PDA

View Full Version : Qld: The Glades - Gold Coast Charity Golf Day

golfbound
6th February 2011, 08:54 PM
Hi Guys looking for anyone interested in playing in our charity golf day at The Glades in April entry is by way of 100% tax deductible donation of $150 per person or more. Heaps of prizes includes dinner. All in all a great day helping a great golfing charity.

Please PM me for details

We have had 2 sponsors go bust so we are desperate for players and sponsors.
Can anyone here help.
Cheers thanks for reading
The Glades - Gold Coast Charity Golf Day

sms316
6th February 2011, 09:07 PM
Don't suppose you have a date set aside? Or is it tba?

golfbound
6th February 2011, 09:44 PM
yep got a date
11th April 2011.

Entry form can be downloaded here http://www.qaga.org.au/charity_day.pdf (http://www.qaga.org.au/charity_day.pdf)

Sponsors info pack can be downloaded here http://www.qaga.org.au/info_pack.pdf

info on The Glades Here http://www.qaga.org.au/australian_open.htm (http://http://www.qaga.org.au/australian_open.htm)

golfbound
6th February 2011, 10:14 PM
The Format is
Texas Stableford - for thise that don't know this this is how it works

All members tee off choose a drive and play out the hole from that spot as a individual the best 2 scores go on the card.

pretty simple really

golfbound
8th February 2011, 10:51 AM
got about 40 spots left if anyone can help out

golfbound
13th February 2011, 04:21 PM
Don't suppose you have a date set aside? Or is it tba?

Are you going to play sms

golfbound
20th February 2011, 10:09 PM
so is there anyone from here going to play in this day??

Daves
28th February 2011, 08:23 AM
so is there anyone from here going to play in this day??

This is a tough one to make ben, being on the same week as the Leon Treadwell event in Toowoomba. $150 a head, $600 a team is pretty hard to get past as well. Not knocking it, understand why it is at that level, it just more than most can afford that is all. I will try to make it if it looks like we we can get an Ozgolf team together for it.

golfbound
28th February 2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Daves

I totally understand about it being the same week as The Leon Treadwell event (I would have liked to play in this myself) and i do know finances are tight with most people at the moment as for the cost $150 per person that is about what we are paying for the event The Glades are charging out at $95 pp for golf with a cart and dinner is being charges @ $45pp so we are only making $10 pp for our charity. This is our only fundraiser we have each year so i try and get as many people as possible there to see what we are about and to enjony a great game of golf. We have over $3000 worth of prizes to give away.

We are down players and sponsors this year (3 of our major sponsors pulled the pin or went bust on us) so i am just trying everything i can to get people to play.

We also hold monthly games but these are not fundraisers

Daves
28th February 2011, 10:41 AM
Hi Daves

I totally understand about it being the same week as The Leon Treadwell event (I would have liked to play in this myself) and i do know finances are tight with most people at the moment as for the cost $150 per person that is about what we are paying for the event The Glades are charging out at $195 pp for golf with a cart and dinner is being charges @ $45pp so we are only making $10 pp for our charity. This is our only fundraiser we have each year so i try and get as many people as possible there to see what we are about and to enjony a great game of golf. We have over $3000 worth of prizes to give away.

We are down players and sponsors this year (3 of our major sponsors pulled the pin or went bust on us) so i am just trying everything i can to get people to play.

We also hold monthly games but these are not fundraisers

Jeez, they are tough numbers to make the day work for QAPA ben. I presume $195 is a typo and was meant to be $95pp for golf with cart. The dinner is an add on that isn't attractive to me, though again I understand why you have included it (for the auctions etc). Having to travel for 2 hours (1 hour each way) allowing another 5/6 hours for the golf and drinks etc afterward, then having to hang around for a dinner that evening isn't attractive, no matter how worthy the cause. More so when I have to stay dry to drive home. Would be OK for GC locals I guess, but not for travellers from Brissy I would suggest.

Good luck with the day.

golfbound
28th February 2011, 11:42 AM
on no worries thanks for your input and yes the 195 was a typo its fixed now

markTHEblake
1st March 2011, 12:38 AM
I think the Glades made a typo when they quoted you for that day, Golf and food for $140 is a shocker, even for them.

i organised a charity day at the Glades 3 years ago, cost for players $85 including food, i forgot what profit we made per head. The Glades rack rate was $150 then, still the same now AFAIK. Green fees on the gold coast have barely changed in at least 5 years, maybe longer.

TheTrueReview
1st March 2011, 09:49 AM
I think the Glades made a typo when they quoted you for that day, Golf and food for $140 is a shocker, even for them.

i organised a charity day at the Glades 3 years ago, cost for players $85 including food, i forgot what profit we made per head. The Glades rack rate was $150 then, still the same now AFAIK. Green fees on the gold coast have barely changed in at least 5 years, maybe longer.

