PDA

View Full Version : WA: Hartfield This Thursday

MegaWatty
21st January 2011, 10:57 PM
Yoss, will you be a member by then?

3 spots available at 7:55 off ten.

idgolfguy
22nd January 2011, 12:38 AM
I'd be interested if there are no other takers.

Veefore
23rd January 2011, 12:32 PM
Yoss, will you be a member by then?

3 spots available at 7:55 off ten.

Mega, if he is thinking of playing but currently doesn't have a membership anywhere it might be possible to use the "thinking of joining" to get him in anyway, he just won't be in the comp. Either way, if he does want to play and you have any difficulty with it let me know and I'll speak to the relevant people and see what they can do.

MegaWatty
23rd January 2011, 12:51 PM
He should just join. He may be struggling to find a proposer, let alone a seconder.

Yoss, pull the trigger!

Veefore
23rd January 2011, 02:33 PM
And then his application goes up on the notice board for a week or two in case any members have objections to his joining.

MegaWatty
23rd January 2011, 02:37 PM
Could be fun!

Yossarian
23rd January 2011, 02:51 PM
Ha, I'm still not sure about commiting the money. I am a struggling uni student.

idgolfguy
23rd January 2011, 03:07 PM
Ha, I'm still not sure about commiting the money. I am a struggling uni student.

Renew Bunbury for another year and use any other private course facility for practice. At least you'd be eligible for Opens and Scroungers. Consider your options again when you can truly afford it. Full membership means you have to try to get there at least twice a week including round and practice to make it worthwhile. Practice is usually free though.

I'd balk at Hartfield considering where you live. I suppose I've been spoilt living on my home course doorstep.

adlo
23rd January 2011, 06:19 PM
Renew Bunbury for another year and use any other private course facility for practice. At least you'd be eligible for Opens and Scroungers. Consider your options again when you can truly afford it. Full membership means you have to try to get there at least twice a week including round and practice to make it worthwhile. Practice is usually free though.

I'd balk at Hartfield considering where you live. I suppose I've been spoilt living on my home course doorstep.
This is common sense.

Earn more money when you get a job and join a nicer course.

MegaWatty
23rd January 2011, 07:54 PM

This is common sense.

Earn more money when you get a job and join a nicer course.

Doesn't exactly work if he wants to play once or twice a week like he suggested to me that he wants to do.

idgolfguy
23rd January 2011, 08:02 PM
No doubt that he could play any of the reciprocals other clubs mid-week for Scroungers. He would have to look for a Sunday comp at another club. Saturdays would be out of the question at most places.

MegaWatty
23rd January 2011, 08:08 PM
I don't think you're meant to be playing the recips week in week out.

Isn't this why Royal Freo canned a lot of clubs off the recips list? Story goes that Melville members were taking the piss by playing all the time.

idgolfguy
23rd January 2011, 08:12 PM
I don't think you're meant to be playing the recips week in week out.

Isn't this why Royal Freo canned a lot of clubs off the recips list? Story goes that Melville members were taking the piss by playing all the time.
Setting up a roster of clubs where he only plays the same ones once a month would probably alleviate any issues.

He just has to pay for Scroungers to show that he is not taking advantage. However, if he is going to pay twice weekly, it will become expensive.

adlo
23rd January 2011, 08:37 PM
Playing once or twice a week- fair enough. If that is the case, join somewhere better.

MegaWatty
23rd January 2011, 08:40 PM
The Ozgolf crew at HF had a comfort factor to it I believe.

adlo
23rd January 2011, 08:41 PM
I'd be trying to avoid most of you!

MegaWatty
23rd January 2011, 08:43 PM
You've changed.

Yossarian
23rd January 2011, 09:02 PM
I can't afford somewhere else, except maybe Melville Glades or KB. Or maybe Kwinana.

I am looking at playing at least once a week. The odd tuesday as well. Still not sure.

Veefore
23rd January 2011, 09:12 PM
Don't do it Yoss. You'll end up like the rest. You join because its cheap with the intention of joining somewhere better later on when you can afford it.

Then when you do you find yourself so disappointed with the lack of atmosphere and challenging golf you end up back at Hartfield anyway.

Better to join somewhere else first and avoid the disappointment.

Yossarian
23rd January 2011, 09:14 PM
Ha!

dean0820
23rd January 2011, 11:37 PM
i sent an application to bunbury a week ago and haven't heard anything back from them.
surely a "we got your application, cheers, will get back atcha soonish" isn't too much to ask.
if they stand me up, i'll join hartfield.

