PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 13th June 2005

Fishman Dan
13th June 2005, 11:45 AM
2 words to sum up this mornings hit;

"Not quite"

Could have used it 18 times today. 30 pts, 2 wipes (1 & 6). Both wipes were putt-less. :evil:

Driving was more respectable, short game dreadful. Only 3-putt was for 6/2 :roll: (but it was a solid 2 pointer).

Pinglauncher
13th June 2005, 01:54 PM
We had 2 late withdrawals so the match play between Clubmaker Gary and Jimandr did not go ahead and a reschedule will be needed.

The "Carnarvon Challenge" for the PRINCELEY SUM of $5 between Speirsy and Jono finished up with a 6 & 5 win to Speirsy on the day. Jono's parting comment was "Don't spend the money. I will win it back" so the challenge is alive and well.

Final scores for the day were (par event)

Speirsy +4 (1 under off the stick. Handicap of 4 [-X Monstered the ball all day long)

Jimandr +2 (hit the ball really well all day and probably left a couple of shots out on the course. The crows loved his balls :wink: )

Pinglauncher -4 (I was the local and could not read the greens with the assistance of a street directory :oops: )

Jono -8 (Didn't see much of Jono's play and he wasn't letting on much at the end of the day. Something about S300's :twisted: )

Virgal Tracy -10 (Was unlucky enough to be on the same line as me for quite a few putts. Lets just say my reads did not help )

Ping Jnr -10 (I have never seen him play worse than today but he kept his chin up for which I was proud of him)

All in all a good day I hope was had by all. The weather was perfect, the greens were in pretty good nick and there were plenty of crows to chase.

jimandr
13th June 2005, 04:56 PM
Ping,

Thanks for your report on the day. However, you put it in the wrong section :wink: We'll forgive you, as it is your first OzGolf day, and obviously first time as host :) I didn't know you had provided a report when I posted in the 1st Tee area. Fortunately, it looks like we collaborated, as I didn't say much you didn't say here.

To my game...

A much improved 2 up today that could have been significantly better. If the CCR is 71, today will be the first time I've broken my handicap this year.

Even better than scoring well was actually hitting the ball well for the first time in a long time.

Fairways = 8 of 14
GIR = 10 of 18
Putts = 33, one three putt, one birdie. Short putting from 5 feet and under was good.
Up and Down = 3 of 4
Sand Saves = 0 of 1 an absolute shocker under pressure of the gallery's gaze at our last hole.

Pinglauncher
13th June 2005, 05:04 PM
Sorry everyone, I was not sure where to post the report. I will assume I have been officially chastised :roll: and promise to do better next time.

I have even put my apology in both areas :wink:

oz
14th June 2005, 08:25 AM
A very sloppy 32 points for me yesterday.... Started with 3 bogeys and just never got going.

Missed waaaay too many greens with wedges in my hands (any greens is too many, with wedges), butchered the par 5's with poor tee shots, and just generally felt out of whack all day long. :(

Oh well, there is always next weekend.... :)

andylo
14th June 2005, 08:32 AM
Played like sheet~~

:evil:

markTHEblake
14th June 2005, 09:04 AM
did someone authorise the change to the naming convention of the Topic Subject?

i thought this was about the West Coast eagles latest game.

Fishman Dan
14th June 2005, 09:49 AM
did someone authorise the change to the naming convention of the Topic Subject?

i thought this was about the West Coast eagles latest game.

Except they didn't play on Monday..

Sorry for not conforming to the traditional naming convention.. :roll:

markTHEblake
14th June 2005, 10:08 AM
IT blokes should know better. Need a project manager, sub committee, and at least 15 meetings before a naming convention can be changed.

andylo
14th June 2005, 10:17 AM
that's for developers. Help desk says whatever they want and some ppl do believe it anyway ;)

McMw
14th June 2005, 09:32 PM
played 9 after the weekend tortures... :)

5 careless bogeys against 2 lucky birdies...I'll take it... :lol:

amanda
15th June 2005, 02:08 PM
I've missed my golf recently with Brad's busted shoulder, but went out for a hit in the ladies comp today. Played ok for 38 points - could have been a better if I didn't hit 2 OOBs on the 2nd and 3rd :(

