PDA

View Full Version : Tiger - gaaaaaawwwwnnnnnn !

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

virge666
11th February 2011, 08:39 AM
To rehash an old thread - he is rubbish. Which is still pretty awesome by my standards.

The swing looks sort of OK... but no where near as good as Adam Scott who is what he use to look like. His short game is that of a good amateur and his putting inside 10 feet is now mortal.

My prediction is maybe a win this year, wouldn't be surprised if there are none. And at least 2 missed cuts.

The guy is a has been !

:mrgreen:

3oneday
11th February 2011, 08:42 AM
It's a shame really, but I think I said in this same thread last year that he won't win another major. When he shot those 2 rounds in the 60's I began hoping I was wrong.

He adds so much to the PGA Tour, it will struggle to attract the big name sponsors if his game dies a painful death. He did say however that his swing changes were taking time, so fingers crossed that's all it is.

Webster
11th February 2011, 08:46 AM
Heres why Virge (can someone embed this pls):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OD52PB2d6g

Yossarian
11th February 2011, 08:55 AM

Captain Nemo
11th February 2011, 08:57 AM
Ive had a quite large bet that Tiger wont win a major this year, so i love to see hime chop it each week!

MegaWatty
11th February 2011, 09:23 AM
His vintage 3 wood into 18 to make eagle, after struggling all day, obviously wasn't a good sign then.

Moe Norman
11th February 2011, 09:30 AM
that was a sweet shot after a day of struggles. He even managed to initimidate Westwood into a soft 6 in the process

3oneday
11th February 2011, 09:38 AM
Interesting video, thanks Jack.

sol381
11th February 2011, 09:56 AM
that shakira bit was pretty funny. whod have thought the golf swing was so complicated. beats me why he tried to change his swing in the first place. looks like me might be thinking way too much. graeme mcdowalls swing is a simple as it gets.. i reckon he will win another major this year

virge666
11th February 2011, 10:48 AM
Heres why Virge (can someone embed this pls):

What a crock of shit. Hands on the clubshaft plane!! - FFS, Are we all going to play Moe Norman style ? (I guess you put it up as a joke Jack.)

You cant stick numbers and lines on a golf swing and then make up reasons why it is bad. It is what f*ckwits do to try and sell dodgey internet "fix your swing by 10 strokes today" scams.

Tiger has 3 main strengths - he has always had them.

1. His short game was the best in the world. he would get up and down out of a phone booth.
2. His putting inside 10ft was super human
3. His distance control with his wedges was inside 10-15ft all day long.

Now...

He is hitting all his chip shots fat, he is missing inside just 6ft often enough and his distance control with longer putts is not there. From inside 100m he is lucky to have 25ft putts.

He has always been ordinary with the driver... but even on his bad days - his game inside 100m and putting would save him. He also cannot control the ball in the air - especially the hold off cut shot. he is really struggling to get the ball to fade.

Forget the technical aspects - he has a steeper S&T Rotary kind of swing now - things are always going to be different. The problem is that he has no longer got the short game to save himself or keep the momentum going through the bad holes.

G A W N !

IanO
11th February 2011, 10:51 AM
Those quickfix videos on how to fix your swing are always a crock on youtube.

Virge .. great to see you calling 'em as you see 'em :mrgreen:

MegaWatty
11th February 2011, 10:53 AM
I always thought his head was the best part of his game. Never the best swinger of the club and rarely hit lots of fairways, but always backed himself. That shot on 18 showed that when his head is right he still has great ability.

I think the question is whether he can keep his head in that zone for 72 holes.

idgolfguy
11th February 2011, 10:55 AM
You have to travel the Wilderness before you can master your domain. Still think he will win one this year. He is currently cleansing his soul.

BayBum
11th February 2011, 11:05 AM
It took him 20 years of golf to lock in his swing,changing now aint gonna happen over night & he is the first to admit that.IMO,he says to the media its a work in progress but when he gets out on the course he is expecting instant results,thats typical arrogant Tiger for ya.Maybe he's been laxing on te short game prac with all this new swing crap goin on ?

I hope he gets back to a good place & stomps on jacks record.Winning one this year (i think he will) would be a nice start me thinks...

markTHEblake
11th February 2011, 11:07 AM
What a crock of shit. Hands on the clubshaft plane!!

i was surprised the guy started talking about centrifugal force. Hasnt the importance/relevance of that been revealed to be a myth and thrown out long ago?

kpac
11th February 2011, 11:50 AM
but no where near as good as Adam Scott who is what he use to look like. His short game is that of a good amateur and his putting inside 10 feet is now mortal.

So will Adam win one or more this year??

Yossarian
11th February 2011, 11:53 AM
Adam also can't putt, so none.

TourFit
11th February 2011, 12:15 PM
Adam also can't putt, so none.

Even Yoss has started to putt better than Adam (Scott, that is) :shock:

Yossarian
11th February 2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks, I think.

simmsy
11th February 2011, 12:58 PM
i'd back Yoss from 10' before adam scott these days....

never thought i would say that!

virge666
11th February 2011, 01:32 PM
So will Adam win one or more this year??

He probably will - for the 2 weeks he putts properly. Maybe in Asia or a mini Euro tour.

i was surprised the guy started talking about centrifugal force. Hasnt the importance/relevance of that been revealed to be a myth and thrown out long ago?

Yeah mate - the narrator is a muppet from somewhere in the 60's. Probably from the "Late hit" era.

Low hands = Yips
bump vs rotation
217% better vs 307% worse.

Total crock of the proverbial.

markTHEblake
11th February 2011, 04:03 PM
i was interested in what he had to say about the microscopic muscle bits, i had not heard of such a thing before, and wondering how that might apply to me generally.

bergsey
11th February 2011, 05:11 PM
Tiger also used to have a significant distance advantage on the field, particularly when courses were lengthened or 'Tiger Proofed' which actually gave him more of an advantage.

I haven't looked at the stats but i gather with the young guys bombing it that he has lost any advantage that he had in this area.

Jarro
11th February 2011, 05:13 PM
He's always been a long hitter and is still up there with the rest of the young 'uns.

As Virge said though, he's lost the aura of invincibility when it comes to the short game and putting.

Shame to see really :(

rubin
11th February 2011, 06:14 PM
that shakira bit was pretty funny. whod have thought the golf swing was so complicated. beats me why he tried to change his swing in the first place. looks like me might be thinking way too much. graeme mcdowalls swing is a simple as it gets.. i reckon he will win another major this year

From what I believe, and looking at the changes he has made, it was a result of the leg/knee injuries he has had. He cant generate the same 'explosiveness' as he called, as what he used to. I'd also heard that it was because of this he started to develop a bad wrist-flick action.

MegaWatty
11th February 2011, 07:09 PM
6 under through 15 today.

Current leader.

G A W N.

razaar
11th February 2011, 07:13 PM
Tiger also used to have a significant distance advantage on the field, particularly when courses were lengthened or 'Tiger Proofed' which actually gave him more of an advantage.

