PDA

View Full Version : Golflinks

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 05:40 PM
Howdy punters 8)

just wondered what everyone thought about this idea of mine :?

what if everyone was to put their Golflinks number in their signature :?:

Would this be a gross invasion of people's privacy :?: or would it help let everyone check out each others progress with their handicap :?:

i personally have no problem puting my number in my signature so you guys can chart my progress towards single-figures 8)

Do you think the idea has any merit :smt017

senecio
2nd June 2004, 05:47 PM
I have nothing to hide Jarro

Ryan

terryand
2nd June 2004, 05:54 PM
No no I don't want you guys to know that I'm really a 11 handicapper :oops:

Terry.

Onewood
2nd June 2004, 06:36 PM
Howdy punters 8)

just wondered what everyone thought about this idea of mine :?

what if everyone was to put their Golflinks number in their signature :?:

Would this be a gross invasion of people's privacy :?: or would it help let everyone check out each others progress with their handicap :?:

i personally have no problem puting my number in my signature so you guys can chart my progress towards single-figures 8)

Do you think the idea has any merit :smt017

Jarro,
I tryed to get this started on another site once and found out I was amongst a lot of pussy's :D Everybody knows where we play and your golf link number will show that and that alone 8) It does'nt even mention your real name. So I have no problem's :D and that's what that little red number is in my sig. :wink:

jaster
2nd June 2004, 07:12 PM
Just about to update my profile....great idea!! 8)

990B Luva
2nd June 2004, 07:21 PM
i have mine in there

Onewood
2nd June 2004, 07:30 PM
Great scoring, you in some rare form 8)

What happened on the 8/5/2004 played to 9 :cry:

Onewood
2nd June 2004, 07:35 PM
i have mine in there

Brett, you need to get some practice in buddy, your heading in the wrong direction :D but hang in there it will turn around in a big way 8)

jaster
2nd June 2004, 07:41 PM
Great scoring, you in some rare form 8)

What happened on the 8/5/2004 played to 9 :cry:

That was the 2nd day of the Proam at Middle ridge. I played with AndyP for the first time and I think he made me nervous ;)....seriously though it's was just one of those rounds, started off missing a few putts and it got worse from there :( :roll:

Golfgirl
2nd June 2004, 08:06 PM
This club is yet to get onto Golflink... so you'll just have to take my word for it that I am a genuine 27 handicapper.... :lol:

(Even if I did go Driver, five wood, gap wedge to a par 5 today.... :wink: )

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 08:17 PM
Jarro,
I tryed to get this started on another site once and found out I was amongst a lot of pussy's

wondered where i got the idea from :wink: :lol:

now my dirty laundry is hanging out there for all to see :oops:

jaster
2nd June 2004, 08:33 PM
Someone had a good round today so they are wanting to show off aren't they??? :wink:

2/06/2004 Caboolture GC Stroke 71 70 69 80 67 13 11 12.6 12.1 OK

Great work ya big show off :P

Onewood
2nd June 2004, 10:09 PM
Jarro,
I tryed to get this started on another site once and found out I was amongst a lot of pussy's

wondered where i got the idea from :wink: :lol:

now my dirty laundry is hanging out there for all to see :oops:

Hey you havent even played to single figure yet :lol: :lol:

This is fun :wink: :lol: :lol:

jaster
2nd June 2004, 10:18 PM
I see jarro is yet to break 80...hmmm...a Seventies virgin 8) :P

Onewood
2nd June 2004, 10:21 PM

:lol: :lol: Who started this thread :wink: he's only a pup yet :lol: :lol:

markTHEblake
2nd June 2004, 10:25 PM
Its a good idea, nothing more embarrasing than 'educating' someone online and then finding out he knows a hellava lot more than you - true story - Doug Kercher :-)

McMw
2nd June 2004, 10:44 PM
I don't see any need to for me...
my RP hcp is not what I'm playing to...

then again, I might not even have a proper hcp at RP coz it's prob lapsed by now... :?

markTHEblake
2nd June 2004, 11:01 PM
Now someone with some skills in HTML AndyLo could modify the PHP scripts to include a Button called Handicap underneath the messages and we just click on it and voila.

