PDA

View Full Version : New! Event Registration

AndyP
17th June 2005, 10:01 PM
I have just added a modification to the site that is pretty cool for the 1st Tee forum (I've only enabled it there for now).  It's an event registration modification.

Instead of doing this silly cutting and pasting of a list of names who are going to play in an event, we can just register via this poll-like function.  

The author of a thread starts it from the initial post by checking activate in the "Add a Registration" area of the posting page below the poll area.  And then fills in the relevant fields for registration.
-------------------------
http://img14.echo.cx/img14/5656/postingrego1oj.jpg

Clicking on the participate button, registers your name for the event.  Clicking it again confirms your participation.
If you click any other option, your status will change.
You can also say if you are definitely out.  And there is even a "pencil" (maybe) button for jarro.
http://img126.echo.cx/img126/3577/threadtop4ue.jpg

The thread title should show a current status of how many are in or out, eg.  5-3-2 is 5 in, 3 maybes, 2 nos.  There is also meant to be a dot next to the title which indicates your current status for the event (green/blue/red).
http://img126.echo.cx/img126/6110/threadtitleview8uj.jpg

The downside is that it won't be able to accept registrations from non-OZgolf members.  Oh well, it's more motivation for them to join.

Hope you find this function handy.

Cheers
Andy (wow, that rhymes with handy ;) )

markTHEblake
17th June 2005, 10:28 PM
dunno if its supposed to work in this thread or not but i clicked on the Conformation button and it goes to another page (like the message confirmation page) but the message box is blank.

AndyP
17th June 2005, 10:34 PM
dunno if its supposed to work in this thread or not but i clicked on the Conformation button and it goes to another page (like the message confirmation page) but the message box is blank.
Might be because I didn't enable it in the announcement forum for normal users (I thought the enabling would just be for setting it up not registering as well). :smt102

I have done so now for the time being, so you can try it again.

markTHEblake
17th June 2005, 10:39 PM
yep works fine, i can also change my registration.

it also worked adding to an existing thread.

Interesting feature, can you enable more than three buttons? could be utilised for many different things, including a public ballot.

AndyP
17th June 2005, 10:54 PM
can you enable more than three buttons?
Not at this stage, but I read something about the MOD authors adding more buttons in future versions though.

drunken
18th June 2005, 05:13 AM
Nice one 8)

Jarro
18th June 2005, 06:04 AM
nice addition P 8)

good to see you're earning the big bucks we're paying you :lol:

goughy
18th June 2005, 07:26 AM
Sweet. All I can say.

AndyP
18th June 2005, 09:18 AM
Guys, if you don't put any text in the blue and red options as seen in the piccie above, then these options won't show.

----------------

Obviously knocked this up during the Port Hawks game last night....ffs..118 points.. :oops:
Oh yeah. Forgot that we kicked a goal after the siren. Here I was moping around thinking it was 123 points. It was actually 117, that's much better. :D

markTHEblake
18th June 2005, 03:29 PM
doesnt it seem silly to register for an event as having no interest -
seems pointless and only serves to make the page web longer,
like if 4 people are playing and 100 are not.

Perhaps just use that function if you have nominated and need
to withdraw - does that make more sense?

AndyP
18th June 2005, 04:15 PM
Members can use it however they want.

At least you will know that the person is aware of the event.

Hopefully commonsense prevails, and people who obviously aren't going to be attending, don't put their name anywhere.

markTHEblake
18th June 2005, 04:52 PM
Hopefully commonsense prevails,

:smt046