PDA

View Full Version : Adams golf buys Yes! for a bargain

Eldrick
20th January 2011, 12:25 PM
http://progolftalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/19/adams-golf-wins-auction-for-putter-maker-yes-golf/

chappy1970
20th January 2011, 12:35 PM
Yea read that a couple of days ago, does seem a bargain

solarman
20th January 2011, 12:40 PM
Eldrick....change that avator, it freaks me out.:smt087:smt087

TheTrueReview
20th January 2011, 01:14 PM
"Yes!" will become known as old men's putters now?

AlexMc
20th January 2011, 01:41 PM
Good fit for Adams really. $1.5M is dirt cheap...

TheTrueReview
20th January 2011, 01:47 PM
.... $1.5M is dirt cheap...

It was a liquidation sale. Not surprising in the circumstances.

Hawkers2008
20th January 2011, 01:51 PM
$1.5m doesn't sound very much did Adams assume some liabilities as well?

rubin
20th January 2011, 02:14 PM
The way I read it is that Adams has brought the Yes! product brand itself. What will generally happen is that the incomes used for the US financial year to date of sale will be used to offset the debts and the purchase price will make up for the difference. If there is any shortfall, Adams will most likely have to fund that themselves.

Having said that, as the cause of the Chapter 7 was the Yes! brands overexpansion method, the extra costs would probably be minimal if at all. As teh Golf Digest article suggests, the yes brand enjoys a small but very strong market share, and assuming Adams continue with the company as is, without making to many changes, they will recoup their money within a few years.

I would be on the look out for some big improvements in the Yes! and Adams brands over the next year or two.

Eldrick
20th January 2011, 04:01 PM
Eldrick....change that avator, it freaks me out.:smt087:smt087

Say hello to Frank

MegaWatty
20th January 2011, 04:52 PM
Great purchase. I am still shocked that Adams don't get the deserved recognition out there. Their equipment is absolute top notch.

markTHEblake
20th January 2011, 07:21 PM
http://www.clubmaker-online.com/
This bloke has been selling Yes putters at a discounted price as a "bankruptcy sale" I dont think he put this on his website, but this is from his newsletter a few weeks ago.

I was sad to announce a few weeks ago that Yes! Golf has filed for bankruptcy and is going out of business. I thought I'd give Cheapo Depot subscribers first shot at ordering Yes! putters at going out of business prices before I announce this to the rest of the online world later today and Tuesday. I've got a line on about 8 models in RH or LH, all 35" long. While quantities last, your price is $80 plus $9.95 shipping or $40 shipping international. Most of these putters retailed at $139-$200.
The putters will be available on March 1st and in limited quantities. These sorts of things tend go very quickly so I think what I'll do is take orders in once a week groupings so I can keep folks updated on quantities and not take orders only to find out the entire batch from my supplier has been purchased.
I've included a link to the yesgolf store so you can see pictures of the various models, I won't have anything posted at my site. http://www.yesgolf.com/store/models.php
Here are the models and most recent quantities week of January 9, 2011: All 35", no custom orders. Right Hand- Natalie qty 275, Athena qty 525, Sandy qty 385, Tiffany, Center Shaft qty 250, Groove Tube qty 200, Madison qty 750, Sandy REd qty 375.
Left Hand: Tracy qty 3, Pink Marilyn qty 75, Amy qty 275, Natalie qty 200, Olivia qty 200, Athena qty 225, Sandy qty 75, Dianna qty 150, Carolyne qty 324, Valerie qty 146, Groove Tue Qty 73, Robin qty 75.
Please use the basic secure orderform below. Type the putter model, RH or LH, and Qty in the merchandise box and I'll reserve a putter for you and will keep you updated via The Clubmaker Report or Cheapo Depot on the progress of the order, supposed to arrive on or about March 1.