PDA

View Full Version : Australia vs Bangladesh...

Ducky
19th June 2005, 02:17 AM
I am speechless.

Bangladesh has beaten Australia with four (4) balls to spare and five (5) wickets in hand.

:shock:

Jarro
19th June 2005, 05:10 AM
it was on the cards early on ..... Bangladesh had the Aussies on the back foot from ball 1 ... ball 2 got a wicket :roll:

we'll bounce back ... i hope :?

oz
19th June 2005, 08:30 AM
Pretty shabby performance by the Aussies, but well played by the Bangladeshi's.

I just hope they get this crap out their system before the tests...

Fishman Dan
19th June 2005, 10:27 AM
Ponting's ordinary captaincy again. He doesn't know how to take 10 wickets.

Just because we were 2/9 doesn't mean we shouldn't have posted a good score. Only Hussey and Katich took it up to the Banga's bowlers - and what happened? They started pitching short, full, all over the shop. If only Martyn wasn't playing for his average and played a few shots..

Courty
19th June 2005, 12:13 PM
Where is Andrew Symonds?

goughy
19th June 2005, 06:33 PM
I think he's still out drinking :oops:

Jarro
19th June 2005, 06:57 PM
Where is Andrew Symonds?

MIA :smt017

we could sure use him at the moment :roll:

Courty
19th June 2005, 07:07 PM
Andrew Symonds, whose big hitting and canny offspin have made him an integral part of the Australian team in recent times, could face a lengthy spell out in the cold after he was found to have breached team rules by drinking and staying out late on the eve of the match against Bangladesh...
Symonds had apparently come out for the warm-up with the smell of alcohol on his breath, and in no fit state to play.

Ouch, that smarts. :smt030 :smt116

Jarro
19th June 2005, 07:13 PM
that's just bloody stupid :evil:

what the hell does he think the management are going to do :roll:

AndyP
19th June 2005, 07:30 PM
The clown's two match suspension ends after this match, so he will be available for selection for Thursday's match.

Jarro
19th June 2005, 07:39 PM
we need him now :shock:

Aussies have just lost 3 wickets in 4 balls against the Poms :(

they're rattled.

terryand
19th June 2005, 07:47 PM
we need him now  :shock:

Aussies have just lost 3 wickets in 4 balls against the Poms  :(

they're rattled.

I think they have to get out of tourist mode and slip into the cricket mode :?

Terry.

Fishman Dan
19th June 2005, 08:43 PM
He's not noted for his gray matter, but even this NSW'man notices his absence in the lineup. He won't be sent home though...

Fishman Dan
19th June 2005, 11:28 PM
Shocking start... painful watching bowling like this. Dizzy and now McGrath are rattled.

6th over and Ponting has taken out the slips. Of course this is where the first edge went, waist height.. :evil:

They don't look like they're bowling with any confidence.. hope it doesn't carry over to the test series.

Edit: Having said all that, Pidge has produced a vintage yorker... :)

Jarro
20th June 2005, 03:31 AM
well they musn't have picked their act up overnight 'cos they lost again :roll:

.. could be the wake up call this side has needed i think :wink:

Fishman Dan
20th June 2005, 08:14 AM
I left the TV on for last nights sports marathon, and woke to see the final 30 mins of this. At 6/190 we were a good thing. 1 Kaspa, Watson and Dizzy over later, and at 7/225, we were in all sorts. That Pietersen bloke can hit the ball! Reminds me of Kluesner when he's in full flight, you can't bowl anywhere to him!

If you were to point blame, it would be squarely at Ponting's inability to bowl a team out. As the commentators said - they had a debutant coming in at #9 with over a run-a-ball required, and he had all fieldsmen against the boundary? Easy single to get Pietersen on strike, SMASH - 6!

Gilchrist's run out could/should? have turned the match around.

Ducky
20th June 2005, 09:51 AM
I stayed up to 4am to watch the end result. I must say it was bitter-sweet watching Pieterson smash the ball around the park. It was unbelievable how cleanly he hit the ball, no matter how it was delivered.

It looked like a completely different Australian team. Situations that called for an aggressive field were given a defensive field (much like the instance Dan mentioned above), and it was ultimately one of the main reasons as to why the game was lost.

I guess we had to expect this day would come sooner or later, but them losing to Bangladesh is still quite a shock. I must say though, Stuart MacGill looking like a stunned mullet on national TV was a classic.