PDA

View Full Version : What irons should I use?

shazza_rs
7th January 2011, 02:35 PM
What shaft/head combo do you guys think I'd be able to play for those of you who have seen me hit a ball.

Currently using Ping S58's with stiff zz65's. Usually they are okay but only when I play every week which just hasn't been happening lately.

Currently hit my 7 iron 110m and probably looking for more distance than that.

just
7th January 2011, 02:40 PM
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro's with Dynalite Gold XP R300.

peter_rs
7th January 2011, 02:40 PM
Assume she plays to a easy 11. 4-pw

And yes a ideal world she would get fitted

simmsy
7th January 2011, 03:15 PM
adams cb2 with kbs90 reg

Jarro
7th January 2011, 03:16 PM
Wait until after the bub arrives, then go get a new set (fitted)

Dotty
7th January 2011, 03:47 PM
Helmet? Check.
Arm-pads? Check.
Hector? Check.

Breville Shot-Of-Steam.

:razz:

jaybam
7th January 2011, 03:51 PM
Wait until after the bub arrives, then go get a new set (fitted)

There has been a couple of quotes regarding a baby and am wondering if there's some announcment that hasn't been made???

Daves
7th January 2011, 03:52 PM
AP2s with Nippon shafts, 950s or 1050s.

rubin
7th January 2011, 03:53 PM
Helmet? Check.
Arm-pads? Check.
Hector? Check.

Breville Shot-Of-Steam.

:razz:

very, very, very brave...... but good call nontheless!

hocko
7th January 2011, 04:40 PM
Callaway X20's.......I heard a rumour that MegaWatty has some?

3oneday
7th January 2011, 04:57 PM
Yes, and I have KBS reg shafts to match those spectacular and hard to purchase X20 Tours !

haysey
7th January 2011, 05:12 PM
There has been a couple of quotes regarding a baby and am wondering if there's some announcment that hasn't been made???

Me too?

TheNuclearOne
7th January 2011, 05:41 PM
Just has mentioned a very good combination for starters. I will mention two others. The standard R9's with stock KBS in regular. The KBS in these is the lighter model and i think stiff flex is wrong for you. Pretty big head, high hitting, very forgiving and very long. Not too much offset either. The other is the Burner 2.0 i use. You should be able to trial a set in regular. Sensational sticks. These two sets and the JPX just mentioned are as long as it gets and would all sit well with your handicap.

Jarro
7th January 2011, 05:43 PM
Shaz needs anti-shank clubs at the moment :lol:

Seriously Sharon, stick with what you have .... you hit them well enough 90% of the time.

MegaWatty
7th January 2011, 06:15 PM
Yes, and I have KBS reg shafts to match those spectacular and hard to purchase X20 Tours !

What an amazing setup that'd be. I don't reckon you'd find anything better than this. I wish I played reg instead of stiff and I'd be all over them.

Anyway, I'd just be happy to see them go to a good home, so feel free to contact me any time via PM and I'm sure you're lowball will be accepted.

MW. :)

Hux
7th January 2011, 06:25 PM
Shaz you really struggled with the clubs on Monday I can see why you need to change....crappy 38 pts.

markTHEblake
7th January 2011, 06:52 PM
And yes a ideal world she would get fitted

The funny thing about that line, is that I should wear glasses, so sometimes i misread what i am reading because i have made an assumption.

markTHEblake
7th January 2011, 06:54 PM
What shaft/head combo do you guys think I'd be able to play for those of you who have seen me hit a ball
I'd like to see you hit the ball higher. So lighter softer shafts - like a reg flex, and heads with a lower CG.

shazza_rs
7th January 2011, 06:55 PM
Just had some KBS tour 90's in reg fitted to my S58's. I didn't really want to get rid of my pings just yet as I like the heads.

PS. No baby on the way yet!
PPS. I don't buy clothes that need ironing!

MegaWatty
7th January 2011, 07:01 PM
God damn it.