Shouldnt be too hard for a genius like AndyLo, all you have to do is change the Button from WWW to HCAP and then we put the URL to our Golf link record in our profile - simple.

Cmon Andy do something constructive for a change instead of yappin' about golf :-)

Jarro
3rd June 2004, 06:08 AM

i have beaten 80 a few times, just not while i've had an official handicap :roll: :lol:

jaster
3rd June 2004, 06:29 AM

i have beaten 80 a few times, just not while i've had an official handicap :roll: :lol:
The pressure is on...hope you do it next game mate 8)

AndyP
3rd June 2004, 07:39 AM
That was the 2nd day of the Proam at Middle ridge. I played with AndyP for the first time and I think he made me nervous ....
I didn't think I was standing behind you that much. :wink: :smt047 :smt007

I see jarro is yet to break 80...hmmm...a Seventies virgin
But hasn't everyone. :P
jarro, Nambour is par 68, you could be a chance there. :wink:

I'll add my golflink number too. :D :wink:

Courty
3rd June 2004, 07:49 AM
Nothing to shout about, in fact, some of the blowouts are downright embarrassing, but here it is: 4060300899 I will update my profile as well.

I must point out, though, that I have several sub-80 rounds in there. :wink:

AndyP
3rd June 2004, 08:16 AM
Bunch of pretty ordinary golfers really. :P

It is interesting to see where everyone plays their rounds too.

drunken
3rd June 2004, 08:22 AM
i was going to say you could just make it a link in your signature, but I see that andy & courty have beat me to it 8)

Courty
3rd June 2004, 10:18 AM

I noticed that our scores from Half Moon Bay still haven't been uploaded :? :evil:

AndyP
3rd June 2004, 10:30 AM

I noticed that our scores from Half Moon Bay still haven't been uploaded :? :evil:

Don't you hate that? Gailes does that on their Sunday comps. Vegas is a bit dirty on them for that.

Eag's
3rd June 2004, 11:10 AM
Once I get my number I will link it in my tag line :)

990B Luva
3rd June 2004, 11:58 AM
Damn AndyP you giving Jaster a run for his money, according to your golflinks you are off 4.6

markTHEblake
3rd June 2004, 01:57 PM
Damn AndyP you giving Jaster a run for his money, according to your golflinks you are off 4.6

Ozgolf's first recorded case of handicap cheating!!

drunken
3rd June 2004, 04:10 PM
so andy whos number is that then???? :roll:

Jarro
3rd June 2004, 07:00 PM
yeah AndyP, who's scores are you stealing :? :lol:

jaster
3rd June 2004, 10:21 PM
LOL :roll: That's almost a banning offence...hmmm 1 week or 1 month [-X :-k

Jarro
4th June 2004, 01:00 PM
so can someone tell me how i can create a link in my signature that goes straight to my Golflinks page :?:

be gentle please .... i'm a computer dummy :smt024 :smt017 #-o

Courty
4th June 2004, 01:12 PM
so can someone tell me how i can create a link in my signature that goes straight to my Golflinks page :?:

jarro, here is the code I used:

(url=http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4060300899)Courty 's Handicap(/url)

Just replace my number with yours, and replace the round brackets with square ones.