Hopefully the handicap should drop back down to 21.3 :D

Jarro
15th June 2005, 02:30 PM
nice shooting Amanda 8)

amanda
15th June 2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks J - nice to be back in the winner's circle :)

AndyP
15th June 2005, 02:47 PM
I've missed my golf recently with Brad's busted shoulder, but went out for a hit in the ladies comp today.  Played ok for 38 points - could have been a better if I didn't hit 2 OOBs on the 2nd and 3rd  :(

Hopefully the handicap should drop back down to 21.3  :D
Mandy, good to see you are back into the groove, even though you have had some time off and aren't playing as much. What was the trick to finishing on the right side of 36 points?

amanda
15th June 2005, 03:39 PM
Mandy, good to see you are back into the groove, even though you have had some time off and aren't playing as much.  What was the trick to finishing on the right side of 36 points?
My putting and general short game today was 100% better than it's been in ages. Even if I left a putt way short, I somehow sunk everything within 3m :shock:

I think it came down to having no expectations of playing brilliantly - especially after 3 holes I had only 3 points :oops:

oz
18th June 2005, 02:52 PM
A butt-ugly 82 today.  I've been crook for a couple of weeks, and haven't practiced at all, and it showed today.  Lost interest on the back nine (and I'm cranky with myself for that---- I hate that), and just stunk it up pretty good.  OB on the last tee shot was a fitting end to a crappy day.

jimandr
18th June 2005, 05:26 PM
A fairly ordinary 34 points today, but it could have been a lot worse. 4 doubles, all taking four to get down from near the green.

Fairways = 10 of 14, but not many really good ones
GIR = 8 of 18
Putts = 34, 2 three putts, no birdies
Up & Down = 1 of 4
Sand Saves = 2 of 5.

I need to share my partner's score today. He was off 9.

I have never seen anything like this. Both of us hacked around the front nine, me 14pts, him 15pts. We're talking on the 10th tee, and he says 'you never know, i've had a few 15 +22 scores before'. My 20 points was good, but he played good early, then finished with 4 BIRDIES IN A ROW :!: :shock: Every shot was down the middle, and he just couldn't miss a putt. 11 putts, 3 under off the stick, 26 points.

He won't be beaten on countback, I'm sure of that :!:

Grunt
18th June 2005, 09:07 PM
Had a hit at The Glades yesterday, the good game from last week took all my good shots. Could not hit a fairway or green, putts would not drop and poor day all round. 1 o'clock tee time did not help with darkness hitting us by 15. Will hit it hard this week to rectify the problems as I am not back at work for another 12 days. Got to get this right b4 C grade pennants season.

Trung
18th June 2005, 09:18 PM
6 down, Par Event.. 8)

off to Nelson Bay GC in the morning :P

Courty
19th June 2005, 08:13 AM
7 fairways
5 greens
30 putts
32 pts
:roll:

Eag's
19th June 2005, 03:57 PM
Played Nudgee plate today
89/77
Putts 33
Greens 3 :oops:
Fairways 6

AndyP
19th June 2005, 05:48 PM
19/06/2005, Nudgee GC North, Nudgee Plate.

For the second round in a row since being off my new handicap 11, I've played to it. I thought I actually played better than that today, but had a couple of shots that let me down. I definitely feel like I left a few out there.

Drives were a bit all over the place, but I am hitting the irons the best I ever have, and the putting is feeling good. Even sinking the occasional longun.

I am either on a little bit of a hot streak or am starting to play a bit closer to my potential. I would like to think the latter, with more improvement to come.

6/14 effective T-shots.
8/18 effective approaches.
33 putts.
----------------
1 birdie.
9 pars.
5 bogeys.
2 doubles.
1 other.

