PDA

View Full Version : Free Wireless Hotspots

Trung
7th June 2005, 04:54 PM
1. Browns Plains Shopping Centre, QLD... (reporting to you from the food court, next to Gloria Jeans coffee) :D

Jarro
7th June 2005, 04:59 PM
what the hell are you doing up here mate :? :roll:

Fishman Dan
7th June 2005, 05:03 PM
Hey - if it's free! Sure, it cost $200 in airfares, but the internet access is free!

Our remote access package for our salespeople quotes Gloria Jeans as a free wireless data point, so if we happen upon a GJ coffee shop, they can synch their CRM remotely.

Pity our business is based on farm products :roll:

Trung
7th June 2005, 05:09 PM
a day trip to brissie for work.. Who said I'm paying anything? :wink:

markTHEblake
7th June 2005, 06:33 PM
do you mean Gloria Jeans is an open network?
or do you still have to buy something....

Trung
7th June 2005, 11:28 PM
do you mean Gloria Jeans is an open network?
or do you still have to buy something....

I'm not sure if the wireless signal was from GJ. Could be any of the many shops around there.

And yes I did bought a coffee from GJ.

markTHEblake
7th June 2005, 11:49 PM
dunno if you understood the question.

Is that wireless hotspot open, meaning you just turned your computer and you were online , or did you have to obtain a password or code to activate the connection?

Trung
8th June 2005, 07:54 AM
you just turned your computer and you were online

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023

no login, no password :P

markTHEblake
8th June 2005, 05:01 PM
Great. There is a GJ heere

SHOP T5, NEWINGTON MARKETPLACE
HOMEBUSH
NSW 2128

is that anywhere near the Homebush convention centre thingy

Fishman Dan
8th June 2005, 05:10 PM
Mark - not sure. I think it's seperate from the Homebush sports/convention centre precinct.

I'm pretty sure the Newington shops will be a cluster of Convenience stores and the odd coffee shop among high-rises.

Where are you staying while you're here? The Novotel, or in Newington itself?

Onewood
8th June 2005, 05:47 PM
It was good to catch up with the Trung man before heading north 8) thanks for calling in :wink: now can you send my GPS thingy back :D

Trung
8th June 2005, 06:12 PM
It was good to catch up with the Trung man before heading north 8) thanks for calling in :wink: now can you send my GPS thingy back :D

What GPS thingy mate?

It was great to meet up with ya. Thanks for the meal. Sorry I was late. :oops:

Trung
8th June 2005, 06:13 PM
2. Oporto @ Newtown.. 8)

markTHEblake
8th June 2005, 06:21 PM
Where are you staying while you're here? The Novotel, or in Newington itself?

somewhere in the city, to be near a train station. everything near Homebush is booked out.

macleod
9th June 2005, 09:37 AM
1. Browns Plains Shopping Centre, QLD... (reporting to you from the food court, next to Gloria Jeans coffee)  :D
oh god not browns plains again :D

what's ozgolfers obsession with that suburb!

fishy encouraged you to wait there didn't he :lol:

Fishman Dan
9th June 2005, 10:07 AM
Haha - there's nuffink rong wif Browns Planes.

Mind you I'd be interested to know how many of the natives of the area carry laptops - for their personal use that is. Or are dodgy Maccas carpark deals the norm there? :lol:

macleod
9th June 2005, 10:42 AM
Haha - there's nuffink rong wif Browns Planes.

Mind you I'd be interested to know how many of the natives of the area carry laptops - for their personal use that is. Or are dodgy Maccas carpark deals the norm there? :lol:

we fitted right in :D

hey, i learned some new swear words from the young lassies whilst sitting at that maccas :D trying to determine etymologies currently.....

that and the fact a number of cars went through both drive-thru's (HJ and Macca's) in sequence whilst shouting abuse to each other from the drive-thru lanes...classic stuff.....as an amateur anthropologist i always enjoy such things.....

markTHEblake
2nd July 2005, 12:54 AM
can only use Gloria Jeans as a Wireless Hotspot if you have an account with Optusnet. https://rego.optusnet.com.au/wireless/pricing.html

why do you say (imply) its free Fish?