PDA

View Full Version : Vic: Melbournites

Sydney Hacker
9th February 2011, 10:18 AM
Gents,

I have to be in Melbourne on Friday morning for a meeting. Is there anywhere either close to the city or on the airport side of town worth trying to have a hit at on Friday afternoon ?

Any info provided is much appreciated.

Bruce
9th February 2011, 10:23 AM
Not a lot on the airport side of town. Only about 30mins via the ring road to Tulla from Sanctuary Lakes.

I assume you are going out via Tulla. SL is quite convenient to Avalon (comparatively).

Sydney Hacker
9th February 2011, 10:30 AM
Sorry should of included that, flying in and out of Tulla.

Dave
9th February 2011, 10:34 AM
Royal park, Northcote and Riverside are the 3 i play the most and are all in that area, but none are really great and would probably be way too easy for anyone who know how to play.

chappy1970
9th February 2011, 10:38 AM
Albert Park may be your best bet, it's south of the city, but only 5 mins south and in reasonable nick.

Not such a drama to get onto Citylink from AP and then on to Tulla.

Bruce
9th February 2011, 11:29 AM
Assuming you just want something to fill in a couple of hours then Albert Park would do that and you can have the experience of teeing off while trucks use their exhaust brakes 5m away. I can't think of any other notable features of Albert Park golf course.

crops23
9th February 2011, 11:37 AM
Goonawarra is not a bad option about 5 min from the airport and u shouldn't have a problem getting on nice course

Sydney Hacker
10th February 2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys, by the sounds of it I might take advantage of the flexible fair and head home early.

Webster
10th February 2011, 03:26 PM
You'd be much better off heading to the Spottiswood Hotel for the lunchtime stripper show than playing any of the crap tracks mentioned.

Sydney Hacker
10th February 2011, 05:36 PM
You'd be much better off heading to the Spottiswood Hotel for the lunchtime stripper show than playing any of the crap tracks mentioned.

Address ? And do they take amex ?

Webster
10th February 2011, 07:11 PM
Under the Westgate bridge
No

kev
11th February 2011, 09:59 AM
Address ? And do they take amex ?

Hotel (http://www.melbournepubs.com/venue/704/), and yes. You just won't get it back...

Sydney Hacker
21st July 2011, 09:32 AM
Back to bother you Melbournites for more info...

We have a group of guys coming down to the Mornington Pen. for a golf week and the presidents cup in November, we have organised golf down there for the Thursday and Saturday but am now looking for somewhere to play on the Wednesday after we fly in.

We get in around 11.00ish and would like to play somewhere between the airport and the peninsula that afternoon. Doesn't need to be the best of tracks, but prefer it not to be an absolute goat track. Anyone got any suggestions where we would be able to get 6 guys a game?

Boonie
26th July 2011, 09:59 AM
Back to bother you Melbournites for more info...

We have a group of guys coming down to the Mornington Pen. for a golf week and the presidents cup in November, we have organised golf down there for the Thursday and Saturday but am now looking for somewhere to play on the Wednesday after we fly in.

We get in around 11.00ish and would like to play somewhere between the airport and the peninsula that afternoon. Doesn't need to be the best of tracks, but prefer it not to be an absolute goat track. Anyone got any suggestions where we would be able to get 6 guys a game?

Long Island would be worth a try. I'm not sure which day their mid-week members comp is, but they have been taking a stack of green fee players the last few years.

Really nice course, good condition and right at the start of the Mornington Peninsula.

Goldy
26th July 2011, 10:34 AM
SeptemberSquall is a member there (Long Island) - so he may be able to advise.

Sydney Hacker
26th July 2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the tips, looking forward to getting down there.