PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do?

AlexMc
26th January 2011, 03:13 PM
If you knew of a PGA professional that was selling fake gear, what would you do? Besides telling the companies that he is selling fakes of, is there anything else that should be done? Tell the PGA for example?

razaar
26th January 2011, 03:48 PM
If the item can clearly be established as counterfeit and is being sold as a genuine item, you can notify several bodies including the PGA of Australia, your local Golf Club, the State and Federal Police, the distributor of the Company concerned and the local State & Federal Members.

MegaWatty
26th January 2011, 04:28 PM
You'd want to be 100% sure first!

Minor_Threat
26th January 2011, 04:36 PM
I would talk to the PGA pro first before doing anything else.

AdamsPop
26th January 2011, 04:37 PM
Could be unwillingly selling fakes?

AlexMc
26th January 2011, 05:03 PM
The blokes who have been caught out in buying fakes have talked to another pro and he is talking to the companies first (Titleist, Taylor Made) to ensure they are fake first but the Scotty I saw was an awful fake.

I've heard that the guy can't get local accounts for some reason and that is why he is sourcing gear from the US (his words). I went in to his shop a while ago and saw a pretty poor fake set of R9 TP's with graphite shafts and hadn't been back since.

Might see what happens and go back there in a months time and see if there is still fake gear there...

I will say he isn't connected to a golf club (a few guys here know my local pro - it isn't him!).

sms316
26th January 2011, 07:36 PM
Depends on whether old mate has a contract with the said company.

What brand btw?

AlexMc
26th January 2011, 11:17 PM
The fake gear I have seen that people have purchased was an R9 driver, an R9 15* wood and a Scotty Newport. All were pretty obvious knock-off's to me, but I can see how others who don't know gear all that well would just think it was a bargain.

I believe that Titleist and Taylor Made have been informed...

Captain Nemo
27th January 2011, 09:11 AM
If you knew of a PGA professional that was selling fake gear, what would you do? Besides telling the companies that he is selling fakes of, is there anything else that should be done? Tell the PGA for example?

Shit i hope it's not Mearsy?

Daves
27th January 2011, 09:18 AM
Shit i hope it's not Mearsy?

No, see post #6.

Captain Nemo
27th January 2011, 11:13 AM
Got it, missed the fine print!, phew.

AlexMc
27th January 2011, 01:53 PM
I knew that you know him - that was my first thought in putting this up. "F*** I hope Lawrence doesn't think it is Mearsy!"

Captain Nemo
27th January 2011, 01:59 PM
I doubt it would be him anyway, to nice a bloke.
Plus i saw his nicely stocked pro-shop full of goodies, great setup!
Interesting that it went on, prob playing on hoping the guys in the Country wouldnt no the diff between real and fakes and couldnt go somewhere else to compare etc?