PDA

View Full Version : WA: KBay Saturday 5th March @ 0910 one spot left

hocko
1st March 2011, 12:30 AM
Going to book a group of four for Saturday at KB, anyone want to join me?

Hocko: 38 points.
Nuffie: 29 points
Rubin: 29 points.

Yossarian
1st March 2011, 12:31 AM
In a few weeks I will down for every saturday.

rubin
1st March 2011, 12:52 AM
what time Hocko?

if its mid morning im in.

hocko
1st March 2011, 12:56 AM
I wanna play early.

rubin
1st March 2011, 12:58 AM
pass mate.

rubin
1st March 2011, 02:50 PM
f***-it, I might actually play better with a hangover.

Im in mate if your still keen.

hocko
1st March 2011, 04:30 PM
So much for early......0910 is tee time.
2 spots still available.

rubin
1st March 2011, 04:40 PM
Mate if your happy to play a round with an average chopper, i'd be keen for that.

hocko
1st March 2011, 04:49 PM
You are already in mate.

rubin
1st March 2011, 05:14 PM
cheers mate.

Stableford comp i believe. i can confirm when im there tomorrow.

Shadesy
1st March 2011, 09:02 PM
See Yoss's Post. Will be every Saturday from the middle of March!

Nuffie
1st March 2011, 09:10 PM
Might be able to make this, now that Rhiannon is working.

hocko
2nd March 2011, 10:15 PM
One more spot left guys.....anyone....anyone......Bueller?

Nuffie
4th March 2011, 12:47 PM
Gonna have some new toys to "trial" tomorrow:

13 degree CG 2009 launcher head into the 3wood shaft.

AND CG7 Tour irons "on loan" from Maylands proshop :)

rubin
4th March 2011, 12:56 PM
Gonna have some new toys to "trial" tomorrow:

13 degree CG 2009 launcher head into the 3wood shaft.

AND CG7 Tour irons "on loan" from Maylands proshop :)

the CG7's are a nice looking club Nuff.
Are you using the new game plan as well nuff? the KISS method.

hocko
4th March 2011, 01:04 PM
Three new Tourfit wedges to try tomorrow.

Nuffie
4th March 2011, 01:36 PM
the CG7's are a nice looking club Nuff.
Are you using the new game plan as well nuff? the KISS method.

I hit 30 balls last nite at Maylands: Couldn't believe how easy the CG7 Tour 4 iron was to hit - in an S300! It was landing right on the 170m peg and travelling dead straight with an easy swing. If these go well tomorrow, it might give me something serious to ponder...

Yep, straight shots and good alignment is the new plan...

(with regard to "the KISS method" pls explain? ;))

With Hocko also trying new wedges and just about everyone else I know upgrading drivers and getting KBS shafts in their irons - it appears our WITB threads could be documenting lots of changes in the coming weeks...

rubin
4th March 2011, 01:51 PM
I hit 30 balls last nite at Maylands: Couldn't believe how easy the CG Tour 4 iron was to hit - in an S300! It was landing right on the 170m peg and travelling dead straight with an easy swing. If these go well tomorrow, it might give me something serious to ponder...

Yep, straight shots and good alignment is the new plan...

(with regard to "the KISS method" pls explain? ;))

With Hocko also trying new wedges and just about everyone else I know upgrading drivers and getting KBS shafts in their irons - it appears our WITB threads could be documenting lots of changes in the coming weeks...

The KISS method stands for:
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid.

I thought you may have heard of that before mate. Basically, why make life hard for yourself, and golf is hard enough as it is.

Nuffie
4th March 2011, 02:49 PM
The KISS method stands for:
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid.

I thought you may have heard of that before mate. Basically, why make life hard for yourself, and golf is hard enough as it is.

Life is certainly made pretty hard when you keep relying on "old" technology. Something's telling me I'll want this set of clubs after tomorrow's game.

KISS method, nice :). I don't get out all that much these days Rubin, well as much as I would like to anyway. This is why I enjoy going to ozgolf champs so much.

BTW, do we have a 4th yet for tomorrow?

rubin
4th March 2011, 02:56 PM
I wouldnt think so. But can check with Hock and let you know mate.

I would have checked with hocko if my other phone hadn't died. He'll see this eventually.

hocko
4th March 2011, 06:54 PM
Still only three of us at the mo.
I'm trying the new Lajosi hand crafted LP-CS1 centre-shafted putter tomorrow too. It's perdy.

rubin
4th March 2011, 06:59 PM
Still only three of us at the mo.
I'm trying the new Lajosi hand crafted LP-CS1 centre-shafted putter tomorrow too. It's perdy.

:smt007

Nuffie
4th March 2011, 07:32 PM
It's perdy.

According to the urban dictionary, that's a trendy expression for something "pretty".

Hopefully tomorrow Hocko, We'll get to see just how "perdy" it is and see if it also cans a perdy-birdie or two :).

hocko
4th March 2011, 07:35 PM
According to the urban dictionary, that's a trendy expression for something "pretty".

So tomorrow I'll get to see just how "Perdy" it is and see if it also cans a perdi-birdie or two :).
Haven't swung a golf club in a couple of weeks so i'm not counting on too many birdies.
Just looking forward to a good walk and trying the new putter and 'Fit's wedges.

