PDA

View Full Version : Lydia Ko

goonie
5th February 2011, 07:06 PM
Anyone heard of Kydia Ko? she is only 13 years old and plays off +6, she came runner up in the NSW Open after having the lead on the last hole. and shot -5 today at the Ladies Aus Open.

http://tvnz.co.nz/golf-news/kiwi-golfer-centimetre-history-4005689?ref=rss

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/lydia-ready-to-ko-field/story-e6frf9if-1225997715536

Jarro
5th February 2011, 07:08 PM
I saw her name mentioned on a FoxSports news break ...... never heard of her before, but a massive effort for a 13 year old :shock:

Eag's
5th February 2011, 08:03 PM
+6 at 13 years of age **** me!!!!!

Minor_Threat
5th February 2011, 08:26 PM
+6 is an amazing handicap to acheive. Unbelievable!

Dotty
5th February 2011, 08:34 PM
Was that the 13yo girl that beat Parmaster at tennis?

sms316
5th February 2011, 10:15 PM
13 years of age **** me!!!!!

Filth.

matty
6th February 2011, 11:50 AM
What does that say about women's golf? I don't know if it's good or bad. I just can't imagine a 13 y.o. boy ever coming close to the male professionals.
+6 is +6, just incredible, but in 10 or 15 years with her increased knowledge of the game and physical growth you'd think she'd be off +12. :-s
Maybe she's peaking too early.
What other sport can a 13 year old get to the elite of their chosen sport?

Veefore
6th February 2011, 01:07 PM
What does that say about women's golf? I don't know if it's good or bad. I just can't imagine a 13 y.o. boy ever coming close to the male professionals.
+6 is +6, just incredible, but in 10 or 15 years with her increased knowledge of the game and physical growth you'd think she'd be off +12. :-s
Maybe she's peaking too early.
What other sport can a 13 year old get to the elite of their chosen sport?

For Ladies?

Tennis and Gymnastics for starters. I remember reading once that a female body is at it's optimum power to weight ration in the early to mid teens. It is not unusual for mid-teens girls to be at their peak physically and then to never get any better. In golf there is a chance though because the mental side like course management become their area for development.

Webster
6th February 2011, 01:11 PM
I watch her hit asome balls at the Womens Open at Comm, and she hits em well.

Eag's
6th February 2011, 01:43 PM
Filth.

You idiot :smt075

Iain
6th February 2011, 02:16 PM
You idiot :smt075

Expect any less?!

LarryLong
6th February 2011, 02:20 PM
Gifted kids give me the shits.

:)

What's the female equivalent of "If he doesn't get distracted by girls and beer he could be anything"?

Daves
6th February 2011, 02:23 PM
When we attended the Martinez clinic down at the GCCC range last month, there was a large contingent of Koreans practicing there, under the tutelage of Ian Trigg I gather. Eun Hee Ji, the reigning US Open Champ was one of the group. I am wondering whether Ko was there as well?.

Edit: KO is a NZ'er I see, so probably not.

BayBum
6th February 2011, 02:44 PM
She is a very mature girl for her age,well spoken.Her friend Cecilia cho is another to look out for.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/golf/3481657/Cho-wins-Australia-amateur-title

http://seoulsisters.com/players/misc/lydia.htm
http://seoulsisters.com/players/misc/lydia.htm

markTHEblake
6th February 2011, 03:47 PM
What does that say about women's golf?

That with all of the excellent coaching thats available now, she wont be the last early teen star (and she isnt the first either)

I just can't imagine a 13 y.o. boy ever coming close to the male professionals.

of course not :-) many females are fully grown by 13-14. Many boys still dont grow until 17-18 and even then they are not competitive physical wise for many years.

matty
6th February 2011, 04:38 PM
Imagine being a female pro golfer who has scrapped aorund making a living for years, is in her late 20's, early 30's, and you get partnered with Ko, who proceeds to give you a lesson. It'd be enough to make you cry. :lol:

gazgolf1
24th December 2013, 06:18 AM
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/lydia-ko-splits-coach-11-years?sct=hp1

Another talent for Leadbetter to ruin.

meh
24th December 2013, 07:31 AM
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/lydia-ko-splits-coach-11-years?sct=hp1

Another talent for Leadbetter to ruin.

Crazy.

