PDA

View Full Version : Finished !!! Total $805 Fundraiser for the Leon Treadwell Memorial Golf Day.

goughy
4th March 2011, 10:33 AM
***OK, this is the last day for donations. We need enough time to transfer it to an account so we can give them a cheque. So after tomorrow morning all donations will be going back to the site! So if you still want to donate now is the time!***

Hey all.

Every year Leons old work raise money for this day. The money raised goes to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation (their fundraising arm) and in particular all the money from this day goes specifically to the Toowoomba Base Hospital Oncology Unit, which took such stellar care of Leon.

So this year, I though we could have a go at raising a donation for this. So far each year his old work has managed to raise in the vicinity of a grand. So lets see how we can go.

So from today, up until the Tuesday the 12th of April all funds donated to Ozgolf will be donated towards this day, and at the Leon Treadwell Memorial Golf Day I'll present them with a cheque. The golf day is on the 15th April, but I think it takes a couple of days to transfer the funds from paypal into an account so I can write a cheque, hence finishing the fundraising a few days early.

We've got a big active membership, and just a few dollars from each active member goes a long long way. Currently our paypal is at $.06. I'll keep this post updated regularly with the tally.

Thanks everyone...

MegaWatty
4th March 2011, 10:39 AM
Money donated.

goughy
4th March 2011, 10:45 AM
Oh, and the donations are anonymous, unless you want to post like MW and hopefully encourage others to donate as well ;) ;)

MegaWatty
4th March 2011, 10:47 AM
Big fan of Pete Rookas and the TBH.

Grunt
4th March 2011, 04:05 PM
Think I just donated, it crashed somewhere trying to send me to Robyn's page after the transaction.

Daves
4th March 2011, 04:10 PM
Think I just donated, it crashed somewhere trying to send me to Robyn's page after the transaction.

Ditto. Ended up duplicating the payment because it told me it hadn't yet been processed.

Grunt
4th March 2011, 04:24 PM
Mine is ok I just recieved an email from paypal saying as such

Grunt
7th March 2011, 06:33 AM
Goughy can you see a donation from me on your account? I have a receipt but no payment has been made as yet on my bank account.

Jarro
7th March 2011, 08:02 AM
I'll be making a donation next week :)

Daves
7th March 2011, 08:50 AM
Goughy can you see a donation from me on your account? I have a receipt but no payment has been made as yet on my bank account.

The banking system has been closed since you made your donation. It should appear sometime tonight.

virge666
7th March 2011, 01:30 PM
Happy to donate.

Peppas
7th March 2011, 01:48 PM
I never knew the guy but you guys are doing a good thing here. I also just donated. Donations can make a big difference to the quality of care...

Marto65
7th March 2011, 05:26 PM
Donated ... cheers.
Sorry I cant make the golf day ... thats my Birthday .. and the wife flys out 2 days later ... I think she expects me around for a couple of days before hand.

Marto.

goughy
7th March 2011, 07:54 PM
Hey Grunt, got one from you.

Nearly at $200 so far.

Jarro
7th March 2011, 09:02 PM
Donated ... cheers.
Sorry I cant make the golf day ... thats my Birthday .. and the wife flys out 2 days later ... I think she expects me around for a couple of days before hand.

Marto.

We'll have a beer or two for you on the day then ;)

davidp
8th March 2011, 08:45 PM
Wish I could make it to the golf day but stuck in the frozen tundra of mid-west U.S for another ?? years.

Donated instead ...

AndyP
1st April 2011, 09:10 AM
How's this going, goughy?

And what's the deal with the paypal thing taking the donator to the digiscrap website?

goughy
1st April 2011, 09:13 AM
Don't know about that. I'll ask Rob.

goughy
1st April 2011, 09:21 AM
Something wrong with the setup at the moment. I think they must be going to Rob's paypal then she transfers them to ozgolf. Don't ask me what the deal is, and Rob's too sick to wanna get out of bed to look at it. It's currently at $234.28 including yours.

