PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NSW Matchplay Draw

Coffs_Hacker
5th February 2011, 01:11 PM
Ok enough jerking around.

I've done a draw going by the EOI thread. Its not random as I have tried to match players with their locations and when they can play to make it a little easier.

If you want to pull out let me know or alternatively if you wast to join in then put your hand up. There are still 2 spots free. ATM there are no cut off dates but if it is getting to long I will make a judgment.

Once games r donesky then Pm me and I'll update the draw .

http://www.lavishcakes.com/Golf/2011%20Matchplay.jpg

Grunt
5th February 2011, 01:56 PM
Why the F^&* did I get Pup? I am closer to Andrew!

WBennett
5th February 2011, 01:59 PM
I'm sure they both love you Grunt....

Coffs_Hacker
5th February 2011, 02:25 PM
Cause no one else wanted to play with him :)

Par was the last person I put into a match, it was either grunt, sydneyH or live4.
SydH is weekday only, not sure if live4 will play or not, so left u with an easy match

Grunt
5th February 2011, 02:33 PM
Well as I am back on Shift I am mainly weekday now. Sundays are kayaking and the chance of me getting a game on Saturday are pretty low.

Scottt
7th February 2011, 12:38 PM
Rod Morri - where does he play his golf?

KristianJ
7th February 2011, 06:12 PM

I believe he's around the Peats Ridge/Mangrove Mountain area based on a couple of posts of his I remember reading.

PG, I note from the other thread that you're only available every 2nd Wednesday and Sundays. I'm available every other Sunday starting from the 20th if that is a helpful start in organising our match to be played (not Wednesdays though).

PerryGroves
7th February 2011, 06:25 PM
PG, I note from the other thread that you're only available every 2nd Wednesday and Sundays. I'm available every other Sunday starting from the 20th if that is a helpful start in organising our match to be played (not Wednesdays though).

KristianJ, been meaning to have a hit with a few mates at Penrith (members), if I can organise a Sunday, we can play in the comp. The old Commodore has no air con so there is naff all chance of me heading out there if the mercury is above 35 on the coast. PM me if it works and you have a time preference.

And thanks Coffs. Given it's not random, Virge does live 1km from my place if a reshuffle is on.

live4golf
7th February 2011, 07:32 PM
I won my match...it was a tight tussle but I strung a few good holes together to come our on top 2/1. I'd like the thank the academy, my supporters and Oprah's long lost half-sister

KristianJ
7th February 2011, 09:34 PM
KristianJ, been meaning to have a hit with a few mates at Penrith (members), if I can organise a Sunday, we can play in the comp. The old Commodore has no air con so there is naff all chance of me heading out there if the mercury is above 35 on the coast. PM me if it works and you have a time preference.

And thanks Coffs. Given it's not random, Virge does live 1km from my place if a reshuffle is on.

Any time early to mid morning will suit me just fine. :)

Rod Morri
8th February 2011, 06:13 PM

Scott, Mangrove Mountain is indeed the home track. Am open to most weekdays and most weekends and am also down Sydney way quite often. I'll send a PM and we can work on organising a time and date that works all round.

Coffs_Hacker
12th February 2011, 07:40 AM
Looks like I got a couple of locations wrong -- ooops

See how this pans out before a Change

jimandr
13th February 2011, 07:52 PM
mmm, it seems I picked a bad week to have a week away from the computer and be out of contact. A few things have progressed while I spent a week on holiday in Merimbula.

I also picked a bad time to develop a back muscle strain while experimenting with a longer backswing.

While I'd like to be in the matchplay, I probably won't be able to play for at least two weeks. So, if I can still be included, please keep this in mind.

Regarding availability, I'm better off as a weekend player, but I'll spend an RDO to have a weekday game if I have enough notice in advance.

matty
14th February 2011, 08:17 PM
Coffs, Can you still slot me into the draw if Live4 or SH still need an opponent, or anyone else for that matter?

live4golf
14th February 2011, 08:20 PM
I'm on the Central Coast if that's near you Matty...

KristianJ
14th February 2011, 09:50 PM
Matty's in Glenmore Park, PJ.

That said, maybe if there is a need for some rejigging, I can play against Matty since we're pretty much in the same area of Sydney and PG being in the northern beaches could be easier for PJ...

Sydney Hacker
15th February 2011, 06:06 AM
I am on the north side also so if we are going to re gig it I am happy to play against any of the central coast boys.

