PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NSW Matchplay Rnd 1- Parmaster V Grunt

Grunt
23rd February 2011, 07:33 AM
Ok Pup

Where & When?
I am back on shift so midweek suits me best, Sundays are almost definitely out, it is Kayak day and I am sorry but that is how it is.

On current form you will be giving me 19 shots, are you good enough?

ps. if I can get a couple of games in before it you may have to give me more as my golflink is due for some big changes soon. 8-)

ParMaster
2nd March 2011, 10:39 AM
Hey mate,

With my current lifestyle I just haven't had time to post on here, sorry about that.

I can do next Wednesday or Saturday. I'll have a look at the open days when I get home and try and sort something out.

Grunt
2nd March 2011, 10:46 AM
Cant do Wednesday as I am working Night Shift Tuesday/Wednesday

Saturday is a possiblity but open days for Saturday are a rarity, and before you ask I am not going to play at Macarthur Grange!

Peppas
2nd March 2011, 04:28 PM
Could get onto Camden Valley on Saturday :)

Grunt
2nd March 2011, 04:41 PM
That is a good option Peppas, next saturday works best for me as in a few weeks I will have a marathon series race on and they start to become regular from then.

How many others would be interensted. I could ring and see how much tomorrow.

Peppas
2nd March 2011, 04:46 PM
That is a good option Peppas, next saturday works best for me as in a few weeks I will have a marathon series race on and they start to become regular from then.

How many others would be interensted. I could ring and see how much tomorrow.

I played there last Satrurday morning. I think its about $50 for a round with a cart. Walking might be about $35?

I'm playing Coffs_Hacker next Tuesday. He should have a walkover :)

Grunt
28th March 2011, 10:59 AM
Pup, are you going to play in this?

Grunt
6th April 2011, 02:15 PM
Ok, Pup are you going to play in this? 6 weeks and no game organised is getting to be a bit of a joke.

Grunt
21st April 2011, 09:28 AM
Well if this has not happened by the 1st week of May it will not happen until July at best.

I leave for LA for 2 months on 6th May.

Peppas
21st April 2011, 12:46 PM
Nice, holiday?

I'm up against the winner out of you guys. Should be fun :)

Grunt
21st April 2011, 12:59 PM
Will be for work Peppas.

Johnny Canuck
21st April 2011, 01:32 PM
Grunt by walkover.

Coffs_Hacker
21st April 2011, 04:17 PM
Ok have to admit i've been a bit slack with chasing up games due to work and UNI, I'll update the draw as soo, as possible with the completed games so far.

Pup hasn't been on Ozgolf for over a month now and since its school hols he should be free everyday and since grunt is playing tues i'll give pup the chance to play tues, if he doesn't then the EXECUTIVE decision will be a WO to Grunt.

Grunt
24th April 2011, 06:59 PM
Pup has forfeited as off tonight.

He told me he does not come to this site anymore.

Peppas can you wait until July for the next round? Or we could play in the following dates beforehand.
Tomorrow
Next Saturday maybe
Monday Week
Wednesday Week
Thursday Week

adlo
24th April 2011, 07:05 PM
What happened to Pup?

And more importantly, can someone please confirm he is still pumping that 4 iron out there 180 gun barrel straight?

live4golf
24th April 2011, 07:08 PM
What happened to Pup?

And more importantly, can someone please confirm he is still pumping that 4 iron out there 180 gun barrel straight?

192.7 with a slight, and deliberate, draw.

Scottt
24th April 2011, 07:14 PM
What happened to Pup?

Left school to start a greenkeeping apprenticeship. Starts early, sleeps a lot. Rarely goes online any more.

And more importantly, can someone please confirm he is still pumping that 4 iron out there 180 gun barrel straight?[/QUOTE]

He's got some serious game. But like most young bucks, everything inside 40m is a flop!

adlo
24th April 2011, 07:16 PM
Good luck to the young fella.

ParMaster
24th April 2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks Aldo.

And no, as of the last 2 months or so, I've been hitting a nice 180m snap hook with the 4 iron. My game is struggling and my hcp has gone from 1 - 5, and I imagine I'll be up to 7 quite soon if I don't fix my swing. I'm trying to start practicing my golf a bit now, and have been working on the swing a bit, but it feels like crap.

