PDA

View Full Version : Newby saying G'day

Carby650
3rd January 2011, 05:35 PM
Good afternoon all.

Just a short note to introduce my good self as a newby to the forum.
I look forward to chatting to a few of you and hopefully picking up a few good tips along the way.

Have been a social golfer for 10 years (the old 9 holes and beer once a month) and when I moved down to Bunbury due to work at the beginning of 2010 joined Capel Golf club to meet a few people. BTW, great club at Capel and very welcoming.

Started as a 30 handicapper and now down to 27. Only getting out once a fortnight so the handicapp is not going to move much however due for some leave in a week so will be spending some of that time attemping to get the handicapp down.

In my bag I have:
Taylormade Burner plus irons 4-S (40th b'day present from the wife :mrgreen:)
Taylormade Burner 3 rescue (19 deg)
Driver is a Taylormade Tour Burner (10.5 deg)
Cleveland CG15 (52 deg) wedge
And the newest addition thanks to a golf box voucher from the mother out law for Christmas is a new Ping Scottsdale Anser 2 putter. Loving this putter. Used it for the first time at Gosnells on new years eve with a mate who's a member there. Everything I hit just felt like it was going in the hole or close to it. Who knows if its the putter or the knob holding it but so far think it's great.

Anyhow thats me. Trust I can learn a bit from those on here and have a few laughs along the way.

cheers
Carby650

Dotty
3rd January 2011, 05:45 PM
Welcome aboard.

Golfnut
3rd January 2011, 06:04 PM
G'day Carby650.....welcome to the WAnker crew :D

Is the nickname any reference to the big double pumper 650 carb?

Have a look at the trip that's being planned for early April.....your home course is on the list as a possible venue for one of the games for the weekend's golfing......would be an easy way to meet most of us too.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/21688-EOI-WA-CHAMPS-2011-Provisonally-the-1-3-APRIL?p=570140#post570140

Enjoy your stay.

Carby650
3rd January 2011, 06:15 PM
G'day Carby650.....welcome to the WAnker crew :D

Is the nickname any reference to the big double pumper 650 carb?

Um yes. Actully it is a calling that I have used due to the wife. (now get your mind out the gutter.)
Her name is Holly and as such used to get called Carby.
So we generally use either Carby or Carby650.

chees
Carby650

Courty
3rd January 2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome aboard, Carby. There are a few OZgolfers in the southern WA area these days. Check out the 1st Tee section to catch up with them for some rounds.

Dcanto
3rd January 2011, 06:32 PM
G'day Carby.

Carby650
3rd January 2011, 07:56 PM
Cheers for the welcome guys.

Obviously I'm a high handicapper however looking to get down to 20-22.

Up until early last year I had very old gear which was ok for beer golf but when I joined Capel was lucky enough for the wifey to give me some great irons for the Bday. I got no excuses now. Can only blame to person holding the clubs for a bad round and trust me I've had plenty of those.

cheers
Carby650

Minor_Threat
3rd January 2011, 08:02 PM
Hey mate..

Welcome!

timah!
3rd January 2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome Carby!

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

LarryLong
3rd January 2011, 08:42 PM