PDA

View Full Version : Changing Teams

Tongueboy
16th February 2011, 03:41 PM
Who has supported a team and the following year taken your support elsewhere? and who has jumped half way through a season?

How could anyone do it and why would you do it?:shock:

This goes for all codes not just league.

Tongueboy
16th February 2011, 03:43 PM
before any cheap shots I would never change and if they weren't there I would not watch the game.

sms316
I bet Solarman has changed teams a few times.

AndyP
mike used to go for Illawarra, but now he goes for St George.

Tomson
16th February 2011, 03:56 PM
I bet Solarman has changed teams a few times.

I bet courty knows this first hand from there recent trip to Townsville together.

PeteyD
16th February 2011, 04:00 PM
Only time I considered moving away from the Tigers was the Hoppa incident. But then I remembered he was from Manly on loan.

Reds - never.

Oakland Raiders - never.

Dave
16th February 2011, 04:06 PM
Jumped off Brisbane lions at the start of last year cause they are sell outs

Seriously considering jumping on North Melbourne cause they are pretty local, need the support and wear the right colours

Eag's
16th February 2011, 04:13 PM
A real supporter would never consider jumping ships.

Tongueboy
16th February 2011, 04:17 PM

+1

AllanH
16th February 2011, 04:22 PM
Never, you're in for life....

TheTrueReview
16th February 2011, 04:32 PM
Yep, sometimes circumstances dictate the change. Used to follow Manly & still don't mind them. But couldn't for the life of me support the bastard child that was the Northern Eagles. Moved across to the Roosters during the Northern Eagles period & stayed.

Jarro
16th February 2011, 04:37 PM

:smt023

kpac
16th February 2011, 04:44 PM
supported (modestly) QLD roar, until the Gold Coast team was announced. Seeing QLD roar changed to Brisbane roar i considered loyalties needed to be reassessed.

Nothing wrong with changing allegiances for the right reason. Jumped off the Aussie cricket team bandwagon many years ago, and i'm hoping things change in the future which we see me get back on board. Dont see the problem with it.

MegaWatty
16th February 2011, 04:47 PM
Who did all the Broncos support follow before the Broncos entered the comp?

henno
16th February 2011, 04:50 PM
supported (modestly) QLD roar, until the Gold Coast team was announced. Seeing QLD roar changed to Brisbane roar i considered loyalties needed to be reassessed.

Nothing wrong with changing allegiances for the right reason. Jumped off the Aussie cricket team bandwagon many years ago, and i'm hoping things change in the future which we see me get back on board. Dont see the problem with it.

^^^ This.

I know more than a few locals that have jumped off both the Roar and Broncos bandwagons since they got teams of their own. I can only assume the same will happen with AFL and I see no real problem with it.

Canberra (was full o' my favourite QLDers at the time) and the Wynnum Seagulls. BRL fo' life!

sms316
16th February 2011, 04:55 PM
Canberra (was full o' my favourite QLDers at the time)

Turncoat.

Jarro

Moe Norman
I followed the Bulldogs with faint interest until the Storm joined, then I lost interest altogether. I then tried to get on the Titans, but I just don't like the sport at all, and trying to follow a team was my idea to get more interested and it didn't work.

I follow the Reds, but am considering the Rebels - but its not a 'team franchise' sport as such, so pretty much limited in your options anyway.

I have followed Collingwood since birth and will never even consider a switch of allegiance.

titties_all_i_see_r_balls
16th February 2011, 05:01 PM
Collingwood supporter since birth and would never ever consider changing teams, greatest club on earth!!

sol381
16th February 2011, 05:18 PM
was a valleys supporter before broncos... been a parramatta supporter since i can remember.. was in grade 10 in 1981 and parra won 3 in a row in 81,82,83.. last 3 years of high school was great. hate the broncos to death even tho brissie born and bred.. carlton supporter but follow the lions when playing well.

up the diehards

Jarro
16th February 2011, 05:19 PM
Strudwick was a wanker !!

BrettM
16th February 2011, 05:23 PM

Wynnum Manly Seagulls.

Jarro
16th February 2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAQPXnGtLLs

AndyP
16th February 2011, 05:30 PM
carlton supporter but follow the lions when playing well.

Despicable.

Marto65
16th February 2011, 05:30 PM
Only time I considered moving away from the Tigers was the Hoppa incident. But then I remembered he was from Manly on loan.

The Tigers were the ones who taught him that stuff and were laughing at the videos of that crap ... Manly just threw him a lifeline.

BrettM
16th February 2011, 05:31 PM
Ahhh, good old Saturday afternoon footy.

Jarro
16th February 2011, 05:33 PM
I notice nobody was game to throw any at Billy Johnstone.

Peter Dutton was about as good a fighter as he was a baseball player :roll:

Xray
16th February 2011, 05:39 PM
Parramatta supporter until the Bronco's
Collingwood until the Brisbane Bears/Lions
QLD REDS

sol381
16th February 2011, 06:51 PM
Strudwick was a wanker !!

thems fighting words.. their 1979 team was one of the best ever in any comp. strudwick captain coach

sol381
16th February 2011, 06:54 PM
Ok one more as its a tad off topic but heres another top GF punch up.
makes that Ice Hockey stuff look kinda soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMIRJhgkdc&NR=1

was at that game.. was 30,000 people there and 29,900 north supporters.. had to curb my cheering after valleys won in case i got flogged. i miss the brisbane rugby league.nothing like it used to be

mike
16th February 2011, 06:58 PM
mike used to go for Illawarra, but now he goes for St George.:roll:

I've followed the same team since 1982. They just changed their name in 1999.

MegaWatty
16th February 2011, 06:59 PM
My brother in law asked me if I'd changed teams when I told him that I don't drink much anymore...

