PDA

View Full Version : Scott Hends driving average

goughy
14th June 2005, 05:57 AM
Check it out for this year so far

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/leaders/r/2005/101

Last year he was only pipped by hank keuhne towards the end of the year. And hank had a massive amount of hype because of his driving distance from the year before. Scott Hend gets nothing. Have to see if that's the same this year.

Hopefully he makes the top 125 this year. He's had to quallify the last 2 years to stay on the tour, but is sitting with about 328k at the mo. Not a bad position to work from.

Jarro
14th June 2005, 06:03 AM
the guy is a gorilla off the tee :shock:

i've seen him hitting balls at the range at Nudgee (where he is a member) and he was just blowing them OVER the back fence (around 250 meters) with regularity :shock:

hope he can get the rest of his game together to really capitalise on his awesome driving.

Keza_G
14th June 2005, 09:26 AM
These PGA guys are good.... but our ALD is Better...

Right Stevo ????

Cheers

Keza

Andrew
14th June 2005, 01:43 PM
I was interested to look down the list at the guys who hit it as far as I do. There's some good, consistant golfers down there.

The 1980 list is interesting.

jaster
3rd September 2005, 09:14 PM
Tiger is getting closer and closer :( Hope Hend keeps it!! 8)

Trung
3rd September 2005, 09:32 PM
from the pgatour website..

*Driving Distance-Measured Drvs.' is the average number of yards per measured drive. These drives are measured on two holes per round. Care is taken to select two holes which face in opposite directions to counteract the effects of wind. Drives are measured to the point they come to rest regardless of whether they are in the fairway or not. (101)

jaster
3rd September 2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks Trungy....so what are you trying to say :smt017

Trung
4th September 2005, 09:06 AM
jaster...

you can drive as long as your want on the tour (for 2 holes).. if other parts of your game is not up to scratch.. you have no hope...

jaster
4th September 2005, 09:21 AM
Thought you meant that mate :D How true for Scott :(

Webster
4th September 2005, 09:30 AM
Considering he is 150th on the money list, perhaps he should be spending a little more time on his short game.

Whilst his driving distance stats are impressive, the game is still about getting the ball in the hole in as few shots as possible. Long drives dont pay the bills.

Jono
4th September 2005, 09:34 AM
I've never seen Hend on TV ... probably because he's never in contention. :lol:

Love to see his swing ... I understand he is a Gary Edwin student?

jaster
4th September 2005, 09:56 AM
I have some footage from last year of a few tournaments off Fox and he featues in a couple, one he comes third..he does look the real deal!! Also have a video interiew with everyones favourite Jorno "Matt Parslow" and Hendy seems like the nicest bloke. He is so down to earth I was shocked, certainly seems (or seemed) to have a great attitude and personality.
Go HENDY!!! 8)

Trung
9th September 2005, 10:17 PM
found more stats for Scott Hend..

warning.. this one is not good.... He is dead last on the "2005 PGA TOUR Driving Accuracy Percentage" :shock:

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/leaders/r/2005/102

jaster
9th September 2005, 10:36 PM
Pfft..who cares :P..I agree trung..not good!!

ALso have a look who the leader is 8) Go lefty!!!! Imagine an aussie winning the distance stats and the accuracy stats as well..take that damn yankies :lol: (jk)