I haven't looked at the stats but i gather with the young guys bombing it that he has lost any advantage that he had in this area.Tigers advantage has been in his putting and having the guts to pull off the big shots at the right time. I doubt that there is anybody on the planet who knows more about Tiger's game than Tiger and more about the golf swing as it relates to him. He has probably watched his swing more than a million times. So why is he now in limbo? Maybe he is strarting to realize that he is a different person. The public humiliation he suffered would have left a scar or two on his psyche and it might be that at this stage of his career he needs to make changes. I never thought that he would change putters and he probably wouldn't have if his private life had remained hidden. Moving to a Nike putter would have been a token to Nike for staying with him when others were cutting the cord. Now that he has changed some of the magic has gone from his putting. He has pulled off some amazing and unbelievable shots over the years and I'm betting he will be back in the thick of it in the near future. He is just that good.

titties_all_i_see_r_balls
11th February 2011, 07:18 PM
I hope he makes it back, he does unbelievable things more reguarly on the golf course than any other player.

virge666
11th February 2011, 09:17 PM
I hope he makes it back, he does unbelievable things more reguarly on the golf course than any other player.

Amen to that . . .

MW - You serious ?

Bloody Fox Sports - not going to see any of it because Aussie Baseball is on TV.

MegaWatty
11th February 2011, 09:18 PM
Yup. Serious. He was off early today.

Dingo
11th February 2011, 09:19 PM
Tiger has 3 main strengths - he has always had them.
1. His short game was the best in the world. he would get up and down out of a phone booth.
2. His putting inside 10ft was super human
3. His distance control with his wedges was inside 10-15ft all day long.

Agreed, especially with his putting inside 10ft. He was better than a machine. At that level, it's all about turning three shots into two (or one).

Jarro
11th February 2011, 09:52 PM
Amen to that . . .

MW - You serious ?

Bloody Fox Sports - not going to see any of it because Aussie Baseball is on TV.

Agreed.

As much as i love watching baseball, watching the Aussie stuff is just boring as :roll:

Bring on the golf already !!!!!!!!!!!!

TheTrueReview
11th February 2011, 10:18 PM
Holy back to the future Batman!! Eldrick hits a second round 66. Currently sitting -7 & T4. Scoreboard (http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011007/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y)

http://www.europeantour.com/mm/photo/tournament/tournaments/13/38/63/133863%5fm20.jpg

idgolfguy
12th February 2011, 09:28 AM
Was 66 lowest for the day!

Ned
12th February 2011, 10:25 AM
Tigers advantage has been in his putting and having the guts to pull off the big shots at the right time. I doubt that there is anybody on the planet who knows more about Tiger's game than Tiger and more about the golf swing as it relates to him. He has probably watched his swing more than a million times. So why is he now in limbo? Maybe he is strarting to realize that he is a different person. The public humiliation he suffered would have left a scar or two on his psyche and it might be that at this stage of his career he needs to make changes. I never thought that he would change putters and he probably wouldn't have if his private life had remained hidden. Moving to a Nike putter would have been a token to Nike for staying with him when others were cutting the cord. Now that he has changed some of the magic has gone from his putting. He has pulled off some amazing and unbelievable shots over the years and I'm betting he will be back in the thick of it in the near future. He is just that good.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6103066&categoryid=2630020

Ned
12th February 2011, 10:34 AM
http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/02/caught-on-tape-tigers-laundry-list-of-swing-changes.html

virge666
25th February 2011, 09:43 AM
I see that Tiger is still GAAAAAAWWWWNNNN !

Chipped and putted like a muppet.

THAT shot on the 19th was an awesome repeat of the shot on the 2nd, with an iron !

Whatever he is doing - it is not working...

Eag's
25th February 2011, 12:35 PM
How about his comment when asked about the progress with his swing changes.
"I am pissed" :lol:

Minor_Threat
25th February 2011, 03:11 PM
Yep just smacked him 6/4 on the PS3 ;)

3oneday
25th February 2011, 03:18 PM
So, is he doing a Baker-Finch ? Why did his change his swing, it's not like it was going to shit !

Marto65
25th February 2011, 03:38 PM
He should suck it up and go back to Butch ...

TheTrueReview
25th February 2011, 04:32 PM
He should suck it up and go back to Butch ...

Yep, he should do a Badds & get rid of his coach & his dud swing. Tiger is in the doldrums & it's painful to watch.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/pgatour/2011/tournaments/r470/02/23/wednesday-wrap/tiger-woods-wrap.jpg http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01dw0FH10f2oT/613x459.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

MegaWatty
25th February 2011, 04:44 PM
That was an awesome moment seeing Badds so pumped up.

virge666
25th February 2011, 05:01 PM
That was an awesome moment seeing Badds so pumped up.

The putt he sunk for that moment had about 200 meters of break in it and downhill !

Awesome putt.

MegaWatty
25th February 2011, 05:18 PM
Kevin Na loved it!

simmsy
25th February 2011, 06:45 PM
great reaction from Na wasn't it.

MegaWatty
31st March 2011, 11:47 PM
Simmsy was telling me about the video on SITD with PP and Elk.

Look in the video vault for this: "PP Playing With The Cat" - Episode #372.

virge666
11th April 2011, 07:42 PM
OK,

Tiger is starting to get a groove - he can finally move the ball left to right with some control.

Now - let's see if he can find his short game... and the amazing talent of missing 1 putt under 4 feet all year . . .

Ned
11th April 2011, 07:45 PM
OK,

Tiger is starting to get a groove - he can finally move the ball left to right with some control.

Now - let's see if he can find his short game... and the amazing talent of missing 1 putt under 4 feet all year . . .

+1

Hamo84
11th April 2011, 08:00 PM
Only seen some highlights, but some of those shots of Tiger's were bloody fantastic today. Just a shame he couldnt get the job done today.

goughy
11th April 2011, 08:02 PM
Was talking with my dad this morning. Is Tiger the only golfer who can look like he's playing like crap and still produce a score? I mean, sometimes he just looks plain awful, yet still shoots under par.

razaar
11th April 2011, 08:28 PM
The boy has got talent. Some of the shots he manufactured off the pine straw were amazing - the shot on 17 (in the 3rd round) with his thighs parallel to the ground and the cut shot on 13 (final round).
As Mike mentioned in another thread, he would have won this comfortably if he had putted like he did a few years ago. He made Mickelson look rather ordinary, I thought.

McMw
11th April 2011, 08:42 PM
so who isit that sux? Tiger or Sean?
he missed his iron distances coming in R3, and also a couple coming in R4...

virge666
11th April 2011, 08:49 PM
so who isit that sux? Tiger or Sean?
he missed his iron distances coming in R3, and also a couple coming in R4...

He still wants to come underneath on a few shots to get the ball to cut - and then he is in real trouble.

he can play right to left perfectly and always had... but now his cut shots are not all over the place distance wise, and THAT is a big sign for everyone else.

His chipping is still shit, the face is soooo shut . . . - but when you hit 17 greens - who cares. :)

He sunk a few putts today which always helps.

Adam still has one the best swings going round though !! Awesome choke by Rory - he wanted to crawl into a box on the 13th...

Iain
11th April 2011, 09:03 PM
I read on Golfwrx that Adam Scott isn't with Butch anymore? Who's his coach now?

goughy
11th April 2011, 10:21 PM
The sundance kid?

goonie
11th April 2011, 11:06 PM
OK,

His tee to green was very good this week, his short game is not quite as good as a few years ago and his putting is getting better but not as good as a few years ago either. If he had his old putting and short game this week I think he would have beaten the field by a fair margin, and he would have one if just his putting was a little better.

MegaWatty
11th April 2011, 11:47 PM
The sooner he pisses off that Nike Method putter, the better! Jesus that was frustrating to watch!

goonie
11th April 2011, 11:52 PM
The sooner he pisses off that Nike Method putter, the better! Jesus that was frustrating to watch!

I do like the shape of his putter, same shape Phil was using, but don't like the face insert crap on the method.