Jarro
4th June 2004, 01:21 PM

jarro, here is the code I used:

(url=http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4060300899)Courty 's Handicap(/url)

Just replace my number with yours, and replace the round brackets with square ones.

thanks champion :D

Onewood
4th June 2004, 04:52 PM

be gentle please .... i'm a computer dummy :smt024 :smt017 #-o

I just come in to asked the same thing :D thanks for the heads up :wink:

AndyP
4th June 2004, 08:46 PM

Fine. I'll change it. You caught me out. :lol:
It was just my little experiment to see who was actually checking our golflink pages. :wink:

LOL That's almost a banning offence...hmmm 1 week or 1 month

What, and risk losing my valuable contribution to this website? I don't think so. :P
There's always that "other" forum site I could go to. :roll:

jaster
4th June 2004, 09:04 PM

Fine. I'll change it. You caught me out. :lol:
It was just my little experiment to see who was actually checking our golflink pages. :wink:

LOL That's almost a banning offence...hmmm 1 week or 1 month

What, and risk losing my valuable contribution to this website? I don't think so. :P
There's always that "other" forum site I could go to. :roll:

Hmmm....could be a way to get rid of andyp...hmmmm

990B Luva
4th June 2004, 09:20 PM
then we can get McMw to kick him off there for a while :-k

AndyP
4th June 2004, 09:36 PM
Do you have the numbers to support this banning? Or do you want to risk a revolt? :smt028

Onewood
4th June 2004, 10:06 PM
Do you have the numbers to support this banning? Or do you want to risk a revolt? :smt028

Good to see the right numbers up now 8) :D

Now back to the rib digging :P AP do you realise you have played to a single figure handicap 8) Jarro is still looking for this feeling :wink:

Jarro
4th June 2004, 10:13 PM
Now back to the rib digging :P AP do you realise you have played to a single figure handicap 8) Jarro is still looking for this feeling :wink:

alright alright :roll: :evil:

Onewood
5th June 2004, 05:35 PM
6.30 Sat night and today's round is updated 8) how good are they at Logan :D

:cry: 7.3 come's up a bit quick that all :D

Onewood
5th June 2004, 05:52 PM
Eags, well done, down to 16 already :shock: :shock: Not a real shock for some :D

AndyP
5th June 2004, 09:33 PM

Good to see the right numbers up now 8) :D

I'm not about to start bragging with my last round being 99. :oops:

BrisVegas
7th June 2004, 03:45 PM
The link to mine is now in my sig. Yes, yes, I know I have been hacking it around lately. Scores are there from July 2002, when I moved back.

I also put up a link to my scores from the courses I played while I lived in the states (1998-2002). I was playing a lot more regularly then, hence the better scoring... :cry:

BrisVegas
7th June 2004, 04:02 PM
No excuses here mate. The scores are there for all to see. That was the point of putting golflink info in sigs right??? :roll: :roll: If anyone wants to look, they will see I have played good golf in the past and I'm blowing out at the moment. No big dramas, just the facts.

Fishman Dan
7th June 2004, 04:07 PM
Actually the reason i did it was because i can never remember my GL number. At least now i can get there in a single click...

Eag's
7th June 2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks Kev :wink: hitting it alright at the moment.
golfer69- it will come to a grinding halt as I get nearer to single figures :(

Fishman Dan
7th June 2004, 06:32 PM

Yeah, that's what i thought too... :roll:

:lol: :lol:

markTHEblake
7th June 2004, 09:34 PM
I also put up a link to my scores from the courses I played while I lived in the states (1998-2002).

That Yahoo stats thing looks interesting, you can record all of the common stats there. Did you try any of that or did you just use the scores?

Onewood
7th June 2004, 10:08 PM

Yeah, that's what i thought too... :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Fishman, are you sure you want to take the QLDers on :D on a par 72 course :D it's a bit bigger than those pitch and putt courses you've been playing :roll: :oops: par 65 come on :oops: :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
7th June 2004, 10:59 PM
Put it this way - can't be any different to any other weekend of golf for me recently, embarrasing myself in front of strangers. I've been there before, I think it's you lot who will be on foreign territory come the 12th hole and your unable to play to your 'Par 72' handicaps.

It's the 4800th metre through to the 6000th where the game is to be won. It's just that I've not had the chance to use it since being up there last.

I'd better bring my ball scoop though.

BrisVegas
8th June 2004, 07:19 AM
I also put up a link to my scores from the courses I played while I lived in the states (1998-2002).

