PDA

View Full Version : Best golf tuition?

cytaylor1
5th January 2011, 10:11 PM
Howdy,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any places that offer good quality tuition/ lessons in QLD/ northern NSW?

I'm looking for slightly advanced lessons - not too advanced! But just more than the basics!

If you know of any places with switched-on instructors that offer quality lessons, please share! It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jerome

markTHEblake
5th January 2011, 10:42 PM
in QLD/ northern NSW?

Well you are looking in the right place to find lots of poor quality tuition, and plenty that charge and arm and a leg for it, with lots of snake oil.

I could give you a few suggestions but I am only going to refer my mates, so not really reliable advice (and most of us are the same). If you are looking for a package of lessons you need to choose carefully - like what if you dont get along with the guy. Whereabouts exactly are you located?

cytaylor1
5th January 2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for that Mark, I'm driving from north queensland to nsw so can stop anywhere in between. I'm sure there'd be some good tuition available somewhere between that stretch!

Marto65
6th January 2011, 10:18 AM
Victoria Park in Brisbane have an excellent facility .... and Jim Barden (?) .. he's a genius.

cytaylor1
6th January 2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for that Marto, will do some research on it.

Ferrins
6th January 2011, 01:13 PM
I like the group lessons at Victoria Park with Chris Gibson. $25 bucks for the hour and you hit as many balls as you like. He works with you individually and you get quality assessment and progression of drills with 3 to 4 visits from him in the hour.