I'm playing there next month in a social tourney -> $95 (incl cart). No food.

golfbound
1st March 2011, 08:46 PM
the price will come down if we get a full field i think we can book the course for half day and it will come down to $75 pp for golf but if we can't get the full field it goes back up. So i guess i need to try and get as many people as possible there.

markTHEblake
1st March 2011, 09:23 PM
Ben you need to market this to the Porsche driving peroxided hair, silicone wife demographic. The average golfer really isnt interested in spending that much on a golf day regardless of how good the cause is.

golfbound
1st March 2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks Blakey for yet another negative reply if you dont want to come thats fine but no need to talk sh*t Mate dont bother replying to anything i write if its not positive.

To be honest i am a bit sick of the crap i get from some of the folk on here... So i wont bother posting anything anymore..

markTHEblake
1st March 2011, 11:55 PM
Its not negative to tell you the truth. I can see you are trying pretty hard to attract some interest in your golf day, and its not working, and i can tell you are disappointed about that. So here I am telling you why, You need the high flying corporates to play, that demographic does not hang out here.

If you want to run a charity day that Ozgolfers will be interested in, price it at about $40-50. Its not that we are not interested, it is just too much for a game of golf at a golf course that is nothing special.

AndyP
2nd March 2011, 08:11 AM
To be honest i am a bit sick of the crap i get from some of the folk on here... So i wont bother posting anything anymore..If you were getting crap, surely you would report it to the moderators.

Daves
2nd March 2011, 08:15 AM
Its not negative to tell you the truth. I can see you are trying pretty hard to attract some interest in your golf day, and its not working, and i can tell you are disappointed about that. So here I am telling you why, You need the high flying corporates to play, that demographic does not hang out here.

If you want to run a charity day that Ozgolfers will be interested in, price it at about $40-50. Its not that we are not interested, it is just too much for a game of golf at a golf course that is nothing special.

Ditto for me ben. I was simply trying to help, as you were getting no responses and seem to be getting frustrated. I won't bother in future.

Ferrins
2nd March 2011, 09:20 AM
Ben, to be fair, a fair % of your posts are self promotion or drumming up business for golf days or seeking donations.

Ferrins
2nd March 2011, 09:24 AM
We all have our gripes mate, the Ozgolf proshop does my head in.

TheTrueReview
2nd March 2011, 11:06 AM
We all have our gripes mate, the Ozgolf proshop does my head in.

No honour? :razz:

henno
2nd March 2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks Blakey for yet another negative reply if you dont want to come thats fine but no need to talk sh*t Mate dont bother replying to anything i write if its not positive.

To be honest i am a bit sick of the crap i get from some of the folk on here... So i wont bother posting anything anymore..

http://i.imgur.com/44B9G.jpg

golfbound
2nd March 2011, 10:08 PM
Th

Thanks Guys call it a dumby spit if you like but if you look back Blakey has never made a neutral or positive feed back regarding any of my posts and yes i do put up posts about golf days because thats what i love to play golf and help charities. If it wasnt for charities i dont think i would be up and walking nor playing golf so i feel i have to try and give back as much as possable. I do know i need the corporate people there but i am having trouble finding them i put this post up in the hope someone on here might know someone who would like to play. I have run many a golf day before but this year seems to be alot tougher, as for other posts I have offered for any of you to come out and have a hit with me at Gainsborough Greens free of charge but i have only had 1 person come out and play i would love to play in your OZ GOLF days but i only have tuesdays off and there never seems to be a day that you play on a tuesday.

Sorry for posting golf days in a golfing forum.

markTHEblake
3rd March 2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks Guys call it a dumby spit if you like but if you look back Blakey has never made a neutral or positive feed back regarding any of my posts
there was nothing negative about my suggestion at all. And never is a pretty brave call, wanna bet on it?

golfbound
3rd March 2011, 12:33 AM
no mate not really bothered wasting time anymore.

markTHEblake
3rd March 2011, 12:59 AM
So thats an apology or a retraction then.

Thanks

shavey
4th March 2011, 12:44 PM
As most of you are aware, there is a sliding scale in place for groups with course hire being the best option in reducing pp rates. At this point in time, $95-100 is the going rate at the Glades for the smaller group sizes. Then you are looking at around $25 for basic catering options so not a lot of margin with the smaller group sizes.

Whilst I empathise with the lack of takers for Ben's charity days, he would see from visiting the other threads that the ozgolf community is slightly budget conscious, less corporate day orientated and more in it for the social aspect of this great game.

Whilst I wish you all the best in getting players and sponsors, perhaps alligning yourself with tee-times on ISG (or even golflink) will provide a much greater scope to a different audience.

BrisVegas
4th March 2011, 01:25 PM
Whilst I empathise with the lack of takers for Ben's charity days, he would see from visiting the other threads that the ozgolf community is slightly budget conscious, less corporate day orientated and more in it for the social aspect of this great game.

no offence taken. :wink:

markTHEblake
4th March 2011, 06:10 PM
Slightly?

shavey
4th March 2011, 06:14 PM
I was trying to be PC :)

Hux
4th March 2011, 06:48 PM
Tight as ducks arses. Ben just needs to go to the Pro Shop to see what a bunch of tight crunts you lot are!!!

CanuckDownUnder
4th March 2011, 10:28 PM
LOL.