That Yahoo stats thing looks interesting, you can record all of the common stats there. Did you try any of that or did you just use the scores?

I was just using it to keep track of the different courses I played and scores. I wish I had been more diligent with tracking Fairways, GIR, putts and sand saves etc. It would be very useful information over time.

Golfgirl
8th June 2004, 08:24 AM

What sort of ball scoop are you using at the moment Fishy ?
I was using an expandable 9 foot, triple claw, with a stiff aluminium shaft with low torque. But I wasn't happy with the results...was looking for extra distance. I believe TM are about to bring out a new model The R7 Retriever....it has a longer, more forgiving shaft and you can adjust some setting in the handle to assist getting out of either rocks or weed.
I have another 4 lying around the garage and might even bring them to the Tweed retriever demo day on the weekend.

Also, you know your really playing badly when you have to re-grip the ball retriever. :oops:

:lol: :lol: You closet equipment 'ho..... 8) :lol: :wink:

Fishman Dan
8th June 2004, 08:36 AM

I was using an expandable 9 foot, triple claw, with a stiff aluminium shaft with low torque. But I wasn't happy with the results...was looking for extra distance. I believe TM are about to bring out a new model The R7 Retriever....it has a longer, more forgiving shaft and you can adjust some setting in the handle to assist getting out of either rocks or weed.
I have another 4 lying around the garage and might even bring them to the Tweed retriever demo day on the weekend.

Also, you know your really playing badly when you have to re-grip the ball retriever. :oops:

I found that i need to change to a retriever with a high kick-point - you know how sometimes you get the ball back over terra-firma and you drop the ball onto the ground, and it rolls back in? I recently upgraded to a ProLine with gold aluminium, but the more conventional bucket-scoop finish, i get better results with it. I couldn't really handle the 9', so i've stuck with an 8' 3-piece. I also got the ProLine Tour Plastic grip (in Tour Black - i think the one Sergio's caddy uses) - i can now recover balls from just about any dam on the course.

Onewood
8th June 2004, 02:29 PM

G69, :D I think the shaft you have both hands on, is doing the job quiet nicely after that rave :lol: :lol:

BrisVegas
8th June 2004, 02:32 PM

G69, :D I think the shaft you have both hands on, is doing the job quiet nicely after that rave :lol: :lol:

G69, Do you use Interlocking, Vardon or Baseball grip when you are holding onto your shaft??

P.S. I would have guessed double-overlap.... :wink:

Jarro
8th June 2004, 03:41 PM
you been workin' too hard golfer69, time for a holiday :roll:

Jarro
12th June 2004, 02:19 PM
i see some of you folks still don't have your Golflink stats up ...... :?

come on, don't be shy :roll: :lol:

AndyP
12th June 2004, 07:14 PM

Didn't Jaster have his up, and now it has disappeared? :?

jaster
12th June 2004, 07:39 PM

Didn't Jaster have his up, and now it has disappeared? :?

Yup, ohhh...twilight...zooonneee :shock:

Golfgirl
13th June 2004, 10:22 AM
I was always told, from a young age, to grip it like you would grip a budgie. Not tight enough to crush the bugger to death, and not too loose to let him break free.
Oh, and the V's should point towards the chin.

Now if you want any advice on club grip, I will gladly help you out there too. :roll:

Thanks for the advice, :shock: I think..... :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol:

drunken
13th June 2004, 01:42 PM
yes jaster where is it mate?? :evil:

jaster
13th June 2004, 04:33 PM

After last weekends sore neck/shoulder round it is not fit for human consumption :x

drunken
13th June 2004, 05:05 PM
neither is mine, but my link is still there 8)

Onewood
13th June 2004, 05:08 PM
Sorry Jaster, but as a director of ozgolf you must leave it up for all to see 8)

I don't make the rules I just remember them :wink: :D

Jarro
13th June 2004, 05:55 PM

After last weekends sore neck/shoulder round it is not fit for human consumption :x

C'mon mate .......

