PDA

View Full Version : What's the longest putt you've ever made ?

Jarro
20th February 2011, 02:12 PM
I made one today at Nudgee on our par 4 5th hole (index 2)

For those that know the hole, the pin was tucked back left, and i hit my approach to just on the front right edge of the green. This left me about 27 meters of green to cover (i checked it out on Google Earth) with a severe right to left break. I wish it was for birdie but i had to settle for par ;)

What's the longest putt you've ever made ?

markTHEblake
20th February 2011, 04:02 PM
there is not that many greens around that give you the opportunity to hole such a long putt, so thats probably going to be close to the 'record' but i am sure some wanker is going to claim a 40m putt on a double green - that really doesnt count does it :-)

The only long putt that I can actually remember is at the 5th at Riverlakes. Google earth tells me that is 38m from fringe to fringe, and i made a putt from the front left to a back right pin. So would be about the same as your 27m putt. what i do remember is that it was a bloody long putt - pretty sure it was in the matchplay against Eags

Courty
20th February 2011, 05:29 PM
I made a looooong one on the practice green at Paradise Palms right before my Matchplay against Mike last year (or maybe the year before). Plenty will probably say it means nothing as it was on the practice green, but the fact was that Mike (and a few others) witnessed it, and it rattled him. FWIW, I went on to shoot 79 and win the match. 8)

mike
20th February 2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah I was going to mention that but I decided to leave it to you.

Yep it rattled me. But so did the other 10 monster putts you sunk that day.

mike
20th February 2011, 05:33 PM
Just for the record it was a 34 metre putt with about 2 metres of break. Never looked like missing.

Courty
20th February 2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah I was going to mention that but I decided to leave it to you.

Yep it rattled me. But so did the other 10 monster putts you sunk that day.

What can I say... you won't have that problem this year. :oops:

matty
20th February 2011, 05:34 PM
About 20m. Nothing too freaky.

Tongueboy
20th February 2011, 05:46 PM
about 4 feet

Moe Norman
20th February 2011, 05:49 PM
very back of the 3rd at Gailes down the slope to the very front pin. Not huge, but biggest I can remember

Jarro
20th February 2011, 05:59 PM
very back of the 3rd at Gailes down the slope to the very front pin. Not huge, but biggest I can remember

That's a fairly long green with a few tiers in it if i remember correctly ??

Nice work

jaybam
20th February 2011, 06:26 PM
From the front edge of the 10 th green at kooralbyn to the back. Was a fairly long green from memory. Lucky It hit the hole or it was way off the green. Hit the hole dead center jumped up in the air and dropped into the cup.

Golfnut
20th February 2011, 07:04 PM
Does it count if it's not in comp?

Thought I'd get in b4 Jack does ;)

Jarro
20th February 2011, 07:09 PM
Does it count if it's not in comp?

Thought I'd get in b4 Jack does ;)

Sure.

Unlike Jacks hole-in-one

Golfnut
20th February 2011, 07:21 PM
In that case; dropped a bomb on the 9th at Wembley Old course after an very average approach that only just found the bottom left of the green with the pin up high on the top right side......I've probably dropped some longer ones than this but it sticks in my memory because it went in for a bird and I recorded my best 9 holes ever with a 3 over 39 (followed the back 9 with a 41)......h'cap was around 18 at that point too which made it even more special). Distance was around 15m with about 3-4m of break.

Eag's
20th February 2011, 07:33 PM
I holed one a long time ago at the Willows (NQ) on the par 3 8th.
Pin was cut way back & left, I was front right, leaving me with 2 dead elephants to navigate, roughly 30m I would say.

adlo
20th February 2011, 07:37 PM
How you seem to think you actually have a handicap, and that it moves up and down, amazes me Golfnut.

I dropped a bomb on Binningup #8 a few years back to par the bastard. Almost the full length of the green.

Golfnut
20th February 2011, 07:45 PM
You're easily amazed these days my lord.

Bruce
20th February 2011, 08:21 PM
About 25m on the 6th at 13th Beach.

