PDA

View Full Version : Afghan racing and the minister at Albion

macleod
10th June 2005, 10:26 AM
Scored a free all-u-can-eat dinner at Albion racecourse last night for work with the Greyhound Adoption Program.

On the program was one of the occasional novelty events..

AFGHAN RACING!

that's right, those big loveable dopey fur carpet elephants had 2 set races, over 395 metres chasing the standard lure.

hilarious stuff, 2 on each race actually posted pretty good times...like about a minute and a bit (err...about 23k an hour? ah who cares :D )

apparently they have fox terrier racing occasionally as well, that would be cool to watch.

anywho also turning up...late....from a queensland racing cocktail party was the minister of racing robert schwarten.

apparently he was supposed to be there for the group 1 gold cup race but i think he was at the bar getting a big glass of free red when it happened.

shame he missed it as the dog who ran third, Rocky, is from rockhampton who he is the local Member for....ah the lure of free booze.

came over to our GAP tables, mumbled some stuff...talked about guys up north in the old days getting bags of cats and then letting dogs loose on them......etc....i wandered off since i could barely understand him...he had a really red nose....hmmmmm....

thank god for all u can eat roast though, i am still full today! :D

markTHEblake
10th June 2005, 10:38 PM
I thought Afghan was a camel.

anyway, so does this mean you had a KFC free day

macleod
14th June 2005, 09:43 AM
I thought Afghan was a camel.

anyway, so does this mean you had a KFC free day

heaven forfend the suggestion! :D

do kfc chips count towards to the total....

i think not... :D only chicken-based products should be counted!

hey, my pepsico shares are going great ;)

Afghan's a funny to watch race, my sister was hoping it was like last time and a few turned around and started running in the opposite direction..

http://www.puppydogweb.com/caninebreeds/dogimages/afghanhound_pdw.jpg
http://www.peds.co.uk/image/amirace.jpg