MegaWatty
11th April 2011, 11:54 PM
He has so much success with his Newport. I don't understand it.

Does it have rubber iit between each groove or just ginormous unfilled groves?

TheTrueReview
12th April 2011, 07:44 AM
The sooner he pisses off that Nike Method putter, the better! ....

Don't think it's the tradesman's tool that caused the ball to miss. Charl didn't seem to have too much trouble with his Method.

Does it have rubber iit between each groove or just ginormous unfilled groves?

Both.

razaar
12th April 2011, 08:09 AM
The difference (from what I have read) is in his release with the putter. When he played the Ping and the SC's his release was similar to a release associated with a high draw shot. His release since undergoing the recent swing changes is a staight back straight through, pop release. The mallet, neck/heel configeration seems to suit this method of releasing the putter. He has said during interviews that he needed to feel a certain type of release in the putting stroke in order to understand the release of the club he is looking for in his long game. The changes he has made in his chipping has the clubface looking at the target longer than previously, which is more fundamentally correct. The issue everybody has with this game is - we are creatures of habit and old learned habits have a way of creeping back in during pressure situations.

3oneday
12th April 2011, 08:35 AM
Tiger should use a broomstick, now that'd be funny :)

shavey
13th April 2011, 09:39 PM
Adam is coached by his brother in law who is head pro at Arundel

Ned
8th May 2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/472890-tiger-and-foley-break-up-rumblings/

LowTee
8th May 2011, 04:48 PM
Has anyone had lessons with the head pro atarundel?

kpac
8th May 2011, 06:21 PM
Has anyone had lessons with the head pro atarundel?

Head pro? lol he's hardly there as he's travelling 20+weeks a year these days. Some may have had lessons with him at Gainsborough as well, as he was giving lessons out there years ago.
But yes, i've played plenty of golf with brad. He's a great coach. Been mates for a long time, and it's good to see his name up in lights after many years of low profile work.

kpac
8th May 2011, 07:31 PM
You should try get your hands on the US Golf Digest this month if you're interested, as he talks about his work on Adam's swing, and where it's going.

Jarro
10th May 2011, 11:29 AM
Down to #8 now !!!!

Jarro
19th May 2011, 01:04 PM
...and the freefall continues .... http://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/mens-tour/tiger-woods-set-to-drop-out-of-worlds-top-10-for-the-first-time-in-over-14-years-as-freefall-continues/story-fn2mcu9h-1226058636331

virge666
19th May 2011, 01:58 PM
Don't you actually have to play golf over two years to get ranking points ?

How many tornyies has he played in two years ? about 15... maybe ?

Johnny Canuck
19th May 2011, 02:03 PM
It's a horrible ranking system. Not enough emphasis on current form.

Jarro
8th June 2011, 04:46 PM
So, Tiger pulls out of the US Open citing an ongoing knee complaint.

Is Azinger right ? Will Tiger ever come back as good as he was ??

I really can't see it myself

Sydney Hacker
8th June 2011, 04:55 PM
He may not come back and be as good as he was, but even Tiger firing on half his cylinders will be enough to be very very competitive amongst the best in the world.

razaar
8th June 2011, 06:16 PM
He may not come back and be as good as he was, but even Tiger firing on half his cylinders will be enough to be very very competitive amongst the best in the world.
He will be just as good if not better than he was....but the others will also.

Jarro
8th June 2011, 06:46 PM
Ray, will his new swing have less pressure on his left knee ?

If it doesn't, i can see him getting injured a lot more as he gets older.

4 operations by the age of 36 seems a helluva lot

razaar
8th June 2011, 07:05 PM
Jarro
The changes he has made have him more over the ball which doesn't require any linear weight shift to the right side as was the case previously. This means that his upper body will move to the left at the start of the down-swing and before his shoulders start to open. Much the same as Hogan's did but with a much more upright swing plane. The upright swing reduces the amount of hip turn because the arms don't swing around the body. The danger is staying connected with an upright plane which means the ball has to be played closer to the body. This is the reason for a high hip position with the butt sticking out -- to make room for the left leg to clear to make room for the hands. The closer the hands get to the knees the more leverage there seems to be in the swing. Similar to picking up a heavy weight.
There will be some shear force on the left knee because it is straightening and twisting, but he won't be thrusting back into the heel like he did with his previous swing method. This new swing has lots more resistance building up in the back-swing which means he doesn't have to work as hard in the forward-swing to achieve the same power. He may even get more power.

Jarro
8th June 2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks Ray.

I was asking because i remember when he first went to the S&T swing, he still tried to really bust one out there by going to the old move (snapping the left knee down hard)

Maybe he's learned a valuable lesson from this swing change ?

TheTrueReview
29th June 2011, 07:53 AM
Just from the Twittersphere. Tiger in two places at once. In Nike tour van whilst giving an interview.

Will the real Tiger please stand up, please stand up?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/333067545.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1309298884&Signature=KeFIEPHBH9onQudSvCjUuugP8Dk%3D

razaar
29th June 2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks Ray.

I was asking because i remember when he first went to the S&T swing, he still tried to really bust one out there by going to the old move (snapping the left knee down hard)

Maybe he's learned a valuable lesson from this swing change ?

I am looking forward to seeing his swing in action. From what I've seen & read so far it will be something similar to MC Ilroy's and Kaymer's action. The clubface looks at the swing plane which is relly very square (not shut). The legs maintain their flex through the impact zone rather than straighten. The latter is a throw back from the hickory era to allow the hands to slow up so the clubhead could catch up. The modern swing doesn't need that move because the head stays with the shaft with today's equipment. If you look at all the great players (with the exception of Trevino and Tiger) they all have knee flex through the ball. Flexed knees don't stall the hands through impact which must add to clubhead speed and has the added benefit of keeping the clubhead level for much longer through impact and beyond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwqSWrQt-k

Jarro
29th June 2011, 09:11 AM
I am looking forward to seeing his swing in action. From what I've seen & read so far it will be something similar to MC Ilroy's and Kaymer's action. The clubface looks at the swing plane which is relly very square (not shut). The legs maintain their flex through the impact zone rather than straighten. The latter is a throw back from the hickory era to allow the hands to slow up so the clubhead could catch up. The modern swing doesn't need that move because the head stays with the shaft with today's equipment. If you look at all the great players (with the exception of Trevino and Tiger) they all have knee flex through the ball. Flexed knees don't stall the hands through impact which must add to clubhead speed and has the added benefit of keeping the clubhead level for much longer through impact and beyond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwqSWrQt-k

nice song :lol:

Wish he didn't put any music on that and left the commentary on

virge666
29th June 2011, 09:29 AM
Great Analysis Ray.

I enjoyed reading that.

TourFit
29th June 2011, 04:54 PM
Nice Ray...and Trevino and Tiger both had frequent injury concerns with regards to their swings!

petethepilot
29th June 2011, 06:49 PM
Trevino's was Back issues!

Tiger's is his knees

Ned
29th June 2011, 07:10 PM
Trevino's was Back issues!

Tiger's is his knees

Bit of Tiger in you PtP ?

virge666
30th June 2011, 09:32 AM
Is Tiger playing at the AT&T this weekend ?

TheTrueReview
30th June 2011, 09:40 AM
Is Tiger playing at the AT&T this weekend ?

