PDA

View Full Version : Throwing golf clubs.

hocko
16th January 2011, 12:52 PM
Have you guys ever thrown a golf club or been in a group where there is a golf club thrower (tosser)?
I played with a group yesterday and every single one of them threw a golf club at least 4 times.
One bloke even threw his golf club after leaving his ball in the bunker then walking 30 metres to pick it up and then throw it again?
I find this to be very embarassing and rude, it was the worst time i have ever had on a golf course.

Cosmopolite
16th January 2011, 01:28 PM
This sort of behaviour should never happen - golfers lose sight of the fact it isnt the golf club doing the bad shots, it is the person using the golf club.

hocko
16th January 2011, 01:32 PM
This sort of behaviour should never happen - golfers lose sight of the fact it isnt the golf club doing the bad shots, it is the person using the golf club.
BTW, these guys were bogey golfers.

rubin
16th January 2011, 01:32 PM
I have, purely by accident! :) Trying a 6 iron from a mates set that was about 30yrs old and the grips had never been replaced.

It looked like a throw cause the club went further than the ball!

Having said that, played in a group with 1 bloke who did that. He would have played off about a 60h.cap he was that shite, and one flew almost every hole. By the end of 9, I didnt actually understand why he played the game.....

Webster
16th January 2011, 01:39 PM
I have no problem with it, provided the club is always thrown forward (to avoid delays) and it doesn't hit anyone. It can be very amusing if done well.

davepuppies
16th January 2011, 01:44 PM
I wont throw clubs..... i would feel like a dickhead if a shaft snapped or bent....

I have played with several club throwers........ and it puts me off my game.

Its not the clubs fault, its the golfers.... maybe they should throw themselves?????

LeftyHoges
16th January 2011, 02:19 PM
maybe they should throw themselves?????

Thats the problem. It's very hard to do..... :-)

Veefore
16th January 2011, 02:20 PM
I have. Lots of times. I used to have some "anger issues" apparently.

I once bent my putter like a banana after throwing it across the green so hard that the head dug in to the grass just past the fringe and shaft kept going.

Another time I just lost it and launched the putter without realising that I had even done it. I heard the sound of my mate screaming "sh!T!" and diving to the ground and then the sound of a putter dismantling itself against a tree and falling to the ground in pieces. It was only when I realised that my hands were empty and my putter was gone that I knew it was me who threw it.

The worst thing I ever threw though was my markers score card. It was during an Open event and the rage had been building from the 2nd hole. By the 6th I just lost it. I tossed my markers card on the ground and walked back to the clubhouse and went home. I didn't tell them I was leaving or anything. I just left.

Nowadays I might bang my club against my foot and let out an expletive or two but then I move on. I don't let it build until I explode like I used to.
I try (emphasis on try) to make my round as transparent to my playing partners as I can now. I'm not very good at it yet but I have two good role models that I play with regularly. When you are playing with them you can't tell what sort of a score they are shooting by their manner or attitude.

Yossarian
16th January 2011, 02:20 PM
I have no problem with it, provided the club is always thrown forward (to avoid delays) and it doesn't hit anyone. It can be very amusing if done well.

I pretty much agree with this.

I have only really thrown one once and it was more to do with my sweaty palms at the time than anything else.

dc68
16th January 2011, 02:29 PM
I can be pretty good at it...... at times. I don't do it every round but there are times
when I snap and away goes the helicopter. Usually after a chunked or flubbed chip,
and I throw the offending wedge in the direction of my bag. Damn clubs... It's their
fault.

mike
16th January 2011, 02:36 PM
Never thrown a club but have seen it done plenty of times. I'm totally unimpressed by this behaviour. It's juvenile and potentially dangerous.

dc68
16th January 2011, 02:40 PM
Gee isn't that a surprise.

Tomson
16th January 2011, 02:44 PM
I love club throwers. Make for a busy week for me ;)

LarryLong
16th January 2011, 02:52 PM
Club throwing is acceptable if the player is laughing at the time. I don't do it, but one of my best mates has a very good sense of when to bring out the helicopter for comedic purposes.

mike
16th January 2011, 03:17 PM
Gee isn't that a surprise.
What's a surprise?

Hawkers2008
16th January 2011, 03:17 PM
I have done it occasionally 20 years ago but I stopped after it got me into some shit with the club.