Captain Nemo
24th December 2013, 07:47 AM
Heard that on fox sports last night, girl must be crazy has she not searched Leadbetters past history.....:smt120

Tank33
24th December 2013, 12:22 PM
Wish her all the luck

matty
24th December 2013, 12:55 PM
Just goes to show, no matter the skill level, golfers are always searching for that something else.

sms316
24th December 2013, 01:00 PM
It's women's golf. Does anyone really give a shit unless they are good looking?

matty
24th December 2013, 01:04 PM
No.

Coldtopper
24th December 2013, 01:05 PM
It's women's golf. Does anyone really give a shit unless they are good looking? Fair call Sms. I see you are well versed in current affairs so I pose a question. Is she a batter or a bowler?

sms316
24th December 2013, 01:10 PM
Fair call Sms. I see you are well versed in current affairs so I pose a question. Is she a batter or a bowler? I doubt she has worked that out yet.

Lagerlover
24th December 2013, 04:54 PM
It's this a case of when grooming goes bad?

pt73
24th December 2013, 05:53 PM
She signed with IMG who own the Ledbetter Academy, IMO it's all about controlling every aspect of their new client. Her old coach had no connection to IMG so he got the shove plus he was her caddy so she'll have to find a new caddy too.

TR66
24th December 2013, 06:31 PM
It's women's golf. Does anyone really give a shit unless they are good looking?

Well I actually like Karrie Webb and newcomer's like Kristie Smith and Whippa Hillier.

TheNuclearOne
25th December 2013, 12:34 PM
Leadbetter has it under control

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2013/12/leadbetter-takes-on-ko-and-hopes-not-to-screw-her-up.html

pt73
25th December 2013, 06:18 PM
Well that's a relief.

TheNuclearOne
25th December 2013, 09:36 PM
Well, the golf swing anyway LOL

Mububban
17th January 2014, 03:06 PM
I want to punch this guy in the face, but she comes across well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr9fIUGiplM

She's playing Graphite Design shafts in those Apex Pros

Shane788
17th January 2014, 09:32 PM
God that bloke is a tool.

oldracer
23rd March 2014, 10:04 AM
Just hit a 510yard par 5 in 2!!!!!!!! Eagled the putt, impressive

Golfwhang
23rd March 2014, 02:23 PM
She's awesome I reckon she'll be no 1 in a short time

Mububban
29th April 2014, 05:06 PM
She just won her first US tour event. 17 years old, wow.

Ko shot a final-round 69 to earn her third career LPGA win – and first as a pro – at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic for a one-stroke victory over 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Stacy Lewis to further cement her legacy as an up-and-coming star on the Tour.

pt73
29th April 2014, 05:20 PM
She's a massive talent but I read last week that she's on to caddy #4 for the year, I hope this isn't caused by her family sticking their noses into everything like Michelle Wie's mother/father did and still do.

sms316
29th April 2014, 05:34 PM
She just won her first US tour event. 17 years old, wow. Not true. She's won in the 51st state.

Pencil
29th April 2014, 08:26 PM
It's her 3rd LPGA win, her first as a pro. She won the Canadian Open back to back as an amateur.

kiwitown
29th April 2014, 08:46 PM
She's a massive talent but I read last week that she's on to caddy #4 for the year, I hope this isn't caused by her family sticking their noses into everything like Michelle Wie's mother/father did and still do.

I Think I heard them say she was using local caddies. The caddie she won yesterday with has caddied for her before at that course when she was an amateur

Tank33
1st May 2014, 08:01 AM
Wasnt she caddied by her coach when she was an amateur?

kiwitown
1st May 2014, 06:38 PM
her coach only caddied for selected events, when she won the Canadian open twice it was with a local caddie

aym
26th May 2014, 10:54 AM
Anyone have any stats on her swing speed? saw a video on youtube and she said she was averaging 250yards, visually her swing looks like it's travelling about 2 mhp...

MAZA68
9th June 2014, 02:31 PM
Gotta be a chance fro the Us Open as well.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/golf/10132825/Lowest-pro-round-rockets-Ko-into-contention

Golfwhang
21st July 2014, 10:22 AM
How good is this young girl she just won again and 1mill earning already

BayBum
21st July 2014, 10:50 AM
Her list of achievements to date is ridiculous !

Shane788
21st July 2014, 07:49 PM
Amazing how calm she was up the last, knocking that wedge to 3-4 feet in need of a birdie and delivers.

Coldtopper
22nd July 2014, 11:31 AM
I think it is great that the Ko girl is going well and playing great golf. How long for? Never seen a Asian girl last beyond a few years before.
In LPGA terms Karrie is a HQ holden compared to all the Hyundai's that have come and gone in the last decade. Maybe one can last a decade!