Second longest was responsible for the best. sand save. ever :)

PeteyD
20th February 2011, 09:33 PM
I've dropped some bombs. That is a hell of a putt on that mongrel green Jarro!

shazza_rs
20th February 2011, 09:44 PM
You forgot to mention that the whole group parred that hole today :)

PS.... nice putt!

Jarro
21st February 2011, 07:16 AM
I've dropped some bombs. That is a hell of a putt on that mongrel green Jarro!

Thanks Pete. I was absolutely in the wrong place for every shot on that damn hole :(

You forgot to mention that the whole group parred that hole today :)

PS.... nice putt!

That's right, we all kicked that holes arse :lol:

kar
21st February 2011, 07:49 AM
Over 50 feet for an eagle. Unfortunately it was not done in a comp :(

Pieface
21st February 2011, 12:23 PM
Nothing too crazy. About 12 meters on the green. I have Texas wedged in from about 40m on Carramar 8 for bird though.

TourFit
21st February 2011, 12:37 PM
Holed a big 'un at The Vines once...12th hole on Lakes course (12 on the Champ for Johnnie Walker/Heineken). The green is almost 50m from front to back, and it slopes from back to front. I sucked my iron shot down the tier to the bottom part of the green, and the pin was up the back right. A mate was tending the flag and voila...straight in. He called me a name (c*n't remember what it was though).

Same friend, different course. Secret Harbour 2nd. Long downhill Par 5. Got there in two but was on front of green. Pin was back right on another tier. There is also a large swale that cuts into the green and gives the putt a LOT of break. Length was about 27m or so by my reckoning. After it went in he picked the ball out and threw it as hard as he could, WAAAAYYYY into the bush...never found it!

CanuckDownUnder
24th February 2011, 12:23 AM
50ish ft down hill from the fringe. Kew. 6th hole fast and furious

AndyP
24th February 2011, 09:41 AM
I have no idea what length my longest putt would be. I guess if I had sunk a massive putt, I'd remember it.

peter_rs
24th February 2011, 10:51 AM
Middle Ridge 1st (10th now). Eagle from the front left to back right putt.

Marto65
25th February 2011, 09:34 AM
Holed 2 x 40' in a row the only time I played The National old course ... on the 7th and 8th ... over old dead elephants ...

The one I holed at Gailes on the first the other day playing with Ferrins and Moe wasn't bad either ...

Neither was the one I holed from the front right of the green to the back left on the 8th at Gailes in a QLD Open qualifier ... and birdied the next to get in by a shot ...

BrisWesty
27th February 2011, 04:56 PM
22m or so from near the front left of the 10th at Caboolture to a pin most of the way back and slightly right. That's the longest I can remember.

Hux
27th February 2011, 10:45 PM
I missed one at around 2 feet for birdie on the 12th at Nudgee the other weekend but I think I have missed shorter once or twice.

Eag's
28th February 2011, 07:53 AM
I missed one at around 2 feet for birdie on the 12th at Nudgee the other weekend but I think I have missed shorter once or twice.

You should start a thread about the shortest putt you have ever missed?? :razz:

PeteyD
28th February 2011, 10:27 AM
Didn't someone whiff a 1" putt at the champs?

Nuffie
1st March 2011, 02:03 AM
Made a 50 footer at cabramatta on the 3rd. I aimed at the right edge of the green and hit it as hard as I could. It broke about 10 m and then the ball vanished. Couldnt believe it. Up until November last year, was my closest effort to a hole in one. The 3rd at cabra had a 4-club difference from front to back.

Veefore
2nd March 2011, 09:24 PM
Longest for me was on the 6th green at Yokine during some open event last year. The ball was right up the back, just a few inches from being off the green. The flag was right down the front about 22-23 paces away (I'm short so maybe slightly less than a yard or so each stride). It was a big downhiller with (I think) a large tier in the middle. As soon as I hit the ball I knew it had to hit the hole dead centre or I was going to be pitching back up to the green. Amazingly, the ball just found its own track and dived straight into the middle of the hole.