Touring pro David Bransdon can throw a club an extremely long way. By now I imagine he has probably outgrown throwing clubs, although I couldn't be sure.

dean0820
16th January 2011, 03:21 PM
haven't done it since i was a kid. playing in japan you learn good etiquette.
besides, i can't afford to break anything.
i honestly wouldn't want to play with anyone who got that upset about a game of golf.
i get a bit down on myself now and then but have learned to get over it real quick and not put my partners off.
i have a mate who puts on the mute button when he's steaming, and as uncomfortable as it may be, it's better than violent outbursts.

Stuartd147
16th January 2011, 04:16 PM
I must fess up and say I have thrown the odd club, but I learnt my lesson the last time.

It was 15 minutes before dark a few months back, I was playing by myself hitting my brand new Ping I15 7 iron to a par 3...badly! After 3 terrible shots I threw my club at my bag, it hit my buggy and snapped in 2 with the head going about 3 metres into a bush. It took me 10 minutes on my hands and knees in near darkness to search through this bush to find my club head. Fortunately there were no snakes nor spiders that I could see. I will not throw another...I promise!

...Stu

Tongueboy
16th January 2011, 04:20 PM
yeah used to when i was younger. got over it and just swear now

Minor_Threat
16th January 2011, 04:29 PM
yeah used to when i was younger. got over it and just swear nowYeah this is me also..

LeftyHoges
16th January 2011, 04:45 PM
yeah used to when i was younger. got over it and just swear now

Yeah this is me also..

Pretty much me aswell....

Except for yesterday when I topped my driver on the last hole sitting at -1. It copped a little 10 metre toss (forward of course).

markTHEblake
16th January 2011, 05:00 PM
Ditto, the older i got the less i threw them. Has vent busted a club since the first Ozgolf Matchplay final. I was aiming at Gazgolf but missed, he is a rather short target. I also through one backwards once and narrowly missed a fellow golfer, that scared me a lot. When i was a junior i threw one up a tree. I snuck onto the golf course at 5am and got it back, and gee it was high.

I probably also value my clubs a lot more now than before, perhaps the older they get, the more likely you are to chuck em around.

Courty
16th January 2011, 05:23 PM
Never thrown a club but have seen it done plenty of times. I'm totally unimpressed by this behaviour.

:oops:

I love club throwers. Make for a busy week for me ;)

;)

The frequency of my club-throwing has increased noticeably in recent times. I'm blaming frustration due to poor golfing form and struggling with bedding in some swing changes.

I'm not proud of it and I'm going to try my best to stop letting it get it to me so much.

qbnchopper
16th January 2011, 06:06 PM
3 helicopters in my group yesterday (none by me!) ... one was a classic that included two attempts out of a bunker then a fling into a 15m high pine and man it took a long time to come down ....

I kinda like the woof, woof, woof sound ...

dean0820
16th January 2011, 06:13 PM
I kinda like the woof, woof, woof sound ...

bwaa haa haaa, true, true! where do you play mate?

mike
16th January 2011, 06:43 PM
:oops:

Not a dig at you courty. Having more of a think about it, it's usually the 'nice guys' that lose it on course. A notorious club chucker at Mareeba is one of my favourite people to play with.

Tongueboy
16th January 2011, 06:45 PM
i was a nice guy

Zeusgolf
16th January 2011, 07:38 PM
Calling Tour Fat.......

Yup I have been know to do a few Blackhawk downs....not in a long time though....

Dave
16th January 2011, 07:45 PM
i throw my ball

hocko
16th January 2011, 07:45 PM
Calling Tour Fat.......

Yup I have been know to do a few Blackhawk downs....not in a long time though....
More the f bomb than a tourtoss these days.

sms316
16th January 2011, 07:59 PM

+1

The occassional code violation (racquet abuse) is good for the soul.

live4golf
16th January 2011, 08:12 PM
Club throwing rules:

1) Throw the club forward… So as not to hold up other golfers if you have to go back for it.
2) Use a flat spin so the club doesn’t break the shaft hitting the ground.
3) Do not throw golf clubs toward obstructions. Hitting a tree could cause the shaft to break and kill someone… It HAS happened.
4) Do not throw your golf club past your golf ball, as that will also hold up other foursomes if you need it for the next shot.
5) Talk loudly to yourself until you get to the golf club… It intimidates other golfers from commenting on your habit.