Started a 4 year Greenkeeping Apprenticeship at Killara GC 7 months ago, and that takes up a lot of my time. I am enjoying the work though. Already bought my first car and I'm looking forward to getting my P plates in 3 months time.

Dotty
24th April 2011, 07:25 PM
What happened to Pup?

I said hello to him at the Hudson Park range a fortnight ago. (He was warming up for the Aus. Junior at Carnarvon and I was about to have a lesson, so I didn't take up too much of his time.)

He still gives the driver (or it could have been 3 wood) a ride, but I'm unsure whether they were on target.

ParMaster
24th April 2011, 07:28 PM
My driving has been far beyond a joke lately Dotty...for example the other day at Royal Sydney I missed the 16th fairway to the right playing the 2nd, and nearly hit my tee shot on the 8th OB (equating to about 100m offline). Today at Eastlakes was no better, shooting 21 points the front, 6 the back (hitting 0/4 fairways the back with driver).

adlo
24th April 2011, 07:33 PM
Pup, big changes in life, like starting an apprenticeship, will have that affect on your life and golf. We have all experienced it in some way. Most of us don't have the skill you obviously do, so be patient and stick with it. The ability is there, your game will come back when you find a better work/life balance. These things take time.

sms316
24th April 2011, 07:35 PM
Broken in the back seat of the car yet Pup?

ParMaster
24th April 2011, 07:37 PM
Bahahahaha not yet mate. Besides I wouldn't want to, I'll be putting in some new seats in my BMW in a week or two. :)

live4golf
24th April 2011, 07:37 PM
Pup, big changes in life, like starting an apprenticeship, will have that affect on your life and golf. We have all experienced it in some way. Most of us don't have the skill you obviously do, so be patient and stick with it. The ability is there, your game will come back when you find a better work/life balance. These things take time.

20 years on and still trying to find that balance....

sms316
24th April 2011, 07:38 PM
Bahahahaha not yet mate. Besides I wouldn't want to, I'll be putting in some new seats in my BMW in a week or two. :)
Better do it sooner rather than later mate. No need to clean off any of those stray "protein" stains if the seats are being replaced.

MegaWatty
24th April 2011, 10:27 PM
Found the Greenkeepers special stash Pup? Is that why you're sleeping a lot?

Johnny Canuck
24th April 2011, 10:31 PM
Play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejesus belt that night.

Peppas
25th April 2011, 06:57 AM
<p>
Pup has forfeited as off tonight. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>He told me he does not come to this site anymore. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Peppas can you wait until July for the next round? Or we could play in the following dates beforehand. </p>
<p>Tomorrow</p>
<p>Next Saturday maybe</p>
<p>Monday Week</p>
<p>Wednesday Week</p>
<p>Thursday Week</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Hey grunt, I am away until tomorrow. I can play Thursday or Friday this week, or Sunday. I'm already booked in to play the comp @ shell cove on Saturday. Otherwise im at work all next week. I can wait until July... That'll give me time to work on my handicap :)

Grunt
25th April 2011, 07:26 AM
Looks like July it is, so long as everyone else is ok with it.

sms316
25th April 2011, 07:40 AM
Found the Greenkeepers special stash Pup? Is that why you're sleeping a lot?

90% of courses must have a secret stash growing on them somewhere. Best one I've seen was behind the hedge which surrounds the clubhouse at Duntryleague. About 10 feet from the front door.

Peppas
22nd June 2011, 09:23 PM
Looks like July it is, so long as everyone else is ok with it.

Hey Grunt when are you back?

Grunt
22nd June 2011, 10:59 PM
At this stage, I will be back in Sydney July 11. Will know more in the next few weeks. Definitely back before the end of July

Peppas
23rd June 2011, 04:36 AM
At this stage, I will be back in Sydney July 11. Will know more in the next few weeks. Definitely back before the end of July

No worries, just thought I would ask as I'd already planned a few different days of golf for July. Didn't want to use up all my free days incase you were back!