MegaWatty
23rd January 2011, 11:40 PM
We'll welcome you Deano. ;)

adlo
23rd January 2011, 11:47 PM
i sent an application to bunbury a week ago and haven't heard anything back from them.
surely a "we got your application, cheers, will get back atcha soonish" isn't too much to ask.

They'll have your membership up and running soon and just send an invoice in the mail. Weird, I know.

Just call and talk to Jenny. She may not be the chirpiest, but she gets the job done.

simmsy
23rd January 2011, 11:52 PM
it is bumbury you know! they still drink moonshine and think the Yankees won the civil war down that way.

dean0820
24th January 2011, 01:47 AM
so i hafta call and sweet talk jenny huh?
mmm, should be ok, so long as she doesn't ask me to drive down and submit anything in person ...if you know what i mean.

adlo
24th January 2011, 09:06 AM
:lol:

Nope, no need to sweet talk. Just a phone call to follow it up if you are curious.

We should sign your card from KB on Wed and use it towards your handicap.

Veefore
24th January 2011, 10:10 AM

Must be a bunbury thing. When I send in my application for the Indian Harley Club rally every year I never hear anything back from them. It is a case of show up with fingers crossed that we are actually on the list. Considering the amount of money we have to commit to the event on bikes and accomodation it would be nice know that we actually have an entry.

dean0820
24th January 2011, 09:54 PM
got a letter confirming membership today. now hafta figure out how to get a `cap going.

idgolfguy
24th January 2011, 10:25 PM
got a letter confirming membership today. now hafta figure out how to get a `cap going.

You don't have to play comps. Just play a couple of rounds with someone with a handicap.

Golfnut
24th January 2011, 10:29 PM
You don't have to play comps. Just play a couple of rounds with someone with a handicap.

Is this the case for anyone ID, not just someone joining as a country member? I thought you had to play at least a couple of rounds at Bunbury to get your 'cap going......good if this is not the case.

idgolfguy
24th January 2011, 10:37 PM
Is this the case for anyone ID, not just someone joining as a country member? I thought you had to play at least a couple of rounds at Bunbury to get your 'cap going......good if this is not the case.

Anyone anywhere with the new course rating system as far as I understand it.

Daz got his handicap done for Bunbury playing Burswood 9 holes a couple of times.

I also believe that if you would like to submit non-comp rounds at any time for handicap adjustment, it is/was possible, as long it was verified by a member.

Others may have more correct and up to date information. V4 is usually sage in matters of this ilk.

Veefore
24th January 2011, 11:22 PM
Anyone anywhere with the new course rating system as far as I understand it.

Daz got his handicap done for Bunbury playing Burswood 9 holes a couple of times.

I also believe that if you would like to submit non-comp rounds at any time for handicap adjustment, it is/was possible, as long it was verified by a member.

Others may have more correct and up to date information. V4 is usually sage in matters of this ilk.

Not this time.

I'm not really certain. I know that was the intention of the rules but I'm not sure which phase it was in and if the clubs have adopted it yet. Also, there are some clubs doing their own things anyway.

It's best to contact the club involved and get their opinion.

Golfnut
24th January 2011, 11:23 PM
Sounds good ID.....I didn't realise it was that simple now.....

Dean, what was the country membership worth mate?

MegaWatty
25th January 2011, 12:20 AM
Sounds good ID.....I didn't realise it was that simple now.....

Dean, what was the country membership worth mate?

http://tinyurl.com/6jl6eqk

idgolfguy
25th January 2011, 12:45 AM
Has been discussed at length and price has changed - around $250 pa.

Golfnut
25th January 2011, 12:48 AM
Has been discussed at length and price has changed - around $250 pa.

Has it? Fair enough........big price jump from last year though :shock:.

MegaWatty
25th January 2011, 12:48 AM
Get a membership and handicap here if you don't need any reciprocals..

Links Shell Cove Lifestyle Membership $149 (http://www.linksshellcove.com.au/default.aspx?WebPage=80)

idgolfguy
25th January 2011, 12:59 AM
No excuse now.

Yossarian
27th January 2011, 11:06 PM
Just so everyone is clear.

V4 kindly arranged for myself to play in this and PM'd last night about it.

I came home quite drunk and didn't fully register all of it but set my alarm.

There was a power failure and my alarm reset and my bodyclock failed badly.

I also have not paid my phone bill, fixed that today, so I couldn't message/call anyone to let them know I would not be making it.

Again apologies to veefore and MW and ID. I'll try not to do it again :(

Bruce Dickinson
27th January 2011, 11:18 PM
Just so everyone is clear.

V4 kindly arranged for myself to play in this and PM'd last night about it.

I came home quite drunk and didn't fully register all of it but set my alarm.

There was a power failure and my alarm reset and my bodyclock failed badly.