His interview two days ago here (http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/2011062821109210/news/) in which he said (amongst other things ):

"Probably in retrospect it was a borderline call whether I should have played THE PLAYERS. I played the call on that and played and wasn't quite 100 percent. Unfortunately I hurt myself there. Now this time around, it's different. I'm going at it differently. I'm setting no timetable, which is very different for me. Usually I set a timetable when I want to come back and play when I've had injuries before.

This one is different. I'm just going to learn my lesson from what I did at THE PLAYERS and apply it this time and come back when I'm 100 percent."

BrisVegas
30th June 2011, 09:43 AM
Tiger Who?

Iain
30th June 2011, 09:52 AM
Nope, just hosting the AT&T.

virge666
30th June 2011, 10:28 AM
Tiger Who?

yeah - the guy just doesn't play anymore... the last 3 years has been tiger free except for the odd showing.

Goldy
30th June 2011, 10:49 AM
That's what SHE said.

razaar
30th June 2011, 11:02 AM
From a USA perspective, without Tiger there isn't anybody to carry the flag. Possibly their college golf system is inferior to what other countries are doing to advance their elite amatuers. Or maybe golf is too expensive in America these days, which limits it's availabilty to a small population.

IanO
30th June 2011, 11:49 AM
Where was that Cantell (A) guy from? I thought he was US and he did pretty well

BayBum
8th July 2011, 08:12 AM
yeah he's a yank Ian.He also went alright at the AT&T last week,top 20 or there abouts.

BayBum
8th July 2011, 08:14 AM
Just heard on the radio,Williams still with Scott for the open championship.FFS Tiger,sort it out....punk bitch.

BayBum
8th July 2011, 08:25 AM
dble post.

TheTrueReview
8th July 2011, 09:40 AM
Just heard on the radio,Williams still with Scott for the open championship.FFS Tiger,sort it out....punk bitch.

I think the "Punk Bitch" is trying to sort it out. :roll:

"Unfortunately, I've been advised that I should not play in the British Open," Woods said. "As I stated at the AT&T National, I am only going to come back when I'm 100 percent ready. I do not want to risk further injury. That's different for me, but I'm being smarter this time. I'm very disappointed and want to express my regrets to the British Open fans."

"In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have competed at THE PLAYERS, but it's a big event, and I wanted to be there to support the tour," Woods said. "I've got to learn from what I did there and do it right this time and not come back until I'm ready.

"I think my best years are still ahead of me, and I'm very confident and optimistic about the future."

More here (http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/2011070521431998/news/).

Iain
8th July 2011, 10:46 AM
I'd be surprised if we see him again this year. I think he'll come back with his body and swing right for 2012.

markTHEblake
8th July 2011, 11:38 AM
but how long will it take for him to get his head right?

Chris32
8th July 2011, 11:49 AM
Shouldn't that read "How much head will it take for him to get his body right" MTB

aimnhit
8th July 2011, 11:55 AM
Amazing that the fitist bloke in golf can't play due to being injury all the time???

timah!
8th July 2011, 11:58 AM
Amazing that the fitist bloke in golf can't play due to being injury all the time???

Yeah, but his usual cardio workouts have become less frequent :wink: :lol:

goughy
8th July 2011, 12:13 PM
Has he too much muscle mass these days? Too much muscle while trying to be flexible at the same time?

aimnhit
8th July 2011, 12:22 PM
Has he too much muscle mass these days? Too much muscle while trying to be flexible at the same time?

Don't know much about either

Iain
8th July 2011, 12:28 PM
:lol:

timah!
8th July 2011, 12:44 PM

I don't think so, nor are the two mutually exclusive.

razaar
8th July 2011, 12:54 PM
For a time there he forgot he was human. Big mistake.

goughy
8th July 2011, 03:39 PM
He was a sexbot!

BayBum
9th July 2011, 01:10 PM
I think the "Punk Bitch" is trying to sort it out. :roll:

"Unfortunately, I've been advised that I should not play in the British Open," Woods said. "As I stated at the AT&T National, I am only going to come back when I'm 100 percent ready. I do not want to risk further injury. That's different for me, but I'm being smarter this time. I'm very disappointed and want to express my regrets to the British Open fans."

"In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have competed at THE PLAYERS, but it's a big event, and I wanted to be there to support the tour," Woods said. "I've got to learn from what I did there and do it right this time and not come back until I'm ready.

"I think my best years are still ahead of me, and I'm very confident and optimistic about the future."More here (http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/2011070521431998/news/).
Dont you roll your eyes at me.....punk bitch:lol:;)

Im a tiger fan but i think he has some serious mental issues,all self inflicted,sad.

markTHEblake
9th July 2011, 01:17 PM
is it really self inflicted though? I think that his fathers mental training as a child has had a significant influence. Not saying he never had a choice but seems like he was trained much like the special forces are, who have enormous difficulties adjusting to civilian life.

virge666
9th July 2011, 02:33 PM
IMHO, I reckon he has a dodgey left knee and isn't playing that well because of all the issues that flow on because of it.

I don't think mentally there are any issues anywhere in his game, or ever have been.

The guy is a absolute rock.

Veefore
9th July 2011, 02:34 PM
He was raised to be the best in the world and even had a sports psychologist as his caddie during junior tournaments. I don't think he has any concept of what "normal" is. Closest analogy I can think of is Michael Jackson. [shudder]

oncewasagolfer
9th July 2011, 09:40 PM
IMHO, I reckon he has a dodgey left knee and isn't playing that well because of all the issues that flow on because of it.
I don't think mentally there are any issues anywhere in his game, or ever have been.

I don't know if it effected his game but surely it would have had to effected his general life. Why would he have been wearing dark sunglasses on the course when he first came back if his demise in his personal life had no effect mentally?

Jarro
9th July 2011, 09:46 PM

Virge, Tiger has played injured before and demolished the field, but lately his putter has deserted him.

Can we blame the knee for that, or is it something else ??

Johnny Canuck
9th July 2011, 09:49 PM
I too believe it's the leg that is the main thing that's causing the problems.

The snowball effect is prevalent in golf and it is definitely evident in tiger's game. Once one thing goes bad, the pressure mounts on the other areas and soon they too will crumble.
If he comes back healthy and starts striking the ball well again, you can be pretty sure that his putting will return as well.

TheTrueReview
9th July 2011, 09:55 PM
I too believe it's the leg that is the main thing that's causing the problems.

The snowball effect is prevalent in golf and it is definitely evident in tiger's game. Once one thing goes bad, the pressure mounts on the other areas and soon they too will crumble.
If he comes back healthy and starts striking the ball well again, you can be pretty sure that his putting will return as well.

+ 1 :)

Tongueboy
9th July 2011, 10:15 PM
he is getting old. with age comes fear. all of a sudden he is human.

idgolfguy
9th July 2011, 10:34 PM
I've said this before, he needs to explore the true depths of adversity before he can truly be called great. Nicklaus went through it in his late 30s with his failed businesses and money problems.

Johnny Canuck
9th July 2011, 10:42 PM
You can definitely call him great already with what he has accomplished.

idgolfguy
10th July 2011, 12:15 AM
It's the whole 'wondering in the wilderness' thing. Develop perspective of where one fits in the whole scheme of things and then you get cream.

virge666
10th July 2011, 12:04 PM
Virge, Tiger has played injured before and demolished the field, but lately his putter has deserted him.

Can we blame the knee for that, or is it something else ??

So his legs hurts - he fixes it, he gets caught rooting, loses his wife and kids. he then get some bloody stupid media advice and acts like a total dick in front of the world... the backlash starts and the media start treating him like crap as opposed to a god. The "reverence" in no longer there...

