PDA

View Full Version : If you could make up a tour event?

BrentonJ
2nd March 2011, 03:28 PM
Hi Guys,

If you could make up a tour event what would it be?

Id like to see an 18 hole charity match where the caddies play and the players caddie i think it would be fun to watch.

Jarro
2nd March 2011, 03:34 PM
Sports Illustrated Bikini model open.

Models playing golf in bikinis would get my attention for sure.

I'm sure the ratings would be a winner too :)

henno
2nd March 2011, 03:36 PM
The "Zigwah vs Laycock Perpetual Matchplay Championship".

Hamo84
2nd March 2011, 03:42 PM

I'm sure the ratings would be a winner too :)

Like your thinking there Jarro

BrentonJ
2nd March 2011, 03:57 PM
Damm im way behind the 8 ball, ill never be an event planner

mike
2nd March 2011, 06:29 PM

How about naked and covered in melted chocolate.

markTHEblake
2nd March 2011, 07:11 PM
If you could make up a tour event what would it be?

Replace all the "Quiet please" signs with "Make lots of Noise please" Golf is boring as batshit to watch, they need to liven it up - a lot.

LarryLong
2nd March 2011, 09:00 PM
Speed golf. No practice swings, no lining up putts from all angles, no checking the green before hitting, no long discussions with caddies, no extended pre-shot routines.

Each player gets 30 seconds to choose a club, line up and hit in silence. If the time runs out the crowd and all opponents can make as much noise as they like, sing, dance, stand in their peripheral vision and wave their arms, whatever they like.

mike
2nd March 2011, 09:22 PM
Replace all the "Quiet please" signs with "Make lots of Noise please" Golf is boring as batshit to watch, they need to liven it up - a lot.
I like this idea.

Dotty
2nd March 2011, 09:31 PM
Tie Big Brother / Australian Idol / Master Chef contestants to yardage signs on the practice range.

sms316
2nd March 2011, 09:32 PM
St George Illawarra golf day. After each player hits a shot the entire gallery is permitted to beat the shit out of him.

Todd Carney golf day. Carney drinks a stubby a hole before urinating on his playing partners in the clubhouse toilet.

St Kilda golf day. A few St Kilda players nude up with a underage female caddy.

mike
2nd March 2011, 09:48 PM
Canberra Raiders golf day.
BYO dog.

sms316
2nd March 2011, 09:52 PM
Canberra Raiders golf day.
BYO dog.

Done a Raiders day. That isn't far from the mark.

mike
2nd March 2011, 09:54 PM
The dog licks the mud off their balls after each shot?

BrentonJ
2nd March 2011, 10:39 PM
Tie Big Brother / Australian Idol / Master Chef contestants to yardage signs on the practice range.

I'm in for sure im sick of watching these crap shows to get brownie points to be able to watch the golf!

WBennett
3rd March 2011, 07:14 AM
The Kim Il Jung open.

Didn't he have 18 holes in 1 in a round once?

I'd like to see him try that again!

Courty
3rd March 2011, 09:43 AM
Every person who yells 'Get in the hole' gets tasered in the middle of the green immediately after the golfers have putted out.

PeteyD
3rd March 2011, 09:51 AM
Todd Carney golf day. Carney drinks a stubby a hole before urinating on his playing partners in the clubhouse toilet.

Should that not read 'in the clubhouse.'

BayBum
3rd March 2011, 11:08 AM
My idea is to serious for this thread :(

But im down for the taser :)

Hamo84
3rd March 2011, 11:19 AM
Speed golf. No practice swings, no lining up putts from all angles, no checking the green before hitting, no long discussions with caddies, no extended pre-shot routines.

Each player gets 30 seconds to choose a club, line up and hit in silence. If the time runs out the crowd and all opponents can make as much noise as they like, sing, dance, stand in their peripheral vision and wave their arms, whatever they like.

I like this idea

BrentonJ
3rd March 2011, 05:01 PM
My idea is to serious for this thread :(

But im down for the taser :)

Sure share it anyway

BayBum
3rd March 2011, 05:44 PM
Well....I think to find out who the best golfer is on the planet you get some old rich bastard to start a tour where everyone plays under the same umbrella.Clubs you can choose blade or cavity (same basic no name brand) no MOI BS or any of that.Same shafts but you chosoe the flex.Same everyday ball that doesnt fly 300 yards before it bounces.You get the idea :) IMO it would be awesome to watch.It would take ya back to the days when Pavin was given a shot of winning something lol.

markTHEblake
3rd March 2011, 08:16 PM
it would be awesome to watch.It would take ya back to the days when Pavin was given a shot of winning something lol.
if you standardised the equipment, especially the ball, blokes like Pavin would be worse off. Golfers need to be able to select a ball that suits their game. If you limit the distance, the short hitters are worse off.

BayBum
4th March 2011, 12:07 PM
Agree to disagree.If you give them all a rock that that isnt customised to that player the shorter hitters will be no worse off than they already are,its the bombers who will suffer imo.The shorter hitters had no problem when equip was simple,now they are near on non exsistent because of the maxed out equip changes.

Dotty
4th March 2011, 12:19 PM
Alternatively ... reduce the bag limit to 7 clubs only.

markTHEblake
4th March 2011, 10:20 PM
Agree to disagree

some people have been asking for a standard ball for at least 20 years, you can disagree all you like but i just gave you the main reason that its been knocked on its head over and over.