TheNuclearOne
22nd July 2014, 11:33 AM
I think it is great that the Ko girl is going well and playing great golf. How long for? Never seen a Asian girl last beyond a few years before.
In LPGA terms Karrie is a HQ holden compared to all the Hyundai's that have come and gone in the last decade. Maybe one can last a decade!

You get the feeling she's a cut above all that has come before her but you're right, time will tell.

3oneday
22nd July 2014, 11:34 AM
Michelle Wie has been around a while.

I think Karrie is an exception to the norm really, not many golfers fullstop hang around 10 years, whether they're Asian or not. Weird thing to say.

TheNuclearOne
22nd July 2014, 11:47 AM
Michelle Wie has been around a while.

I think Karrie is an exception to the norm really, not many golfers fullstop hang around 10 years, whether they're Asian or not. Weird thing to say.

It will interesting to see where Kerrie ends up rated historically, her longevity has been insane. Sorenstams got her covered but gee she's been around for a while.

jimandr
22nd July 2014, 09:38 PM
This is quite an interesting discussion topic, that of length of careers in women's golf.

The more I think about it, the more exceptions I remember, but those exceptions do stand out. I'm thinking Laura Davies in particular, Karrie, Cristie Kerr, Catriona Matthew, and the only asian player I call recall breaking the 10 year barrier, Se Re Pak. But there aren't many others.

As a general rule, even the stars of 15 years ago either aren't featuring at all, or do not contend any more. Apart from Laura, no women over 40 play any significant role in golf. Compare that to the men.

I don't think it is an Asian thing, more an overall lack of longevity question. I am guessing on this, but how many of the youth prodigies in ladies golf even make 30, regardless of nationality? Perhaps only Morgan Pressel and Paula Creamer (if they are 30 yet?).

Of course, the elephant in the women's golf room is marriage, family and babies. None of those things have anywhere near the impact for an elite man than they do for an elite woman player.

Maybe Lydia Ko might be the one to change all of that. Right now, she is certainly good enough.

shazza_rs
23rd July 2014, 08:16 AM
Of course, the elephant in the women's golf room is marriage, family and babies. None of those things have anywhere near the impact for an elite man than they do for an elite woman player.

But aren't all elite sportswomen gay? ;)

I actually find this interesting too. I suppose you either start young and make your dough then have a family or have your career and no family.

3Puttpete
23rd July 2014, 09:31 AM
But aren't all elite sportswomen gay? ;)

I actually find this interesting too. I suppose you either start young and make your dough then have a family or have your career and no family.

Don't be silly! They're not all gay, just the hotties.

I think we'll see more come back to sport after having kids. Mum is no longer the only option to look after the kids.

benno_r
23rd July 2014, 09:45 AM
Mum is no longer the only option to look after the kids.

I'd happy to be a doting house husband for any of the top 10 LPGA players.

3Puttpete
23rd July 2014, 09:57 AM
I'd happy to be a doting house husband for any of the top 10 LPGA players.

Exactly my point.

You'd be good at it too.

benno_r
23rd July 2014, 10:11 AM
Exactly my point.

You'd be good at it too.

Hell yeah, as long as Karrie keeps up a good supply of Nippon shafts and Bridgestone clubs, I'd happily clean the grass from her grooves.

3Puttpete
23rd July 2014, 10:17 AM
Hell yeah, as long as Karrie keeps up a good supply of Nippon shafts and Bridgestone clubs, I'd happily clean the grass from her grooves.

I'm almost certain that's one thing you won't have to do

benno_r
23rd July 2014, 10:18 AM
I'm almost certain that's one thing you won't have to do

You know me well enough to know that I could change her.

gameboy
30th August 2014, 08:54 PM
looks like she needs wrist surgery for a cyst - not good news obviously

Minor_Threat
31st August 2014, 08:11 AM
looks like she needs wrist surgery for a cyst - not good news obviously

Sounds like a ganglion cyst? They are no good at all. I had had these things causing problems for me for ages. Very hard to get rid of.

wizard_of_oz
24th November 2014, 01:44 PM
Great rookie season for Lydia. Won the Tour championship $500k and also the Race to CME bonus $1.0M for the biggest payday in LPGA history. Certainly wouldn't hurt if she had a stylist on board next season! I like the girl but the geeky glasses are out. If it was a hottie like Michelle Wie winning, this would have undoubtedly garnered a lot more attention.

Golfwhang
24th November 2014, 01:45 PM
How good is this girl winning the final event to clean up 1.5mil

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 01:49 PM
Great rookie season for Lydia. Won the Tour championship $500k and also the Race to CME bonus $1.0M for the biggest payday in LPGA history. Certainly wouldn't hurt if she had a stylist on board next season! I like the girl but the geeky glasses are out. If it was a hottie like Michelle Wie winning, this would have undoubtedly garnered a lot more attention.

She's 17. Let her grow up before you turn her into a sex symbol

Coldtopper
24th November 2014, 02:00 PM
Sorry am I missing something isnt the Ko girl a 17 year old, New Zealander, Korean born and very unattractive? Who cares how she plays now really!

wizard_of_oz
24th November 2014, 02:05 PM
She's 17. Let her grow up before you turn her into a sex symbol

You mean like Michelle Wie when she was 17? :? It's called marketing and branding of an athlete. It's just a fact, more marketable athletes score the bigger endorsement deals and get a lot more hype regardless of their talent. You only need to look at the sport of tennis to see a perfect example of this. Serena Williams has been world number 1 for years but Maria Sharapova has made more money off endorsements than she has. Again, in case people misconstrue the comment, I like the girl, she's obviously very talented but IN MY OPINION she would be not doing herself a disservice by being more marketable.

FuzzyJuzzy
24th November 2014, 03:24 PM
For what it's worth, I think Lydia's personable, down to earth attitude (which is soooooooooooo evident every time she speaks with the media) are cracking marketing traits for a professional athlete. And let's try not get into dodgy territory, but in terms of pro golfers she's certainly not one of the more frumpy lookers. Plus, I rate what she's done as a golfer in the last couple of years miles ahead of what Michelle Wie has done over the last near decade...

aym
24th November 2014, 05:30 PM
I think Lydia's personable, down to earth attitude (which is soooooooooooo evident every time she speaks with the media) are cracking marketing traits for a professional athlete.

Yep, I think thats the new marketing direction, similar traits apply to Rory, the type of golfers you'd most likely to meet at your local course.

wizard_of_oz
28th January 2015, 09:23 AM
Quite the transformation.

http://www.golf.com/2015/01/14/lydia-ko-unveils-new-look-lpga-media-guide

3Puttpete
31st January 2015, 12:29 PM
She's about to be transformed into number 1 too.

FuzzyJuzzy
31st January 2015, 11:08 PM
L-Ko is a gun. Will be interesting to see if Min Jee Lee can give here a run in the coming years...

razaar
31st January 2015, 11:49 PM
I hope KO has done the right thing by working with Leadbetter. He didn't make it happen for Wie. In fact she lost 30+ yards with the driver (according to reports from experts). Why would Ko join her?

3Puttpete
1st February 2015, 01:02 AM
The first 12 months didn't seem to hurt too much.

Shane788
1st February 2015, 11:01 AM
What a putt!!!!

Shane788
1st February 2015, 11:05 AM
2 shot swing from 6 feet... Wow

Micdeez
1st February 2015, 11:55 AM
Oh damn bad luck Lydia. But can't complain with beingg number 1 at aged 17!

3Puttpete
26th February 2015, 05:37 PM
From an article on GA's website

Ko wandered up the clubhouse stairs to make her last brief scheduled stop at the champion’s cocktail party, then quietly slipped an envelope containing $500 into the hands of assistant GM Andrea Watson to kickstart the staff’s “after-party”.

Hatchman
26th February 2015, 05:56 PM
From an article on GA's website

Ko wandered up the clubhouse stairs to make her last brief scheduled stop at the champion’s cocktail party, then quietly slipped an envelope containing $500 into the hands of assistant GM Andrea Watson to kickstart the staff’s “after-party”.

That's a lot of Cruisers to kick off a finger licking good time :lol:

Ferrins
26th February 2015, 07:45 PM
Good on her.

markTHEblake
26th February 2015, 10:20 PM
isnt it against the law for a 17yo to buy alcohol?

3Puttpete
26th February 2015, 10:41 PM
What 17 year old bought alcohol?

goughy
27th February 2015, 08:13 AM
Maybe she requested they only serve virgin shandy's.

TheNuclearOne
28th February 2015, 09:04 PM

This 17yo prosecuted yet?

FuzzyJuzzy
28th February 2015, 09:54 PM

Well, she does have a tattoo, so she's totally badass:).

petethepilot
1st March 2015, 09:57 PM
And she shot 11 under yesterday!

hippo10
1st March 2015, 10:34 PM
And wins today!

