PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 - Rod Morri vs live4golf

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 12:01 PM
This is it folks, the match that will redefine golf as we know it. All eyes will be on The Springs tomorrow morning as these 2 giants of the game slug it out in a 'winner takes all' affair. There have been a number of special moments in world sport over the years, from Australia winning the America's Cup to the Rumble in the Jungle...they will all fade into relative obscurity when the dust settles and a winner emerges from the battleground.

It is a dream-come-true for a very special OzGolfer who was lucky enough to win a spot in this marquee group. In an interview earlier today Peppas said 'I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it'. He also said of the match 'I am woman, hear me roar' which was a little abstract but that is just 'how he rolls'.

This is certain to be a day to remember. at 8:24am on Friday 4 March 2011 2 tribes will go to war, and when that happens...a point is all you can score.

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 12:02 PM
BTW, anyone want to have a hit? - we have 1 spot left :)

Rod Morri
3rd March 2011, 12:32 PM
I can probably organise another if still required Live4? I'll probably need a lift home after the beating anyway...

Grunt
3rd March 2011, 12:34 PM
A bit more notice and I could have made it up there. Instead I am off to fox Studios 10 pin bowling with guys from work.

KristianJ
3rd March 2011, 12:34 PM
Wish I could be there, but sadly I had my Friday golfing outing for this time of year last week at Katoomba pitch 'n' putt. :(

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 12:39 PM
I think we'll need an extra Rod. I hope you bring someone that can sledge you... :)

Rod Morri
3rd March 2011, 12:39 PM
Done...and the sledging will be world class

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 12:40 PM
A bit more notice and I could have made it up there. Instead I am off to fox Studios 10 pin bowling with guys from work.

....hmmm that could be an option. Will there be beer?

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 12:40 PM
righto, I'll update the thread on the other forum :D

The coming together of 2 forums, what a wonderful world we live in...

Grunt
3rd March 2011, 12:43 PM
....hmmm that could be an option. Will there be beer?

What else would get me to go? 10 pin is a quick waste of money on my books

Rod Morri
3rd March 2011, 12:45 PM
BTW Live4, my mate is a cart all the way kind of guy. What's the situation there? Should I book an extra or is there already enough booked to go around? Are you carting or walking?

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 12:50 PM
Cart is an automatic disqualification.

I'll be carting :) - so it'll be an honourable draw.

There will be enough, I think it was planned to have 12 players and that's what we have, works out well actually as we were only a 3.

Rod Morri
3rd March 2011, 12:51 PM
Perfect....see you there in the morning

AndyP
3rd March 2011, 02:52 PM
It is a dream-come-true for a very special OzGolfer who was lucky enough to win a spot in this marquee group. In an interview earlier today Peppas said 'I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it'. He also said of the match 'I am woman, hear me roar' which was a little abstract but that is just 'how he rolls'.
:lol:

Peppas
3rd March 2011, 03:00 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I'll be sledging both you mofos. Prepare to be held up by the 33 handicapper hitting his 8th shot on the hole because we're playing stroke from the blacks. POW!!!!

Steve57
3rd March 2011, 03:29 PM
How many shots involved or are we off the stick?

Peppas
3rd March 2011, 03:32 PM

I would also like to know so I can heckle appropriately :)

Rod Morri
3rd March 2011, 03:38 PM

Plenty. I believe from Live4's golflink link he is off 2. According to mine I'm off 15. However, as things stand, I can confidently predict I would need to be off at least 20 to have a chance of taking this past the 10th hole. Things have not been going well lately but it should still be a fun day.

Steve57
3rd March 2011, 03:45 PM
Good luck to you both.

Peppas
3rd March 2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah good luck to both of you. Hey Rod Morri what does your mate play off?

Rod Morri
3rd March 2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah good luck to both of you. Hey Rod Morri what does your mate play off?

16 i think...but I'd have to check

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 07:34 PM
13 shots is what I need to give you??? :shock:

Peppas
3rd March 2011, 07:38 PM
Who am I riding with?

Coffs Hacker has to give me 23 shots :)

Peppas
3rd March 2011, 07:39 PM
I was actually looking forward to driving around by myself but now I have to share...

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 07:47 PM
...fine, I'll walk you selfish bastid.

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 07:48 PM
Good luck to you both.

thanks Steve

Peppas
3rd March 2011, 07:49 PM
...fine, I'll walk you selfish bastid.

