PDA

View Full Version : The golfing machine / The impact zone

peris
24th February 2011, 11:54 PM
Hello. Has anyone read these books?

petethepilot
25th February 2011, 12:20 AM
Yep. Both!!!

If you have a Phd in Engineering, the Golfing Machine is for you. A very difficult read!

The Impact Zone is pretty good but is really additional to other publications. It requires a degree of golfing ability to get something out of it.
Both are worth getting if you are a student of the golf swing.
Pete

MegaWatty
25th February 2011, 12:28 AM
There is no way I'd read TGM. Too bloody hard! I have been trained under the TGM method though which is great if you have someone that breaks it down to regular dumbo terms. I was lucky enough to have that!

peris
25th February 2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks!!. Iīll try to buy them. I live in Europe and itīs difficult to buy them.;)

Ferrins
25th February 2011, 07:20 AM
The golfing machine. Got this and it is most stimulating for the grey matter, can't say that it has improved my golf. However applying the law of the flail has had a dramatic effect on my wood chopping.

idgolfguy
25th February 2011, 09:34 AM
There are a couple of videos out that may help with understanding the book. Search the Internet on Lynn Blake.

The flail works if can just keep my hands passive.

Toolish
25th February 2011, 10:28 AM
Have read TGM fairly extensively. It changed my golfing life to be honest. Bloody hard to read but if you can get someone who knows to help you it is great.

TheNuclearOne
25th February 2011, 05:31 PM
Only buy TGM if you are prepared to put some serious time in on forums such as Lynn Blakes in order to get something out of it. The Impact Zone is good, a lot is pretty advanced stuff.

Ferrins
25th February 2011, 06:02 PM
TGM can be a bit like "Catcher in the Rye" with Mel Gibsons character in "The Conspiracy Theory".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFh046qcFKU