Nuffie
4th March 2011, 07:41 PM
Yep, should be a good day Hocko and a good course to try out some gear on...

The greens at Kennedy always play nice and true, so hopefully you will putt well and I also improve on my 33 putts-a-round avg.

Would like to think so... couldn't possibly play as bad as I have the last 4 rounds.

rubin
4th March 2011, 07:48 PM
I'm liking hocko's idea. Its not a bad place for a wander either.

Personal goal, no 3 putts! (at least not to 3 putt every single f-ing hole!)

Johnny Canuck
4th March 2011, 10:50 PM
I'd love to join you boys, but I'm already booked. I'll get down for a game soon.

Hocko, don't hit one of those new wedges into two unless you want to putt from the gully. Be very careful on 7 as well. they spin like mad!

Nuffster, you going to try the X20 tours as well? If not, I'll let you know how you can drop them off at Mega's. He's pretty close to HArtfield.

hocko
4th March 2011, 11:28 PM
I'd love to join you boys, but I'm already booked. I'll get down for a game soon.

Hocko, don't hit one of those new wedges into two unless you want to putt from the gully. Be very careful on 7 as well. they spin like mad!
I'm gonna have to John, I'm always in the left fairway bunker.
You've gotta come down and teach me the course mate, i don't think there is anyone who has played it as much as you.

Johnny Canuck
4th March 2011, 11:39 PM
I honestly reckon I've played it about 700 times or so.

4 iron off the blues if there is no wind. Your goal with the tee shot is to stop by the 127m sprinkler, short of that left bunker.

If it is into the wind, take it at the leftmost bunker of the ones on the right. If you hit it straight, you fall short of it. Hit a cut, you'll miss the short right one. Hit a draw, perfect in the middle.

I look forward to getting a hit in with you guys there. I really miss that place. If I wasn't golfing with a mate tomorrow, I would drop out and join you guys.

I think we a due for a core very soon, which will be a great excuse to play KBay every Saturday.

Nuffie
4th March 2011, 11:43 PM
Nuffster, you going to try the X20 tours as well? If not, I'll let you know how you can drop them off at Mega's. He's pretty close to HArtfield.

TourFit is putting a KBS in one of the x20 heads next week for me to try out. If I fancy the KBS and end up liking the cg7s will prob put KBS in the cg7s and the brand new s300s from those into the x20s. Would be perfect as the x20s have the bigger cavities. Both sets take .355 taper tip shafts too. But let's wait first and see how the cg7s go tomorrow.

hocko
5th March 2011, 08:17 PM
OP updated with scores.
Nuffie won two NTP's and none of us hit the green for the third one.
Nuffie won 9 skins, I won 8 skins and Rubin won 1 skin.
A beut day for golf and had the usual three club wind on the back nine.

rubin
5th March 2011, 08:41 PM
Cheers for a good day Nuff and Hocko.

Glad to be able to put some decent holes together for once. The new swing is coming on nicely. Just need to get some more time in to groove it.

MegaWatty
5th March 2011, 08:51 PM
Nice score Hocko. What are you playing off these days mate? This score should help!

hocko
5th March 2011, 08:53 PM
Cheers mate,
A very lazy 8 ATM mega, no time for practice anymore.
What did contribute to the score was actually playing the golf course on its merits. I only hit driver about 5 or 6 times.
I did hear today that you are in some fine golf form.

Nuffie
5th March 2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks hocko and rubin for an enjoyable day. The weather was nice and wind the usual for KB.

Hocko fought hard for 38 pts and the best Ive seen him play. He even reckoned he scratched it around a bit and was a bit off his best. Gee, would hate to see how he fires once he gets used to his new home track.

Rubin is coming along, just needs to watch that wayward shot. He hit a couple of good iron shots early on.

I scored poorly and had a shocking front as it has been going of late. On a bright note, the new 3w head was great in the breeze so have decided to keep it. And the CG7s felt nice. If they go well again tomorrow they are going in the bag.

hocko
6th March 2011, 08:29 PM
Those irons seem to go alright though Nuff.
You just need some time to get used to them.
Rubin's game is improving with every swing and he's getting a chance to hit some balls on the range too.

adlo
6th March 2011, 10:00 PM
What 'cap is Rubin off?

MegaWatty
6th March 2011, 10:19 PM
An ex 5 or 6 capper playing off 22! Bags not playing against him for a while.

hocko
7th March 2011, 12:43 AM
I reckon a legitimate 16 to 20.

rubin
7th March 2011, 08:00 PM
An ex 5 or 6 capper playing off 22! Bags not playing against him for a while.

don't stress mega. I think hocko's being generous in his appraisal as well.

Lets wait and see what it comes down to after a good 10 - 12 rounds (or up for that matter).

Nuffie
8th March 2011, 03:53 PM
Those irons seem to go alright though Nuff.
You just need some time to get used to them.
Rubin's game is improving with every swing and he's getting a chance to hit some balls on the range too.

Once your KBSs nickel dark tour stiffs go into those CG7 Tour irons Hocko, they will definitely be something else...

Don't get me wrong, the S300 is a top shaft but the KBS I've wanted now for about two years.

Finally now is my chance - with a long-awaited payrise confirmed today at work, yyyyyiiiippppeee!