Dazza
16th January 2011, 08:24 PM
Most of the time, if I'm having a shocker around the greens, I'll just drop the wedge where I was and move on.
I'll then go back and collect said evil wedge once I've putted out.

I do throw the odd golf ball from time to time, donated one a few weeks ago to a water hazard after a 4 putt.
Felt 100% better on the next tee.

I used to play junior golf with a chucker (of both golf clubs and tantrums) This bloke would be crying and having a tantrum mid round over the smallest things!
I'd just laugh, and continue on.
But playing with him week-in week-out would get a bit painful after a while.

Jim
16th January 2011, 08:24 PM
I have done it occasionally 20 years ago but I stopped after it got me into some shit with the club.

Touring pro David Bransdon can throw a club an extremely long way. By now I imagine he has probably outgrown throwing clubs, although I couldn't be sure.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Golfnut
16th January 2011, 08:27 PM
Been around for some classic Tourcopters in the past.....some very funny.

But personally, I'm not a chucka although I have been known to ground the club head and let the grip go with some force into my bag but that's about as bad as it gets when the temperature's rising.

Probably not the vein of this thread but i often throw my wedge out of deep bunkers following the shot so I can rake the bunker properly with 2 hands on the rake.

WBennett
16th January 2011, 08:43 PM
I saw TG's putter go a good 60m on the fly last round... I thought he should become a hammer thrower after that effort.

sms316
16th January 2011, 09:46 PM

I wouldn't bet on it.
Now there is a loony. He stayed at the same motel as me once when we were juniors. After he failed to live up to expectations, he departed after turning all of the gas on the stove tops and removed the knobs. Could have been very nasty for the cleaner given she was a smoker.

Hawkers2008
16th January 2011, 10:00 PM
David is a temperamental man, so many incidents and stories to choose from. My favourite is the time he broke his hand when punched a tree during the Australian PGA.

Johnny Canuck
16th January 2011, 10:24 PM
Been around for some classic Tourcopters in the past.....some very funny.

But personally, I'm not a chucka although I have been known to ground the club head and let the grip go with some force into my bag but that's about as bad as it gets when the temperature's rising.

Probably not the vein of this thread but i often throw my wedge out of deep bunkers following the shot so I can rake the bunker properly with 2 hands on the rake.

Everything is a deep bunker at your height.

virge666
16th January 2011, 11:33 PM
Don't bottle it up . . . let it go.

I am happy with a good vent every now and then - just as long as it isn't dangerous and the player doesn't go on like an old woman.

Chuck it... pick it up - get on with it.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2011, 04:11 AM

I am happy with a good vent every now and then - just as long as it isn't dangerous and the player doesn't go on like an old woman.

Perfect mentality. I really like this. Well put Virge!

LarryLong
17th January 2011, 09:03 AM

That's a good point. I played with a bloke a while back who spent the entire back nine banging on about how bad he was playing, grumbling and whinging every time he played a bad shot or missed a putt. I reckon he told me 30 times that he couldn't get a putt near the hole, and then kept it up in the clubhouse. Sometimes you just have to accept that you're having a shocker and find a way to deal with it. I would have been much happier if he had thrown his putter 40m into a tree, spent 2 minutes looking for it, and emerged a happy man.

qbnchopper
17th January 2011, 09:35 AM
Club throwing rules:

1) Throw the club forward… So as not to hold up other golfers if you have to go back for it.

Quite hard to do .... time for the Cottesloe club throwing story ...

I have caddied in a few WA opens since i've been back in WA ... anyway, we're playing the 15th and it decides to pi$$ down for about 5 minutes ... so everyone goes into the go slow mode with rain gear etc (hoping to wait it out) ...

Another player in our group has hit it in the fairway bunkr off the tee ... he's still in there after a further 3 shots, and hits his fifth on the green to about 30 feet - his umbrella having blown into the bunker and his glasses an hat also falling into the sand .... steam coming out of his ears and the group is very quiet ...

Up on the green, said player, lets call him x, a Japanese tour winner, 4 putts for a nine ... the fourth putt is a 2 footer that he slams into the back of the hole and it pops up and spins in (phew!) ...

Group is now deathly quiet ... on the 16th my guy hits it on the back of the green with his 2iron, and we retire to the back left of the tee to watch the others ball flgihts. It is the turn of x .... he hits the gheyest little fade with his driver into the trees on the right about 100metres off the tee

Player x takes two mighty steps forward and flings his driver with all of his might .....