The body is not responding to the endless hours of training like it use to... he has had the change his swing pattern and in typical Tiger style changes everything from Tee to Green. He has been at it a few months or so and the swing is such a major change he can't quite get it... family issues mean he cannot practice like he use to and the knee is acting up again.

These are not mental issues, sure it is about mental toughness - but this is just a pile of shit stacking up on your doorstep that you have to deal with in order and as it comes. It has only been 18 months . . FFS

If it was me - you would have found me crying in a corner, rocking gently backwards and forwards mumbling to myself.

He just needs some time to get all his shit in one sock, and then "maybe" re-focus on golf . . . as he has said a thousand times... golf really aint that important when the rest of your life in a mess. He is still doing a stack of stuff for his brands, not to mention the TW foundation that he seems to open one every other month.

I personally don't give a shit about his family life, who he slept with, and how he has screwed up his life over the last couple of years. People are use to him winning 7-8 events a year and that cannot happen when you don't have the support team to keep you going. You are going to get hot and cold streaks just like everyone else.

I am in absolute awe of the guy, what he has done for golf, his TW foundations and other charity work, for sport in general and for the entertainment value he has brought to the game of golf which is a bloody boring game without a personality like him. All this bullshit about not being mentally strong enough to win anymore is a bunch of mindless dribble by people who cannot see past the weekend.

My 2 cents.

LarryLong
10th July 2011, 01:36 PM
I am in absolute awe of the guy, what he has done for golf, his TW foundations and other charity work, for sport in general and for the entertainment value he has brought to the game of golf which is a bloody boring game without a personality like him.

I barely watch any professional golf, so I'm not really qualified to comment here, but does he really bring personality to the game? That's not really something I associate with Tiger. I thought he spent most of the time being intensely focused, and he only comes out of the bubble for fist-pumping celebration (which doesn't count as personality for me) or grumpy tantrums.

That said, I've read a couple of accounts from Aussie pros that he's a lot of fun, so maybe I'm just missing it because I'm not taking notice.

MegaWatty
10th July 2011, 02:16 PM
He appreciates a good fart!

BrettM
10th July 2011, 03:26 PM

And that his injury concerns have prolonged after his Canadian Dr friend came under investigation by the FBI for supplying HGH to athletes.

3oneday
10th July 2011, 04:04 PM
All this bullshit about not being mentally strong enough to win anymore is a bunch of mindless dribble by people who cannot see past the weekend.

Being mentally strong means you have no mental weaknesses. If you think his persona and mental strength is the same as his pre "golf club through the window" state then you should patent your rose coloured glasses :)

TheNuclearOne
10th July 2011, 04:22 PM
And that his injury concerns have prolonged after his Canadian Dr friend came under investigation by the FBI for supplying HGH to athletes.

The good doc took a guilty plea, incidentally. The mind boggles.

BrettM
10th July 2011, 08:01 PM

If TW wasn't on something like the 'roids during those years when he went from thin matchstick to WWE contender then (insert funny comment here)......

BrettM
10th July 2011, 08:03 PM
Maybe they contributed to his sex drive :mrgreen:

Jarro
10th July 2011, 08:15 PM
I reckon he's gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Johnny Canuck
10th July 2011, 09:39 PM

Hopefully he can stay out of prison. He's a nice guy and has 7 kids to take care of.

Veefore
10th July 2011, 10:03 PM
I also don't think you are going to see players falling over themselves to cough up the win as soon as tiger's name appears on the leader board like you used to.

TheNuclearOne
10th July 2011, 11:23 PM
I also don't think you are going to see players falling over themselves to cough up the win as soon as tiger's name appears on the leader board like you used to.

100% right. A new breed is ushering thru and sure won't be gifting wins.

TheNuclearOne
10th July 2011, 11:25 PM
Maybe they contributed to his sex drive :mrgreen:

That's actually been alluded to on the yank forums hahaha. Some of the tiger huggers are about ready to burst lol

Courty
11th July 2011, 05:59 AM
I reckon his latest issues are more mental than physical. There's a definite chink in his armour and I don't reckon he'll ever dominate again like he has in the past.

Johnny Canuck
11th July 2011, 10:01 AM
He'll never dominate the same for a variety of reasons. Having to learn an entirely different swing because your body cannot handle the demands of your old one would easily be reason number one.

Jarro
11th July 2011, 11:21 AM
I reckon his latest issues are more mental than physical. There's a definite chink in his armour and I don't reckon he'll ever dominate again like he has in the past.

exactly, that's why he's missing the short putts that he NEVER missed before.

TheTrueReview
11th July 2011, 12:42 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/ec/ece9b0cecbb4833fa0ecf4f2d9be9ece/tiger_woods_set_to_make_an_announcement_on_monday_ morning.jpg

Tiger Woods is set to make an announcement tomorrow (our time). More here (http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Tiger-Woods-set-to-make-an-announcement-on-Monda?urn=golf-wp3429).

If I were a betting man, I'd think he will announce that the rest of the year is finished. He's seemed a little testy of late when faced with questions about the timing of his return.

:-k

3oneday
11th July 2011, 12:47 PM
Nup, he's retiring and taking up baseball.

Captain Nemo
11th July 2011, 12:55 PM
Could be going into porn, has plenty of hookups!:roll:

Jarro
11th July 2011, 01:04 PM
He's worked out that all he needs to get back on track is a Nunchuk shaft

BrentonJ
11th July 2011, 01:09 PM
Could be going into porn, has plenty of hookups!:roll:

That he's shaving the beard and goatee and leaving a moe to go into porn because he has plenty of hookups!

Captain Nemo
11th July 2011, 01:32 PM
:smt060Nunchuck and Porn, mmmmmmmmmm

MegaWatty
11th July 2011, 01:46 PM
11pm Perth Time. I'll be hooking up on Veetle for this one.

Yossarian
11th July 2011, 02:05 PM
I don't know why but I truly don't care what he has to say and hope he struggles to win anything again.

Johnny Canuck
11th July 2011, 02:11 PM
I don't like him, but I hope retirement isn't on the cards. The game is much more exciting with him around, even when he's playing like Golfnut.

Dotty
11th July 2011, 02:13 PM
That he's shaving the beard and goatee and leaving a moe to go into porn because he has plenty of hookups!
He needs the beard and goatee, to distinguish him from Marion Jones.

idgolfguy
11th July 2011, 03:08 PM
He is getting his health and priorities in order. He is putting his family first and learning g to love golf again.

Golfnut
11th July 2011, 03:21 PM
I don't like him, but I hope retirement isn't on the cards. The game is much more exciting with him around, even when he's playing like Golfnut.

Taking that as a compliment.

markTHEblake
11th July 2011, 03:36 PM
He is getting his health and priorities in order. He is putting his family first and learning g to love golf again.

wasnt that last years media release.

oncewasagolfer
11th July 2011, 04:08 PM
Doesn't mean it's not true though;)

virge666
11th July 2011, 04:35 PM
Being mentally strong means you have no mental weaknesses. If you think his persona and mental strength is the same as his pre "golf club through the window" state then you should patent your rose coloured glasses :)

No - it means you have very few mental weaknesses. I don't think his mental ability or love of competing has changed.

I am positive his life priorities have.

If he wins 6 events next season - I am sure it will be back to business as usual.

Depends on his family life.

Think of it this way - your 16 years old, life at home is magic, Mum and Dad are looking after you and you are dominating every amateur junior event you play. Your top 5 most in almost all your events and you are just crushing your opponents.