Coffs_Hacker
17th February 2011, 09:26 PM
Ok guys - sorry for the stuff up

I've made some changes to the draw, added matty and jim, reasoning as follows

Rod vs live (both live up in woop woop)
Jim vs Matty (both out near camden/west way)
PG vs Kris ( left as is since a date is set)

hopeing scott, dotty, virge and SH are closeish to each other.

Feel free to point out something I have missed. Goes to show I don't play enough OGolf days to work out where everyone is.

Scottt
17th February 2011, 11:19 PM
Coffs, thanks for the hard work organising this.

All: SH is on the north shore, isn't he?

Grunt
18th February 2011, 07:31 AM
Yes he is Scottt.

So Pup when are you actually going to post here?
Midweek rounds are just about my only free time at the moment.

Sydney Hacker
18th February 2011, 08:56 AM
Coffs, thanks for the hard work organising this.

All: SH is on the north shore, isn't he?

Scott,

I am on the Nth Shore, but get around most of the city for work on a regular basis. You are based out blacktown way aren't you ?

What are your chances of a early morning hit on a Friday before work ?

Peppas
9th March 2011, 01:19 PM
The draw is a year old :)

Scottt
9th March 2011, 02:29 PM
Scott,

I am on the Nth Shore, but get around most of the city for work on a regular basis. You are based out blacktown way aren't you ?

What are your chances of a early morning hit on a Friday before work ?

Fridays are no good, sorry. Early on a Tuesday or Wednesday is my best bet mid-week.

I work in B'town and live in Cronulla, so most of the city is doable.

Sydney Hacker
9th March 2011, 09:13 PM
Tuesday and wednesday mornings I have to drop the kids off, so early is out on those days. It might be best to line something up central on a weekend, I am tied up until after April though with pennant and holidays.

Scottt
9th March 2011, 09:15 PM
No worries. Give me a shout when you're ready. Happy to sort it on a weekend and happy to travel.

Sydney Hacker
9th March 2011, 09:20 PM
You still have family around Nelson Bay ? We could have a hit up there somewhere one weekend you are visiting ?

KristianJ
14th March 2011, 05:35 PM
Guys, any sort of consensus as to when we'll want to get these 1st round games done?

PG and I have been corresponding re. our match (which was going to be this Sunday), and he won't be able to make it then due to him having just moved house and having a busy week ahead.

Whilst he's offered to concede the match to me, I'd much rather look for a day in a few weeks once he's a little more settled if possible. But I want to make sure we don't leave it too late.

Scottt
15th March 2011, 09:59 AM
You still have family around Nelson Bay ? We could have a hit up there somewhere one weekend you are visiting ?

Yeah, my grandparents are up there. Could work. What sort of dates do you have in mind?

Dotty
14th April 2011, 10:05 PM
fyi. Virge and I have scheduled our match for early May. (Back on track after pennants, green coring and public holidays.)

Grunt
26th April 2011, 07:32 AM
Well as Pup has forfeited/conceded does anyone here have a problem with Peppas and I not holding our next round match until early July?
If it is a problem I will concede now so to let the competition move forward.

Sydney Hacker
26th April 2011, 08:35 AM
There is 5 months of the year left after July, plenty of time to get it done afterwards.

I will contact Scott when I return from sunny qld to organize our match.

Sydney Hacker
27th April 2011, 05:35 AM
Scottt, you interested in heading up to Magenta on a Sunday morning to play this ?

Dotty
6th May 2011, 02:04 PM
Home course, five shots head start and two birdies. And I still couldn't stop the cream rising to the top.

Virge won 3 and 2.

It was great to finally catch up, have a chat and see some fine shotmaking. With the advice given after the game, one of us will bring that OzGolf champs trophy back to Sydney in October.

Cheers and best wishes for the next round.

virge666
6th May 2011, 09:31 PM
Can't tell you how much I enjoyed Pennant Hills.

The company, the course and the weather were all sensational. And I thought we both played pretty well.

Cheers

Scottt
7th May 2011, 09:13 PM
Was he doing the "invisible bluetooth" bit as he stood over the ball? :lol:

virge666
9th May 2011, 04:05 PM
Was he doing the "invisible bluetooth" bit as he stood over the ball? :lol:

You will get yours buddy - I am off 5 and flushing it - with and without bluetooth.

:)

Scottt
14th May 2011, 08:27 PM
I can arrange a Tuesday or Wednesday off in a coming week. Perhaps we could get something sorted for a midweek hit?