I also have not paid my phone bill, fixed that today, so I couldn't message/call anyone to let them know I would not be making it.

Again apologies to veefore and MW and ID. I'll try not to do it again :(

did the dog eat your home work as well?

hocko
27th January 2011, 11:50 PM
Join KB and shut up! I did.

simmsy
28th January 2011, 12:07 AM
i like it when someone is gonna do something then they do it. good stuff Hocko - when you taking me for a hit?

Johnny Canuck
28th January 2011, 12:08 AM
i just worry about hocko in the high winds at kennedy.

TourFit
28th January 2011, 12:18 AM
He hits it fine in the wind...some quality shots yesterday.

As for HIM, unless he bulks up he may tee off at KB, but end up at Hartfield anyway.

Johnny Canuck
28th January 2011, 12:37 AM
i said i worried about hocko in the wind, not his game, fit.

bergsey
28th January 2011, 12:45 AM
Is it just me or is Bunbury now becoming the home for golf asylum seekers?

That must make Hartfield the onshore processing centre....

Yossarian
28th January 2011, 12:52 AM
did the dog eat your home work as well?

I don't do homework.

MegaWatty
28th January 2011, 12:57 AM
Is it just me or is Bunbury now becoming the home for golf asylum seekers?

That must make Hartfield the onshore processing centre....

Pfffft. Like refo's are allowed anywhere near Hartfield! ;)

TourFit
28th January 2011, 11:44 AM
i said i worried about hocko in the wind, not his game, fit.

Read line 2...I know what you meant!

rubin
28th January 2011, 12:44 PM
Read line 2...I know what you meant!

he'll be right..... there's not enough surface area there to cause any wind resistance!

Veefore
28th January 2011, 04:07 PM
I think it is mean the way you blokes keep picking on Hocko's shape.

I also thought it was especially mean the way Tourfit mistook him for his wayward driver and tried to stuff him into his golf bag on wednesday. Surely the hat gave it away. :)

rubin
28th January 2011, 04:28 PM
I think it is mean the way you blokes keep picking on Hocko's shape.

I also thought it was especially mean the way Tourfit mistook him for his wayward driver and tried to stuff him into his golf bag on wednesday. Surely the hat gave it away. :)

he probably just assumed it was a head cover!:mrgreen:

Johnny Canuck
28th January 2011, 09:26 PM
You didn't know what I meant, fit. You tried to make the same joke.

hocko
28th January 2011, 09:42 PM
You can all p**s right off!
Do you want me to start on you guys?;)

hocko
28th January 2011, 09:43 PM
he probably just assumed it was a head cover!:mrgreen:
That's a bit out of line from a newbie!

simmsy
28th January 2011, 09:55 PM
he obviously was made to feel pretty welcome on wednesday.

noice work rubin:lol:

rubin
28th January 2011, 11:34 PM
he obviously was made to feel pretty welcome on wednesday.

noice work rubin:lol:

cheers simmsy.

no offence hocko, but i thought i'd better start in on it. can't be left behind.

Pieface
28th January 2011, 11:58 PM
TF will be back smashing the pies. Looks like skinny is the new fat and he's off the hook!

Yossarian
28th January 2011, 11:59 PM
I'm suprised I haven't come in for more criticism.

TourFit
29th January 2011, 12:12 AM
How can we follow the "I'm the Full Banana" comment?

Yossarian
29th January 2011, 12:16 AM
Wot?

simmsy
29th January 2011, 12:25 AM
were you drunk that night FB?

Yossarian
29th January 2011, 12:27 AM
I am somewhat confused.

simmsy
29th January 2011, 12:35 AM
I am somewhat confused.

go here:

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/22072-The-other-snip?highlight=snip

see if post #6 can help you out any!

Yossarian
29th January 2011, 12:43 AM
Oh. Mate with this many posts do you think I remember half of them?

simmsy
29th January 2011, 02:07 AM
one would think one would remember when one declares he is in fact "the full banana"

hocko
29th January 2011, 09:10 AM
cheers simmsy.

no offence hocko, but i thought i'd better start in on it. can't be left behind.
None taken, i have been built like this for 30 odd years, i am used to it now.
It doesn't matter anyway, i still manage to drive the ball longer than you guys!

Johnny Canuck
29th January 2011, 11:30 AM
None taken, i have been built like this for 30 odd years, i am used to it now.
It doesn't matter anyway, i still manage to drive the ball longer than you guys!

I don't think you can call it built, hocko.

I should hope you can hit it past Simmsy.

hocko
29th January 2011, 01:14 PM
I should hope you can hit it past Simmsy.
With a 5 iron!

AndyP
16th February 2011, 09:52 AM
POTY Scores?