yrs of playing this game. Yes the course was not exactly world class but I can list almost a dozen worse courses than this around the metro/southern area.

FYI. Sunday is family day for me and I like it that way, after all we're "wogs" so family time is important to us. :D Saturday golf is fine every now and then but I don't usually bother as the rounds are too slow, there's nothing worse than 5+hr rounds no mater how good or crap a course is imo.

BTW, I was serious about enjoying your music reviews/recommendations, doesn't hurt for a Freo wog to broaden his horizons musically speaking.....there's only so much Patrizio Buanne one can handle.

Have we kissed and made up now?
Yep, all valid points 'nut, just winding you up!

One of the best times I've ever had on a golf course have been on average tracks but with the best of company. However, for me, there is no excuse to play the Sanctuary... being a Bunbury member and all.

To mis-quote Lee Trevino - when God can hit a 1 iron, then I'll give him some time to help me with my golf.
A Lee Trevino quote I read the other day. "There are two things you can do with your head down, play golf and pray".

Best not to invoke religion too much. I'm reading Dawkins at the mo, and even suggesting religion might have a loophole or two is asking for trouble. But while we're on that tack, the invention of golf is surely proof god is one sick and twisted woman.
Gold.

I go to church every sunday and pray for Tourfit to keep playing bad golf.
More gold.

Excellent thread.