His release was a little late ...

MY player and I duck as it goes back over our heads and towards the 12th fairway (180 degrees in the opposite direction to x's intended direction) ...

Player x is going to explode, and remarks "cant even throw the farrken thing straight"

Everyone cracks up - very very funny !

(x finished with a 74 with a 9)

Johnny Canuck
17th January 2011, 10:28 AM
Join a real course like royal h, if it is not too tough for you, gn. Stop playing hack tracks.

PeteyD
17th January 2011, 07:15 PM
If it wasn't for club throwing how would we have got our NAGA trophy??

Hux
17th January 2011, 10:37 PM
Since work started taking up bucket loads of my time I am buying more gear and realising that there is no point getting cranky. I am a lot happier just to be on the course and realise its just nice to be away from work. I have felt like throwing the mobile a lot though....I reckon I would feel a crap load better after the 3 or 5th work call in an hour on the course.

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm driven but i'd never throw a club. I try to remind myself i play for fun and am conscious of not impacting anyone else's round. Others doing it don't worry me, i find it humorous.

hocko
18th January 2011, 12:11 AM
I'm driven but i'd never throw a club. I try to remind myself i play for fun and am conscious of not impacting anyone else's round. Others doing it don't worry me, i find it humorous.
Are you the Delai Lama TNO?

Golfnut
18th January 2011, 12:21 AM
Join a real course like royal h, if it is not too tough for you, gn. Stop playing hack tracks.

Just saw this????? What planet/thread are you on?.......you're in the wrong thread piss head.

And WTF is royal h?

TheNuclearOne
18th January 2011, 12:34 AM

Club throwing isn't that rife where i play and if someone went around throwing clubs they'd stand out like a sore thumb. You'd find a lot of people wouldn't want to play in your group and you'd get a name for hissy fits pretty quick. I do a little bit of swearing but nothing loud or consistent. I did throw a club about 18 years ago but i was the only one on the course LOL. I've learnt not to take myself so serious on the golf course. The harder i used to try the more i used to expect and the worse i played. When i learnt not to get so frustrated and to take it less serious i played better golf and enjoyed it more.

I'll shove a club pretty hard into the bag in disgust every few weeks still. Might toss a ball from the green to the next tee in disappointment every few weeks, but i don't look like i'm about to kill someone when i do LOL. The mate used to near put holes in his bag throwing the ball at it, and he let go a few good choppers too. As i say, i am not worried by what others do within reason. I've seen another mate totally blow a comp in the last three holes and you couldn't talk to him for 2 hours. Man was he depressed. We're all different. I just worry about what i do.

Bear in mind there are a lot of people out there that would think one an absolute tosser throwing clubs around on a consistent basis.

hocko
18th January 2011, 12:42 AM

Club throwing isn't that rife where i play and if someone went around throwing clubs they'd stand out like a sore thumb. You'd find a lot of people wouldn't want to play in your group and you'd get a name for hissy fits pretty quick. I do a little bit of swearing but nothing loud or consistent. I did throw a club about 18 years ago but i was the only one on the course LOL. I've learnt not to take myself so serious on the golf course. The harder i used to try the more i used to expect and the worse i played. When i learnt not to get so frustrated and to take it less serious i played better golf and enjoyed it more.

I'll shove a club pretty hard into the bag in disgust every few weeks still. Might toss a ball from the green to the next tee in disappointment every few weeks, but i don't look like i'm about to kill someone when i do LOL. The mate used to near put holes in his bag throwing the ball at it, and he let go a few good choppers too. As i say, i am not worried by what others do within reason. I've seen another mate totally blow a comp in the last three holes and you couldn't talk to him for 2 hours. Man was he depressed. We're all different. I just worry about what i do.

Bear in mind there are a lot of people out there that would think one an absolute tosser throwing clubs around on a consistent basis.
Dead set right!!!!
you are the Delai Lama!.....very profound. And no piss taken.

Johnny Canuck
18th January 2011, 12:59 AM
Just saw this????? What planet/thread are you on?.......you're in the wrong thread piss head.

And WTF is royal h?

I'll explain for the slow kid in attendance.

Royal H is Royal Hartfield.

I am in the correct thread.

I am on Planet Canuck.

I am not going to deny the piss head comment.