... good with the bad...... remember :wink: :lol:

AndyP
13th June 2004, 07:08 PM
Scaredy-Cat.

My run of 90+s is there for everyone to see. :oops:

jaster
13th June 2004, 07:08 PM
Alright alright....I nearly didn't hand that card in though :roll: Couldn't swing the club for the last 6 holes....but I'm all better now :P

jaster
13th June 2004, 07:11 PM
Freaking embarrassing 85 :roll:

Onewood
13th June 2004, 07:22 PM

Your amongst friends here mate 8) we'll pick you up :D

jaster
13th June 2004, 07:24 PM
Thanks Kev :)...funny round as I was +6 after 14 holes and then finished Bogey, Triple Bogey, Double Bogey and then Double Bogey for +14 hehe :P

Jarro
13th June 2004, 07:25 PM

Your amongst friends here mate 8) we'll pick you up :D

.. or drag you down to our level :roll:

AndyP
13th June 2004, 07:28 PM
How did your h/cap go from 3.6 to 3.8? :?

jaster
13th June 2004, 07:34 PM
If you are under 4.4 then if you play 6 or more over your handicap then you go out .2 :( SUX I reckon :(

Onewood
13th June 2004, 07:53 PM
If you are under 4.4 then if you play 6 or more over your handicap then you go out .2 :( SUX I reckon :(

Even if you've had a bad day :cry: and don't hand your card in...you still go out .2 :roll:

jaster
13th June 2004, 07:56 PM
That's right Kev......this is why I have so much respect for our Club Champion...he is a +2 marker and has been as low as +3 but no worse than +1 for 4-5 years...SCARY STUFF :shock:

goughy
13th June 2004, 08:17 PM

Even if you've had a bad day :cry: and don't hand your card in...you still go out .2 :roll:

I think the .2 penalty can be applied to anyone who dosen't hand there card in. I know a few people who would stop after 9 holes to protect a hc. Personally I have no probs with docking someone for that.

But the .2 for low markers is pretty rough. Considering how hard it is to get to that point. I remember you saying that the pro's you played with said our system is tougher than others.

AndyP
13th June 2004, 09:04 PM
Just when I thought I had the handicap system figured out. :?
What would be the reason for introducing the .2 for <5 handicappers, and not everyone else?

jaster
13th June 2004, 09:06 PM
Just when I thought I had the handicap system figured out. :?
What would be the reason for introducing the .2 for <5 handicappers, and not everyone else?

I have NFI? Stupid I reckon :cry:

AndyP
13th June 2004, 09:17 PM
Jaster, only five bad cards for you to qualify for Southport though. :wink:

Seems like the .2 increase would encourage burgulars. :evil:

jaster
13th June 2004, 09:21 PM
Jaster, only five bad cards for you to qualify for Southport though. :wink:

Seems like the .2 increase would encourage burgulars. :evil:

Yeah but then I would probably lose my pennants place :( Sorry mate...not worth it intentionally :wink:

I agree that it encourages burgulars...Crazy :cry:

markTHEblake
13th June 2004, 09:22 PM

Two reasons.

1) up to several years ago (mid-late 90s) the lowest official AGU handicap administered by a club was 4. To be on a lower handicap it was managed by the State Golf Union and is a complex process of having to meet specific scoring criteria over a many courses (nothing like the system the rest of us play under). This system made it very difficult to reduce ones handicap unless they performed very well on many courses. This system now only applies to handicaps of Scratch and less. That is why you will see some golfers play off say +2 at home (club handicap), but when they go away they play off 1 (AGU Handicap)

2) as a result of the above, a few years ago there was a million low handicappers in the range 0-2, that could not play to it becuase they only handed in their good cards. So they implemented the .2 penalty, and golf link also helps apply the penalty. Before the change One of the Aust Ams had a handicap cuttoff of less than 1.0, maybe as low as low as .6. from memory this year the cutt off was around 3.

