PDA

View Full Version : Golf Insurance

andylo
7th June 2005, 11:16 AM
Waaahahahahahahaa....

I was reading some HK website and discover HSBC bank in HK selling Golf Insurance...

Which cover:
Lost equipment
What if you hit somebody
... and most of other ordinary thing...

But one is PURE GOLD:
Expenses if you get Hole In One!!

HAHAHAHAHAAA :lol:

andylo
7th June 2005, 11:22 AM
Comp round only.

You don't have the shout the fullhouse if its social round right?

andylo
7th June 2005, 11:33 AM
and I think it's only the Asian country does it correct? Maybe the yanks... I dunno.

If I got a HIO and I need to shout the fullhouse I will quietly walk to my car after the game because it will stop me HOing for too long. :lol:

Fishman Dan
7th June 2005, 11:54 AM
If/when I chalk up an ace, i'll gladly shout the bar. It's the only way i'll be able to keep people in the clubhouse while i recount how it all happened, until the others golfers ears start to bleed... :P

markTHEblake
7th June 2005, 12:02 PM
My old golf club gives the golfer $200 to shout the bar, and that is covered by an insurance policy the clubs take out.

Also did you know that all Hole in One prizes at tournaments are covered by insurance paid by the sponsor. They dont actually cough up the car/cash themselves.

That big pommy insurer is the only one i heard of that does it.

But your right, this is a big thing in Asia, that hole in ones cost the golfer a lot of money, to shout all his freinds.

andylo
7th June 2005, 12:12 PM
Kev make a few HIOs and I think Leon did too... dunno what happen to them....

Leon is disappear... probably still running away from the bar's bill :lol:

markTHEblake
7th June 2005, 01:26 PM
My old golf club gives the golfer $200 to shout the bar, and that is covered by an insurance policy the clubs take out.
Wow, I didn't know Emmy lakes did that. I've been honding back from making aces because I was afraid of the payout...I'll start trying now. 8)

OLD golf club, as in past, prior, previous ya wally.

Elakes does nothing i think, so stick to aiming left of the pin just in case.

Bruce
7th June 2005, 02:20 PM
I think the Asian tradition is for far more than just shouting the bar. Expensive gifts for playing partners and/or caddies are demanded by their etiquette.

andylo
7th June 2005, 02:35 PM
No wonder golf in Asian never kick off like Australia then... just getting too expensive.

(Lucky my HIO was an unofficial one + it was in Aus)

markTHEblake
7th June 2005, 03:01 PM
asian golf is always expensive. Strictly a sport for the millionaires and up.

McMw
7th June 2005, 05:25 PM
a HIO is a HIO...
so even if it's in a social round, most golfers would be glad to shout the golfers at the club house...

sure...it can be exp...but hey...if u can afford to play on a course like Laguna National...you must be doing allright...

different story if it's on a public course I would imagine...no one gives a crap!!!

amanda
7th June 2005, 05:29 PM
Mau - officially here in Oz it's not a HIO if the hole is less than 100m :shock:

McMw
7th June 2005, 05:34 PM
then surely that means most ladies HIOs don't count then!!!

I don't know or just don't get it...

HIO is HIO...irregardless of length, or play...

try telling some poor bugga who's been playing for the better part of 20 years, get's a HIO on a 99mtr hole, during a social game, only to be told otherwise by some tightass that it's not a HIO... :lol:

amanda
7th June 2005, 07:29 PM
That's the AGU/WGA for you!

AndyP
7th June 2005, 08:27 PM
Mau - officially here in Oz it's not a HIO if the hole is less than 100m :shock:
I'll keep that in mind.
The 6th at Nambour has two different tee areas, one at 85m, the other at 113m.

I guess I will just try harder for the HIO from the back tees then. ;)

goughy
7th June 2005, 09:23 PM
Mau - officially here in Oz it's not a HIO if the hole is less than 100m  :shock:

That's not on. You can sink a 2 foot put for eagle and it's still an eagle and it dosen't carry the same value as a hole in one. I think a hio is a hio. So what if the course has an 'easy' hole. Not the golfers fault.

If any of you get a hio on a 99mtr or less hole I'll let it count.