PDA

View Full Version : Enable me - FW selections

oz
7th June 2005, 08:23 PM
OK. I am contemplating ditching my Titty 980F 3W & 5W.

I'll probably replace the 5W with a hackstick (Cally Heavenwood, maybe?), but I haven't seen too many 3 woods that catch my eye.

Of course, it''ll need to be versatile enough for teeshots, as well as easy enough to hit off the deck. I tend to sweep the ball a bit, and don't want anything too deep-faced. I'm not a naturally high ball hitter.

Just to add to the wish list, I want it to be reasonably priced, too. :)

Any suggestions? C'mon you enablers, give me some ideas.... :)

goughy
7th June 2005, 08:45 PM
Cally warbird. Still some floating around on ebay and should be a fair price. Classic callaway head shape that has been used over and over again. A deep enough face for tee shots but with a great sole shape for off the deck.

I have a 3 wood that I don't hit all that well, but I think the shaft may not be that suited to me. When I do connect it's great.

Courty
7th June 2005, 09:26 PM
My dream 3 wood is a TM V-Steel. Never hit one though. I did hit one of the old TM 200 series once (steel head). It was an awesome club.

ben
7th June 2005, 09:38 PM
you couldn't pay me to get my Nak NP-1 FW out of the bag. even if I wasn't the distributor for nak, you couldn't pay me. I'm dam surgical with it.

Fishman Dan
7th June 2005, 09:45 PM
My dream 3 wood is a TM V-Steel. Never hit one though. I did hit one of the old TM 200 series once (steel head). It was an awesome club.

Ditto the V-Steel. There's been a couple pass through here cheap too! :cry:

After seeing Burger stripe his 15* (?) repeately and keep the driver in his bag, i'm in awe.

oz
7th June 2005, 10:26 PM
The V-steel is on the short-list, for sure.  Probably in 15*.

The Nak looks sweet, but probably outside the budget for now, unless I can find a good used one, which is a bit less likely.

I love my Deep Red II Tour Driver.  The dang thing is just dead easy to hit....  I wonder if the same holds true for the fairway wood models in the Tour designation???

gazgolf1
8th June 2005, 05:54 AM
Stay with Titleist and go the 904F....they are a huge improvement over the 980F :shock: .

miro
8th June 2005, 08:43 AM
Cleveland Launcher in a 15 degree (I have the 13 degree). If you like "classic" shaped 3 woods this is the one. Maybe for better players? Maybe thats just me trying to claim to be a better player. :oops:

AndyP
8th June 2005, 09:25 AM
I did hit one of the old TM 200 series once (steel head). It was an awesome club.
I'll second this.
I've got a TM 200Steel 3W, and think it's great.
Shallow face really helps you getting it off the fairway, and I have no issues with it off the tee. It's a really nice feeling club to hit.

Jarro
8th June 2005, 09:31 AM
Cleveland Launcher in a 15 degree (I have the 13 degree). If you like "classic" shaped 3 woods this is the one.

gotta agree with miro on this one, the launchers really do kick arse 8)

mr previous fav was the good old TM 200 steel .. great fairway woods.

What about not even having a 3 and 5 wood, but instead put a couple of rescure clubs into play :?: easier to hit from just about any lie :wink:

macleod
8th June 2005, 09:42 AM
OK.  I am contemplating ditching my Titty 980F 3W & 5W.

I'll probably replace the 5W with a hackstick (Cally Heavenwood, maybe?), but I haven't seen too many 3 woods that catch my eye.

Of course, it''ll need to be versatile enough for teeshots, as well as easy enough to hit off the deck.  I tend to sweep the ball a bit, and don't want anything too deep-faced.  I'm not a naturally high ball hitter.

Just to add to the wish list, I want it to be reasonably priced, too. :)

Any suggestions?  C'mon you enablers, give me some ideas....  :)

Give the Wishon 515grt fw heads a go, the benefits their are high launch, right face height, cheap.

the biggie is you can buy the head, then get the exact shaft you want fitted rather than the cart/horse arrangement with looking for a name brand and replacing a stock....or course if you love the stock...no probs!

if you want resale, go with the name brands listed, v-steel 5 wood has been the longest thing in my bag for about almost 3 years now i think? (how long have they been out for...i got it when they first appeared....my brain hurts)

oz
8th June 2005, 09:53 AM
So, Launcher Steel or Titanium? Which models do you have / like?

Pinglauncher
8th June 2005, 10:38 AM
So, Launcher Steel or Titanium?  Which models do you have / like?

Oz

I have a steel Launcher 3w 15*. Awesome club and the longest of 3 woods I have tried. I am slowly realizing I am not consisitent enough hitting 3 wood off the deck. I have just picked up a Launcher 17* which I am hoping will be almost as long but maybe a bit more user friendly for me. I may consider selling the 3 if the 5 works out so give me a yell if interested :wink:

macleod
8th June 2005, 10:39 AM
So, Launcher Steel or Titanium?  Which models do you have / like?
steel is cheaper, titanium slight deeper faced.

the steel versions have always gotten a thumbs up in comparison from the review and chatter i've seen, comparabale performance but the price differential seems to be the kicker.

there's a nice one going on the local eeb atm http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36214&item=7160601094&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

globalgolf has one, they have a nice mid-cheap aus ship price....
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18949&item=7161392446&rd=1

check the GEA forum for lots of chatter about the launcher, or check with gazgolf here!

BrisVegas
8th June 2005, 01:16 PM
What about not even having a 3 and 5 wood, but instead put a couple of rescue clubs into play  :?:  easier to hit from just about any lie  :wink:

And ditch the bermuda shorts for a nice skirt while you're at it...  :roll:  :wink:

Just kidding choppa - how many cheat sticks are you using now??? :shock:

Bruce
8th June 2005, 02:04 PM
I've got a v-steel copy from Ben. I think it's a PowerPlay. Got it with a TX-90 shaft for less than $90 all up and it is a little rocket.

But what do I know.

oz
8th June 2005, 05:02 PM
The Launcher talk has really got me interested...... I'll have to figure out what to charge for the two 980F's (15* & 19*).

Would you sell them as a pair, or list them separately?

Jarro
8th June 2005, 05:08 PM
seperately

macleod
8th June 2005, 06:13 PM
separate but offer a discount on postage for anyone who buys both :D

oz
10th June 2005, 08:58 AM
Colour me interested in the Launchers. The 980F 3 wood is now listed in the Pro Shop.... :D

macleod
10th June 2005, 09:43 AM
Colour me interested in the Launchers.  The 980F 3 wood is now listed in the Pro Shop....  :D

oz, if you weren't in sunny albury i'd lend you my Ashton X1 15* i have up for sale so you could have a bash ;)

hey, who knows...you might not have found one by August and I'll bring it down! :lol:

oz
10th June 2005, 09:53 AM
Colour me interested in the Launchers.  The 980F 3 wood is now listed in the Pro Shop....  :D

oz, if you weren't in sunny albury i'd lend you my Ashton X1 15* i have up for sale so you could have a bash ;)

hey, who knows...you might not have found one by August and I'll bring it down! :lol:

Mate, don't worry, I have looked closely at your listing a few times now.... I'm currently bidding for a Launcher from the US, but if I miss out, I'll take another close look....

Cheers

Oz