Thus this .2 method may seem harsh but in reality its a result of scaling back the previous system. It therefore shows that if a golfer is on less than 4 consistently you can be sure that he is a legend. Any hack can play off 4!

AndyP
13th June 2004, 09:30 PM
Any hack can play off 4!
That is, Jaster and yourself. Pretty hard to get to that 3 mark, is it?

So if they are scaling back the previous system, this means that they should stop the .2 increases at some stage. :?:

jaster
13th June 2004, 09:31 PM
Great points and background Blakey :) Watch who your calling a hack though..you hack :P :wink:

jaster
13th June 2004, 09:42 PM
Very good question andypoo....well blakey...how long does it scale for?

markTHEblake
13th June 2004, 10:14 PM
well blakey...how long does it scale for?

I have no idea what your asking. Have another beer...

jaster
13th June 2004, 10:18 PM
I am asking the same question that AndyP was asking....you said that the AGU were scaling back everyone's handicap's. ...where did I put my beer......... :wink:

markTHEblake
13th June 2004, 10:29 PM
So if they are scaling back the previous system, this means that they should stop the .2 increases at some stage. :?:

No, Sorry, that was used in a past tense context. I was referring to the changes from the previous system of Sub-4 handicaps being managed by the State Golf union, which has already occurred. Lets say it has been scaled rather than scaling.

(that should throw Jaster off the trail)

jaster
13th June 2004, 10:33 PM
What has that got to do with scaling a fish? I'm lost :wink: :roll: :P

Onewood
20th June 2004, 06:51 AM
CCR 72 yesterday so my 71 gets me back down to 7.1 8)

I see theres still a lot of golflink numbers missing :roll:

Onewood
4th July 2004, 06:56 PM
6.7 my lowest ever 8)

Look out Jaster and Tezza :lol: I'm on your tail :wink: :D

jaster
4th July 2004, 06:57 PM
Your nearly down to halfway ;) :P

terryand
4th July 2004, 07:02 PM
Way to go Kev :lol:

Terry.

Jarro
4th July 2004, 07:24 PM
nice work Onewood.

i saw your result in todays paper, not a bad effort mate:wink:

Eag's
4th July 2004, 07:38 PM
Nice shooting Kev :wink:
I am now off 14.5 after today :D

AndyP
5th July 2004, 01:14 PM
My h/cap continues to slide out 0.1 at a time. 14 here I come.

Jarro
5th July 2004, 01:20 PM

way to go mate ...

.. you burglar :wink: :lol:

jaster
5th July 2004, 04:38 PM

Sweet work Eag's...you burglar :P

Onewood
5th July 2004, 06:17 PM

Great stuff Eag's 8)

Gotta get a hit on this course of yours.....netts of 66,68 & 66 good stuff :D

Love this golf link area :P

AndyP
20th July 2004, 08:10 AM
Found the reason for my bad form. See if you can spot the turnaround. ;)

Date-------Course-----CCR-Score-H/cap b4--After
1/02/2004 Toowoomba GC 71 86 15.8 15.5
5/02/2004 Ipswich GC 71 91 15.5 15.6
3/03/2004 Nudgee GC 71 88 15.6 15.6
13/03/2004 Nambour GC 67 85 15.6 15.6
21/03/2004 Wynnum GC 68 83 15.6 15.3
3/04/2004 Nambour GC 67 80 15.3 14.7
10/04/2004 Nambour GC 68 90 14.7 14.8
17/04/2004 McLeod GC 71 79 14.8 12.7
27/04/2004 OzGolf.net starts
8/05/2004 Toowoomba GC 71 95 12.7 12.8
19/05/2004 Federal GC 73 99 12.8 12.9
11/06/2004 Yowani CC 71 93 12.9 13.0
4/07/2004 Gailes GC 73 96 13.0 13.1
10/07/2004 Narooma GC 73 98 13.1 13.2

AndyP
20th July 2004, 08:48 AM
Do any courses return visitors cards ?
I had doubts that the Brookwater cards would be sent in.
Gailes seem to have got their act together now.