Yossarian
18th January 2011, 01:04 AM
Hocko please google, Delai Lama, for me and get back to us.

Golfnut
18th January 2011, 01:09 AM
I'll explain for the slow kid in attendance.

Royal H is Royal Hartfield.

ROYAL ! ........ppfffftt .......got some goats round there with royal linear-age eh?:lol:

Johnny Canuck
18th January 2011, 01:10 AM
You can't say anything about it until you can break 25 points.

Yossarian
18th January 2011, 01:11 AM
ROYAL ! ........ppfffftt .......got some goats round there with royal linear-age eh?:lol:

Golfnut
18th January 2011, 01:16 AM

apple mac spelling thingy

Nuffie
18th January 2011, 01:39 AM
This thread is a golden read, especially the last few posts, despite being a bit off-track :)

I remember back to those days when I would sometimes throw a club, except I tried to 'cover up' my throws, lol. What a loser...why bother?

If I missed a green with a short pitch, it would always pi$$ me off so much, especially if after lying 2 on a par 5 (hence blowing a birdie or even a par chance from there). So, I would like drop the club and put my foot on the clubhead (or drop-kick the clubhead).

Terry Lamb (The ex-Canterbury Rugby League and Kangaroos halfback) once said to me whilst playing in my group at Cabramatta GC:

"Least do a good job if you want to throw a club, dont be a sissie about it and try cover up your efforts."

He had a fair point, but the trouble was - even my temperament at the tender age of 18 in the club was something I valued muchly (and still do so today).

PerryGroves
18th January 2011, 12:41 PM
Terry Lamb (The weak asre cheap shot merchant) fixed

Presume young Terence doesn't put the same value as you on having an even temprement

RUGBY league great Terry Lamb unleashead a "barrage" of punches during a golf rage incident, a court heard today.
The Bulldogs legend is fighting charges of assault occassioning actual bodily harm and common assault.
Greg Davison, 50, today told Liverpool Local Court Lamb had taken offence at his "slow" playing at the Cabramatta Golf Club in October last year before confronting him on the 18th green.
"I was just standing over my ball waiting to have a putt and there was a bit of commotion on the left," Mr Davison said.
He said Lamb, 45, then approached Mr Davison's group and said: "F**k you lot, we are just pushing through".
"I just left them to try and sort their stuff out. All I wanted to do is get a birdie, that's all I wanted."
Mr Davison said without any warning, Lamb walked towards him and "let loose with a right cross".

"He's let loose with a right cross and hit me in the left jaw. I stumbled back. My first reaction mentally, I thought my jaw was broken. It was a king hit."
Mr Davison said he raised his fist trying to defend himself when Lamb "has come forward with a barrage".
"I couldn't defend myself. He's just belted me in the face and the next thing I'm on the ground and he's on top of him.
"He's pounded my head with his right fist. He was just going furious."
The court heard Mr Davison suffered extensive bruising to his face.
Lamb has pleaded not guilty to the charges

Minor_Threat
18th January 2011, 12:55 PM
Hocko please google, Delai Lama, for me and get back to us.

This guy knows the Delai ;)

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUgVJ0i2Ysqbw3uQhxWuYq0ZPICNjr7 YKgRDdvBABADEdyV5nlPg

Goldy
18th January 2011, 01:34 PM
Dalai

goonga ga goonga

Minor_Threat
18th January 2011, 01:48 PM
Dalai

goonga ga goongaYes I know it is Dalai, was just going with the theme.. Twelfth son of the lama! Funny Stuff!!

Carl: A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald...striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver, he hauls off and whacks one- big hitter, the Lama- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? "Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga." So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Goldy
18th January 2011, 01:56 PM
Yes I know it is Dalai, was just going with the theme.. Twelfth son of the lama! Funny Stuff!!

My favourite quote from a highly quotable movie.

solarman
18th January 2011, 02:21 PM
I borrow this off a mate when I play at Cairns with a certain trio.

Protects me in all directions from wedges (tomson), drivers (courty) and putters (haysey).

Only thing I found that can withstand the massive G Forces from a full Tomson swing.

Nuffie
20th January 2011, 11:01 PM
I remember that article involving the former Canterbury halfback and the incident at Cabra GC - occurring after I had left the club. I never found out if he was ever charged or not.