6 months later, mum and dad split, mum hits the Prosac. Your Dad knocks you round a bit and you get a wrist injury in one of the scuffles. You now have to spend more time at home looking after your mum and help her deal with depression. Your golf goes downhill as you can't practice as much, your wrist hurts and school work is starting mount up.

Are you still as mentally strong as you were before ? Are you missing those 3 footers because your choking when under pressure ?

Or have you just got other things on your mind and cant practice as much as you use to due to injury and other commitments ?

BrentonJ
11th July 2011, 04:37 PM
I don't love him but I don't hate him either, I hope he isnt going to retire as watching him is good fun even when he isnt at 100% he hit some fantastic shots like that hook shot at the masters this year! I just don't want to see him dominate its good to see some others win like Rory and Bubba etc etc

3oneday
11th July 2011, 04:41 PM
If

This is all that matters about what you said. I have $50 that says he won't win 6 times next year.

Tongueboy
11th July 2011, 04:47 PM
Scottt,Jarro

oncewasagolfer
11th July 2011, 04:50 PM
But didn't that bet get settled?:lol:

TheNuclearOne
11th July 2011, 04:50 PM
This is all that matters about what you said. I have $50 that says he won't win 6 times next year.

Can i have $500 on that too?

He's signed a Boner pill endorsment worth millions they say.

virge666
11th July 2011, 05:07 PM

Your probably right... all he needs is one or two to get himself rolling again.

Golf is a game of Confidence. (so says Dr Bob)

I don't think there is any player out there that Tiger is scared to play against... there are lots out there scared of him though . . .

Lastly - What does this mean for the Presidents Cup with no Tiger ?????

razaar
11th July 2011, 05:23 PM
When you follow Tiger around on course, either in tournament play or practice, he is not that exciting. I had trouble locating him at times when he & Steve were in shadowed areas. He is that still and quiet on the course. The over exposure by TV of Tiger, gives viewers a completely different view to those patons on course. The TV cameras also make him and every other golfer look more muscular or heavier than they are in real life. Most of them are quite tall and very lean. IMO Tiger is still the most talented golfer on the planet.

Courty
11th July 2011, 07:03 PM
I suspect the media release will be all about denying taking any HGH etc. from his dealer doctor.

Veefore
11th July 2011, 08:25 PM
No - it means you have very few mental weaknesses. I don't think his mental ability or love of competing has changed.

I am positive his life priorities have.

If he wins 6 events next season - I am sure it will be back to business as usual.

Depends on his family life.

Think of it this way - your 16 years old, life at home is magic, Mum and Dad are looking after you and you are dominating every amateur junior event you play. Your top 5 most in almost all your events and you are just crushing your opponents.

6 months later, mum and dad split, mum hits the Prosac. Your Dad knocks you round a bit and you get a wrist injury in one of the scuffles. You now have to spend more time at home looking after your mum and help her deal with depression. Your golf goes downhill as you can't practice as much, your wrist hurts and school work is starting mount up.

Are you still as mentally strong as you were before ? Are you missing those 3 footers because your choking when under pressure ?

Or have you just got other things on your mind and cant practice as much as you use to due to injury and other commitments ?

I have a friend who went through 2 years of golfing hell just dealing with getting his house built. His handicap went from 8 to nearly 13 which was quite an effort for a once a week player under the old 0.1 system.

Nuffie is going through it now.

oncewasagolfer
11th July 2011, 10:45 PM
I have a friend who went through 2 years of golfing hell just dealing with getting his house built. His handicap went from 8 to nearly 13 which was quite an effort for a once a week player under the old 0.1 system.

Nuffie is going through it now.
What does that have to do with tiger?

timinsa
11th July 2011, 11:19 PM
He's going to play the PGA in August. My 2c.

MegaWatty
12th July 2011, 12:06 AM
No announcement... (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/11/sportsline/main20078377.shtml)

timinsa
12th July 2011, 12:45 AM
Nothing to see here.

MegaWatty
12th July 2011, 12:47 AM
Hmmmmm. Golf Channel were still talking about it 30 minutes ago. We'll see.

MegaWatty
12th July 2011, 01:03 AM
Mark Steinberg and Tiger are joining Excel Sports Management. Perhaps this was going to be the announcement. Who knows?

TheTrueReview
12th July 2011, 07:46 AM
Mark Steinberg and Tiger are joining Excel Sports Management. Perhaps this was going to be the announcement. Who knows?

In the end it was a bit of an anti-climax. Tiger 'announcement' actually news about agent (http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2082465,00.html)

"Late Sunday, Golf Channel promoted that it would release some news involving Woods on Monday morning. That turned out to be word that his agent, Mark Steinberg, was joining Excel Sports Management.

But before that, Steinberg had to correct the rumors buzzing around the Internet that the golfer was about to make a big announcement about himself. ..."

Jarro
12th July 2011, 07:54 AM
Well that was a bit disappointing :roll:

Johnny Canuck
12th July 2011, 08:39 AM
That's what she said.

Veefore
12th July 2011, 08:56 AM
What does that have to do with tiger?

Did you miss all the news about the turmoil in Tigers personal life? It was in response to that. Everybody struggles with their golf when they have other things on their mind. I would expect Tiger is no exception.

KristianJ
14th July 2011, 09:44 PM
Apparently there was a report on SEN this arvo suggesting that Tiger has split with Steve Williams...saw some thread on GolfWRX about it.

oncewasagolfer
14th July 2011, 09:53 PM
Maybe he has a split personality:lol:

goughy
15th July 2011, 07:10 AM
Hmmmmmm, Time to get back on the Fluff?????

virge666
15th July 2011, 09:25 AM
Apparently there was a report on SEN this arvo suggesting that Tiger has split with Steve Williams...saw some thread on GolfWRX about it.

Really - Sure it is not that Steve wants to play more than 4 times a year ?

And Adam Scott is more fun . . .

oncewasagolfer
15th July 2011, 10:15 AM
Hmmmmmm, Time to get back on the Fluff?????
Sounds good, would like some young fluff;)

Ned
16th July 2011, 10:52 PM
Some one else has been moving on.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/tiger-woods-ex-wife-elin-nordegren-dating-michael-dingman/story-e6frfku0-1226095977758

Iain
17th July 2011, 01:01 PM
She likes the rich ones.

virge666
17th July 2011, 03:30 PM
Some one else has been moving on.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/tiger-woods-ex-wife-elin-nordegren-dating-michael-dingman/story-e6frfku0-1226095977758

Good girl . . . the kids have a new "Daddy"

TheTrueReview
17th July 2011, 05:10 PM
She likes the rich ones.

Funny about that. I always pictured her with a roadworker. ;)

Jarro
17th July 2011, 05:13 PM
Funny about that. I always pictured her with a roadworker. ;)

Yep ... she looks like a steak and veg type of girl :p

Daves
8th August 2011, 07:47 AM
Stevie W 1 - Brydon B 0

MegaWatty
8th August 2011, 10:09 AM
Stevie probably earned more than Tiger this week! :)

Eldrick
8th August 2011, 08:52 PM
whats the time Tiger? (http://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/tag-heuer-calls-time-on-tiger-woods-ending-sponsorship-with-fallen-golf-superstar/story-e6frf3oc-1226110857950)

BrettM
8th August 2011, 08:54 PM
whats the time Tiger? (http://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/tag-heuer-calls-time-on-tiger-woods-ending-sponsorship-with-fallen-golf-superstar/story-e6frf3oc-1226110857950)

See how much thinner he is starting to look?