If tee times worked out I'd be happy to play early somewhere and late somewhere else - maybe on a Wednesday could do early at Cumberland and late at Cabra?

Grunt
30th August 2011, 12:01 PM
So who out of Sydney Hacker and Virge gets to play Peppas. Both will have to give over 20 shots!!

Peppas
30th August 2011, 12:37 PM
So who out of Sydney Hacker and Virge gets to play Peppas. Both will have to give over 20 shots!!

Haha... I'd feel bad about it if I wasn't such a crap golfer :)

virge666
30th August 2011, 01:53 PM
Where is Sydney Hacker based ?

Grunt
30th August 2011, 01:58 PM
Hornsby area I think.

Sydney Hacker
30th August 2011, 02:00 PM
Aren't I supposed to play Scottt? To be honest this thing has not even crossed my mind and I am not sure when I will get the chance to have a hit, unfortunately I have a lot of work travel over the upcoming months so that will greatly restrict my chances of getting out for a game.

Grunt
30th August 2011, 02:07 PM
Aren't I supposed to play Scottt? To be honest this thing has not even crossed my mind and I am not sure when I will get the chance to have a hit, unfortunately I have a lot of work travel over the upcoming months so that will greatly restrict my chances of getting out for a game.

yeah I forgot, Virge is waiting to play the winner of yourself and Scottt.

Sydney Hacker
30th August 2011, 02:09 PM
To be fair to everyone Scottt can have the match. I will be all over the place for the next couple of months so won't get a chance to play.

Peppas
30th August 2011, 02:20 PM
Do I play the winner of Virge/Scott/Sydney Hacker or am I up against Rod Morri/Terrys/Andrew? I'm confused...

Dotty
30th August 2011, 02:49 PM
Do I play the winner of Virge/Scott/Sydney Hacker or am I up against Rod Morri/Terrys/Andrew? I'm confused...
I read the draw as ... GF is 'left half SF winner' vs 'right half SF winner'.

In this case, you play the winner of RodM and TerryS. (Cricket has taken it's toll on Andrew's knees, and he is on a golf sabbatical.)

Grunt
30th August 2011, 03:41 PM
Oh I took it as top half and bottom half, my mistake.

Peppas
30th August 2011, 04:10 PM

In this case, you play the winner of RodM and TerryS. (Cricket has taken it's toll on Andrew's knees, and he is on a golf sabbatical.)

Awesome I witnessed Rod Morri's first round win at the Springs.

Rod Morri
4th September 2011, 04:02 AM

Is it confirmed Andrew is definitely not a starter? If so, I will get in touch with TerryS and start trying to organise the next round.

live4golf
4th September 2011, 04:25 AM
Awesome I witnessed Rod Morri's first round win at the Springs.

Me too.

KristianJ
7th September 2011, 08:35 AM
Matt, unfortunately PG's had to forfeit. Shall we start sorting a day out?

Andrew
11th September 2011, 07:18 AM
I'm getting back into golf soon & told Rod I would make an attempt to organise a game with Terry S, but as I have thought about it more, I am best to take it slow so I don't stuff up my knee again like I did in January,

It is probably best if I forfeit my game with Terry S & let Rod play him in the next round.

Grunt
11th September 2011, 07:22 AM
Will be good to see you on course again Andrew.

Rod Morri
29th September 2011, 05:24 PM
Played Port Kembla with Terry S today and got rolled 2 up. Great day out, will leave the details to Terry. Armageddon was predicted but thankfully never arrived. Thanks for the game Terry, well played and good luck in the next round.

Peppas
29th September 2011, 05:29 PM
Played Port Kembla with Terry S today and got rolled 2 up. Great day out, will leave the details to Terry. Armageddon was predicted but thankfully never arrived. Thanks for the game Terry, well played and good luck in the next round.

Bad luck Rod, congrats Terry. Port Kembla is in good nick right now hey...

Rod Morri
29th September 2011, 05:33 PM
Great nick Peppas. Greens were pure. Hadn't played there for15 years and really enjoyed it.

live4golf
29th September 2011, 05:50 PM

Geez, you were my favourite. Guess Terry is now :)

terrys
2nd October 2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the game, Rod. We had a great day. Missed all the ugly weather that was up in Sydney.

It took me a while to get going. I having been playing much lately.