WBennett
16th February 2011, 07:22 PM
NRL - Raiders since 82. Had a Steve Morris St George jumper when I was 5, but nobody has ever admitted brainwashing me into that jumper.
Collingwood since I was about 7 - so 82 as well. Played junior soccer in black and white stripes, came home and saw my first ever game of Aussie Rules, there was a team wearing Black and white stripes. That was good enough for me.
I've bought a membership to GWS to encourage football in the ACT, but they will never by my number 1 team. I think of it as my personal AFL development grant.

markTHEblake
16th February 2011, 07:40 PM
followed Brisbane Easts (johnny lang) and Manly Warringah (Eadie) up until grade 7. Then I watched my first game of Footy and followed Collingwood ever since, never watched nor cared about rugby again from that day.

Jarro
16th February 2011, 07:48 PM
My brother in law asked me if I'd changed teams when I told him that I don't drink much anymore...

Well have you ?

Bruce Dickinson
16th February 2011, 07:50 PM
unfortunately I'm West Ham Utd till the day I die. My four year old loves to wear his hammers kit, i don't have the heart to tell him he's got a lifetime of mediocrity, frequent disappointment intermingled with the occassional memorable moment.

MegaWatty
16th February 2011, 07:52 PM
We'll have you.

No thanks. I'm good.

Bruce Dickinson
16th February 2011, 07:58 PM
I sometimes think I've failed as a father when I walk into my oldest's bedroom with the posters of Manu and Rooney all over the place.

Its all about the glory these days....... I still remember going to Upton Park with my nan (season ticket holder) when I was seven, claret and blue is in the genes

sms316
16th February 2011, 08:12 PM
My parents tried to make me a Carlton supporter. I think they were disappointed when I told them that Australian Rules was a poofters sport at the age of 10. Then I watched a game of League in late September in 1989 and knew the path was green.

mike
16th February 2011, 08:45 PM
followed Brisbane Easts (johnny lang) and Manly Warringah (Eadie) up until grade 7. Then I watched my first game of Footy and followed Collingwood ever since, never watched nor cared about rugby again from that day.What about rugby league?

PerryGroves
16th February 2011, 08:53 PM
I have an interest in most sports but I am Manly Warringah RLFC till the day I die, apart from my family / friends it is the one constant in my life. It has been a great ride, 70's premierships, tough at times when the News Ltd tools tried to take our game but we are still here. There is something special about growing up and all your mates support the one team, the geography of Sydney gives you that, AFL is different because your team comes to you differently. Changing teams please.

dean0820
16th February 2011, 09:14 PM
why would you support any one team at all? it's the sport i love, not the team.

Courty
16th February 2011, 09:52 PM
I switched when the Titans started up. I 'sort of' supported Cronulla since I was a kid but couldn't remember why, and didn't fancy either the Broncos or Cowboys. So when a new QLD team came along, I jumped at the chance. I've found I'm much more passionate about supporting these guys, and I'm guessing that it's because they're based in QLD.

Marto65
16th February 2011, 10:01 PM
Was a Rabbitohs supporter ... until my dad took me to a semi final in 1972 ... Easts V Manly. I went supporting the Roosters ... and Manly flogged them. As seven year olds do ... I told everyone I was really going for Manly. And it stuck ... go you mighty Sea Eagles.

Goldy
16th February 2011, 10:06 PM
Fitzroy. Until Brisbane stole our identity.

Now North.

dc68
16th February 2011, 10:12 PM
I supported the MIGHTY Western Suburbs Panthers Pre- Broncos. Hopefully they will get back into the BRL soon.

Courty
16th February 2011, 10:15 PM
Courty...wht didn't you go with the Cows ?

Because I didn't feel like joining the pack of bogans running to support them.

dc68
16th February 2011, 10:19 PM
Because I didn't feel like joining the pack of bogans running to support them.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! OMG you should see the scum that support the bloody Titans.

Courty
16th February 2011, 10:24 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! OMG you should see the scum that support the bloody Titans.

Yeah, but I'm positive there is a higher concentration of them up here. I should know, I have to play golf with 3 of them on a weekly basis. ;)

Outcast
16th February 2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but I'm positive there is a higher concentration of them up here. I should know, I have to play golf with 3 of them on a weekly basis. ;)

You goin straight to hell for that one.....:evil:

Sydney Hacker
17th February 2011, 09:53 AM
I would consider switching my allegiance away from the Broncos, or adding a second team, since it appears I am stuck in Sydney for life :(, however I live on the Nth Shore so my options are sticking with the Bronc's or Manly...

No way ever would I consider supporting that bunch of &*%#'s!

PerryGroves
17th February 2011, 12:32 PM
I would consider switching my allegiance away from the Broncos, or adding a second team, since it appears I am stuck in Sydney for life :(, however I live on the Nth Shore so my options are sticking with the Bronc's or Manly...

No way ever would I consider supporting that bunch of &*%#'s!

Central Coast Bears ??

shavey
17th February 2011, 01:16 PM
Coming from Geelong, I had no option but to support the Cats. Then made the move to the Goldie and followed the Bears, watching them getting dusted at Carrara every other weekend by plenty. Then Bears to Lions of course. And the Broncos since their inception but loved the BRL. Couldn't understand why the NSWRL didn't embrace the BRL sooner.. Then again, they've probably been asking themselves the last five years why they did at all! QUEENSLANDER!

Usually anything local gets my nod however I won't be making the move to Titans or Suns!

Unfortunately in this day in age you have to love the team and not the players, who all too often forsake coin for club.

Sydney Hacker
17th February 2011, 09:12 PM
Central Coast Bears ??

If they get in I would consider it, but I actually think things are starting to turn against them getting into the comp and the next team will be another from Qld.