BayBum
8th August 2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah,looking rather gaunt in that pic:-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDoIM1dRzGo&feature=related

troyboy
8th August 2011, 10:00 PM
tiger is done

His Knees are stuff
His swing sucks and has a average swing coach

only chance he has is if he goes back to butch

Jarro
9th August 2011, 05:59 AM
He's not making any putts ... that's what's led me to believe he won't be the same anymore.

His tee-to-green game is probably fine ..... but from the highlights i saw of him during the week, he wasn't making bugger all putts !!

razaar
9th August 2011, 07:55 AM
Have to agree jarro. To win on that stage you have to sink lots of putts. It may have been a huge mistake letting Steve Williams go also. I have always beeen of the opinion that Tiger would claw his way back to the top, not so sure now. There seems to be a flaw in his psych when it comes to relationships with others. Adam Scott's play last week was as good as it gets and he did it so damn easy and with confidence. He doesn't seem to have a weakness in his game, where as Tiger can't control the driver and has lost the edge he had with the putter. It will be interesting to see how he is treated by Nike if he stays a middle of the pack player.

Iain
9th August 2011, 08:08 AM
He made the putts on Thursday with the Scotty. Not sure why he went back to the Method?

BrisVegas
9th August 2011, 08:59 AM
Tiger needs to go back to the Scotty for starters. Then he needs to shut up for a while and get back to form.

TheNuclearOne
9th August 2011, 10:15 AM
And on it rumbles

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2011/08/09/woods-williams-continue-rumble/

Sydney Hacker
9th August 2011, 10:17 AM
Sounds like Adam Scott is the only grown up out of the lot of them in that report.

dc68
9th August 2011, 10:20 AM
Good to see Adam has said leave him out it's between Stevie and Tigger.

TheNuclearOne
9th August 2011, 10:23 AM
Sounds like Adam Scott is the only grown up out of the lot of them in that report.

For sure, i am glad he's taking the whole thing with a grain of salt given Stevie might be the best thing to happen to him.

just
9th August 2011, 10:31 AM
For sure, i am glad he's taking the whole thing with a grain of salt given Stevie might be the best thing to happen to him.

Or the reality is that it has nothing to do with Stevie and more to do that he has accepted he is a crap putter and he is starting to use the broomstick.

TheNuclearOne
9th August 2011, 10:41 AM
Or the reality is that it has nothing to do with Stevie and more to do that he has accepted he is a crap putter and he is starting to use the broomstick.

He's been using the Broom for a fair while now. It definitely picked up his game bigtime.

There seems to be a prevailing thought that Stevie's determination, experience down the stretch and almost opposite style to Adam's (Adams very laid back etc and needs to be kicked along a bit maybe) could be qa match made in golfing heaven. Some eperts believe this is Adam's final link and missing piece.

We'll just have to sit back and wait i guess, but early signs are potentially promising. I hope Scott carves it up.

Eldrick
9th August 2011, 11:04 AM
the broomstick coupled with the Killer instinct from Williams will go along way for Scott

TheNuclearOne
9th August 2011, 11:15 AM
the broomstick coupled with the Killer instinct from Williams will go along way for Scott

Yeah that's the opinion. Just has the flipside covered. Lets hope it's the above.

I am a bit worried that the media circus surrounding Woods and his old caddie will disrupt Scott a little this week at the PGA. It will die down soon, but jeez it will be big at this tourney.

timah!
9th August 2011, 11:17 AM
Heaven help us if they end up in a group together!

MegaWatty
9th August 2011, 11:26 AM
Heaven help us if they end up in a group together!

Heaven could only help us by making sure they are grouped together!

Iain
9th August 2011, 11:31 AM
PGA won't group them together when they have the choice. Not much they can do though if they get paired on the weekend.

LarryLong
9th August 2011, 12:15 PM
I think I just found my new favourite professional golfer:

Christina Kim, the LPGA pro, was the most fervent objector. “Steve surely doesn’t seem bitter at all,” tweeted Kim. “Greatest week of my life. Good job congratulating Adam, who hit the shots, you knob.”

Eldrick
9th August 2011, 12:58 PM
i take it you haven't seen her

oncewasagolfer
9th August 2011, 04:19 PM
Fat chicks need lovin too;)

idgolfguy
9th August 2011, 09:17 PM
I think I just found my new favourite professional golfer:

Christina Kim, the LPGA pro, was the most fervent objector. “Steve surely doesn’t seem bitter at all,” tweeted Kim. “Greatest week of my life. Good job congratulating Adam, who hit the shots, you knob.”Her colloqial language is improving. Must have a teacher from the streets.

TheTrueReview
9th August 2011, 10:11 PM
Fat chicks need lovin too;)

http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2010/02/27/1179411/christinakim-420x0.jpg She love you long time ...

Ned
9th August 2011, 10:18 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Christina+Kim+LPGA+Tour+Championship+Round+pyXA5pg 5niEl.jpg

LarryLong
9th August 2011, 11:54 PM
I'm enjoying the moral high ground that comes with choosing your favourite player not on looks, but on her willingness to call a well-known caddie a knob in a public forum.

You people are so superficial.

BrettM
10th August 2011, 04:56 AM
http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2010/02/27/1179411/christinakim-420x0.jpg She love you long time ...

Bahahahaha........:mrgreen:

shazza_rs
10th August 2011, 09:36 AM
i take it you haven't seen her

Because it's all about looks right?

Yossarian
10th August 2011, 09:51 AM
Yep!

Eldrick
10th August 2011, 09:52 AM
Because it's all about looks right?

Apologies Shazza,i did not mean for my light hearted sexist jibe to cause offense

Daves
12th August 2011, 09:08 AM
Will Tige make the cut?

rubin
12th August 2011, 09:15 AM
Will Tige make the cut?

No

Jarro
12th August 2011, 09:59 AM
No

^^^^ this

rubin
12th August 2011, 10:07 AM
I don't see tige hitting a massive sub par round tomorrow. He hit some magnificent shots on the first 9, but not enough good shots to be even close to contention

razaar
12th August 2011, 10:44 AM
Apparantly Christina has said a few words about dating, getting laid and lesbians in her book. Has anybody read it?

markTHEblake
12th August 2011, 01:22 PM
Apparantly Christina has said a few words about dating, getting laid and lesbians in her book. Has anybody read it?

I have just added Christina Kim to my dream foursome, she sounds like she would be a lot of fun. Kinda like Laura Davies but not as big.

Dotty
12th August 2011, 03:14 PM
I'd prefer if it was Christina Applegate.

Jarro
12th August 2011, 03:20 PM
I'd prefer if it was Christina Applegate.

Hell yeah !!!!

Eldrick
12th August 2011, 03:37 PM
or hendricks

Bruce
12th August 2011, 03:59 PM
It seems like Christina Kim is the cliched girl with the great personality.

TheTrueReview
12th August 2011, 04:55 PM
For some reason Christina Kim grates me. Just comes across as a big mouth.

idgolfguy
12th August 2011, 08:43 PM
For some reason Christina Kim grates me. Just comes across as a big mouth.
Depends on which side you are looking from.

dave1
12th August 2011, 08:59 PM
Woods has surrounded himself with bad people for a long time.Jordan and charles barkley.

Both womising men and big time gamblers ...Was bound to happen

He then fires his coach....And his caddie

Maybe just maybe he's the problem and not everyone else. He is sadly a shadow of the player he once was.

