PDA

View Full Version : Hills International GC, Saturday June 25, 8:15a

AndyP
17th June 2005, 02:13 PM
I have just booked a group to play Hills International in Jimboomba Saturday week (25th) for 8:15a.
Format is Single Stableford from the white tees, and cost is $15.

I've played there once in a social game, and found the course pretty good. Definitely a course worth having a second crack at, as there are quite a few blind spots on the course.

If more than four sign up, I don't think there would be a problem getting another group close, as there was a full group straight after when I called.

1. AndyP

andylo
17th June 2005, 02:19 PM
1. AndyP
2. AndyLo
3. Kee

andylo
17th June 2005, 03:27 PM
AndyP, can you book a cart for 2 lamers pls ;)

AndyP
17th June 2005, 03:29 PM
AndyP, can you book a cart for 2 lamers pls ;)
No way. It's not that hilly, and that would be totally unsociable.

If you really want it, do it yourself. (07 5546 0667)
[-(

andylo
17th June 2005, 03:44 PM
ok ok :) I will need to convince Kee 1st :)

macleod
17th June 2005, 04:07 PM
id jump in but i think some others should have s crack there.

cmon g69, jump onboard!

AndyP
17th June 2005, 08:07 PM
id jump in but i think some others should have s crack there.

cmon g69, jump onboard!
Why not play, Macca? We'll just start another group if needed.

Jarro
17th June 2005, 09:52 PM
pretty hard to play when you've nearly chopped your thumb off :?

Trung
17th June 2005, 11:42 PM
I'm just testing the new registration system :lol:

BrisVegas
18th June 2005, 12:42 PM
pencil. :wink:

AndyP
18th June 2005, 05:38 PM
For the two Not Sures, just a reminder that I have only booked one group at this stage, with only one spot left in the first one.

If you are both in, we may just have to do groups of 2 and 3, and let others fill in those spots.

macleod
18th June 2005, 07:28 PM
pretty hard to play when you've nearly chopped your thumb off :?

bingo! ;)

oooh it's horrid today...so much dead flesh from the fillet....should it smell like almonds?

AndyP
20th June 2005, 03:22 PM
With andylo now hot on the tail of Kee in the handicap stakes, an extra element has come into this round.
Can A-Lo play under his handicap again? Will he be able to nail his first drive without the crowd?
Will Kee turn it on when the pressure is on?
Will it come to fisticuffs?

I'm glad I have a front row seat for all the action. ;)

andylo
20th June 2005, 03:28 PM
Can I borrow a set of Callaway cast from someone this time :lol:

Choppa
20th June 2005, 03:48 PM
Holy snappin' duck poo, I was registered to play this for a few minutes.....until I realised how far Jimboomba is from Narangba :cry:

I might as well have registered for a game in Cairns :?  BUGGER

markTHEblake
20th June 2005, 05:16 PM
its a pretty smooth drive down from brisbane. if i can make it from the gold coast you can

Jarro
20th June 2005, 05:23 PM
With andylo now hot on the tail of Kee in the handicap stakes, an extra element has come into this round.
Can A-Lo play under his handicap again?  Will he be able to nail his first drive without the crowd?  
Will Kee turn it on when the pressure is on?
Will it come to fisticuffs?

I'm glad I have a front row seat for all the action. ;)

it'll be interesting to see if someone else can play under their new handicap as well :wink:

AndyP
20th June 2005, 07:50 PM
it'll be interesting to see if someone else can play under their new handicap as well :wink:
Do you think the key word is under?

BrisVegas
20th June 2005, 08:10 PM
erased my "pencil". :(

Sorry Andy x 2 and Kee, but I'm going to be in Toowoomba visiting family on Friday night and Saturday now...

Have a good one.

AndyP
23rd June 2005, 10:04 AM
Peter_Rs, are you still a "maybe" for this?

peter_rs
23rd June 2005, 07:50 PM
could be is it of the white or blue- I will have to see what happens on friday

how long would it take to drive down from brisbane?

AndyP
23rd June 2005, 08:42 PM

From the white tees.

From the city, at a guess, 40-45 minutes to get to Jimboomba.

macleod
23rd June 2005, 09:46 PM

From the white tees.

From the city, at a guess, 40-45 minutes to get to Jimboomba.

about 36 minutes with the lights and keeping a constant legal speed over the distance ;)

go on, you'll love it out there peter, well worth the drive!

AndyP
26th June 2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the day Andy & Kee. It was a pleasure to play with you both and I can see the improvement continuing.

1. AndyLo 40 pts
2. Kee 35 pts
3. AndyP 28 pts

Andy has definitely improved on his putting, and this was demonstrated by getting a lot of monster putts close to the hole for an easy 2 putt, and even sinking a couple. Previously, he was getting nowhere near it, and almost ensuring that he would three putt.
His ball striking came to the fore on the back nine. From memory he had a steak of 4,3,3,2,3 pts, which would have mostly been pars. And he loved it, with fist pumps galore. (I stongly encourage this sort of behaviour. :mrgreen: )
There is no reason why his h/cap won't continue to decrease, as he still missed some sitter putts, and made a few poor decisions during the day.
Keep it up, Andy.

Kee was pretty solid thoughout the day, and just fell away a little at the end. (Probably because he was thinking about how well he was going.)
The fourth member in our group labelled him as "Beckham", as in "Bend it like", due to his huge "draw" around obstacles with the 3W.
A more relaxed attitude paid off on the whole, so hopefully he can keep playing golf that way. He looked good with the putter, and it was just a few very poor shots here and there that let him down. As soon as his mind works out that he can play this game, then there should be plenty of improvement.

-------------------------

The course itself was very disappointing. The bunkers are an absolute joke, as a lot of them are compacted like a cart path :roll:, and haven't been tidied up after rain, with puddle marks in the centre. The fairways are extremely bare, but the greens are OK. But one of the other guys can comment on the greens, as I was swearing at them quite a bit by the end of the day.

It's the second time I have played the course, and I was keen to try it again, where I wouldn't be playing holes blind. It was even better having a local in our group.
However, this time the trick holes just seemed annoying.
A par 4, where the best play was to hit a 5I, then a 3W to the green!!!
There were two T-shots that I hit nicely onto fairways, that left me with bunt shots underneath trees to get to the green. One of these was the 17th, that even the local thought was shit. The trees overhang such that if you don't get passed them, you only have a very small gap where you can actually fly it to the green. :evil: The green itself slopes straight back down towards the fairway, and all three of us who completed the hole, three putted.

I don't think I will be making the drive down there in a hurry, as there are plenty of better courses around that are closer.