PDA

View Full Version : Links Page...

clikchic
2nd June 2004, 10:55 AM
Hey Guys!

I want to get the links page a happening!

I thought it might be nice to include some golf websites.. :roll: so let me know all your favourites! ;-)

I thought it would also be a nice idea to have a section for the websites of members of ozgolf! :lol:

So send em through and I will add them on! ;-)

AndyP
2nd June 2004, 11:48 AM
8) 8)

We will have access to the links page from the top menu :?:

First website on the list should be ISG. :wink:

AndyP
2nd June 2004, 11:54 AM
8) 8)

First website on the list should be the "other" golf forum. :wink:

Wow! The name of the "other" golf forum gets picked up in the swear filter and replaced with "the "other" golf forum". :shock: 8)

clikchic
2nd June 2004, 12:05 PM
8) 8)

First website on the list should be the "other" golf forum. :wink:

He he!

I was going to put it on the start page at www.ozgolf.net

Unfortunately no, you won't have access from the top menu as the software that generates the forum does not allow for other links, at least nowhere that I know how to access as I really am a hack at html.. ;-)

AndyP
2nd June 2004, 12:23 PM
I don't think many of us go thru the front page. I have a link that goes straight thru to check the newest posts. :?

clikchic
2nd June 2004, 12:27 PM
I don't think many of us go thru the front page. I have a link that goes straight thru to check the newest posts. :?

Yes, I would love to do it, but just don't know how... I don't know how to access it. I would love to have the chat link up there as well...

I might have a play tho and see what I can find....

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 12:28 PM

me too :oops:

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 12:42 PM
www.golftipsmag.com

www.golfdigest.com

www.bdga.org.au

for starters :wink:

Jarro
2nd June 2004, 12:43 PM
what about a link to the golflinks page :?:

maybe we could find a way to check on someone's scores :?

clikchic
2nd June 2004, 12:52 PM
Well I had a look at the files but can't find where I would need to put the links. They are mostly php files, and I had a look at the index.php file.. but I am afraid with my basic html language capabilities I couldn't see where you would put the links or how you would do it.. :oops:

I am afraid it is a bit out of my league...

I mostly use frontpage to do my web design (photoshop for graphics) and I can read some html but certainly can't write it but am very good at copying! LOL

The forum is created by a program that comes with the control panel with the hosting package...you just have to click a few links to install it and there you go... easy.. but actually knowing how the php works is another story.. :cry:

AndyP
2nd June 2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks for looking into it, clikchic. 8)

More links:

www.ausgolf.com.au

www.golflink.com.au

www.gailesgolf.com.au

www.keperragolf.com.au

Mini Golf
http://www.electrotank.com/playGame.electro?gId=119

www.pgatour.com.au

www.pacificgolf.com.au

QGU
www.queenslandgolf.org.au

Golf Testing Company
www.rankmark.com

www.virginia-golf.com.au

http://www.northlakesgolfclub.com.au/default.asp

Golf Driving game
http://www.makaimedia.com/games/game_frame.aspx?gid=12

AndyP
2nd June 2004, 03:19 PM
what about a link to the golflinks page :?:

maybe we could find a way to check on someone's scores :?

Perhaps we could put a direct link in our signature?

terryand
2nd June 2004, 04:29 PM
This is a good site,has most golf sites here.

http://www.alltimevideo.com/linksgf.htm

Terry.

Courty
3rd June 2004, 07:29 AM
My personal site, if anyone's interested :roll:

www.geocities.com/c0urty/index.html

markTHEblake
3rd June 2004, 02:14 PM
Well I had a look at the files but can't find where I would need to put the links. They are mostly php files, and I had a look at the index.php file.. but I am afraid with my basic html language capabilities I couldn't see where you would put the links or how you would do it.. :oops:

I think you got to change some of the templates, or at least learn Style Sheets. Where is andylo when you need him.

ben
3rd June 2004, 02:30 PM
Clickchick,

You need to edit overall_header.tpl in you template/templatename directory. Look for something like:

<td width="50%"><span class="mainmenu">Home (portal.php) : Forum (index.php) : AUCTIONS (auction.php) : {L_ALBUM} ({U_ALBUM}) : {L_FAQ} ({U_FAQ}) : {L_SEARCH} ({U_SEARCH}) : Invite! (recommend.php)</td>

It wont be the same as that, but it'll give you an idea.

Now as for links I'd be happy to extend our TGF discount offer to members to ozgolf.net members for our GCA store.

edit: sorry auctions was in bold due to some HTML tags. removed them to make it easier to read.

clikchic
3rd June 2004, 03:05 PM
Clickchick,

You need to edit overall_header.tpl in you template/templatename directory. Look for something like:

<td width="50%"><span class="mainmenu">Home (portal.php) : Forum (index.php) : AUCTIONS (auction.php) : {L_ALBUM} ({U_ALBUM}) : {L_FAQ} ({U_FAQ}) : {L_SEARCH} ({U_SEARCH}) : Invite! (recommend.php)</td>

It wont be the same as that, but it'll give you an idea.

Now as for links I'd be happy to extend our TGF discount offer to members to ozgolf.net members for our GCA store.

edit: sorry auctions was in bold due to some HTML tags. removed them to make it easier to read.

Oh wow thanks Ben! I have now found where to put it... now I just have to work out how.. I am not getting my html quite right and every time I try to add a link I loose the forum! OOPS! :oops:

AndyP
3rd June 2004, 03:14 PM
Oh wow thanks Ben! I have now found where to put it... now I just have to work out how.. I am not getting my html quite right and every time I try to add a link I loose the forum! OOPS! :oops:

So, it was you making it go all screwy. :evil: :D

clikchic
3rd June 2004, 03:50 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

ben
3rd June 2004, 03:59 PM
clickchic,

email me your overall_header.tpl file and I shall add "links" for you.

ben@golfcomponents.com.au

AndyP
4th June 2004, 08:08 PM
Excellent. The links and chat are in the header. 8) Well done guys.

However, a couple of the links on the links page don't appear to be working. :?

990B Luva
4th June 2004, 08:18 PM
how about www.taylormadegolf.com/r7/

AndyP
11th June 2004, 09:32 PM
www.nambourgolfclub.com.au