Score 40-42-82 nett 71 (36-35-71)

Courty
19th June 2005, 06:51 PM
Wen for a social 9 at Half Moon Bay this afternoon with some guys from work. Bogied the first, then had 8 consecutive pars with 2 lipped out birdies. Made some good putts to save par on a few others. Ho hum, back to work for another week now. :? :roll:

markTHEblake
19th June 2005, 06:59 PM
Courty did you say Gidday to Alex while you were there

Courty
19th June 2005, 07:02 PM
Courty did you say Gidday to Alex while you were there

I forgot you knew him, but he wasn't in the pro shop when I went through anyhow. He was probably in the bar...

markTHEblake
19th June 2005, 07:40 PM
You know him too well

let him know that his old trainee (craig) is doing really well as well.

McMw
19th June 2005, 09:57 PM
District Games Round 1 on Friday - ugly 86

so annoyed and embarrased with the score, played sat morning at home course for a scratchy 75...

woke up at 5 this morning for the hour plus drive into the capital...and our District was tied 2nd with 2 other districts, 4 shots behind...

contained the front nine with a 4over 40, and played well to get it down to 3over, 18th GIR...but 3 putted for the 76... :evil:

anyway, we won the bronze on count back (sperate thread to be started), which is not too bad, considering that our team doesn't have a national squad player, and the other 3 districts do...

mike
19th June 2005, 10:21 PM
Final round of the club champs today. Our A grade champ finished with a 2 under par 70 and had 19 putts.

Wow.

Ona
19th June 2005, 11:28 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

yeah 19 putts isn't too bad really

terryand
20th June 2005, 07:19 AM
Final round of the club champs today. Our A grade champ finished with a 2 under par 70 and had 19 putts.

Wow.

Great putting....Crap ball striking by the sound of it :?

Not too many greens in reg I'd say :cry:

Terry.

markTHEblake
20th June 2005, 08:14 AM
yeah 19 putts isn't too bad really

i had 19 putts on sat as well, shame that was just the back 9 though.

BrisVegas
20th June 2005, 08:22 AM
88 gross - 81 nett. :oops:

7 Fairways
5 GIR
28 putts

What can I say... At least I putted alright! Thanks Gazgolf1 for the new putter - it saved me from shooting 94 gross. :lol: Interestingly, I hit about 6 wild block-slice drives! It's been a long time since I drove the ball that bad. :? My iron play was pretty good and I only had a couple of ugly skulled/chunked greenside shots.

andylo
20th June 2005, 02:50 PM
47, 48 - 95 gross 68 nett in Nudgee as most ppl knew ;)

I think I need a Dr Bob character now instead of Butch Harmon to help my game. Lots of mental thing happening to me yesterday and it really was the most tired day I had recently.

Onewood
20th June 2005, 03:23 PM
Nudgee plate yesterday.......82/5/77 :cry: par 71

After watching Tezza go B.Par,B,B to be 3 under after 4...I was the opp :oops: tripple, Par, double, double :cry: 7 over after 4.....I was thinking what a day this is going to be giving tezza 12shots :shock: after 4 holes, played the rest 4 over and missed tezza by one, with a bogey, bogey finish :D

burger
21st June 2005, 11:46 AM
Played at Riverside Oaks on their ‘Rocks’ day. This is where you play from the very back on all holes with pins set in bastard spots and greens at lightening pace.

Under these conditions I really expected to struggle, being a part time player at most.
I cannot believe how well I played for the front 9 holes turning at 20 points. Unfortunately I then got ahead of myself started to spray shots AND lose some putter touch. Came home with 12 points.

CCR was 75 and I REALLY enjoyed myself!
My mindset was to try to just let my swing happen and to not ‘force’ shots. This worked REALLY well for 9 holes, OK for about 4 more and fell in a bit of a heap for the last five.

stu

990B Luva
21st June 2005, 01:25 PM
that was about how Nudgee was set up Burger :lol:

Onewood
22nd June 2005, 02:22 PM
Had a better time of it at Nudgee today 40/37 = 77 for 35 points

Started bogey, bogey and finished bogey, bogey :cry:

Inbetween was very consistent, hit driver well without staring, hit some good iron shots and putted well 8)

cazandpaul
22nd June 2005, 03:36 PM
It's been a long week this week :shock: