PDA

View Full Version : Swap Meet

PShaw
23rd January 2011, 12:19 PM
For any Gold Coast or Brisbane golfers, I am prepared to organise a swap meet for the guys at The Range at Robina Woods Golf Course on the coast. I know heaps of guys have great gear that isn't truely understood until hitting it or seeing it in the flesh. This way you guys can buy your balls and then all swap and change equipment. I dont want to make any commissions or anything, this is just an opportunity for you guys to do some deals yourself. The Range has news balls that are 100% flighted so any testing of clubs will give a true indication of what is happening.

I hope ozgolfers will take advantage of this. The date can be set when enough interest is shown. Sat or Sun is fine, lets just get an idea of interested golfers then by mutual decision will be set the most appealing day for the majority of golfers.

Reply to the thread with your interest of coming and also a preferred date.

petethepilot
23rd January 2011, 01:17 PM
I'll be in it.

Sundays are better than saturday for me.

PTP

Ferrins
23rd January 2011, 01:52 PM
I'll just try out your Miura irons for an hour or two, Pete.

Tomson
23rd January 2011, 02:37 PM
Why do I live so far away. :(

markTHEblake
23rd January 2011, 06:18 PM
Great to see some local support for the forum, thanks. I'd be delighted to come along and support this event, not that I have all that much to swap. Do you have any technology there that we could use on such a day, like a launch monitor? I know of one lefty that might be interested in this also, (not an ozgolfer but an ebay junkie) if there are any other backwards golfers coming.

Saturdays or late Sundays for me.

ddasey
23rd January 2011, 06:23 PM
Why do I live so far away. :(

Just for you I'll hook you up on a video call.

Just tell me what your interested in & I'll take it for a hit :mrgreen:

petethepilot
23rd January 2011, 08:04 PM
I'll just try out your Miura irons for an hour or two, Pete.

Do you reckon you could hit the sweet spot within an hour or two Chris?

Pete

Tomson
23rd January 2011, 08:09 PM
Just for you I'll hook you up on a video call.

Just tell me what your interested in & I'll take it for a hit :mrgreen:

Cheers ddasey one ho looking after another. The ozgolf way. ;)

Daves
23rd January 2011, 08:15 PM

Pete

Martinez19696 has a set of the 57's Pete, almost makes you cry to see how well he flushes them!

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/17854-Martinez19696

Ferrins
23rd January 2011, 08:29 PM

Pete
Can hit my Fourteen TB 1000's, which would have to be similar. Hey, we could swap:razz:

PShaw
23rd January 2011, 08:41 PM
Great to see some local support for the forum, thanks. I'd be delighted to come along and support this event, not that I have all that much to swap. Do you have any technology there that we could use on such a day, like a launch monitor? I know of one lefty that might be interested in this also, (not an ozgolfer but an ebay junkie) if there are any other backwards golfers coming.

By the end of the week the repair and clubfitting side of the range will be set up. There will be a vector lauch monitor as well as a frequency analyser, plus all the other regular stuff, shouuld be something for every golf ho

PShaw
23rd January 2011, 08:43 PM
So far it sppears Sunday will be best. Anyone have a date in mind. Possible dates are 6th or 13th now a time needs to be considered. Suggestions?

petethepilot
24th January 2011, 12:05 AM
give it a bit of time pete. Make it the 13th!

Just my opinion

I already have 4 bits of kit lined up.

PTP

PShaw
24th January 2011, 08:36 AM
give it a bit of time pete. Make it the 13th!

Just my opinion

I already have 4 bits of kit lined up.

PTP

I am in no hurry...it can be any sunday. The matter of what time of day is stil up in the air. There has been one suggestion of late in the day any other suggestions out there

Steve57
24th January 2011, 09:30 AM
Late Sunday after the 13th Feb would be good

PShaw
24th January 2011, 08:30 PM
Late Sunday after the 13th Feb would be good

Ok, lets start with a tentative date and time. I am going to look at Sunday 20th Feb at 3pm.

Anyone interested pop a reply in so we can get something sorted. Four weeks should be enough time for everyone to get their gear ready for trading.

Daves
25th January 2011, 10:40 AM
Could be interested if other lefties are going to be there, probably pointless for me to attend otherwise.

PShaw
25th January 2011, 12:44 PM
Could be interested if other lefties are going to be there, probably pointless for me to attend otherwise.

There has to be some more lefties out there. I'll let some of the robina members know as there are a heap of lefty members at Robina