As you can see from my records, plenty of clubs send a card back to my home club, or enter directly into GolfLink.

Which clubs didn't put them in, g69? Maybe next time you play at those clubs, you will need to grab a copy yourself. :?

AndyP
20th July 2004, 09:18 AM
Tweed and Brookwater recently.
Although Gailes and Pacific are the only ones that regulary send them back.
It seems odd that the best shot is to make a copy and submit it yourself from an Open day. I thought that what Golflink was supposed to fix.
So the only reason these clubs need our Golflink numbers, is to check up on us if we win a prize.

Good to see the avatar change. 8)

Jarro
20th July 2004, 01:57 PM
Good to see the avatar change. 8)

you reckon :P

by the way AndyP, don't go blaming the good people of Ozgolf.net for your terrible form of late :wink:

AndyP
20th July 2004, 01:59 PM
by the way AndyP, don't go blaming the good people of Ozgolf.net for your terrible form of late :wink:
I am beginning to believe the folks at that "other" forum were the driving force behind my good play. :roll:

AndyP
20th July 2004, 02:01 PM
BRD 31 points.
Damn, I just missed out. :roll:
You'll have to get Vegas to pick up your prize.

Now off 13.3. Two more rounds before I play off 14. Club Champs in a couple of weeks time. :-k

markTHEblake
20th July 2004, 03:49 PM
I thought the idea of providing a golflink number was to get this crap sorted out.

You would think that with Golflink simplifying the process for away clubs to post scores that this sort of laziness would stop.

Emerald Lakes has adopted the right practices to ensure that the Golf Link system works. Every competitor swipes his card before the round, that prints out his scorecard. Staff add the full number manually for visitors.

Everybody enters their own scores into the computer at the end of the round, the staff reconcile any that were missed out. this no away scores are missed.

It seems that too many aministrators are complaining about the downsides of Golflink instead of addressing the main cause - their own recalcitrance in embracing the system.

goughy
20th July 2004, 06:06 PM
I certainly can't see why it's so hard. When I play a gameat my home club, my card is swiped and out pops my scorecard. At the end of the game in the box it goes. Most saturday or sunday comps the last groups are coming in after 5pm (maybe 5.30pm sometimes). Since they went to the web based system I've been able to check my updated handicap at about 6pm the same day. All cards entered and ccr adjusted for the day and uploaded to golflink within about half to one hour of the completion of play. Dosen't seem too hard does it.

AndyP
21st July 2004, 07:15 AM
Gailes seem to have jumped on board the system now. Just need a pre-round swipe.
Nambour have been doing a bit of computer updating lately too, so their's may be just a pre-round swipe too. :? Has been for a long time for members anyway.

Fishman Dan
21st July 2004, 08:18 AM
As said before in another thread, Casino had version 1 and scrapped it. They resisted the current version for a while and now use it, but there's no swiping going on, just enter the score at the end of the round.

Fox Hills have barred it and sticking to Compman, with no sign of wanting to go to GolfLink.

Jarro
21st July 2004, 12:05 PM
As said before in another thread, Casino had version 1 and scrapped it. They resisted the current version for a while and now use it, but there's no swiping going on, just enter the score at the end of the round.

Fox Hills have barred it and sticking to Compman, with no sign of wanting to go to GolfLink.

that sucks Fishy :x

you gotta change clubs again man, that's just not on :roll: :wink:

Fishman Dan
21st July 2004, 02:18 PM

that sucks Fishy :x

you gotta change clubs again man, that's just not on :roll: :wink:

The next club i change is going to be 3-PW ;)
Want to trade for a life-long friendship? Can't put a price on that.

Jarro
21st July 2004, 03:57 PM
The next club i change is going to be 3-PW ;)
Want to trade for a life-long friendship? Can't put a price on that.

no thanks .......... :roll:

SHOW ME THE MONEY :!: :!: :lol: :lol: