View Full Version : Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible

TheTrueReview
5th February 2011, 05:45 PM
I'm thinking of getting it.

Who's read it?

Comments?

Veefore
5th February 2011, 05:51 PM
Got it. I haven't read it for a long time but if you like Pelz' research and his explanations of why and not worry too much about his teachings then it is a good book.

Personally I think Pelz is an excellent researcher and he has dispelled a lot of myths and replaced them with facts. As far as then being a teacher and telling you how you should do it I'm not such a big fan.

razaar
6th February 2011, 12:09 AM
I am not sure if Petz teaches the distance wedges as outlined in his book. I seem to recall one of the pros at BGC who attended one of his schools in the US mentioning that the Pelz instutute was advocating rotational body speed rather than the clock method for distance wedges. I know Mickelson employs the rotational speed technique with his wedges and he is a Peltz disciple. Personally I found the book a good read and very informative, but you have to spend countless hours practicing to reap the benefits - like everything else in golf swing.

Ferrins
6th February 2011, 08:27 AM
Got one for my birthday, from my girlfriend.:razz:

TheNuclearOne
9th February 2011, 09:25 AM
It's one of those books with enough in it to make it well worth having in your golf library, even if you don't take home every point and suggestion.

virge666
9th February 2011, 09:45 AM
It's one of those books with enough in it to make it well worth having in your golf library, even if you don't take home every point and suggestion.

Agreed - his Putting Bible was better though... even if you didn't do straight back and through.

petethepilot
10th February 2011, 12:02 PM
Pelz brings an analytical approach to stuff. He does self promote a lot though. A good book not a great book. Get 'Ray Floyd - from 60 yards in!' much better IMHO.

Ferrins
10th February 2011, 12:19 PM
Pelz brings an analytical approach to stuff. He does self promote a lot though. A good book not a great book. Get 'Ray Floyd - from 60 yards in!' much better IMHO.

Got that book Pete, and it is good.