TheNuclearOne
1st March 2015, 11:26 PM
How special is this one, wow.

Hatchman
3rd March 2015, 12:49 AM
Quoted as wanting to retire at 30 to go into sport physiology the other week.

jimandr
27th April 2015, 09:04 PM
And wins today!

And wins today (again)!

At the age of 18 (just), her career is already at the stage where she needs to win majors to validate her place in golf history.

Hatchman
27th April 2015, 10:03 PM
And wins today (again)!

At the age of 18 (just), her career is already at the stage where she needs to win majors to validate her place in golf history.

Do they have Majors?

shazza_rs
28th April 2015, 09:58 AM
Do they have Majors?

I don't know if that was a serious question or not.

Here's the list....

ANA Inspiration
Women's PGA Championship
U.S. Women's Open
Women's British Open
The Evian Championship

petethepilot
28th April 2015, 10:47 AM
Shazza,
Is the ANA Inspiration the old Dinah Shore championship?

Daves
28th April 2015, 11:26 AM
Shazza,
Is the ANA Inspiration the old Dinah Shore championship?

Yep, then became the Kraft Nabisco, and now the ANA Inspiration.

jimandr
14th September 2015, 10:47 PM
In the absence of a PGA event this week I thought some may have had some interest in the LPGA Major. Apparently not.

Anyway, at age 18, Ms Ko is now the youngest ever winner of a major, to go with her many other accomplishments.

It seems strange to say this about someone her age, but she needed to win a major. You shouldn't be able to be ranked 1 unless you can win majors. Luke Donald and Lee Westwood might disagree I suppose, but majors are where the action is, and until now Lydia hasn't quite been a factor the way she should have been.

Jazz18
14th September 2015, 11:08 PM
She is an amazing player. The way she was laughing and so relaxed on her way around the back nine is incredible. She knew she was playing great and just let it happen. The guys on tour think they are the sh%t but this girl is the one to watch. She takes it for what it is (a game) and enjoys herself. When she's playing ordinary, she doesn't win, but she doesn't moan about it. When she's on, I don't think anyone gets near her as shown in France this week. She's great to watch too. Her short game is amazing.

Ferrins
15th September 2015, 05:25 AM
I have been to Evian and the water out of the tap is amazing had the best shower of my life there. Well done to Lydia and really enjoyed watching her smash the field in the last 9.

Ferrins
26th October 2015, 05:57 PM
A Taiwanese spanking.

MAZA68
26th October 2015, 06:42 PM
Lydia, World No 1 again along with Jason Day, sure that hasn't happening before with both No. 1's from downunder!

Shane788
26th October 2015, 07:46 PM
Pretty sure Lydia is NZ? We can claim her though I guess.

Daves
26th October 2015, 07:48 PM
Pretty sure Lydia is NZ? We can claim her though I guess.

So is Maza. I think he was taking an ANZAC approach to this one.

Ferrins
26th October 2015, 07:54 PM
Will she surpass Steve Willams for career golf earnings.

3Puttpete
26th October 2015, 08:07 PM
Will she surpass Steve Willams for career golf earnings.

From her first dollar

MAZA68
28th October 2015, 04:25 PM
And now 10 wins at the age of 18, youngest player ever to do so.

Ferrins
28th October 2015, 04:53 PM
Should have enough money to get her teeth fixed.

MAZA68
30th October 2015, 09:26 PM
Should have enough money to get her teeth fixed.
Probably have to wait for her baby teeth to grow out!

markTHEblake
30th October 2015, 09:54 PM
So is Maza. I think he was taking an ANZAC approach to this one. Well NZ is below australia so I guess so.

highballin
21st February 2016, 08:17 PM
Ko played great golf today but Japanese girl Nomura was exceptional. Fluent swing, putting a bit tentative first 9 then just started rolling them beautifully 2nd 9. Only bogey was on 18 for a 65 great to watch!

damoocow
21st February 2016, 11:44 PM
Rename her Lydia Slo - only a retard needs a caddy to stand behind and line up a one foot putt....Shin was no better....

jimandr
5th April 2016, 11:16 AM
OK. We've had another thread go off the rails a bit in discussing Lydia Ko and her win in the major. But this is the right place to discuss her win and her place in golf.

It was a sensational win. Even though it isn't really a very inspiring course, the fact that it is played at the same course every year does add quite a bit to the event. And 18 is a finishing hole that always generates excitement, usually by people doing something good to win rather than people doing something bad to lose. This time we had both.