MegaWatty
20th January 2011, 11:07 PM
How's the putter Simmsy? :shock:

AndyP
7th June 2011, 09:40 AM
This guy isn't doing it right.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/06/07/golfers-mate-in-jail-after-club-throw-incident-the/

TheTrueReview
7th June 2011, 09:48 AM

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/06/07/golfers-mate-in-jail-after-club-throw-incident-the/

He should've engaged in 'safe throwing' & if it goes wrong, simply apologise.

Goldy
7th June 2011, 09:59 AM
Don't think just an apology was going to cut it on this one.

AndyP
7th June 2011, 10:05 AM
He went for the "it slipped" on a practice swing angle, instead of an apology.

Pieface
7th June 2011, 10:18 AM
Jeebus...

Can't say I have never tossed a club but to throw a club like that when there were kids around is just unbelievable. That is severe anger management issues.

I did total my mobile on Sunday with a 9 iron bashed, not thrown, into the side of the bag. Felt like a total dipstick and it settled me down.

oncewasagolfer
7th June 2011, 10:32 AM

With friends like that....

Hawkers2008
7th June 2011, 02:09 PM

Maybe he should have gotten lessons.

Touring Pro David Bransdon is an outstanding golf club thrower.

Johnny Canuck
7th June 2011, 02:30 PM
Jeebus...

Can't say I have never tossed a club but to throw a club like that when there were kids around is just unbelievable. That is severe anger management issues.

I did total my mobile on Sunday with a 9 iron bashed, not thrown, into the side of the bag. Felt like a total dipstick and it settled me down.

Awesome work Face.

I used to throw my ball at my bag, until I got an iphone.

TheTrueReview
7th June 2011, 02:36 PM
Don't think just an apology was going to cut it on this one.

Precisely. Throwing clubs is a knob act.

Pieface
7th June 2011, 03:11 PM
Awesome work Face.

I was just glad the car key still worked!

Let's relive the cause of it. Hook off 13th tee to rough on 14th. Decide to play down the 14th and come back at the end. Snap hook to far side of 14th fairway. Stand there for 8 minutes while the group there tees off. Snap hook into the group on the 14th tee. Luckily it was so bad it came down on the side of the tee box. 9 iron meets golf bag. Good times.

timah!
7th June 2011, 03:30 PM

I used a 7-iron. Put the best swing of the day on it, so much so I bent the metal casing on an iPhone 4. It lasted a bit longer, until the screen started turning black.

oncewasagolfer
7th June 2011, 04:07 PM
Maybe he should have gotten lessons.

Touring Pro David Bransdon is an outstanding golf club thrower.
The head pro at the arch (ballarat) was a David bransdon wonder if it the same guy?

Hawkers2008
7th June 2011, 04:40 PM
The head pro at the arch (ballarat) was a David bransdon wonder if it the same guy?

I don't think so,

David is originally from Wauchope in NSW. He spent a couple of years in Melbourne at the AIS program in the early 90s before turning pro and playing various tours with varying levels of success. At the moment he plays One Asia, the Aussie events plus some proams.

I reckon he would struggle to succeed as a club pro

oncewasagolfer
7th June 2011, 06:10 PM
Oh ok totally different guy then. come to think of it now I don't even think his last name was bransdon. Don't mind me have been couped up inside with sick kids for the last 3 days:(

gilagolf
9th June 2011, 02:11 AM
I tomahawk clubs a fair bit in my hey days as a beginner. Until I got too tired of mending up the ground after that. One of those brainless, thoughtless things that is done at a moment of insanity. It is rather embarassing after a while and obviously not so good course ethics and needs to be stopped, but man, it felt good to release it. Definitely the golf club's fault for that duffed chip ! :)

IamViva
22nd June 2011, 03:51 PM
When I was 18 and had only just started playing I had a few brain explosions which generally involved me throwing my club at my bag or in that direction until i threw my hybrid and it ended 8m up a tree OB ;) embarrassed I left it there as a lesson to myself. I am yet to throw another club, I can be vocal at times!

Talart
30th June 2011, 11:16 AM
Not a club thrower, never have been and never will. Let go with Bugga!!! at times and rarely a F@cking C@nt Get a bit irritated when playing with club throwers and people who rant and rave about playing poor shots off 20 + who only accept hit shots that single digit handicappers produce as the norm. Am tolerant of others and do mention that some moderation would be appreciated. Also make a note of them in my Matchplay book for showing no mercy!