PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth taking my sticks to Darwin?

MegaWatty
7th March 2011, 07:29 PM
Apart from seeing the giant dick and balls, is it worth leaving a day earlier to go and play a round at Darwin before I spend a week there?

TourFit
7th March 2011, 07:43 PM
Apart from seeing the giant dick and balls...

Remember to take some pics for Yoss.

markTHEblake
7th March 2011, 07:49 PM
IMHO Its worth taking your sticks anywhere there is a golf course. Get out there, enjoy the company, like most normal golf clubs its got a good social atmosphere.

I think the main members comp is a Sunday instead of Saturday, its a Thomson/Wolveridge design, on absolutely flat ground, but all the greens are elevated up and mounded considerably all around in a good way. I hope you do not slice, 12,13,14 all OB hard right and If you hook, plenty of windows to hit. AndyP has played it recently he would be able to comment on the actual condition.

I am not sure about Palmerston GC as it was only 9 holes when I was there. Even though it is 18 holes now, I still doubt it is a superior course, but it is different, and a lot further away from the city. Personally if it was just one game of Golf you would be better of playing Darwin.

AndyP
7th March 2011, 07:57 PM
IMHO Its worth taking your sticks anywhere there is a golf course.
This.

Humpty Doo is an option too. I really enjoyed having a hit there.

timinsa
20th March 2011, 10:37 PM
I always take my bats & have a hit in town. It's a quirky track with some unusual holes..

qbnchopper
20th March 2011, 10:43 PM
Darwin is fun go for it - dont bother with the Air Force base track ...