PDA

View Full Version : US Open Tipping Comp

Fishman Dan
14th June 2005, 05:56 PM
Mentioned in another thread, who wants let's give this another go (yes Damo, i'm still good for my debt :roll:). As I suggested, i'm proposing a slight rule change. Pick 4 golfers, scores from best 3 finishers (4 completed rounds) count towards final score (strokes, or versus par)

Otherwise we could stick to last years format of pick 3 golfers, Total Prize Money tallied at the conclusion of the tournament.

Interest?

Courty
14th June 2005, 06:48 PM
I'm in.

As far as the format goes, I'm undecided on Fishboy's idea. How do you resolve ties?

I still like the old way of combining prize money...

As in previous picking comps, there should be an exclusive list of players (top 10 world ranking?) which we can only pick 2 from, so everyone gets a roughie as well. Or how about this: everyone  only gets to pick one from the top 10 and two roughies. That should spice it up a bit.

Top 10 atm is as follows:
Tiger
VJ
Ernie
Lefty
Goosen
Sergio
Adam Scott
DiMarco
Toms

Assuming we go ahead with my suggested format, my picks will be:
Matt Sing's cousin (Vijay)
Pommy git (Luke Donald)
Stewart "Fix my" Cink

markTHEblake
14th June 2005, 06:56 PM
there is a guy in the US that runs a comp called "Crazy 8's" in a newsgroup: rec.sport.golf G69 and Myself used to go in this one.

it has a huge following - all you do is pick 8 players and total prizemoney counts.

I talked to G69 about it, but we concurred that it would be too hard for you lot to figure out.

Fishman Dan
14th June 2005, 09:02 PM
How do you resolve ties?

Countback?

Eag's
15th June 2005, 09:08 AM
Ok I am in for this my 4 are
Tim Clark
Kenny Perry
Scott Verplank
David Toms

Onewood
15th June 2005, 06:01 PM
I'm in with the 2 top 10 only picks 8)

VJ
Ernie
Padraig Harrington
Davis Love III

Is it still $5 (plus freight) :D

Courty
15th June 2005, 06:07 PM
Before we go any further, can we agree on how we're going to do it?

I made some suggestions, but no-one gave any feedback.

Fishbreath?

Bruce
16th June 2005, 07:37 PM
I dunno guys - this Pinehurst No.2 doesn't look too hard.

I just fired up TW2004 and had a crack at it. I was pretty rusty having not played for ages but still went round in a 58.

-22 or -23 for the winner I think. :wink:

damoocow
16th June 2005, 10:17 PM
Well I should stay more up to date with world events - came here to place tips - log on to us open site to check field and discover it had already started............oh what a fool am I.................

damoocow

PS Bruce - meant to ask , what did you think of Let Loose Live ??

Fishman Dan
17th June 2005, 08:04 AM
Before we go any further, can we agree on how we're going to do it?

I made some suggestions, but no-one gave any feedback.

Fishbreath?

No one seemed super-keen, so i wasn't going to get too carried away with it. We should start sorting the field a week out from the British Open.