In that other thread Lydia was likened to Tiger Woods. I don't think that comparison is appropriate, but her attitude toward pressure is the same as Tiger's. She loves it, and wants to test herself under pressure to find out whether she is good enough. Jutanagarn was the exact opposite. She got scared under pressure, and folded. It was sad to see.

But this is the Lydia thread. Her place in womens golf history is already established, but will she go on? Womens golf is full of child prodigies who haven't fulfilled their promise. The one thing that concerns me with Lydia is that she is already wearing tape on her arm to protect an injury. If she can remain healthy, she might become the best since Annika.

Captain Nemo
7th April 2016, 03:29 PM
I don't follow much women's golf but she seems pretty down to earth....
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160407/664c4f17504246da05bf42caf9810cb1.jpg

Ferrins
29th July 2016, 05:09 AM
12 back after round one of the British Open, winning could be a tall order. Do the ladies have a cut?

Coopers Country
29th July 2016, 08:52 AM
No a split

wazamac
29th July 2016, 09:00 AM
HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Ferrins
29th July 2016, 09:13 AM
That's what normally happens when you put up an easy lob.😀

jimandr
30th March 2018, 12:34 AM
http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/22858141/how-golfing-prodigy-lydia-ko-lost-way?addata=espn:golf:index

Very interesting article on Ms Ko and her fall from the heights.

I don't think there is anything in it that hasn't been reported or hinted at in other reports. David Leadbetter haters will be overjoyed to read this.

The Major starts tomorrow. It would be a big surprise if she is a contender.

3oneday
30th March 2018, 05:29 AM
Currently 2nd :)

Lagerlover
30th March 2018, 09:20 AM
Hahahaha

pt73
30th March 2018, 09:27 AM
http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/22858141/how-golfing-prodigy-lydia-ko-lost-way?addata=espn:golf:index

Very interesting article on Ms Ko and her fall from the heights.

I don't think there is anything in it that hasn't been reported or hinted at in other reports. David Leadbetter haters will be overjoyed to read this.

The Major starts tomorrow. It would be a big surprise if she is a contender.
Good article and I wonder how much influence her parents have over her.

Regardless she seems to be in the wilderness with not a lot of consistent performances.

Ferrins
31st March 2018, 06:48 AM
26th now, Jim have his finger on it.

Lagerlover
31st March 2018, 12:46 PM
26th now, Jim have his finger on it. I feel so foolish

Captain Nemo
30th April 2018, 02:34 PM
Well she’s back big time!
Beat an Aussie on the way...

pt73
30th April 2018, 03:56 PM
Pity for Minjee Lee not to win but at least this will keep Lydia out of the media spotlight for a while.

On Saturday's coverage the TV commentators spent about 5 minutes dissecting her fall from the #1 ranking in 2016 to #18.

okitoki
30th April 2018, 04:01 PM
did hear a video where the commentators mentioned about her losing 20lbs

thatguy
2nd May 2018, 04:34 PM
That was some shot given her struggles and the media spotlight. Here's hoping we see the smiling Lydia of old playing her best again from now on.

wizard_of_oz
9th November 2019, 12:29 AM
Holy cow. Has Lydia gone under the knife or has she just grown up? I couldn't recognise her.

https://youtu.be/meV2WGnAuL8

Captain Nemo
9th November 2019, 08:15 AM
No idea, they all look the same to me ��

Captain Nemo
9th November 2019, 08:17 AM
Good that she’s back playing well, so much talent probably led astray or distracted by her parents (allegedly) ?

3Puttpete
9th November 2019, 08:52 AM
Holy cow. Has Lydia gone under the knife or has she just grown up? I couldn't recognise her.

She lost a bunch of weight 18 months/2 years ago. Is that what you mean?

wizard_of_oz
9th November 2019, 11:26 AM
She lost a bunch of weight 18 months/2 years ago. Is that what you mean? It doesn't look just like weight loss, to me. I know a few people personally who've been to Korea to get some work done, and she looks quite different from what she used to look but that's just me. Hope she gets back to the winning circle this week.

Yossarian
10th November 2019, 12:23 AM
No idea, they all look the same to me �� Oh man

wazamac
11th November 2019, 04:27 PM
I'd go there. She wouldn't but I would

flathook
11th November 2019, 06:00 PM

Definitely had her teeth done and clearly not by leadbetter.

Hard_Pan
11th November 2019, 07:45 PM
Has she had her teeth fixed? She used to have a really prominent overlapping upper right incisor. Teeth seem perfectly aligned now.