Haha its ok. We can share. Or I can drive alongside you and sledge you if you like. Could bring out the best in you!?

Minor_Threat
3rd March 2011, 07:51 PM
I would play but I can never find the course! Its like an oasis..

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 07:52 PM
I would play but I can never find the course! Its like an oasis..

it is even harder with the bloody roadworks there at the moment....

Peppas
3rd March 2011, 07:54 PM
Anyways, looking forward to some inspired golf tomorrow. Good luck to both of you, I'll try sledge you both equally. See you guys bright and early...

live4golf
3rd March 2011, 08:01 PM
no inspired golf from me mate....but we will have fun :)

Haystacks
3rd March 2011, 08:21 PM
Good luck guys!

Hope the worms duck Rod...:wink:

Rod Morri
3rd March 2011, 08:30 PM
Good luck guys!

Hope the worms duck Rod...:wink:

I hope they take your advice, Haystacks. I've hurt more than my fair share the last few months...

Peppas
3rd March 2011, 08:46 PM
I hope they take your advice, Haystacks. I've hurt more than my fair share the last few months...

Meh join the club :P

Grunt
3rd March 2011, 08:47 PM
wow 2 pages for a round one match, imagine if it was a final it would get at least 20 ;)

Rod Morri
4th March 2011, 01:48 PM
Well what can be said....this match certainly lived up to the hype as in it would be difficult to define what was displayed today as golf. Live4, a terrific bloke and much better player than he showed today, unfortunately had to spot me 13 shots on the one day since October when I've actually played something that resembles golf. It was too heavy a burden even for his broad shoulders and the result went my way 2 & 1. However, a terrific day was had by all and it was great to meet Live4 and Peppas as well as assorted others from "the other site". Thanks fellas, really enjoyed the day and look forward to meeting up again one day.

Steve57
4th March 2011, 01:51 PM
Well done Rod, better luck next time Live4.

Rod Morri
4th March 2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks Steve..

live4golf
4th March 2011, 04:16 PM
Great day, great blokes...the golf just could not live up to the expectation...Rod played well where needed and I played suitably poorly where needed. Poor Peppas was the big loser of the day with the Callaway handicap system taking a certain victory from his hands. Whoever meets Rod in the next round, don't listen to his 'ohh I am playing so poorly, have not got a ball in the air for 6 months crap' :)

All-in-all it was a top day...like every day on the golf course.

Peppas
Congrats Rod Morri and thanks for the smashing day of golf.

live4golf
Thanks Steve

Peppas
4th March 2011, 04:18 PM
Great day, great blokes...the golf just could not live up to the expectation...Rod played well where needed and I played suitably poorly where needed. Poor Peppas was the big loser of the day with the Callaway handicap system taking a certain victory from his hands. Whoever meets Rod in the next round, don't listen to his 'ohh I am playing so poorly, have not got a ball in the air for 6 months crap' :)

All-in-all it was a top day...like every day on the golf course.

Damn Callaway system reamed me.

live4golf
4th March 2011, 04:18 PM
Congrats Rod Morri and thanks for the smashing day of golf.

How about 'sorry for being the worst sledger in the history of the game'???? - seriously you let me down but more importantly you let yourself down.

BTW, you should get rid of that putter.....

Well putted.

Peppas
4th March 2011, 04:23 PM
How about 'sorry for being the worst sledger in the history of the game'???? - seriously you let me down but more importantly you let yourself down.

BTW, you should get rid of that putter.....

Well putted.

Sorry, I was preoccupied with my putter performance to concentrate on sledging too. I think I was the victim of more sledging than both of you!

AndyP
4th March 2011, 04:47 PM
Well done, Rod. Not on winning the match, but getting the ball in the air.

Rod Morri
4th March 2011, 05:31 PM
Well done, Rod. Not on winning the match, but getting the ball in the air.

Thanks Andy, these guys didn't believe me but having seen it first hand you can attest to how bad it is.

Minor_Threat
4th March 2011, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a great day, well done Rod, bad luck Live4..

Sydney Hacker
4th March 2011, 07:30 PM
How was the course ?

Peppas
4th March 2011, 07:35 PM
It was alrite, I dunno, some people didn't think the fairways were great but I didn't really notice. Greens had been recently cored though...