PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane - Sunday 12th June ??

BrisVegas
11th June 2005, 03:22 PM
I can't make it to Beerwah tomorrow, but was thinking of a hit locally at Gailes/Oxley etc..

Anyone else wanna hit? Preferably afternoon (so I have time to book a game).

Cheers,
Dion

Keza_G
11th June 2005, 05:16 PM
Long Drive @ Redland Bay is on sorry Dion..... otherwise I would...

Cheers

Keza

senecio
12th June 2005, 08:03 AM
Dion,

I'd love to have a hit this afternoon. I'll PM you my contact details and if you get a tee time let me know.

Cheers

Ryan

BrisVegas
12th June 2005, 09:08 AM
12:23 - Gailes, Single Stab. $16.50

1. BrisVegas
2. Senecio

See you there Ryan!

BrisVegas
12th June 2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the game Ryan. Although we both had (very) ordinary scores, it was still better to be playing than hanging around the house. You hit some great drives as usual and your putting was solid for most of the round. Gailes greens were very slick, but everywhere else was pretty crappy. They could use some rain...

Highlight for me was making an eagle 2 on the 4th hole. The back nine was pretty ordinary.

BrisVegas - 28 points
Senecio - 24 points

Jarro
12th June 2005, 07:27 PM
Highlight for me was making an eagle 2 on the 4th hole.

well come on mate, tell us how it all came about :?:

did you drive the green and then sink the putt :?

BrisVegas
12th June 2005, 08:27 PM
did you drive the green and then sink the putt  :?

yep. :)

Ít's only a tiddler of a par 4. 230-ish metres. :roll: flew it there with 3 wood.

To save you from asking, here's the blow-by-blow for the rest of the round.... :P

1. Driver, 5 wood, 2-putt... birdie
2. Pull-hook Driver OOB, Driver, 5 wood, chunk, chunk... wipe
3. Pull hook 6-iron, chunk, chunk, 3-putt... wipe
4. 3-wood on the green, made a 15 footer... eagle
5. Driver, wedge, 2-putt... par
6. 6 iron, 3-putt... bogey
7. Pull-hook Driver, unplayable, miracle recovery, chunk... double
8. Block driver, flub recovery, wedge over the back, u&d... bogey
9. greenside in two, missed the birdie putt... par

10. plugged under lip of greenside bunker, 3-putt... double
11. 3 iron for safety :roll: flubbed approach into trees, hit best wedge of my life over the back, 3-putt... wipe
12. missed green & 3-putt... wipe
13. split fairway, then pull-hooked wedge, chipped across green, 3-putt... double
14. wedge to 6 feet, missed birdie... par
15. pull-hooked drive into hazard. chip-out, shank, chip again, 2-putts... double
16. pull-hooked drive, flub SW attempt at up and over trees, chip properly to 5 feet... par
17. drove pin high in trap, miss 10-footer for birdie... par
18. pull-hooked drive, but hit a cracker of a 3iron to pin-high, solid bunker shot to 10 feet, missed birdie... par

Hadn't realised how many pull-hook misses and flubs I hit until going back through the round. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah... bring on Nudgee. I'm on fire!!!! :D :D

AndyP
12th June 2005, 08:50 PM
2. Pull-hook Driver OOB, Driver, 5 wood, chunk, chunk... wipe I didn't even know there was OOB on the 2nd. :shock:

Wouldn't mind hearing senecio's blow-by-blow account, just for comparison. ;)

Congrats on the win, Vegas. :?

BrisVegas
12th June 2005, 09:07 PM
2. Pull-hook Driver OOB, Driver, 5 wood, chunk, chunk... wipe I didn't even know there was OOB on the 2nd.  :shock:

I assumed it was OOB as soon as I hit it and declared a provisional.  The guy we played with said it wouldn't have made it OOB, but we never did find it.  Does it matter whether you're playing a provisional for a lost ball or an OOB ball???  It's still playing 3 off the tee, right?  Who cares....  it was a wash....