PDA

View Full Version : Golf Course Flood Assistance

BrettM
13th January 2011, 08:25 PM
I spoke with my Director today who asked what I thought we could do to assist golf courses to get back on their feet as soon as possible following the floods. The company I work for, Turnpoint, manage golf course maintenance operations around Australia for a number of well known courses, plus racetracks. We also build golf courses.

I would imagine that at present our state and national Superintendent associations are formulating some form of assistance in association with fertiliser and chemical companies as well as machinery suppliers. It would be easy to join a group effort such as that, and we most likely will, but if any of you are on committees affected by the floods I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on how you think we could help.

In a former life I was Superintendent at Brisbane GC. I got a message from the current Super there on Tuesday who had shifted all the gear to the clubhouse carpark which is the highest point on the property. The shed now is under, pump station, etc. Not good.

Moe Norman
13th January 2011, 09:22 PM
i'm a member there, and live just up the road. Their carpark would be under for sure I would imagine.

markTHEblake
13th January 2011, 09:29 PM
Brett, does this extend to the gold coast? we were not affected by the Toowoomba>Brisbane flood but we are under water from the big wet just the same. actually a certain mix of fertilisers and other chemicals might come in handy to blow up a certain train line (that causes backflooding into our course)