We squared the first two holes, then Rod won 3 and 4 to go 2up. We both birdied the par 5 5th to square, then also squared 6 and 7 before I finally won a hole on 8 to get it back to 1 down. Rod won 9 to go to the turn 2 up.

Rod won 10 to go 3 up, then i went on a little run to win 11 and 12 to get to 1 down, we squared 13, then I hit it to 2 feet to birdie 14 and get back to square. I won 15 to get up for the first time in the match then Rod came straight back and won 16 to tie it up.

I then won 17 after Rod got an unplayable lie off the tee, his ball sitting 18 inches off the ground in a bush. I then made par on 18 to close it out.

It was an enjoyable day. Rod's mate Thommo who came along and played copped a bucketing all day from Rod which kept me amused. I've never played Port Kembla before and I was quite impressed with the layout.

Peppas
2nd October 2011, 05:15 PM
I remember Thommo, good bloke, does cop it a bit from Rod though hey! Seems to take it well and has a laugh though :)

I think we are against each other next terrys so I guess we can work something out in the next month or so?

terrys
2nd October 2011, 08:41 PM
Might need to get it happening in the next few weeks, Peppas, as I'll be travelling for work most of November.

drop me a PM and we'll work out something.

Peppas
3rd October 2011, 01:58 PM
Might need to get it happening in the next few weeks, Peppas, as I'll be travelling for work most of November.

drop me a PM and we'll work out something.

No worries, will do now.

AndyP
10th October 2011, 11:41 AM
Is there a results list somewhere? The draw in the header post has not been updated.

Peppas
12th October 2011, 04:50 PM
Right side of the draw we are upto semis, myself vs Terrys. Not sure about the other side of the draw.

I'm still waiting on Terrys to get back to me to arrange a time and place...

KristianJ
12th October 2011, 04:54 PM
Left side of draw is Scottt v Virge and matty v myself (we'll discuss options some time over the Champs weekend...was hoping that we might be able to play it tomorrow but I don't think either of us want to risk a handicap drop prior to Champs...)

Peppas
15th November 2011, 11:14 AM
Right side of the draw we are upto semis, myself vs Terrys. Not sure about the other side of the draw.

I'm still waiting on Terrys to get back to me to arrange a time and place...

I still haven't heard back from Terrys...

Peppas
7th December 2011, 08:23 AM
Guessing this is over for the year!? :)

Grunt
7th December 2011, 08:25 AM
I think it died a few months back Peppas. Hard to get NSW OzGolfers to play away from their home tracks. I think the only way is to have set rounds laid out through the year and the matches are played then. ie. have a series of rounds sorted out with venues and if people want to play in it then they commit to playing. May even be better if we had an entry fee.

Peppas
7th December 2011, 08:42 AM
I think it died a few months back Peppas. Hard to get NSW OzGolfers to play away from their home tracks. I think the only way is to have set rounds laid out through the year and the matches are played then. ie. have a series of rounds sorted out with venues and if people want to play in it then they commit to playing. May even be better if we had an entry fee.

Awww... but its fun meeting other Ozgolfers.

Terrys hasn't been on since the 2nd of Oct.

We should have a NSW Ozgolf day sometime, there is a fair few of us scattered around...

Jono
7th December 2011, 08:58 AM
I think Ozgolf day at Shell Cove is in order. The course is in great nick and is much more playable than it was some 5-6 years ago when a bunch of us went down.

Peppas
7th December 2011, 09:26 AM
I think Ozgolf day at Shell Cove is in order. The course is in great nick and is much more playable than it was some 5-6 years ago when a bunch of us went down.

I can organise that if you guys want. No problem at all...

Peppas
31st December 2011, 03:54 PM
This wouldn't be the same Terrys I was meant to play?

http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/35-the-lounge/topics/49842-spare-a-thought

KristianJ
31st December 2011, 04:26 PM
This wouldn't be the same Terrys I was meant to play?

http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/35-the-lounge/topics/49842-spare-a-thought

I'm pretty sure it is - I played in a group with him on one of those ISG days a year or 2 back. Sad news. :(

Dotty
18th January 2012, 05:08 AM
Now that Scottt's back online... Bump.

Dotty
15th April 2012, 08:27 AM
Have I won this yet?

Peppas
15th April 2012, 08:40 AM
Nup. I was meant to play Terrys, who hasn't been on here since Oct last year...

Peppas
15th April 2012, 08:48 AM
Nup. I was meant to play Terrys, who hasn't been on here since Oct last year...