Veefore
12th August 2011, 09:05 PM
I always thought that Tiger's greatest asset was his incredible, Nicklaus-like discipline. With the passing of his dad it seemed like that slowly dissipated and he is as much a victim of his emotions and bad decisions as the rest of us now.

Johnny Canuck
12th August 2011, 09:30 PM
His dad set the unfaithfulness example for him.

Daves
12th August 2011, 09:41 PM
His dad set the unfaithfulness example for him.

Yes, but it was very disciplined unfaithfulness.;)

rubin
12th August 2011, 09:47 PM
Yes, but it was very disciplined unfaithfulness.;)

It is absolutely. He's strictly kept himself to Pornstars, cocktail waitresses and models. I admire his discipline. :D

dave1
12th August 2011, 11:41 PM
A single minded sole focus approach isnt healthy

Ben cousins said this almost addiction to a single cause makes you vulnerable.

It does prove once for all though Golf is allot about confidence. His confidence or swagger is gone. Can he regain it..? Yes if he wins..

But you need it to win.Catch 22 situation.

I think he needs to play 6 or 7 weeks in row.Find some touch.Practicing cant replace tournament pressure

Jarro
13th August 2011, 06:55 AM
Tigers head is just not in t he right place atm.

I'm watching him hack around the 12th hole, hitting shots way left .. punching out of the hazard, then hitting his third shot way left again.

He's just not taking his usual time and thinking things through .... he just seems to be rushing to hurry up and hit a shot

rodders
13th August 2011, 07:36 AM
Saw that as well Jarro.

I always thought Tiger will get back to how it was but the body language seems very negative.

As I type this he just hit another ball into the water, this time off the tee on par 3!

Lagerlover
13th August 2011, 07:44 AM
yes, but it was very disciplined unfaithfulness.;)

s & m ??

Webster
13th August 2011, 07:53 AM
It's all that Swedish moll's fault.

just
13th August 2011, 08:33 AM
+1

dave1
13th August 2011, 10:06 AM

what has staggeed me is the constant changes

changing putters, changing coaches...swing changes..he then let williams go and I think williams has been the one constant steady influence in his life through all of this and he let him go.

There is no way he would have shot 10 over with williams on the bag...he might not have made the cut but 10 over!! He neeeds to find a caddie who is a strong personality like williams was.

The two rocks in his life where his Dad and Williams and they are gone

someone alos need to tell him Jordan and Barkley are terrible roll models. Im staggered the they invited Jordan onto the ryder cup team as an assiatnt. What for to show aeveryone how to gamble and pick up girls. Jordan might have been GOAT (greatest of all time) but away from the court hes not the guy hes made out to be.

I'm guessing a bit, but think it was more like Woods said he comes or I dont play.

markTHEblake
13th August 2011, 10:08 AM
You got it wrong, Woods is the bad influence, Jordan and Barkley need to stay away from him.

Johnny Canuck
13th August 2011, 10:12 AM
exactly. Woods is a grown man with a huge ego. I don't think he is using anyone as a role model.

dave1
13th August 2011, 10:35 AM
You got it wrong, Woods is the bad influence, Jordan and Barkley need to stay away from him. :lol:

I see what you mean now.

I follow the NBA closely have for years, read some books on Jordan, hes not sqeaky clean (admitted to cheatong on his wife) and it seems Woods fall from grace started to occur when he hooked up :mrgreen:...with Barkley and Jordan

dan
13th August 2011, 10:36 AM
which one...

he's had a few.

dave1
13th August 2011, 10:37 AM
exactly. Woods is a grown man with a huge ego. I don't think he is using anyone as a role model.

role models in the sense he would just go along with what others do. hes still a young man and allot of this occured when he was in his 20's

everyone is influenced by others around them. They are not to blame for sure - he is to blame 100% but they had influence.

razaar
13th August 2011, 10:51 AM
Poor Tiger, he did it all to himself too. Surely he must have realised that sooner or later he would have to pay the piper. What has happened is a tragedy for golf. The pressure he is under now must be far greater than it was when he was top of the heap. I may be wrong in saying this but I can't see that much of a change in his technique before Foley. The difference I see (somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread) is he moves much quicker and without the confident swagger. His eyes seem to be turned inwards and lacking focus. Still he did shoot 73 today which was an improvement on the 77.

BayBum
13th August 2011, 10:57 AM

I see what you mean now.

I follow the NBA closely have for years, read some books on Jordan, hes not sqeaky clean (admitted to cheatong on his wife) and it seems Woods fall from grace started to occur when he hooked up :mrgreen:...with Barkley and Jordan
Im not sure if things started going pear shaped for him when he started to hang out with "the brothers" but i totally agree with you about Jordan's antics.He is a self admitted cheat in everything he does,anything to win was his motto,so he said.He even cheats in card games with his mum !!!:-s.Not exactly a life coach by any means:neutral:

dave1
13th August 2011, 10:59 AM
Poor Tiger, he did it all to himself too. Surely he must have realised that sooner or later he would have to pay the piper. What has happened is a tragedy for golf. The pressure he is under now must be far greater than it was when he was top of the heap. I may be wrong in saying this but I can't see that much of a change in his technique before Foley. The difference I see (somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread) is he moves much quicker and without the confident swagger. His eyes seem to be turned inwards and lacking focus. Still he did shoot 73 today which was an improvement on the 77.

its tough when you know everyone is looking at judging you on everything (golf and non golf)

as opposed to before when they watched in awe of him.

He was 3 under in round one and crusing. he dropped 10 shots in like 12-13 holes.

he does seem very rushed agree, especially short game, I havent looked at the stats but if we did I think his up n down and sand saves % would be the problem. Hes never been a great driver of the ball in terms of accuracy but he got away with it because his shor game was so good

TheTrueReview
13th August 2011, 11:03 AM
... Hes never been a great driver of the ball in terms of accuracy but he got away with it because his shor game was so good

Short game won't help much when you're deep in the trees. He seems to be there a lot more often than he used to be.

dave1
13th August 2011, 11:15 AM
yeah it was first or second cut before and he could muscle an iron from there but now its jungle love :mrgreen:

virge666
13th August 2011, 02:13 PM

There is no way he would have shot 10 over with williams on the bag...he might not have made the cut but 10 over!! He neeeds to find a caddie who is a strong personality like williams was.

I dead set could not agree more.

There is absolutley no way that TW would have had those two rounds with him on the bag. The swing looks good - the putter looks good... the driver is it's usual shitty self.

He just looks beaten up.

Iain
13th August 2011, 02:58 PM
He's only played 5 or 6 competitive rounds since Augusta. It's gonna take time.

Ned
13th August 2011, 03:11 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm............................... so he is one of 15 Major winning players who didn't make the cut, yep 6 competitive rounds after a 12 week lay off with injury, anyway time will tell.

What was the other 14 major winners reasons for missing the cut ?

virge666
13th August 2011, 03:14 PM
He's only played 5 or 6 competitive rounds since Augusta. It's gonna take time.

He is broken mate - In the old days, even on 3 cylinders, he could beat everyone in the field by a couple.

Technically - he looks fine. But as soon as he is under a touch of pressure . . . he just folds.

IMHO, he just has the wrong people around him. The way he conducts himself, the way he speaks, it looks like he just doesn't have the energy in him. He looks like everyone is just annoying him. The same sort of look you get after pulling a 36 hour shift and being told to clean up the kitchen...

He just looks fragile