PDA

View Full Version : Boonie wins World Club Championships.

gazgolf1
2nd June 2004, 12:09 PM
It appears "boonie" (no not David) an Aussie that posts on BSG has won the World Club Championship,a teams event that was held recently in Korea. 8)
I just did a Google search to find some more info on this event but could'nt find much.This was pinched from BSG.

Our long time member and all around good guy Boonie (and his teammate) won the World Club Championships that just aired on The Golf Channel! He and his partner represented Kingston Heath from Austrailia for those of you who saw this show. The competition was comprised of 18 (i think) amateur teams that represented the top private golf clubs in the world (your course had to be ranked in the top 100 private clubs in the world to qualify). The Golf Channel showed 2 hours of coverage, and much of it was Boonie and his teammate. I believe Kingston Heath was the only team to break par. This event took place on Jeju Island, which is part of South Korea, at Nine Bridges golf course. It looked beautiful and must have been an incredible experience. I'm not sure of the exact dates of the tournament, but I believe it was in the past 2-6 weeks. If Boonie cares to give more details, I'm sure we'd all be excited to find out more.

Hopefully we will get a little coverage of this since it was shown on the Golf Channel in the US but I won't hold my breath.
Anyway well done Boonie. =D>

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 12:12 PM
hey that's great 8)

he's a really nice guy .... nearly bought an R300Tour from him :smt003

jaster
2nd June 2004, 07:06 PM
He is a member at bsg also...nice guy :) Well done AUSSIE!!! 8)