PDA

View Full Version : WA Golf Shops

rubin
15th January 2011, 04:19 PM
For the WA boys, I'd like to know if u ever use the retail shops here. Went in to GolfBox East perth and the service was shit. Told the bloke I wanted a stiffer shaft for my hybrid and the clown started saying "in 20 yrs I've never sold an xtra stiff shaft for a hybrid" and then continued to try and pull the piss out of me.

Gotta tell ya, I was tempted to tee a ball up and drive into the ****ers mouth!

Having said that, the boys in newman and brooks were brilliant.

Golfnut
15th January 2011, 05:47 PM
Agreed re. N & B.....always had top service there.....

simmsy
15th January 2011, 06:23 PM
The WA proshops are half the reason i shop on the internet. that shop you spoke of in East Perth are the biggest bunch of t@ssers i have ever come across, the blokes at the store in cannington, albany hwy are no better. N&B def are one of the better guys in Perth.

Rubin - why isn't your name up for the MP Champs in 2011? we could do with two more players.

$10 in winner take all.

Veefore
15th January 2011, 08:43 PM
GB in East Perth is the worst place I have ever dealt with. Incredibly bad advice and conceited salesmen who are more concerned with trying to namedrop and brag seems to the standard there.

To be honest I buy almost everything at the club. Service is EXCELLENT (apart from Rat) and he always price matches anyone else in Perth.
But then I don't turn over clubs like MW or Simmsy so I don't have as much to lose $$ wise as they do. I've only bought one club in the last 2 or 3 years.

Mayhem
15th January 2011, 09:34 PM
I generally only ever go to N and B. Golfbox on Leach hwy Myaree is quite good though. N and B is better but Golfbox there offers some alternatives. Different range etc.

Some of the On Course golf shops are also handy but it depends who you get on the day. Golfbox boys also work boat yards on the weekends so they can turn their noses up at more people.

rubin
15th January 2011, 09:54 PM
The WA proshops are half the reason i shop on the internet. that shop you spoke of in East Perth are the biggest bunch of t@ssers i have ever come across, the blokes at the store in cannington, albany hwy are no better. N&B def are one of the better guys in Perth.

Rubin - why isn't your name up for the MP Champs in 2011? we could do with two more players.

$10 in winner take all.

I was incredibly tempted, however my lacking of an official Handicap at this stage is a small problem. I used to play at Melville glades when I was in my teens, but havent for over 5 yrs now. Hartfield is the go I think....

Lodged a formal complaint with GB east Perth as well. I only ever go there cause I now work with a guy who used to work there. The last time I was in, the bloke who owns GolfBox served me as well so I hadn't had a problem. Definately won't be going back.

I don't know who the blokes are who work in N and B, but hats off to them. Top blokes and offered less costly suggestions. Price isn't great, but if i've got something tricky, i'm going back there.

rubin
15th January 2011, 09:57 PM
I generally only ever go to N and B. Golfbox on Leach hwy Myaree is quite good though. N and B is better but Golfbox there offers some alternatives. Different range etc.

Some of the On Course golf shops are also handy but it depends who you get on the day. Golfbox boys also work boat yards on the weekends so they can turn their noses up at more people.

The thing is, I wouldn't have a problem with them if they knew what they were talking about. BUT.... They are useless. and my original post with comment from the STORE MANAGER proves it.

simmsy
15th January 2011, 10:03 PM
not all the guys have official h/c in the MP comp.

we do ask that you provide about 1/2doz recent scores gross and courses you played and The Don (adlo) will mark you up for a h/c. word of warning though it won't be on the generous side, but will be honest.

join up & get meet a few of us at the same time mate.

rubin
15th January 2011, 10:17 PM
not all the guys have official h/c in the MP comp.

we do ask that you provide about 1/2doz recent scores gross and courses you played and The Don (adlo) will mark you up for a h/c. word of warning though it won't be on the generous side, but will be honest.

join up & get meet a few of us at the same time mate.

i'll give it a miss this year mate, but you can mark me in now for 2012. I'll be out there soon enough. I'll chuck a few posts up once i've joined and tee up a few rounds

MegaWatty
15th January 2011, 10:20 PM
Or just join HF like you suggested. ;$

Johnny Canuck
16th January 2011, 12:25 AM
i'll give it a miss this year mate, but you can mark me in now for 2012. I'll be out there soon enough. I'll chuck a few posts up once i've joined and tee up a few rounds

No probs, Golfnut.

Take GB employees with a grain of salt. I go in with the attitude that I know twice as much as they do and tell them I'll let them know if I need any help. Works a treat.

The Newman/ Brooks guys, especially Jake, are top notch.

