PDA

View Full Version : ebay sellers blocking bidders

damoocow
17th January 2011, 10:04 PM
Interesting - have never heard of it before but I have had my bid blocked by a seller [I am assuming the very large golf equipment company didn't like my negative feedback over a purchase last year]. Also blocked from asking the seller a question about why I am blocked. Anyone else had this experience?

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2011, 10:05 PM
Were you buying in the U.S.?

damoocow
17th January 2011, 10:09 PM
Were you buying in the U.S.?

correct, why?

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2011, 10:18 PM
Well some sellers set their auction to block bids outside the USA. There's a provision for it, list an item and if you look closely enough thru the steps you will see it.

If he actually has worldwide shipping offered either he offered it by mistake or doesn't know he's stipulated the block. I actually got a load of gear off a guy last week, and for some reason he'd put a block on shoes but nothing else and he had to tweak it. I also could not ask a question on that particular item.

If he doesn't have worldwide offered he's simply covering himself.

If he offers worldwide and has what seems an accidental block, go thru his other gear and see if you can make contact via another item and mention it.

damoocow
17th January 2011, 10:22 PM
In this case I think it may be the company stopping dealing with anyone that gives them negative feedback - I really can't think of any other reason.

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2011, 10:24 PM
Well just give the link to a friend/anyone in here and have them see if they can ask a question.

damoocow
17th January 2011, 10:30 PM
Managed to find a way to ask them a Q - not counting on a response though

Moe Norman
17th January 2011, 10:32 PM
not sure why you would want to bid on something from a seller who you have left negative feedback for?

If your experience was so bad it warranted negative feedback, why would you go back for more?

damoocow
17th January 2011, 10:36 PM
I agree - but the lure of a possible bargain......

Peppas
17th January 2011, 11:16 PM
Ive been blocked from bidding after I asked the guy if I could do local pickup if I won. He was reluctant and wouldn't do it, but agreed to meet me somewhere with it if I won. When I went to bid though it said I was blocked from bidding on the auction. Frigging jerk. Probably a fake club.

Captain Nemo
18th January 2011, 12:50 PM
Happens all the time, especially with guys selling high end Scotty stuff outside the US.

gazgolf1
19th January 2011, 05:41 PM
Timtheputterman banned me. :(

Yossarian
19th January 2011, 07:12 PM
Really?

3oneday
20th January 2011, 01:06 AM
You negged him ;), there you go, case closed :lol:

gazgolf1
20th January 2011, 10:42 AM
The bastard deserved it!! ;)