Was gonna bump this myself today, so thanks for that. Would love it to reach 1k by the end of next week. I need enough time to transfer it to another account so I can write a cheque. So come on everyone, that's only $10 from 100 members and we're there. It's for a great cause. Here's a link to their website
http://toowoombahospitalfoundation.org.au/

In particular, the funds from this day go to the Oncology unit. Let's not have Leon's old work, Centerlink, show us up!

goughy
1st April 2011, 09:35 AM
Rob said she just got one through from you G69. She's trying to sort the problem out now.

Clikchic said to send the donations to dean@ozgolf.net rather than through the buttons if you want it direct to ozgolf.

AndyP
1st April 2011, 09:44 AM
The 'Donate' option in the menu bar above will do that, instead of using the buttons.

AndyP
1st April 2011, 10:36 AM
The buttons down the bottom should be good to go now.

Eag's
1st April 2011, 12:42 PM
I just made my donation Goughy, can you let me know if it doesn't come through?

goughy
1st April 2011, 12:53 PM
Some very generous folks around here.

Marto65
1st April 2011, 05:04 PM
Whats the total up to mate?

Hux
3rd April 2011, 07:52 PM
I used the Donate button at the top menu bar and it went through no problems and have my receipt from Paypal already.

No excuses folks...just press the button its easier than Hoing in the Pro Shop

MegaWatty
3rd April 2011, 08:33 PM
I trust nudgee has already dumped a heap in there.

:smt038

he couldn't wait to.

goughy
4th April 2011, 06:53 AM
Last week for this guys. All donations by Sunday will go to the Leon Treadwell day, and one of us will hand the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation a cheque. It takes a few business days for the funds to transfer to a bank account so it has to finish early. So get on it guys and gals!

We're sitting on $330.14. Can we make 1k by the end of this week? While I'm not outing anybody (heck, I don't know who most of the donations come from) I can say that that money has come from a total of 12 members. Let's get on it!

Eag's
4th April 2011, 07:00 AM
C'mon people this is for a very worthy cause.

moree golfer
4th April 2011, 08:13 AM
Given I can't play my donation is in for a great cause.

goughy
5th April 2011, 06:57 AM
Wow guys! We've breached the $500 mark. Awesome.

Hux
5th April 2011, 08:18 PM
Keep it rolling in folks....a fiver won't send you broke or upset the bride.

Never met Leon but read his story of who and what he was and wished I had. The man's legacy deserves to be honoured.

goughy
6th April 2011, 05:47 AM
$514 this morning.

peter_rs
6th April 2011, 08:09 AM
come guys.

Anyone who has used the proshop this year should kick in some :)

Grunt
6th April 2011, 02:54 PM
Like the new bar at the top of the page too,

Dropped another little donation in to see if we can get the bar to max out.

goughy
6th April 2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, just saw the bar! Didn't know about it myself. How's it work Andy?

AndyP
6th April 2011, 03:44 PM
Apparently having the donation bar on every page adds a bit to the server load.

Meh! I'll leave it up until the day.

Goughy, it gets added to when people use the Donate button in the menu bar or on the donate bar, and you confirm it via the donations area that admins can view (in your Quick Links).

Grunt
6th April 2011, 03:46 PM
Can we also build up a little link so that we could share this in other places. I was thinking of maybe placing a link in the OzGolf Facebook page to get it exposed to a bigger audience. We could raise big coin$$$$ for the Hospital.

poidda
6th April 2011, 03:52 PM
The donation bar worked for me. I hadn't seen this thread. Coin sent!

damoocow
6th April 2011, 06:17 PM
Well done for organising this Goughy - donate now works a treat...

Moe Norman
6th April 2011, 06:25 PM
never saw this thread, but the bar caught my eye and I made the donation.

Nice feature, I never would have donated if I didn't see it

AndyP
6th April 2011, 06:33 PM
Nice featureThe admin occasionally gets something right.

dc68
6th April 2011, 06:43 PM
Dean I don't have paypal can you please pm me your bank details and I will tranfer a donation.

goughy
6th April 2011, 06:53 PM
No probs dc. I'll find them for ya.