MegaWatty
16th January 2011, 12:31 AM
N and B have a very highly rated Mizuno fitter as well I believe.

Vee, I am pretty tame on clubs these days. I have found an amazing bag.

Johnny Canuck
16th January 2011, 12:35 AM
that's what she said.

gregorywannabe
17th January 2011, 06:10 PM
The missus wasn't happy with GolfBox on Leach Hway. She wanted a swing/hit with some Mizuno irons as she'd hired some when we were in Phuket and really liked them. Finally after waiting ages for some service she was told "Oh no, they're only for elite players", without so much as asking anything about her game, hcp, etc and didn't seem that keen on letting her out the back for a hit of anything. I only ever pop in there when they have Precept U-Tri tours or bridgstone B330s out for $39 per dozen. :)

Yossarian
17th January 2011, 06:47 PM
Most of Golfbox are ****s, but there are one or two good guys.

N&B mostly know there stuff but suffer a little from a lack of fancy swing monitor stuff. They are always willing to deal a little though.

Bruce Dickinson
17th January 2011, 07:13 PM
Wembley has some good stuff.....:lol: Anyone after a set of Adams irons at a great price?

Trakman and SAM Putt Lab now operational.

simmsy
17th January 2011, 07:21 PM
Bruce - how do the guys in shop feel about someone going up and using Trackman for their own reasons and not really with the intention to buy equipment?
is there availability to "hire" a session where you can pay to use Trackman for your own curisosity??

would be fun to go up there with your own gear to find out launch angle and speeds and maybe try a couple of demo drivers to see what is perhaps better, but wouldn't want to go up there on false pretense if you know what i mean.

Bruce Dickinson
17th January 2011, 07:42 PM
Bruce - how do the guys in shop feel about someone going up and using Trackman for their own reasons and not really with the intention to buy equipment?
is there availability to "hire" a session where you can pay to use Trackman for your own curisosity??

would be fun to go up there with your own gear to find out launch angle and speeds and maybe try a couple of demo drivers to see what is perhaps better, but wouldn't want to go up there on false pretense if you know what i mean.
We are looking at that option in regards to individual use but its an expensive piece of kit.

You can get a driver fitting for example for $50 with Rohan Throssell, with no obligation to buy.

simmsy
17th January 2011, 07:48 PM
it'd be a nice thing to be able to do, but yeah has to be a charge for it as you say it's an exy piece of kit.

Bruce Dickinson
17th January 2011, 07:53 PM
it'd be a nice thing to be able to do, but yeah has to be a charge for it as you say it's an exy piece of kit.

What has been more interesting for me is trying different balls and seeing what results you get.

rubin
17th January 2011, 07:57 PM
What has been more interesting for me is trying different balls and seeing what results you get.

That is something that, I believe, is missing. I'd love to be able to go to a range, amd try the 5 or 6 that I'm looking at, and then based on the info make a decision.

Bruce Dickinson
17th January 2011, 08:04 PM
That is something that, I believe, is missing. I'd love to be able to go to a range, amd try the 5 or 6 that I'm looking at, and then based on the info make a decision.

you can, Wembley does it. We use the indoor bay with launch monitor, all the leading brands are available and it is a very interesting experience

simmsy
17th January 2011, 08:21 PM
That'd be pretty cool to be able to do without the sales push.

Bruce Dickinson
17th January 2011, 08:29 PM
That'd be pretty cool to be able to do without the sales push.

this man is our mentor

MegaWatty
17th January 2011, 09:48 PM
LOL.

dean0820
18th January 2011, 01:07 PM
bruce> i'll be at wembley tomorrow. i may drop in and make a booking for driver fitting. thanks for the info. btw; are you easily recognizable as a metalhead?

Bruce Dickinson
18th January 2011, 01:16 PM
bruce> i'll be at wembley tomorrow. i may drop in and make a booking for driver fitting. thanks for the info. btw; are you easily recognizable as a metalhead?

I'm in disguise, the maiden t shirts stay at home. If you are making a booking ask for Rohan or Brad

dean0820
18th January 2011, 01:37 PM
will do mate, thanks. i'll be with a bunch of school teachers so i'll be flying under the metal radar too.

Yossarian
18th January 2011, 02:33 PM
The dead chickens in the office are the real give away.

Bruce Dickinson
18th January 2011, 04:18 PM
The dead chickens in the office are the real give away.

dead chickens are so yesterday

rubin
18th January 2011, 04:29 PM

My belief is that Metal Heads have moved onto Bats, Dogs, and the occasional horse....... Correct me if im wrong though....

TourFit
18th January 2011, 06:39 PM

In this heat that'll explain the smell...

...wait 'til tomorrow.