Sydney Hacker
6th April 2011, 08:01 PM
Dean I don't have paypal can you please pm me your bank details and I will tranfer a donation.

You don't need paypal to make a donation using the link. I don't have it and it seems to have gone through ok.

goughy
6th April 2011, 09:31 PM
Did you use a CC SH?

Iain
7th April 2011, 06:06 AM
I donated last night.

Sydney Hacker
7th April 2011, 06:34 AM
Did you use a CC SH?

Yes, is that ok ?

goughy
7th April 2011, 07:33 AM
Yeah, that's fine. Was just wondering if that's how you got around not having a paypal acc.

Grunt
7th April 2011, 07:58 AM
Come on Guys and Girls, it is the only a week before this great event. Lets show everyone how much OzGolf was part of Leon and how Leon was a part of OzGolf.
Remember without Leon (& Goughy) we would more than likely not have OzGolf!

goughy
10th April 2011, 10:14 AM
BUMP!!! Last day to donate to this. After tomorrow morning all donations will be going back to the site. So if you still want to donate then jump on it!

DC, forgot to send you account details. I'll get them from Rob and pm them to you. Sorry mate.

Jarro
10th April 2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/20610-Cleveland-CG-Sport-Lite-carrybag

Jarro
14th April 2011, 09:07 AM
How'd we end up Goughy ... what was the final total ??

goughy
14th April 2011, 11:41 AM
Over 800.

Jarro
14th April 2011, 11:59 AM
plus whatever i can get for the golf bag

goughy
14th April 2011, 12:05 PM
Only prob is how long it's taking to transfer into an account so I can give them a cheque! May be post dated cheque yet if it doesn't hurry up.................

Jarro
14th April 2011, 12:07 PM
Better late than never i suppose.

aimnhit
17th April 2011, 08:59 AM
Would love to donate if possible. I'm guessing it's going on right now. Let me know if it's still possible thanks

Jarro
17th April 2011, 09:03 AM
Why can't we start something that we can donate towards for the whole year ?

That way we'll have an even bigger cheque to hand over at next years event 8)

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 09:04 AM
$1 from every Pro Shop purchase! :)

jaybam
17th April 2011, 09:05 AM
I like that idea jarro. Things are very tight at the moment but come tax time I would love to throw some money in.

aimnhit
17th April 2011, 09:21 AM
I will donate $5 for every birdie I make this year..

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 09:22 AM
Holy crap!

aimnhit
17th April 2011, 09:23 AM
I probably should do bogeys.. Give more that way haha

goughy
17th April 2011, 09:28 AM
All done and dusted Aimnhit. We had the day on Friday just gone.

aimnhit
17th April 2011, 09:31 AM
That sucks sorry mate

aimnhit
17th April 2011, 09:32 AM
Hope the day was a cracker

timah!
17th April 2011, 09:36 AM

The loose change from every drink bought at this year's champs would probably raise a bit!

AndyP
17th April 2011, 10:47 AM
There is a comments field for the paypal donations, isn't there?

I'm happy to separate donations to the charity from the site donations, and keep track of it.

KristianJ
17th April 2011, 03:14 PM
There is a comments field for the paypal donations, isn't there?

I'm happy to separate donations to the charity from the site donations, and keep track of it.

I had a set of Srixon irons that I was going to donate 10% of the proceedings to if they sold in the Pro Shop.

They ended up selling on eBay, but I'm still keen to donate 10% of that final sale price to the Oncology Unit (whenever I end up being able to do so, since I have major car work that I'll need to pay for). Happy to make a comment in the comment field to help distinguish the donation when I eventually make it.

AndyP
17th April 2011, 06:40 PM
Let me know if there isn't a comment field when you make the payment.

Eag's
17th April 2011, 08:00 PM

Yep this is a top idea, we could raise a substantial amount by this time next year.